Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Filtering out parts of the above post to which I could only respond "lol OK".

In post 1823, acryon wrote:Obviously no one is condemning anyone for acting town, but in the context of this game, you came in at a very convenient spot that allowed you avoid controversy and look really town.

So it's scummy to
replace in
? OK. What was I supposed to do, wait until the game went to night and then PM Baezu? Or claim not to notice that Belisarius was scum? Seriously, what's the alternative? I cannot believe that you think this is in any way something that makes me more likely to be scum than town (null, maybe, at worst).

I'll concede that it was unfair, and I didn't realize it was such a short actual time in between them.

So how does that affect your read? How important was this to your case? Any evidence that you're actually thinking critically about this?

I already explained the Titus situation above. In terms of scrambles, just a couple hours before your question he
said
he thought I was probably town. It doesn't take a genius to recognize what the answer to that question of yours was going to be, and what kind of effect it would create.

As pointed out here, I came into the game that evening skim-reading and wanting to talk about acryon. I hadn't been paying much attention to scrambles as I did skim through (he wasn't a player I was currently scumreading) so I missed the relevant post. I could have gone back to check what his most recent statement on you was but, given that I was busy with the aforementioned bunch of shit exploding in the thread, I found it quicker and easier to just ask him directly about it. Is "I was trying to set up an opportunity to disagree with scrambles (for a hypothetical benefit that isn't actually obvious to me anyway)" really a more likely explanation than "I didn't currently know what he thought of you and wanted to talk about you rather than continue to retread the Amy stuff with CKD et al"?

I knew I was making a case that may seem like a stretch to a lot of people, and when I have made similar cases in the past in other games, they similarly didn't gain traction. So I had an idea that it may be unpopular, but I believed in it all the same.

You've not responded to my pointing out that I gave you some of the benefit of the doubt on that case. Only responding to parts of things that people ask is becoming a habit, not just in this post but in the whole game.

You should know that weird != scummy.

And you should know that weird != not scummy. Weird = not with an immediately obvious explanation. Weird = mysterious. Something needing to be solved. Finding something weird is not the point at which one unvotes.

I'm sorry but that post is just another example that looks like a scum-team cooked it up in a lab to gain town-cred. It fits it perfectly.

Then why didn't you say as much in your case just now?

Also, I didn't want to have to do this now, as I'm obviously dying tonight now, but I think we are getting too far off, I'm
town doc

Not unvoting until we get a counterclaim, if there is one.

I am not the doc.
#greenshirtthursdays
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:03 am

Post by Green Crayons »

lol, scum claiming doc is autodeath at this point in the game, so unvote UNTIL there is a counterclaim

You're not helping yourself look good in this interaction with acryon, CDB.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:03 am

EBWOP

In post 1825, ChannelDelibird wrote:So how does that affect your read? How important was this to your case?
Any evidence that you're actually thinking critically about this?

I meant to remove the bolding before posting; don't think it's completely appropriate.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:04 am

In post 1826, Green Crayons wrote:lol, scum claiming doc is autodeath at this point in the game, so unvote UNTIL there is a counterclaim

You're not helping yourself look good in this interaction with acryon, CDB.

Fair point, I suppose. UNVOTE: acryon Just getting carried away with my top scum suspect making a ridiculous case on me.
#greenshirtthursdays
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:05 am

Post by Green Crayons »

That's fair.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:12 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1825, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 1823, acryon wrote:Obviously no one is condemning anyone for acting town, but in the context of this game, you came in at a very convenient spot that allowed you avoid controversy and look really town.

So it's scummy to
replace in
? OK. What was I supposed to do, wait until the game went to night and then PM Baezu? Or claim not to notice that Belisarius was scum? Seriously, what's the alternative? I cannot believe that you think this is in any way something that makes me more likely to be scum than town (null, maybe, at worst).

It is
always
about context. There are not
only
scummy actions and townie actions. There are null actions that lean one way or the other in the context of the game and the rest of the player's game. This is an example of that.

I'll concede that it was unfair, and I didn't realize it was such a short actual time in between them.

So how does that affect your read? How important was this to your case? Any evidence that you're actually thinking critically about this?

Not very important; if it were, I would have unvoted. I think the evidence is in my post, although obviously you disagree.

