Open 575: Friends & Enemies-Together At Last (OVER)

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:31 am

Post by Newbie »

Fair enough and good point. It doesn't make you town, though.

For me, it's between you and acryon.

unlynch: Wisdom

I want to see what acryon has to say.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:32 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1146, Wisdom wrote:The VD lynch sucked, nobody who was voting him ever gave any good reason for voting Victor. I hated it and wanted actual scum lynched.

This pings me a little because it's a pretty hyperbolic/sensationalist take on what actually happened (the 'sucky' lynch that flipped scum vs the 'actual scum' that is both unflipped and, as far as I can tell, you're not actually pushing anymore)
beefycheese
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:33 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 1149, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1145, Newbie wrote:I totally agree. There's valid reasons that can be made about Malakittens and Victor being a scum team. Only a Newbie/Victor scum team is possible, though.

With that said, I don't like the way that you and acryon avoided the VD lynch, even going as far as to throw out counter lynches.

I cringe every time you post something like this while ostensibly supporting a mala town read. I don't get your trajectory on her or why you keep bringing this up.

I'm just wondering why mathdino is accepting valid reasons for one but not the other.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Wisdom »

@bork I'm explaining my yesterday behavior, not my current one.

@Newbie I don't get it. Didn't you say you agree with the Mala case? Why is it between me and acryon?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:35 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1144, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Wisdom is 100% town. Stop.
Or try to lynch him. You'll see how much resistance you get.

Gamestate seems to be blowing that direction right now -- so if you have an actual pertinent point on that front (and these are few and far between in your ISO at large) now might be the time to make it
beefycheese
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 1153, Wisdom wrote:@bork I'm explaining my yesterday behavior, not my current one.

@Newbie I don't get it. Didn't you say you agree with the Mala case? Why is it between me and acryon?

I agreed with Malakitten's vote for you. You and acryon were resisting the VD lynch the most.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Wisdom »

And? Why can't both me and acryon be town? I don't get why you propose that there's a guaranteed scum in us two.

Did you consider Mala being scum?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:41 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1153, Wisdom wrote:@bork I'm explaining my yesterday behavior, not my current one.

I gathered that, it's just that even so, the verbiage you used is not the take I would have on the situation given what I know now, were I in your shoes.

This might be a dead-end point; I don't know that I can say this is alignment relevant.
beefycheese
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Wisdom »

I still think the Victor lynch was a stroke of luck, so meh
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:49 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

I can see that conclusion being arrived at due to the way the wagons were at the end of the day, but I also feel like that should temper any Mala scumread you have considering

1) I don't think it was a sure thing Vic was going through
2) I don't really think Mala was desperate for towncred at that point in the game

These are really the only reasons I think scum Mala might have hammered Vic and none of them really jibe with where I felt the game was on my readthrough.
beefycheese
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Mathdino »

You're committing the same fallacy as Constantine, Newbie. It's a common mistake coming to MS, thinking that wagon analysis consisting solely of on-the-wagon/off-the-wagon and # of scum on wagon is in any way a legitimate way to come up with lynch targets. Scum on this site bus each other to hell when it benefits them to do so, and a lot of times when it doesn't (people are weird).

Motivations of people for being on/off the wagon and sometimes order is all you can really look at. So have you considered the possible motivations of acryon and Wisdom for resisting the wagon? Is what they did
in
consistent with a town thought process? If not, then that's not a good main reason for them being scum.

Edit: bork articulates exactly what my 'ehhh' feeling was for the idea of Mala deciding to bus at that point.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Wisdom »

@bork

It wasn't, but Mala probably thought it was (see my conversation with Mathdino)
As for the cred, she wasn't in any need for it at the time, but if she thought a hammer is inevitable, better she hammers than someone else.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:03 am

Post by Newbie »

@ Wisdom, Yes. I considered Mala being scum, but like I said, just because you had a good point about not liking Riddleton's argument doesn't make you town. Weaknesses can be exploited in almost any argument, but doing so isn't always town motivation.

@mathdino I know people bus, but it doesn't mean that one of acryon or Wisdom wasn't trying to deplete the momentum of the VD lynch.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Riddleton »

In post 1158, Wisdom wrote:I still think the Victor lynch was a stroke of luck, so meh

Stroke of luck, really? :roll:

Why are you so apathetic to the fact we've lynched scum, still insisting my case was shit?

I think someone (wisdom?) already provided a mala case, but I've got one to show too later with extra reasoning.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Riddleton »

For what it's worth I think Wisom and Acryon are town. Unfortunately.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:07 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1162, Newbie wrote:@ Wisdom, Yes. I considered Mala being scum, but like I said, just because you had a good point about not liking Riddleton's argument doesn't make you town. Weaknesses can be exploited in almost any argument, but doing so isn't always town motivation.

I still don't get your stance in regards to Mala. Didn't you say you agree with (part of?) my case on her? Didn't you point out her contradictions yourself? Yet you look like you're townreading her and I don't understand. Can you explain your thoughts on Mala in full?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1162, Newbie wrote:@mathdino I know people bus, but it doesn't mean that one of acryon or Wisdom wasn't trying to deplete the momentum of the VD lynch.

It's one thing to explore that possibility and another thing to consider it a
given
that such a thing happened out of scum motivation.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:09 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1163, Riddleton wrote:Why are you so apathetic to the fact we've lynched scum, still insisting my case was shit?

Because it was? Everything in your case could be explained by town motivation too.

I can't say I'm not happy with one scum lynched, but it was just anticlimactic.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:10 am

Post by Riddleton »

In post 1141, Wisdom wrote:My posts are not spam. I gave many reads there.

Why do you want to lynch Constantine?

Right, but try and consolidate it. Having 35 posts in a row like that is more frustrating to read than the walls.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:11 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 1165, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1162, Newbie wrote:@ Wisdom, Yes. I considered Mala being scum, but like I said, just because you had a good point about not liking Riddleton's argument doesn't make you town. Weaknesses can be exploited in almost any argument, but doing so isn't always town motivation.

I still don't get your stance in regards to Mala. Didn't you say you agree with (part of?) my case on her? Didn't you point out her contradictions yourself? Yet you look like you're townreading her and I don't understand. Can you explain your thoughts on Mala in full?

I feel that one of you (leaning more towards you) or acryon are scum, and she has her vote on you.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:11 am

Post by Wisdom »

Well I hate walls, so I reply like that. It will prolly not happen again unless you post four more pages while I sleep.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:12 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1169, Newbie wrote:

I feel that one of you (leaning more towards you) or acryon are scum, and she has her vote on you.

And? That makes her town? What about the possibility you're wrong about both? What does that say about Mala?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:17 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 1171, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1169, Newbie wrote:

And? That makes her town? What about the possibility you're wrong about both? What does that say about Mala?

Um, well yes. If she was one of the first to bring up and lynch someone who I think is scum, then I'm leaning town on her at the moment, which could definitely change. And you're right. I could be wrong. Just like you could be wrong about Malakittens, just like everybody else could be wrong about the people they're voting.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:19 am

Post by Wisdom »

So tell me if I understand right; you thought that Mala attacking you for bussing while her own actions looked more like bussing was suspicious, but then her voting me changed your read on her?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:25 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 1173, Wisdom wrote:So tell me if I understand right; you thought that Mala attacking you for bussing while her own actions looked more like bussing was suspicious, but then her voting me changed your read on her?

Um, no. I'm still keeping the possibility that she can be scum. I'm not eliminating her.

Return to “Completed Open Games”