Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:08 pm

Post by Netherspite »

You seem to be misrepping me.

I'll repeat once again: I don't strongly scumread any of you. I do slightly suspect you both.
I don't really exclude the possibility of you both being a scumteam, I consider it as a possible option. However, I'm not
that
sure in that to vote yet.
With at least two players lurking at this point I don't think we should be eager to perform a lynch now and end this day. We have 5 days more to decide and I still hope to hear from our lurkers to make a final decision on my vote for this day. By the way, here you can see what I usually do with lurkers instead of just scumreading them solely for the fact they're lurking like you do...
Also, as I mentioned in my first posts, I never really vote without a strong case outside of RVS (well, I can if it's close to deadline). That's why I'm not voting.

Also, I find it fun that you're preferring GiF's read over yours. Don't you consider the possibility of IC being the scum? Or do you
know
that he is not the scum?
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Post by Shiro »

Yea I know I messed up I was under the impression slightly meant a lot for some reason *facepalm* My bad there.

I don't think we should hurry a lynch either. Tis the reason I am not voting myself.

I don't scumread lurker like I said I find them null. I said I disslike the behaviour of lurking.

I do consider it but his general behaviour seems town to me so far so eh.I might change as I said this stands till carli comes back and responds.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:24 pm

Post by Netherspite »

Well, you still don't make an impression of someone who does scumhunt.
Right now I'm considering you equally suspicious to Carli.

I'd really like to see some more scumhunting from you if you're town.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:02 am

Post by Shiro »

Well, you still don't make an impression of someone who does scumhunt.

Ah that might be because I haven't really scumhunt. I mean sure a few question here and there but nothing of substance. I guess nothing has truly picked my interest enough.

In post 152, Netherspite wrote:Right now I'm considering you equally suspicious to Carli.

Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:06 am

Post by Netherspite »

Do you understand that if we won't scumhunt we'll lose? Are you playing against your role goal?
Or is your role goal actually to make town lose? :P
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:40 am

Post by Shiro »

Nah I know that but there are more than one way to find scum. Scumhunting without a lot of discussion isn't my forte unless I find something interesting enough.

Speaking of which you are scumhunting me as we speak. You ask question and you haven't really found any flaw in my answers(at least that what I assume since you haven't pointed anything out) so other than "You are not scumhunting" what do you find scummy in my behaviour to justify your scumread ?

Nah my role's goal is town victory.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:53 am

Post by Netherspite »

Basically I find "you're not scumhunting" a pretty strong argument on its own.
If you're town you should want to win. The only way to win is to scumhunt. You can do it in different ways, yes, but if you'll just sit there and wait for the scum to spoil some clue for you - you won't get far, really.

Besides that, I find most of your posts just fluff. I can't remember a single useful post from you in this game. You attempt to not draw any suspicion to you, you never push anyone, you only answer questions and that's not how the town should play for win in my opinion.
May be I'm wrong, and there is secret ninja tactic that allows to find scum without doing anything, in that case more experienced players please correct me.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 am

Post by Shiro »

Oh well we will see how things progress. We still have a lot of MIA people to weight in anyway.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:20 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 142, Bulbazak wrote:
I will be out of town this weekend, so Voidedmafia, my backup mod, will be taking care of everything in my absence. Please be nice to him while I'm gone.

Yeaahh...just don't expect binary. I no speak the language...

01001001001000000110110001101001011001010110010000101110001000000010000001011001011011110111010100100111011100100110010100100000011000010110110001101100001000000111010001101111011101110110111000101110

Vote CountCarli (3): Luca Blight, Dyslexicon, Toolenduso
Netherspite (0):
Toolenduso (1): Lolbabe
Lolbabe (0):
Shiro (0):
Dyslexicon (1): Netherspite
Luca Blight (0):
VictorDeAngelo (0):
GuyInFreezer (0):

Not Voting (4): Carli, VictorDeAngelo, Shiro, GuyInFreezer

It is day 1. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day ends on Wednesday, October 29 at 11:30pm EST. Countdown: (expired on 2014-10-29 23:30:00).
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:27 am

Post by Netherspite »

In post 158, Voidedmafia wrote:

:( I was so waiting for the next flavor text
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:07 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 159, Netherspite wrote:
In post 158, Voidedmafia wrote:

:( I was so waiting for the next flavor text

Don't worry, Bulb will pick it back up when he returns.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by toolenduso »

@Shiro:
Any thoughts on this:

In post 139, toolenduso wrote:-#86, she asks if she should have thoughts based on four posts from Carli. For one...well, I mean, I found something to talk about in her first four posts. Two, that's a defensive phrasing. Instead of saying "I don't really have any thoughts on Carli yet" or some iteration of that it was "should I have thoughts after only four posts?" This pings for me.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 161, toolenduso wrote:
@Shiro:
Any thoughts on this:

In post 139, toolenduso wrote:-#86, she asks if she should have thoughts based on four posts from Carli. For one...well, I mean, I found something to talk about in her first four posts. Two, that's a defensive phrasing. Instead of saying "I don't really have any thoughts on Carli yet" or some iteration of that it was "should I have thoughts after only four posts?" This pings for me.