I already explained the Titus situation above. In terms of scrambles, just a couple hours before your question he
said
he thought I was probably town. It doesn't take a genius to recognize what the answer to that question of yours was going to be, and what kind of effect it would create.

As pointed out here, I came into the game that evening skim-reading and wanting to talk about acryon. I hadn't been paying much attention to scrambles as I did skim through (he wasn't a player I was currently scumreading) so I missed the relevant post. I could have gone back to check what his most recent statement on you was but, given that I was busy with the aforementioned bunch of shit exploding in the thread, I found it quicker and easier to just ask him directly about it. Is "I was trying to set up an opportunity to disagree with scrambles (for a hypothetical benefit that isn't actually obvious to me anyway)" really a more likely explanation than "I didn't currently know what he thought of you and wanted to talk about you rather than continue to retread the Amy stuff with CKD et al"?

Good excuse, but it's just that.

I knew I was making a case that may seem like a stretch to a lot of people, and when I have made similar cases in the past in other games, they similarly didn't gain traction. So I had an idea that it may be unpopular, but I believed in it all the same.

You've not responded to my pointing out that I gave you some of the benefit of the doubt on that case. Only responding to parts of things that people ask is becoming a habit, not just in this post but in the whole game.

You did give me some benefit of the doubt, but that doesn't destroy my claim.

You should know that weird != scummy.

And you should know that weird != not scummy. Weird = not with an immediately obvious explanation. Weird = mysterious. Something needing to be solved. Finding something weird is not the point at which one unvotes.

Certainly not, and it's also not a pillar of a case for someone being scum.

I'm sorry but that post is just another example that looks like a scum-team cooked it up in a lab to gain town-cred. It fits it perfectly.

Then why didn't you say as much in your case just now?

Did I need to? Some things are better left for you to explain. If I explain my views on every single thing you have done, you have time to prepare a perfect answer for all of them.

Also, UNVOTE: . I am far more interested in seeing where CDB, Farside, and Titus, specifically, go from here now that I have claimed, than in pushing a CDB wagon.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:16 am

In post 1830, acryon wrote:
In post 1825, ChannelDelibird wrote:Then why didn't you say as much in your case just now?

Did I need to? Some things are better left for you to explain. If I explain my views on every single thing you have done, you have time to prepare a perfect answer for all of them.

I'm sorry, this just doesn't make any sense. I'm not likely to explain something that nobody mentions. If you thought a post was good evidence making me more likely to be scum than town, you should have included it in what was clearly supposed to be a pretty exhaustive list of the reasons why I might be scum.

If you actually are the doctor then, just... man. I really, really, really, really, really don't understand how you have ended up believing all the things that you claim to have believed in this game.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:20 am

As to where I go next, assuming there's no counterclaim (God, please, somebody counterclaim), it's kind of a toss-up between CKD and Amy, as I've previously indicated. I won't be voting for Titus, farside, Riddleton or GC. I'm not particularly enthused enough to really have a priority of one over the other but I guess CKD would probably be the first port of call.
#greenshirtthursdays
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:25 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1831, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 1830, acryon wrote:
In post 1825, ChannelDelibird wrote:Then why didn't you say as much in your case just now?

I'm sorry, this just doesn't make any sense. I'm not likely to explain something that nobody mentions. If you thought a post was good evidence making me more likely to be scum than town, you should have included it in what was clearly supposed to be a pretty exhaustive list of the reasons why I might be scum.

If you actually are the doctor then, just... man. I really, really, really, really, really don't understand how you have ended up believing all the things that you claim to have believed in this game.

Sometimes I get a feeling and I chase that feeling, even when it involves some far-fetched ideas. A lot of times it leads to scum, sometimes it doesn't. At best in this game, that is right 50% of the time if one of you/Titus are scum, so I'm the first to admit I'm certainly far from perfect. And in the context of the slot you replaced into making zero sense with almost everything he said, it's pretty easy to get down some rabbit holes in regards to a read on you. If I viewed you in a vacuum, I most likely wouldn't be coming to the conclusions I did, but with the context of chaos and everything else, it's where I'm at. I really wish I could just ignore it, but you get burned for lynching the newb-scum and you get burned for writing them off as scum, so at a certain point you have to decide in what way you're more comfortable burning. I truly wish you hadn't had to replace into such a controversial slot, as this would be a whole lot easier, but it is what it is.

