Open 570: Making Friends and Enemies (Mafia Wins!)

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:45 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Josh, stop looking for Masons. It's so anti-town it's unbelievable.

Only Wisdom is scum out of Heph/Uct/Wisdom.

I think I'm going to try one more case.

God help me.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:51 am

Post by Josh_B »

All by his lonesome
About WIFOM: Sometimes I just get thirsty and drink both glasses.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:54 am

In post 1974, Josh_B wrote:What if said that prior to you and shinobi being big jerks to me when Wisdom was pushing my wagon, my top scum reads were Heph, Uct, and Wisdom.

This sounds like you're scum-reading me because I was scum-reading you.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:57 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 792, Josh_B wrote:You cant omgus an omgus when you omgused first. I claim being the fist one to be suspicious.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:58 am

Can you show me where you were suspicious first?

Also, I didn't OMGUS you and you have flat out admitted to OMGUS'ing me.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Josh_B »

True story.
Let's try to work out our scum reads instead of arguing for no reason about nothing.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:02 am

I'm working on a case and will post it when I can get on my laptop.

Top 3 scum-reads Josh?
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:08 am

Post by Josh_B »

I have Mala, GM, and Davesaz as town.
Peabody is town, but I'm less sure.

That leaves BBT and Shinobi claiming to know that each other is town, but claiming to not be masons.
And that Leaves
Wisdom/MS and Nero/heph claiming that each other is town.

I'm definitely thinking that one group is scum. Are they scum or are they masons? or are neither of them scum, and neither of them masons.
It's like it's multiball only one team is town and one team is scum.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:11 am

Your using the word 'know' badly.

I don't believe either of those players you have listed have said they KNOW the other one is town. You're jumping to conclusions.

There is also no reason to group those players together either. I think you need to re-evaluate the way you're going about this game.

So, top 3 scum is ..., ... and ... because ...
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:07 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1971, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1967, Shinobi wrote:
In post 1956, beastcharizard wrote:
And Wisdom has to be replaced as well.

I'm actually really unhappy about this.

Why?

He made the game more fun.

There are like 50 million things wrong with Josh's case but I can't debunk that shit on a phone.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:53 am

Alright, so Pea is scum.

Why I hear you ask. Well, here's why;

Hey! Look at who Scripten was going to move onto if NPAU flipped town;

- Uct is town, Shinobi not so much. Follow up to come when he is on his laptop. This never comes.

- This post is odd. He states that he thinks GM could be scum because of her lack of effort and emotional defence. He follows this to say that he simply does not see the case for NPAU being scum. In summary, he can see GM being scum for reasons, but he does not see NPAU as scum, he just doesn't town-read him. Yet, he ends up on the NPAU wagon completely ignoring his own reads and following who he thinks is town. This is bad logic, he saw a reason for GM being scum, GM was a viable lynch, but he decided not to pursue it in favour of somebody he could not see as being scum.

- Over-reaction. He 'hates' both these wagons. Both are 'probably' town. Wait, NPAU is now a town-read? Because in , you specifically state that you're not town-reading NPAU. Looking for some town-cred after the NPAU lynch?

- He casually throws a scum-read out. Conveniently, right at the end of the day. You would expect him to follow this up at the start of D2. He doesn't. To my memory, still hasn't.
- He semi-agrees with my case on Dave. He needs to look at Dave in-depth. This also never happens.

- Reads list. Here we go, he was scum-reading Huntress and he had to look at Dave in-depth as well. This is it. Sadly, no, it isn't. In fact, he doesn't even mention Huntress, he begins to pursue Heph again. He also states that 'Dave hasn't pinged him as town or scum because he hasn't been paying attention to him in terms of alignment'. So, you're not trying to get a read on Dave because....?

- I think Wisdom pointed this one out. He pretty much sheeps everything Wisdom has said. He town-reads Uct in this post.

- Reads-list. He is scum-reading Uct. Why did this change? Still scum-reading Huntress, whilst doing nothing about it.

Pea continually states his 'scum reads' but never actually follows up on them. He is continually 'catching up' which makes him look ridiculously town and I believe this is one of the main reasons I kept my town-read on him as long as I did.

His reads are inconsistent and I don't feel like they're genuine.

Pea should be today's lynch.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1974, Josh_B wrote:I find it highly notable that Nero has confirmed Wisdom as town, and Wisdom has confirmed Nero as town with out prompting.

I don't think this ever happened. I DID say that I thought MS was town and by extension Wisdom 'cause they are in the same slot.

If Wisdom was calling me town he may have been trying to get some town cred.

@BBT-was was it scummy for Huntress to ask why she is being scumread?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:39 am

Post by Malakittens »

Just because someone claims someone else is town doesn't equal masons josh. If that's the case any game that I played with anyone who I have mAjor experience would mean I would have a mason read on them. :p

I don't see how BBT and shin town reading each other means they have to be masons. I don't.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:55 am

Post by Huntress »

I don't think Josh's request for the masons to claim comes from scum - unless he really is that bold as scum but it looks more like frustration to me - so that leaves my lynch pool as uct, Shinobi, Peabody and BBT.

