Open 575: Friends & Enemies-Together At Last (OVER)

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1209, Wisdom wrote:Will you explain what led to your scumreading me so confidently?

I already explained it, please read.
It was more of an associative tell with Victor than your play really.

In post 1249, Mathdino wrote:Rereading my post you quoted just made me realise I PoE'd more people than there are town. Maybe NM is scum after all. I do want to hear from Newbie, hopefully she won't get replaced. Also just checked and apparently Mala never explained her twilight read on her.

Yo Mala, even if it's no longer valid, what gave you the scumread on Newbie yesterday?

Was gut. I didn't like the way she was acting. Everyone's flipping out at me for hammering Victor felt off, mainly hers and Riddles. BMWS at least attempted to talk to me.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:25 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1250, Malakittens wrote:It was more of an associative tell with Victor than your play really.

You told Bork "Wisdom has been scummy all game".
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Are we really this oblivious?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:28 am

Post by Wisdom »

You can always explain your point
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:28 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1252, Not_Mafia wrote:Are we really this oblivious?

Come on man. You have posted half as many times as the next most inactive player, and the vast majority of your posts are one line with little-to-no real contribution. I respectfully ask that if you desire to be a part of this game, then you contribute like you actually are.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:30 am

Post by Mathdino »

>still more useful than Constantine

Just kidding.
UNVOTE: Riddleton
VOTE: Not_Mafia
For pressure.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1251, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1250, Malakittens wrote:It was more of an associative tell with Victor than your play really.

You told Bork "Wisdom has been scummy all game".

Because you were hard against the Vic wagon. You were trying to actually lynch new-town than actual scum and I hated that part of your play. The larger associative tell came later when I found the whole thing how Victor treats his scumbuddies in relation to town.

So yes as far as I'm concerned you and Riddle are most likely scum, hence, my lynchpool.

The amount of pointless questions that are coming here still don't make me feel better about your slot, tbh.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Malakittens »

Just leave N_M alone. It's not like we actually think he's scum or anything we are voting him for pressure because he hasn't been contributing. Let's get back to the issue at hand, thanks!

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:36 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1257, Malakittens wrote:Just leave N_M alone. It's not like we actually think he's scum or anything we are voting him for pressure because he hasn't been contributing. Let's get back to the issue at hand, thanks!

I mostly agree. I do think it is fine to push someone that isn't contributing at all, because not only are they useless to town, but their lack of content makes them hard to read if they are scum. That being said, I also think that we should keep discussion focused on scummy actions rather than players that aren't helping (which can be scummy, but certainly isn't always). But you shouldn't let N_M off the hook for not contributing.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:36 am

Post by Mathdino »

Malakittens
, still not quite sure what you mean by that. These are the 4 posts Newbie made before you said Newbie and Victor were a scumteam.
In post 912, Newbie wrote:Lol if Victor flips scum.

If he flips town, I'll admit that I was wrong and vote malakittens.
In post 925, Newbie wrote:Honestly, I think VD was willing to run up the time.
In post 928, Newbie wrote:No, but I'm just saying I think he was hoping people would continue to hold off and wait for his reads so he could "accidentally" be too late with them.

Not agreeing with what Malakittens did, though.
In post 930, Newbie wrote:Not necessarily. I think he would've stalled for as much as he could get away with and/or possibly came out with a scum read on Constantine, enabling him to jump on Constantine's lynch.

All I have to say is, things will be interesting once he flips (think it'll be scum).

I bolded the part where she commented on your hammer; if anything, I'm the one who flipped out and Newbie/Riddleton were the calmest. Can you explain a bit more?

Rhetorical question- How would you suggest we get NM to contribute? It's not like we're gonna use our votes for an actual lynch right now, might as well use our only tool for our advantage.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:45 am

Post by Malakittens »

Ugh whatever, I'm mixing up shit. Either way I can't really explain gut, but I had a jibe from her posts that didn't sit well with me. Just that at the same time she was attacking me for hammering Vic she couldn't actually make her up mind. Something was off, but I can't exactly pin point it hence why I didn't explain it at the time because I couldn't. I still can't.