And obviously, no one is going to counterclaim. I claimed when I did so we could have time to move on and actually narrow in on the scum, so let's do that.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:29 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@acryon:
do you think CKD, Amy, or farside should be removed from the lynch pool because you're strongly reading them as town?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:33 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1834, Green Crayons wrote:
@acryon:
do you think CKD, Amy, or farside should be removed from the lynch pool because you're strongly reading them as town?

CKD
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by farside22 »

I ended up with crazy life this week.
Just got a job offer! Woot!

Mod: I can either try to post this week (can't say how frequent) or you can replace me but consider me LA till Saturday 11/01

congratulations! And no worries. Post as much as you can
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:28 am

Post by Titus »

#1820 two final scums...

We lynching Acryon yet?

@GC what posts in 1824 do you want my thoughts on?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:30 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1837, Titus wrote:#1820 two final scums...

*Sigh* This was already explained. I obviously didn't and don't think you are both scum. For an experienced player, you sure are trying to cast suspicion on things that are entirely null like a newbie.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:36 am

Post by Titus »

Titus makes point on why Acryon or Scrambles is scum.

Acryon discredits.

Repeat until Titus lynches you both.

I can go with this plan.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:38 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1839, Titus wrote:Titus makes point on why Acryon or Scrambles is scum.

Acryon discredits.

Repeat until Titus lynches you both.

I can go with this plan.

Ok then. Let's make this more clear. You
really
think the fact that I included both you and CDB as scum options in my 1820 was me saying that I thought you two were both scum, and since that is impossible, it was a scum-slip? Are you
kidding
me? There's no way you're this bad.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:40 am

Titus, acryon has claimed doctor.
#greenshirtthursdays
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:41 am

Post by Titus »

So... why hasn't he stopped a kill?

Acryon, not claiming it's a slip but an act of self-preservation.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:42 am

Post by Titus »

Doctor plus Jailkeep really? OP circle. Just no.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:43 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1842, Titus wrote:So... why hasn't he stopped a kill?

Acryon, not claiming it's a slip but an act of self-preservation.

I obviously tried to stop a kill. First night, I thought CKD was the most vocal major townie, so I protected him. Night 2, CDB came in looking super townie(as I stated), and continued to be town-read by many(myself included). At the very least, I wanted his analysis and input around the next day. Night 3, I expected GC to be targeted for being pretty universally town-read.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:46 am

Post by Titus »

Funny, most would consider that I would be likely to be attacked if town given I essentially forced through a scrambles lynch. Yet you didn't consider scum attacking me. Sounds like you just made this up.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:47 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1845, Titus wrote:Funny, most would consider that I would be likely to be attacked if town given I essentially forced through a scrambles lynch. Yet you didn't consider scum attacking me. Sounds like you just made this up.

Because I thought you were scum... Why in the world would I protect someone who I thought was scum? :facepalm: You have to be kidding me with how bad you are playing right now.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:50 am

Post by Titus »

That is exactly what I would say to you.

You called my play yesterday was bad when it lead to lynching scum. After scrambles flip, we should have seen a reread in light of that. You kept on bc your reads are about lynchability.

You should have pucked CKD over Channel though.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:54 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1847, Titus wrote:That is exactly what I would say to you.

You called my play yesterday was bad when it lead to lynching scum. After scrambles flip, we should have seen a reread in light of that. You kept on bc your reads are about lynchability.

You should have pucked CKD over Channel though.

Obviously I did a re-read, but I still felt confident that you or CDB were scum, so I would never save either of you. And looking at who died last night, looks like neither of those saves would have done us any good either. And concerning your play, I have already stated that I still thought your case on scrambles was bad. It did end up working out for us, but that doesn't mean it was a good case. A bad case can end up having a good outcome. But even your play yesterday has nothing on what you have said in these last few posts.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:56 am

In post 1843, Titus wrote:Doctor plus Jailkeep really? OP circle. Just no.

the fuck? This is an open setup! Are you doubting that we have a doctor?
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Open Games”