I answered his question with a question. Something he still hasn't answered since he went MIA. I wanted to know his opinion of Carli. It was basicaly saying

"I don't have an opinion of carli based on 4 posts. Why do you ?"
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:09 pm

Post by Shiro »

Eh let get some stuff going.

@Nether GiF asked you at some early point to name those games of that behaviour of yours yet you never did. May I ask why ? Also I have to say your recent conversation with me didn't really feel non-standar nor where th questions concealed as useless and silly. To be honest non of your questions so far has been. Also can I ask something ? What has say lolbabe or Dys done that make them look townier than me ?
Speaking of
@Dys I am still waiting for you to tell me why you voted Carli so early without providing any reason whatsoever. You asked me what my read on her was and never got back to me about your reason based on 4 posts.

and again to @everyone Chances of scum in Carlis wagoon ?
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:36 pm

Post by Netherspite »

@Shiro

I have just a single other game on these forums, you can find it in my wiki or in my posts history.
So far there were not much good moments to ask those questions looking useless. I've asked some though in the beginning of the game.

lolbabe looked more townie because of her reads.
And Dyslexicon does not look townie or scummy, more like null read so far because of the lack of content.

Also your manner of answering my questions was a scum tell for me, I'll explain it a bit later if I'll decide to vote you.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:10 am

Post by Shiro »

Nether wrote: lolbabe looked more townie because of her reads.

I hope you do realise she hasn't given her reads. She only expressed a desire to Vote Carli and said that you and Luca are getting most of the attention. That is about it Not what you would call a read.

Nether wrote: Also your manner of answering my questions was a scum tell for me, I'll explain it a bit later if I'll decide to vote you.

Well your brought it up elaborate. Cause so far I have answered truthfully to all of them. Also you kind of neglated to say say so for quite a bit. Was your reason for finding me scummy fluff and absence of scumhunting ?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:21 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Tool, that unvote was basically a prod dodge + realizing that my vote on her is useless.
I could've voted the lurker there but I didn't feel like it.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:53 am

Post by Netherspite »

@Shiro

May be I worded it wrong, I meant that I find her thought process logical and town-driven.

And yes, I'll elaborate, but closer to deadline.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:10 am

Post by Shiro »

@Nether that logic is bad. You dont give your reasons at bloody deadline when people have little to none time to see your points and asses them.

It is scummy cause it advocates a bloody quicklynch cause of deadline without much thought from everyone so if you want to push me bloody do it and cut the passive aggresive BS.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:32 am

Post by Shiro »

In fact

@GiF with IC hat Please tell me. Is it optimal to wait for deadline in order to present your case on someone ?
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:33 am

Post by Netherspite »

@Shiro

Well, you confirm it once again.
When I put you under very soft pressure you start defending more and more aggressively, you reveal your survivalistic mindset which is logical to have for the scum but pretty wrong for the town.
The manner of you answering my questions is like you only concerned about your own survival and do not care about whether we'll find scum or not.
And instead of doing something else you just keep doing it and even become more aggressive.

After I pointed it out, you finally tried to mimic some scumhunting in #163. Yet it still was just a self-defense and an attempt to move the attention to someone else.

So basically, I think you are scum because:
1. You never scumhunt and don't care about finding the scum at all despite saying the opposite.
2. You are answering on my questions with defensive manner, you still don't care about others.
3. You end up raging while I stated that I suspect you only slightly.
4. You are really concerned about being lynched (or speed lynched) while no one else except me is really suspecting you at this point.

This over-defense and complete lack or any scumhunt makes it obvious that you're either scum or a terrible town player.
And at this point you made me thinking that the first is way more possible.

