Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:21 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 795, Albert B. Rampage wrote:The depth of my thinking is a little more advanced than "wgeurts thinks rm is scum and I think wgeurts is scum so rm is town". Look, I'll make it really simple for you. It's either you or rm today. Place your vote on rm or it's you that's getting lynched, and I'm still coming after rm and wgeurts. You're all scum together for all I care. Ever heard of distancing or bussing? Did the IC go over that with you in your newbie game?

Make your choice textcat, you place your vote or it's you.

Great bit of AtF here.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:The problem with wgeurts is that out of the 5 most likely scum, he's the most cooperative one willing to lynch the others. The others are wasting their vote or trying to get wgeurts lynched, which doesn't help us.

So we shouldn't lynch wgeurts because he is going after scum, giving him towncred if he makes it to Lylo/Mylo? I think the wgeurts abr scum team is looking good.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Mathdino »

If texcat is town and believes RM is town, that's not intentionally not helping.

If RM is town and believes texcat isn't the scummiest person, that's not intentionally not helping.

We don't need a lynch RIGHT NOW, ABR. I really do want to wait for WP's replacement so we can get a new voice here.

texcat, just to be clear, you're not intentionally not responding, right? Not sure if you left or not.

Edit: Lol at RM jumping on what I just said.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:25 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

randomidget is so scummy.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:26 am

It's like my gun is pointing at a hydra agent, and I can't shoot because S.H.I.E.L.D won't greenlight the kill. It's giving me anxiety.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:29 am

Post by Mathdino »

That... was an excellent metaphor. xD
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:34 am

Post by texcat »

I did get up to get ready for work and I need to go, but quickly. The sheeping has become a regular habit for RM. My vote is on Wguerts. I think I already said that I don't respond well to threats, so it's unlikely that I'll move my vote due to ABR's threats. My reads on droog, Math, and ABR? Droog is town. I was starting to lean town on ABR, but don't like the sudden eagerness to lynch or the threats. My lean on you would be town except for your blind spot concerning Wg. It seems that no matter what scummy thing he does, you're willing to come up with a reasonable explanation for it and write it off.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:38 am

Post by droog »

In post 800, Randomnamechange wrote:Albert B. Rampage wrote:
The problem with wgeurts is that out of the 5 most likely scum, he's the most cooperative one willing to lynch the others. The others are wasting their vote or trying to get wgeurts lynched, which doesn't help us.

So we shouldn't lynch wgeurts because he is going after scum, giving him towncred if he makes it to Lylo/Mylo? I think the wgeurts abr scum team is looking good.

rampage please respond
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:39 am

Mathdino, can we switch to voting textcat now?

Droog, you quoted my own post.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:40 am

Post by droog »

the second part of midget's last post
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Mathdino »

Eh, I'd say if it's reasonable then it's no problem :P. If my explanations became unreasonable, that's when you tell me I'm being stupid.

So hang on a second, you're not willing to change your vote to a scumread that you
just called out
because someone told you to? Contrarian much? Vote your suspects and tell people you'll vote independent of them if you want to be all indignant.

Edit: Pretty sure 802 was ABR's response.

Edit2: You know what, sure. RM gets closer to a lynch and I'm cool with day ending though, we're going with that.

UNVOTE: randomidget
VOTE: texcat
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:41 am

Post by Mathdino »

*"
If
RM gets closer to a lynch and I'm cool with the day ending [...]"

droog, thoughts on texcat in last page?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:41 am

rm took what mathdino said and ran with it, it's not believable at all. His post is so short and the theory is so blatantly ripped off that he doesn't even care about getting out of this lynch anymore. He's demoralized.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:42 am

Post by droog »

In post 800, Randomnamechange wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:The problem with wgeurts is that out of the 5 most likely scum, he's the most cooperative one willing to lynch the others. The others are wasting their vote or trying to get wgeurts lynched, which doesn't help us.

please explain why wgeurts is not a good lynch
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:42 am

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:43 am

droog, join us.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:43 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 811, Albert B. Rampage wrote:rm took what mathdino said and ran with it, it's not believable at all. His post is so short and the theory is so blatantly ripped off that he doesn't even care about getting out of this lynch anymore. He's demoralized.

I have an answer for myself, but why is this demoralised scum and not demoralised town?
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:47 am

Post by droog »

In post 810, Mathdino wrote:droog, thoughts on texcat in last page?

he's way out of sync with town's cadence
his posts are non-sequiturs and off-pitch

normally this belies scum failing to fit in
but he hasnt said anything id put scum motive on

scum leaning null
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:51 am

Post by droog »

@rampage;

explain
verb
make (an idea, situation, or problem) clear to someone by describing it in more detail or revealing relevant facts or ideas.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:51 am

Post by Mathdino »

Jump on the wagon
and see the magic happen
the more votes we're addin
the greater the reaction.

But seriously, join the wagon for now. We're not gonna speedlynch her, don't worry.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:01 am

Post by droog »

give me a reason
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Mathdino »

Have you noticed that texcat is fine when no one notices her and is scummier when people are voting/arguing with her?

Yeah.

That's why I hopped.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:45 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 809, Mathdino wrote:Eh, I'd say if it's reasonable then it's no problem :P. If my explanations became unreasonable, that's when you tell me I'm being stupid.

