CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:14 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

For me the question is whether Toasty was bussing Salamance or whether Salamance was bussing Pere.

I was initially thinking Toasty because his post-deadline post ("maybe CTD is scum independently from Iece after all!", paraphrased) looked phony as hell, but I took another glance at his ISO and his push against Sal was a lot more forceful than I remembered it. I also know that Sal is prone to "unorthodox" scum play, so him bussing his only partner is more palatable IMO than Toasty doing the same. I'll have to reread in context though to see how likely Sal was to get lynched when Toasty made his push.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Could you quote what post you are referring to when I said "maybe CTD is scum independently..."?

I don't think I ever said that, but given the potential of 1 scum, I don't know what is wrong about saying that.
And what is "phony" about the post?

Are you suggesting my not knowing deadline had been reached is fake? If so why, and what makes it different from Xayzeck's?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Aries' Daily Horoscope:
Emotions may cloud your thoughts as things start to heat up in a heavy way, Aries. In an effort to keep things light and energetic, you may be missing the core of the situation. Don't glance too quickly over all the issues. The answer to the riddle is right there in front of you. Stop for a minute to catch your breath and you will find the solutions that you seek.

Aquarius' Daily Horoscope:
You may have the perfect plan all laid out, Aquarius. You've communicated to the right people, you've traveled to the appropriate spots to gather data, and you have all your resources in line. For some reason, however, every time you start to implement this plan, you run into emotional difficulties that seem too challenging to surmount. Don't let this block you from your dreams.

Scorpio's Daily Horoscope:
As you take another step upward today, Scorpio, you may realize that there's a large part of the mountain you hadn't accounted for before. Perhaps this steep portion of the climb wasn't visible from below when you started the trip. Don't panic. By overreacting to the unknown, you may lose your balance and go sliding down the face of the mountain. Collect yourself, rest, and plan your strategy one step at a time.

Vote Count 5 - 1

• Not Voting (3) (♒ PeregrineV - ♈ ToastyToast - ♏ CrashTextDummie)

With three alive, it takes two to lynch.
Current Deadline:
(expired on 2014-11-06 17:30:00)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:50 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Prodding Pere
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:01 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 978, RedCoyote wrote:
Prodding Pere

Received. back later
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

From Sala's posts

Has a other than an RVS vote for the slot.

Same , whom he also calls scum with me (). Wants the wagon (). is something, but don't think it's relevant.

Hard to picture Toasty as scum with Sal

---- Toasty votes Sal who calls me scum (for vote-hopping onto toasty?) but then is calling Toasty scum with me.

Toasty ISO re Sala

Not going to list them all, but pushing Sal through most of ISO. If they are only two scum, then doesn't make sense for them to go after each other in the way they did.

CTD stuff later.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Prodding CTD
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Considering just voting now, because we're delaying things and not introducing any new content.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:16 pm

In post 976, ToastyToast wrote:Could you quote what post you are referring to when I said "maybe CTD is scum independently..."?

I don't think I ever said that, but given the potential of 1 scum, I don't know what is wrong about saying that.
And what is "phony" about the post?

Are you suggesting my not knowing deadline had been reached is fake? If so why, and what makes it different from Xayzeck's?

I was paraphrasing this post which came after two days of you pushing me and Iece as a scum team.

I don't have a problem in general with wanting to read back before hammering, but the thing you wanted to read back for ("those two using [your] read to their advantage") reads as awfully one dimensional thinking for a town player in my opinion. My vote on Iece certainly burried your CTD/Iece scum pair theory, and given that neither PV nor I would have voted a scumbuddy freely that close to deadline, the only way Iece could have still been scum from your PoV would have been if he was buddies with Xayzeck OR if he was lone scum. But you went to neither of those places. You just wanted to make sure CTD/PV weren't the scum team after all. That's why I find that post phony.

As an aside, your talk of "potential for one scum" is also rather hypocritical after you've steadfastly pushed me as part of a pair while simultaneously refusing to engage me on the issue of number of scum.

I am not suggesting that you missing deadline is scummy seeing as two proven townies managed the same. What I will freely admit is that my care level for this game is at an all-time low after I've literally pulled myself up from the sickbed in order to not screw over this game and its players at yesterday's deadline and three players still allowed no-lynch to happen.

That said, the deadlines in this game really are surprisingly low (we're at 1 day left) and I'm pretty sure I'm pretty close to just voting someone and be done with it myself.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:21 pm

vote: Pere
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Aries' Daily Horoscope:
It's very possible that you will want to take a step back today in order to take a closer look at your relationships. Your address book is full of names. Your phone rings off the hook. You receive tons of texts and emails every day. Yet isn't it funny that you feel alone? It's time to get rid of the superficial relationships and concentrate on those that really mean something to you

Aquarius' Daily Horoscope:
You may have doubts over the next few days, Aquarius. Don't make any important decisions about your future during this relatively unproductive period. If someone in your professional or personal life asks you to make more of a commitment, you may be tempted to put on the brakes without really knowing why. Wait a while before answering this kind of question.