I'm putting my vote on you because it's 4 days until deadline already and I see you as the most possible scum at this point.
I still hope to hear more from our lurkers though.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shiro
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Shiro »

Survivalism in on itself is not scummy. But the point is I am not even being survivalistic I instigated this by continuing the conversation when I could have dropped it a few posts ago and stayed hidden in the shadows as you suggest I am doing. Also I would like you to point where you get this "Seems like you are only cerned about you own survial" vibe. Do something else like what exactly ? Everyone is away. And I am not talkng to you in order to defend myself. I was trying to make you say what you find suspicious because saying you are getting scum vibes without backing them up is BS.

1) You know I don't care simple because I haven't done any substancial scumhunting in the midst of most people being inactive?Yea ok.

2) Excuse me but if you haven't notice almost everyone is MIA and I have asked question to Lexie and Clari that still havent been answered. Also I would add to this that where are you getting the defensive manner ? If anything the very first thing I told you was give me your suspicions back on post 128. Actively asking people to scumhunt you=Defensive....Yea right mate. If you didn't notice I instigated this like I mentioned above. So please by all means quote me and show me what has been defensive in my answers

3)Where did I rage ? I was being pretty calm. I just called your passive agressivness BS

4)I am not concerned at all. I just pointed out that giving your case at deadline is a scummy move cause it advocated a quicklynch. Where exactly did you see concern that I feared I would be lynched. If anything I am the one that pressured you to actually out your case so people can see it. As in you know let them know why you think I am scummy so they can asses it ? Which you know means I will draw the attention ?

Again where are you getting the over-defence is beyond me unless you consider actively asking you to provide reason for you scum tells as "over-defence" then sure I did that plenty.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:47 am

Post by Netherspite »

@Shiro

Survivalism at this point of the game is only logical for scum.
Townies will win regardless of whether they'll die or not. They need to find scum.
So genuine townie under suspicion at D1 should be spewing reads and questions to other players rather than asking "Why you see me scummy?" just because he wants to find out who is the scum more than to survive himself.

1. Half of players being inactive does not excuse you for not scumhunting among the other half.

2. Your questions to them came after I stated that not scumhunting is a scummy behavior. Intention behind these questions looked more like scum trying to mimic scumhunting when pointed out than like townie genuinely scumhunting.

3. That "bloody ... bloody ... bloody" looked really like rage. It was soft rage but still, didn't look good.

4. How exactly can quicklynch happen if the only one suspecting you is me? I wasn't even sure whether I really want to vote you or not. It was
slight
suspicion. Why did you mention a "speedlynch" which was not going to happen?

Over-defense is when you really concerned about why are you being suspected.
Why should townie care about that? Scum of course wants to know the reason he's being suspected just because he needs to adjust his behavior to look less suspicious.
Dodging suspicion is the key for winning as scum and you were doing exactly that till now.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:23 am

Post by Shiro »

1. Half of players being inactive does not excuse you for not scumhunting among the other half.

Yes it is when that half you mostly townread.

Your questions to them came after I stated that not scumhunting is a scummy behavior. Intention behind these questions looked more like scum trying to mimic scumhunting when pointed out than like townie genuinely scumhunting.

No not really. The question I am refering to are post 86 and post 111 and post 141. I give you one of them post 141 cause you first mentioned you found my non scumy hunting ways suspicious at 129.

That "bloody ... bloody ... bloody" looked really like rage. It was soft rage but still, didn't look good.

Yes...I blame one of my british friends for that xD He says bloody a lot and it has stuck to me xD

How exactly can quicklynch happen if the only one suspecting you is me? I wasn't even sure whether I really want to vote you or not. It was slight suspicion. Why did you mention a "speedlynch" which was not going to happen?

You don't get my point. You said you would prefer to out your case closer to deadline. What I said was that that is bad losgic because you out a case when people have minimum time to asses it. Thus it might lead to a speedlynch out of "we have to lynch instead of no lynch" I never said you are trying to speedlynch me. I just wanted you to out your case now instead of later.

Over-defense is when you really concerned about why are you being suspected.

If that is what you think as it then you will see me doing it regardless of alignment. I simple wish to know why someone point a finger at me.

Why should townie care about that?

Because anylising how solid and valid someone case is, is by itself a way to find scum. Seeing if someone actually has a case and reasons instead of spewing fake reads in order to look like he is gathering info.

Dodging suspicion is the key for winning as scum and you were doing exactly that till now.

I wasn't trying to dodge suspicion. If I did I could have gone lurk like 80% of the game and none would bat an eyelash. You very case contradicts this statement cause I activly persued this conversation when I could have dropped it on post 162. Instead I persued to open a new conversation with you which led to this.
Last edited by Bulbazak on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:24 am

Post by Shiro »

The quotes got messed up but You can make it out right ?

Fixed.
Last edited by Bulbazak on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”