In post 1945, Malakittens wrote:So I might be on the wrong track about Uct if I'm right on something.

Gonna hold off from an Uct vote until I can find time to sort something out.

Any news on this yet?

In post 1986, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think this ever happened. I DID say that I thought MS was town and by extension Wisdom 'cause they are in the same slot.

If Wisdom was calling me town he may have been trying to get some town cred.

Might the converse also be true? It seems an odd thing to say of your townread.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:10 am

Post by beastcharizard »

Aegor replaces Wisdom!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1988, Huntress wrote:Might the converse also be true? It seems an odd thing to say of your townread.

nope. I know Josh is misreading like crazy so maybe he's wrong about Wisdom saying that he knows that I was town but lets pretend that Josh is telling the truth (and not misreading) and Wisdom had said that he knew I was town. Why do you think town would say that?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Josh_B »

#missing my point.

See: Wisdom comments on a lurker
See: Nero comments before reading the game.

Re: Wisdom's comments on Huntress.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well ok, I'm not a mason with Wisdom so like who do you want dead now?

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I'm probably just going to end up on Peabody at the end of the day.

I just don't see any other alternatives that make much sense right now and I'm willing to trust that Mala is reading the current situation more accurately than I am.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1192, Wisdom wrote:You're boring. You'll sheep me on Peabody eventually, so why delay it?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1988, Huntress wrote:In post 1945, Malakittens wrote:
So I might be on the wrong track about Uct if I'm right on something.

Gonna hold off from an Uct vote until I can find time to sort something out.

Any news on this yet?

Yeah. I'm not as comfortable with the Uct lynch as I was days ago. You shouldn't be either.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by Malakittens »

VOTE: Peabody

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1982, Josh_B wrote:I have Mala, GM, and Davesaz as town.
Peabody is town, but I'm less sure.

That leaves BBT and Shinobi claiming to know that each other is town, but claiming to not be masons.
And that Leaves
Wisdom/MS and Nero/heph claiming that each other is town.

I'm definitely thinking that one group is scum. Are they scum or are they masons? or are neither of them scum, and neither of them masons.
It's like it's multiball only one team is town and one team is scum.

In post 1993, Shinobi wrote:I'm probably just going to end up on Peabody at the end of the day.

I just don't see any other alternatives that make much sense right now and I'm willing to trust that Mala is reading the current situation more accurately than I am.

Okay, seriously "what" to both of these posts.

Especially what to Shinobi. What are you trusting me in regards too?

Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by Josh_B »

@mala. I can't tell the difference between hiding scum and hiding masons. They both have the same informed minority features. I'd say this game is like multiball, but one of the scum teams win with the town.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1985, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Alright, so Pea is scum.

Why I hear you ask. Well, here's why;

Hey! Look at who Scripten was going to move onto if NPAU flipped town;

- Uct is town, Shinobi not so much. Follow up to come when he is on his laptop. This never comes.

- This post is odd. He states that he thinks GM could be scum because of her lack of effort and emotional defence. He follows this to say that he simply does not see the case for NPAU being scum. In summary, he can see GM being scum for reasons, but he does not see NPAU as scum, he just doesn't town-read him. Yet, he ends up on the NPAU wagon completely ignoring his own reads and following who he thinks is town. This is bad logic, he saw a reason for GM being scum, GM was a viable lynch, but he decided not to pursue it in favour of somebody he could not see as being scum.

- Over-reaction. He 'hates' both these wagons. Both are 'probably' town. Wait, NPAU is now a town-read? Because in , you specifically state that you're not town-reading NPAU. Looking for some town-cred after the NPAU lynch?

- He casually throws a scum-read out. Conveniently, right at the end of the day. You would expect him to follow this up at the start of D2. He doesn't. To my memory, still hasn't.
- He semi-agrees with my case on Dave. He needs to look at Dave in-depth. This also never happens.

- Reads list. Here we go, he was scum-reading Huntress and he had to look at Dave in-depth as well. This is it. Sadly, no, it isn't. In fact, he doesn't even mention Huntress, he begins to pursue Heph again. He also states that 'Dave hasn't pinged him as town or scum because he hasn't been paying attention to him in terms of alignment'. So, you're not trying to get a read on Dave because....?

- I think Wisdom pointed this one out. He pretty much sheeps everything Wisdom has said. He town-reads Uct in this post.

- Reads-list. He is scum-reading Uct. Why did this change? Still scum-reading Huntress, whilst doing nothing about it.

Pea continually states his 'scum reads' but never actually follows up on them. He is continually 'catching up' which makes him look ridiculously town and I believe this is one of the main reasons I kept my town-read on him as long as I did.

His reads are inconsistent and I don't feel like they're genuine.

Pea should be today's lynch.

Is this the current case on peabody?

but I much rather kill shinobi.

Return to “Completed Open Games”