Scorpio's Daily Horoscope:
Scorpio, you hide your emotional needs from others. You need to be able to trust someone in order to share your feeling. They have to guess at your deepest secrets. Today you could save a lot of time in your love life if you just tell your partner what you want out of your relationship or even what you'd like to change about it. Talk about it. Your partner is listening.

Vote Count 5 - 2

• PeregrineV (1) (♏ CrashTextDummie)

Not Voting (2) (♒ PeregrineV - ♈ ToastyToast -
    ♏ CrashTextDummie
    )

With three alive, it takes two to lynch.
Current Deadline:
(expired on 2014-11-06 17:30:00)
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

vote: PeregrineV

If i lose this for town, I'm sorry. I just think its more likely...

I swear if its CTD tho I'm going to be real mad.

CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:54 pm

I guess I chose unwisely.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

No. You're either scum or we won. I was considering voting PV for a while, you just did it first. No point in delaying it if I don't see myself changing my mind.

CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:16 pm

Then I guess we won. ;)
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:17 am

Plot twist: Pere drew no-flip and we're never going to find out who won.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

♒ PeregrineV,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched on D5.

Final Day 5 Vote Count

• PeregrineV (2) (♏ CrashTextDummie - ♈ ToastyToast)

Not Voting (1) (♒ PeregrineV -
    ♈ ToastyToast
    )

A win condition has been met!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

♈ ToastyToast,
Townie
, survives!

♏ CrashTextDummie,
Townie
, survives!

TOWN WINS!

Dead Private Topic
Dead Scum Topic

The horoscopes are in the dead private topic, as mentioned in the game rules.

Let me start out by saying that this game was a bit of a mixed bag for the most part. I wasn't really bowled over by either side for a while. The town started off strong, but collectively seemed to get worse over the course of the game. That said, perhaps the ends justifies the means. For the longest, it seemed like Toasty and Iecirint would fight each other to the death... then cooler heads started to prevail and things fell more into place over time. I still haven't heard from Nacho since the modkill. I felt kind of bad about that, as I touched in the private topic, because his death was so sudden. I was kind of turned off by how the town let this game just stagnate, but, again, they won.

I can't shake the notion that had the scum team given this more effort, especially Sal, that the game would've been more interesting. Pere had some real solid moments, but he leaned too heavily on the active lurking. That said, he made it to a 3-person lylo after his partner died on D1, so that's got to say something. He's certainly the scum MVP. As for the town, I think the clear MVP is Toasty. Rough around the edges, but he was onto both of the scum this game.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 990, CrashTextDummie wrote:Plot twist: Pere drew no-flip and we're never going to find out who won.

BTW, he actually did get this horoscope, but I didn't want to waste everyone's time with this given that there were no more scum left. Win condition > horoscopes.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I was only focusing on Toasty because Peregrine was lurking.

Gg.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 994, Iecerint wrote:I was only focusing on Toasty because Peregrine was lurking.

Gg.

same here. In fact, most of that day I was growing in suspicion of Peregrine. We went after one another because at least we had some information to go off of.

People getting away with lurking is such a problem these days, so I'm glad I was able to detach myself from the iece-ctd scum team. All the no lynches and Nacho's modkill made it difficult to get information, so I guess scumPeregrine was good at making sure he was giving the least. But if I'm being honest, a large reason why I chose to vote Peregrine is because I would have rather lost to scumCTD than scumPeregrine this game. But it worked so yay.

CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:31 pm

Thanks for the game! I think part of the reason why this game was so low energy has to do with there only being 1 scum for most of it. It's frustrating trying to look for connections when there aren't any and most people looked decently town. But yeah, I don't think anyone's going to be accused of being a try-hard off the back of this game.

I really liked the set-up and the theme, though I think it would have been better as an open. And while RC's modding was occasionally a bit sluggish, I really like the running commentary he did in the dead PT and wish more mods would show that kind of interest in their own games.

Kudos to Toasty for making the right decision in the end, as I was dreading any kind of endgame featuring Iece or Toasty town. Last time I was in that situation with both of them, they eventually correctly lynched me because I strongly defended my buddies (Iece apparently doesn't remember as he referenced the game but didn't recall any details, but it certainly remains in my memory ;) ). I was honestly surprised that my defense of Salamance wasn't really brought up until the last day at all, and even then only in passing.

I suppose there's humor in the fact that not only did three townies cause the D4 no-lynch, but that they were all thinking (to some extent) that they were in lylo. I really was pretty furious at the time, but I'm glad I decided to stick with it and not replace out.

Hope to see you all soon in another game. :)
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:55 pm

PV, you were a bit of a drag in-game, but reading your scum PT sure is fun! Why do I get the feeling you were more active there than here? :P

Sorry I couldn't be your traitor, I like things better when we're the same alignment. <3
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 996, CrashTextDummie wrote:I suppose there's humor in the fact that not only did three townies cause the D4 no-lynch, but that they were all thinking (to some extent) that they were in lylo. I really was pretty furious at the time, but I'm glad I decided to stick with it and not replace out.

omfg. That was terrifying. I was at work and assumed we had at least a day left.

I'm surprised you were right about the two scum though.

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

I enjoyed reading the scum thread as well (yay at not getting night killed because you thought I was a sure Iece vote <3; I was really suspicious when Xayzeck was killed over me).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”