So hang on a second, you're not willing to change your vote to a scumread that you
just called out
because someone told you to? Contrarian much? Vote your suspects and tell people you'll vote independent of them if you want to be all indignant.

Edit: Pretty sure 802 was ABR's response.

Edit2: You know what, sure. RM gets closer to a lynch and I'm cool with day ending though, we're going with that.

I don't think Texcat is guilty of the contradiction you're accusing her of. She calls RM out on sheeping, but in her previous posts we see her changing her read on RM to town because of wgeurts' attacks on RM.

Is it a good reason to think RM is town? No, but I think she now thinks that RM is probably town, and isn't letting ABR pressure her into switching her vote from a scumread to a townread.

Texcat has bad reasons for thinking RM is town, but I don't think that makes her scum. I still think randomidget is scum, and I don't want the scum to take advantage of a pressure wagon on Texcat to try and derail the wagon on RM.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:53 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 805, texcat wrote:The sheeping has become a regular habit for RM. My vote is on Wguerts. I think I already said that I don't respond well to threats, so it's unlikely that I'll move my vote due to ABR's threats.

You don't find this passage terrible? "Uh, so RM is being really bad there, but I'm still tunneling wgeurts and won't consider RM because that's who wgeurts and ABR want to lynch."

Every single one of texcat's scummier posts were reactions. We have time to get reads, Alchemist (ofc, guessing ABR flat out wants a lynch
but screw him, amirite
).

RM is still most likely going to be today's lynch. But this is called using the day to the best of our ability before ABR speedlynches someone.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:49 am

Post by Riddleton »

So confirmed RM + texcat scumteam. OK.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Texcat

Happy with the lynch of either.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:22 am

Post by Mathdino »

Not a bad call, Riddleton. Certainly consistent. All game they've been fairly slippery when it comes to talking about each other. Observe:
In post 653, Randomnamechange wrote:I have weak scum reads on alchemist and Albert, and coupd see texcat being scum.
Includes texcat in scumreads, doesn't mention her at in any other fashion.

Spoiler: RM and texcat mentions of each other
In post 715, texcat wrote:
wgeurts wrote:Mmm, a possible RM-Textcat (plus some third) could be possible as scum, they've ignored each other all game if you iso them both together. Textcat and RM answer my questions from before and add your thoughts on each other.

Quit lying and quit lumping me together with scum. First you were doing it with Slimer and now with RM. JUST QUIT. I have given my thoughts on RM more than once. I have said that he is my second candidate for scum, right behind Slimer. I have not ignored him. Why are you lying? And not just about me; your lies regarding RM were fairly egregious as well. Why do you seem so eager for a lynch? And why so eager for claims?
[...]
And I have to say that I am rethinking my position on RM. Alone he still looks scummy, but wguerts pushing him so hard just makes me think RM might be town.
Original blow up at wgeurts. Tells wgeurts to quit lumping him with scum, saying she's talked about RM multiple times before, followed by slamming wgeurts for 'lies regarding RM' and using wgeurts as an excuse to be one of the few people in this game townreading RM. Let's see where she talked about RM before.

In post 593, texcat wrote:Riddleton's case was a good early case on RM. Although, I confess that it looks much better than it originally did, due to RM's lurking and dodging. As I already said, RM is second on my scum list behind Slimer, and followed by WP.
RM is 2nd on her scum list, consistent. Let's look at what she already said.

In post 561, texcat wrote:I think it's a better case. I think it's possible, if unlikely, that RM is clueless town. Slimer seems more deliberate in his actions.
Says the slimer case is superior to the RM case. In essence, scumreads texcat but handwaves in favour of slimer. And back to the beginning with the first mention of RM...

In post 557, texcat wrote:In other news, I can see the reasons for the push on RM. And has he gotten quieter since he started getting more suspicions? I think Slimer is a better candidate though. Witness is on my FOS list. I'd like to hear more from him. For some reason this post stood out to me, [WP quote and analysis].
Understands the RM wagon, puts suspicion on him, but then analyses slimer's ISO and WP's posts.

In post 749, Randomnamechange wrote:Texcat null-leaning scum - I am starting to get thebfeeling this ia maufactured. If he is scum I wouln't be surprised if someone voting him is scum.
And for bonus points, RM 'starting to get the feeling' that texcat may be scum, but still pretty much ignoring her.

Oh, yeah, and I forgot to add this to the quote list:
In a response to my asking for input on texcat's blowup, randomidget wrote:I'm treating it as null as it looks town but could fairly easily be fake.

What do we learn?

They've been deflecting very basic suspicion onto each other for most of D2, but at almost no point were they real lynch candidates for each other. RM pretty much ignores texcat and doles out nullreads and scumreads without analysis. Texcat claims she's discussed RM multiple times, but every point where she apparently pointed out that he was her "2nd lynch candidate" she immediately proceeded to ignore that and make a case on slimer. Also seems to be retconning her own thoughts, as she had not actually 'already said' he was her 2nd lynch candidate when she said that in 593.

Basically, it's hard to get them to talk about each other. ABR tried. texcat came up with a lame contrarian excuse. They give unfounded reads for each other which are usually fairly wishy-washy and seem like they can pretty much change at any point. Compare: which is more likely to believably shift, texcat's read on wgeurts, or texcat's read on randomidget?

I think Riddleton is probably right.

Return to “Completed Open Games”