Newbie 1544 - Shakespeare Mafia: GAME OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:00 am

Post by Aneninen »

Prod dodge.
I've had busy days. My list about the lynchable players has been unchanged. Yes, RegalKitty, I've read your posts. There's no wagon against Nacho now so I'm ignoring that part – Today. As for WBO, your thoughts match mine about "miming". Shinobi and Aphix have done nothing I'm going to change my reads because of.

Deadline is closing.

I need to go to work again. Maybe I'll be able to post from mobile, maybe not, but I'll be definitely unable to write long posts. Therefore:
WBO, Aphix, Shinobi: should anyone of you reach L–1, consider me as the one who's willing to hammer any you. Claim in your next post as soon as you reach L–1.
(Ignore this part if you're anyone else and/or if you're not at L–1.)
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:01 am

Post by fferyllt »

Nachomamma8 has been prodded.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:01 am

Post by Aneninen »

Uhhh, sorry Fferyllt, I didn't want to steal the page top. Feel free to re-organize the posts if you're able to.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:08 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1.11

I love thee not, therefore pursue me not.
Where is Lysander and fair Hermia?
The one I'll slay, the other slayeth me.
Thou told'st me they were stolen unto this wood;
And here am I, and wode within this wood,
Because I cannot meet my Hermia.
Hence, get thee gone, and follow me no more..

WBOCampfire1104
(3): Evil Regals, House, aphix
aphix
(2): Klingoncelt, WBOCampfire1104
Klingoncelt
(1): Shinobi
Shinobi
(1): Aneninen

Not Voting
(2): Luca Blight, Nachomamma8

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: October 28, Midnight Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2014-10-28 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:58 am

Post by Shinobi »

For some reason aphix has more votes on him than Klingon which is mindblowing. WBO getting lynched wouldn't be surprising but I don't find it to be a particularly high percentage scum hit for any reason in particular. I can hop on that wagon and not feel bad about the flip at all just for the sake of clearing up the game.

The people throwing Klingon onto their not lynch lists need to pull their heads out of their asses. Same thing with Nacho.

Seriously, has
anyone
sat down and realized that Nacho has done diddly squat and still manages to get higher up on people's not-lynch lists? It blows my fucking mind.

Luca Blight should be higher up on people's priority lists though. His reads list was dogshit; a bunch of convenient albeit wishy-washy scumreads that make no sense in context that he can change at his leisure, and he hasn't bothered to come back and fix any of it. He can effectively wind up on any wagon he wants just based off of reading thread sentiment and everyone put him up on their townlists for next to nothing.

If anyone has any questions for me, go ahead and ask. I'll get to you when I get off work hopefully.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:07 am

Post by aphix »

Prod Dodge

Want to mention, Ane's I'll hammer a third of the players base without notice is FUCKED.

Noone has still provided any suitable reasons for me being on their scum list. The fact that Klingon isn't being list and refused to actually open up a dialog with anyone is shit. Same with WBO's accusations with no supporting evidence or providing any actually solid opinion.

WBO: Klingon hasn't repeated herself, she's continued to refuse posting content. If you think my shit is stupid, you are more a VI then I thought. I'll accept aggressive and dickish, but I am in complete control.

Also, I really enjoy in a day in a half with me not posting everyone else decided not to post. Thanks Ane for convincing me to not post anymore.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:12 am

Post by Shinobi »

I agree with aphix. Again.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Luca Blight

I don't have time to play a passive role anymore. Pretty much all existing wagons are horrible: this wagon is the best, would probably shoot for an Anen wagon as well.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:03 am

Post by House »

In post 532, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: Luca Blight

I don't have time to play a passive role anymore. Pretty much all existing wagons are horrible: this wagon is the best, would probably shoot for an Anen wagon as well.

Wow, way to sell me a Nacho-scum case!
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:04 am

Post by House »

VOTE: Nachos&Cheese

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 529, Shinobi wrote:For some reason aphix has more votes on him than Klingon which is mindblowing. WBO getting lynched wouldn't be surprising but I don't find it to be a particularly high percentage scum hit for any reason in particular. I can hop on that wagon and not feel bad about the flip at all just for the sake of clearing up the game.