Just leave him alone. He actually does this as town all the time and is more commonly mislynch bait. He does more effort as scum. Yes, I have meta'd him in the past and played with him to actually know that~

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:49 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1260, Malakittens wrote:Just leave him alone. He actually does this as town all the time and is more commonly mislynch bait. He does more effort as scum. Yes, I have meta'd him in the past and played with him to actually know that~

Sorry, but that's stupid. If you're going to play this game and you are town,
then contribute to the town.
Is it really so bad to expect that from someone? I don't think he is scum at this point, but lurkers are actively bad for town. Not only due to the lack of contribution to progress scum-hunting, but because (as you mentioned), they make good mislynch bait. So why would you be ok with that?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:10 am

Post by Wisdom »

Meh. Mala's posts actually feel town now.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:11 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

my lynchpool today is probably:

Riddle
Constantine
Wisdom

Would not surprise me if both scum were in there.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:14 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

The rest of my play today is probably going to try to come up with compelling reasons that two of them are town
beefycheese
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:23 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1262, Wisdom wrote:Meh. Mala's posts actually feel town now.

Aaaaand this fight ends in... A DRAW.

Thank god.

bork pretty much speaks my mind on this; I trust Mala on NM so my new scumteam calling is gonna be one of {Riddleton, Constantine} and one of {Newbie, bork, BMWS} although honestly the last 2 are on there only because they're my weakest townreads and I'm still not prepared to call bork's alignment. Since Newbie's basically there out of PoE and the fact that my reasons for originally townreading her were shoddy at best, thinking Imma leave her alone until we need to find the last scum.

UNVOTE: Not_Mafia
VOTE: Riddleton

Riddleton:
We're not PLing you, like I said; the fact that you originally made that mistake is now a complete non-issue to everyone. If you're town, you need to contribute to the game and give us your reads. A compelling case on Constantine would actually be enough for me to switch.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:40 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

If you all followed what I said in my posts you'd understand
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:44 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 1260, Malakittens wrote:Ugh whatever, I'm mixing up shit. Either way I can't really explain gut, but I had a jibe from her posts that didn't sit well with me. Just that at the same time she was attacking me for hammering Vic she couldn't actually make her up mind. Something was off, but I can't exactly pin point it hence why I didn't explain it at the time because I couldn't. I still can't.

Could you point out what I couldn't make up my mind about exactly?

Also, going back to

Vote: Wisdom
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:46 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1267, Newbie wrote:Also, going back to

You indicated that you unvoted to hear what I had to say. I assume you have some comments on what you did/didn't like about what I had to say for the vote to come back?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I doubt Riddleton is scum, I don't recall him taking any opportunity to hop off Victor. Day 1 lynches are bad for scum even if they hard bus as the "why aren't you dead? " question willl bite them in the arse eventually
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 1268, acryon wrote:
In post 1267, Newbie wrote:Also, going back to

You indicated that you unvoted to hear what I had to say. I assume you have some comments on what you did/didn't like about what I had to say for the vote to come back?

Yep. Straightforwardly, I like this post.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:52 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1269, Not_Mafia wrote:I doubt Riddleton is scum, I don't recall him taking any opportunity to hop off Victor. Day 1 lynches are bad for scum even if they hard bus as the "why aren't you dead? " question willl bite them in the arse eventually

If he's scum he was committed to that bus from the moment he replaced in, so I don't think that was gonna happen here.
beefycheese
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Wisdom »

Newbie, your opinion on Riddle?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Mathdino »

Spoiler: I literally did this just for mockery: NM's Entire ISO
In post 61, Not_Mafia wrote:I missed RVS :(

The way Wgeurts has handled his "lol slayers" thing seems townish to me, it usually really easy to catch newb scum who dig themselves a hole cos they don't understand (how to bejave as scum in) RVS. They'll typically trot out the slayers defence after they've exhausted the "RVS sucks I'm town" line, his super early capitualtion makes me lean town.
wgeurts suspicion and reasons.
In post 72, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 67, VictorDeAngelo wrote:EBWODP: Missed a bit

In post 59, Mathdino wrote:

VOTE: VictorDeAngelo (not a test)

Edit: Written before #55.