WBO is a lazy lynch, and lynching him to "clear up the game" is the type of lynch that sets the tone for a horrible game. If you have trouble interpreting a player's posts and policy lynch them as a result, you are a bad player. It also surprises me how so many people somehow manage to realize one side of Aphix/Klingon is town and yet is completely blinded to the other: the irrational, emotional, annoying type of tunneling Klingon is displaying at the moment is the type that most often comes from town because of how deep it would require a scum player to take refuge in audacity.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 534, House wrote:VOTE: Nachos&Cheese

This is a better vote than your previous vote, congratulations.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:10 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 530, aphix wrote:The fact that Klingon isn't being list and refused to actually open up a dialog with anyone is shit. Same with WBO's accusations with no supporting evidence or providing any actually solid opinion.

Being logical doesn't mean town. Being illogical doesn't mean scum. WBO, in general, plays without supporting evidence or solid opinion. Try reading him a different way.

Klingon refusing to open up a dialog with anyone else is frustrating, but not scummy. You can claim she's been producing content exclusively about you (not scummy), but the other accusation you made of not producing any content at all is incorrect. It would also probably help the game if you acknowledge you're still ragging on your "RVS" scumread and she probably has reasons to tunnel you if you're still tunneling her this far into the day.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:13 am

Post by House »

UNVOTE:

Ok... what's your case on Luca? He's only made like, 4 posts... but I liked his reads list.

Also, why Ane? o.O

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I didn't like Luca's readslist because it felt like content he was throwing up just for the sake of being content, but my biggest problem is that anyone who hasn't been discussed as a potential lynch option is town and everyone who has been discussed as a potential lynch option is null-scum. I don't think any normal person who parses through the thread somehow ends up with a scumread on aphix AND klingon AND WBO: what that catch up consisted of was postures to prepare for wagon hops down the road.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 538, House wrote:but I liked his reads list.

Did you read it at all?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 288, Aneninen wrote:House – probably town. Genuine scumhunting, good questions. Nothing scummy here.

WBO – lean scum. To tell the truth, his posts are so terrible that I strongly doubt any scum would write posts like these. But, (1) this doesn't rule out that he is scum and (2) his predecessor was a lurker who might have replaced out because of being a scum. If it weren't for the latest part I'd say unsorted but, because of the fact that he's a replacement, lean scum. At least.

Roselily – null. Lack of content.

Klingon – lean town or a shrewd scum. Most of her posts are very pro-town but there are some disturbing bits.

Shinobi – probably scum. No real scumhunting, dodging questions, and nothing which seems to be at least a bit of town.

Aphix – probably scum. It seems that everyone forgot their very-early intro. I still think they could be scums together and distancing from each other right now.

Evil Regals – probably town. I think I've seen this gameplay before. She was town there. She is town here.

Nacho – lean town. I'd really like to see more content. This read is mostly intuitional.

I take incredible problem for people who seem to spend a lot of time reading (and it seems Anen spent a lot of time reading with how long that catchup was) but can only produce surface conclusions. Here, his most sophisticated reasoning for a read after a two screen catchup is "I think WBO might be too scum to be scum". That's unacceptable.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:17 am

Post by House »

In post 539, Nachomamma8 wrote:I didn't like Luca's readslist because it felt like content he was throwing up just for the sake of being content, but my biggest problem is that anyone who hasn't been discussed as a potential lynch option is town and everyone who has been discussed as a potential lynch option is null-scum. I don't think any normal person who parses through the thread somehow ends up with a scumread on aphix AND klingon AND WBO: what that catch up consisted of was postures to prepare for wagon hops down the road.

That's not entirely accurate. He read aphix as null.

What is unusual about a player's first productive post lacking conviction? It came across to me as making an attempt to contribute what he could, but not being certain due to the lack of depth of his knowledge of the game so far... if you get what I mean.

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 529, Shinobi wrote:
The people throwing Klingon onto their not lynch lists need to pull their heads out of their asses. Same thing with Nacho.
Seriously, has
anyone
sat down and realized that Nacho has done diddly squat and still manages to get higher up on people's not-lynch lists? It blows my fucking mind.