Why is it important to note the vote is not a test?

Why is important that you wrote your post before ?

You don't think players should claim serious votes as such? What are you trying to achieve questioning that?
Victor counterquestions.
In post 206, Not_Mafia wrote:Sorry for low activity everyone, I haven't read since my last post due to time constraints but I should be able to catch up this evening.
Prod dodge.
In post 274, Not_Mafia wrote:I've only skimmed but I agree with Mala, and trust her ability to read town flail

@Mod V/LA until 23/10

I won't be replacing out, just need to wait for things to calm down a bit (good things)
V/LA.
In post 572, Not_Mafia wrote:Okay so I'm going to start catching up, should be able to get through about half a dozen pages or so. My first is question is wtf is this @ the above 3 posts
Catching up.
In post 573, Not_Mafia wrote:Got to page 9, if wgeurts is faking a newb town it's a persona he's carried to the whole site, which I seriously doubt.

VOTE: VictorDeAngelo
Still catching up. Votes Victor while catching up.
In post 575, Not_Mafia wrote:
@Mod The formatting issue in 521 is caused by having a spoiler tag in a quote? Could you fix this?

~mod note:what was once brokt is now fixt. What was once a double post is now a single post.
Mod note.
Prod dodge.
In post 725, Not_Mafia wrote:Busy until deadline, will try my hardest to catch up in the night, It sucks to push someone on V/LA but at the same time we can't not lynch someone because of V/LA and if the wagon dismantles it might become non-viable as we approach deadline.
Catching up.
In post 832, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 825, Newbie wrote:I'd be willing to lynch either Victor or Riddleton.
Question answer, no reasons.
In post 839, Not_Mafia wrote:Riddle slipped?
"Wat?"
In post 1089, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Wisdom

Mala push sucks
Naked vote.
In post 1108, Not_Mafia wrote:But you're fine doing pre-flip associative?
Pointless question.
In post 1127, Not_Mafia wrote:Can we just speedlynch Wisdom, his 'case' on Mala is that she hammered a read a he wasn't confident in and drenched it in pointless spam to demoralise town and make it look he is making an effort and being productive. He's also perfectly content to pointlessly tunnel when it benefits him but this confidence dissipates as soon it might come back to him

In post 1107, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1103, Mathdino wrote:If Mala gets lynched and flips town, who will you vote tomorrow?

I can't answer such hypotheticals. If such a thing happens, ask me then.

This post is also nonsense, if he's said something along the lines of "I'm confident enough in my reads that I need to yet" not "I can't" which is just an excuse to not get off of this tunnel
Aha, okay, so here are his reasons for voting Wisdom. Basically voting him because he's wrong, but it's still...
In post 1210, Not_Mafia wrote:Reading back my post on Wisdom sucked, he's still scum though, and if you read back d1 twilight it should be obvious why
...never mind, it sucked.
In post 1212, Not_Mafia wrote:No. And we both know why, it's just a matter of time for others to realise it.
Oooominooouuuuussssss
In post 1214, Not_Mafia wrote:That's not relevant
Yes it is.
Yes.
In post 1219, Not_Mafia wrote:Cool
No it's not.
In post 1252, Not_Mafia wrote:Are we really this oblivious?
Yes we are.
In post 1266, Not_Mafia wrote:If you all followed what I said in my posts you'd understand
OHHHHH NOW I GET IT. I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND YOU, MAN.

8 posts about activity and catching up. 2 good pointed posts toward Victor and wgeurts. 1 question answer by way of sheeping. 10 posts about Wisdom that don't explain anything at all.
You've gotta be kidding me, man.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1269, Not_Mafia wrote:I doubt Riddleton is scum, I don't recall him taking any opportunity to hop off Victor. Day 1 lynches are bad for scum even if they hard bus as the "why aren't you dead? " question willl bite them in the arse eventually

Oh, and this.

It's called bussing for cred, he just didn't do it well.

"Why aren't you dead" is among the worst mafia questions ever asked in late game.
cough wifom cough

Return to “Completed Open Games”