Not lynching Today =/= townread. You shoudln't misinterpret nor misrepresent me.
As for Nacho. There's too little time for that wagon Today.
By the way, who are your townreads?

In post 530, aphix wrote:Prod Dodge
Want to mention, Ane's I'll hammer a third of the players base without notice is FUCKED. 1
Noone has still provided any suitable reasons for me being on their scum list.2 The fact that Klingon isn't being list and refused to actually open up a dialog with anyone is shit.3 Same with WBO's accusations with no supporting evidence or providing any actually solid opinion.4
WBO: Klingon hasn't repeated herself, she's continued to refuse posting content. If you think my shit is stupid, you are more a VI then I thought. I'll accept aggressive and dickish, but I am in complete control.5
Also, I really enjoy in a day in a half with me not posting everyone else decided not to post. Thanks Ane for convincing me to not post anymore.6

(1) Apart from the fact that I actually POSTED about it. Your answer is a blatant example for misrepresanting me. @Everyone: I'm here right now so that warning is not relevant anymore. (I was unsure whether I would have time to write anything useful today and Today.)
(2) Not true. I've posted plenty of things about you. Read back.
(3) It's strange because I've already managed to maintain a conversation with her.
(4) Yes, that concerns me too.
(5) WBO is VI but not because of not agreeing with you.
(6) And that was the most anti-town of your post. You act as if I were responsible for your bullshyt.
Enough.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Aphix

________

Post-edit.
Nacho, House, what the f-ck is going on?!
Nacho. Do you really want to start a new wagon about 1 day before Deadline without giving reasons for your scumread??! Also, why do you think Aphix is town? Why are you so sure that the Aphix/Kilngonette fight is a town-vs-town one?
Post-post edit, Nacho: have you checked the catch-up part in the same post too?
House,
why do you think Nacho is the best and the most viable wagon now?
post-post-edit: now you're not voting anyone. Why?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:19 am

Post by House »

In post 541, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 288, Aneninen wrote:House – probably town. Genuine scumhunting, good questions. Nothing scummy here.

WBO – lean scum. To tell the truth, his posts are so terrible that I strongly doubt any scum would write posts like these. But, (1) this doesn't rule out that he is scum and (2) his predecessor was a lurker who might have replaced out because of being a scum. If it weren't for the latest part I'd say unsorted but, because of the fact that he's a replacement, lean scum. At least.

Roselily – null. Lack of content.

Klingon – lean town or a shrewd scum. Most of her posts are very pro-town but there are some disturbing bits.

Shinobi – probably scum. No real scumhunting, dodging questions, and nothing which seems to be at least a bit of town.

Aphix – probably scum. It seems that everyone forgot their very-early intro. I still think they could be scums together and distancing from each other right now.

Evil Regals – probably town. I think I've seen this gameplay before. She was town there. She is town here.

Nacho – lean town. I'd really like to see more content. This read is mostly intuitional.

I take incredible problem for people who seem to spend a lot of time reading (and it seems Anen spent a lot of time reading with how long that catchup was) but can only produce surface conclusions. Here, his most sophisticated reasoning for a read after a two screen catchup is "I think WBO might be too scum to be scum". That's unacceptable.

I can follow the reasoning for your suspicion on Ane, but Luca not so much.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:22 am

Post by House »

In post 543, Aneninen wrote:post-post-edit: now you're not voting anyone. Why?

Settle your shorts, I'm not leaving today without a vote on something.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:24 am

Post by House »

I can support an aphix lynch.

VOTE: aphix

aphix is L-1

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:24 am

Post by House »

In post 540, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 538, House wrote:but I liked his reads list.

Did you read it at all?

How else would I have known he posted it?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 542, House wrote:hat is unusual about a player's first productive post lacking conviction? It came across to me as making an attempt to contribute what he could, but not being certain due to the lack of depth of his knowledge of the game so far... if you get what I mean.

This would make sense, except Luca has pretty strong conviction townreads on Evil Regals and Anen (the Anen one is especially important because Anen didn't come into the picture until late). He shows understanding of early game events because he talks about them, and he shows understanding of late game events because he has fully developed reads on people who didn't do anything until late game.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 546, House wrote:I can support an aphix lynch.

VOTE: aphix

aphix is L-1

Why?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”