Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:09 am

Post by Empking »

Happy Birthday

Flubbernugget (3) - Copper223, mykonian, Dessew
Mykonian (1) - Whatisswag
Dessew (1) - Anatole Kuragin
Natirasha (1) - Natirasha

Not Voting: FourTrouble, JKLM, comradekafka, Major Minor, Boonskiies, Flubbernugget, CultivationTheory
(expired on 2014-11-16 18:46:26)
Prods given
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:15 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 95, CultivationTheory wrote:I'm just popping in with what little reads I've developed so far.

I see nothing bad in Copper and Mykonian's interaction earlier. They both seemed to want to get more information out and develop reads. Town points for both of them.

Flubber is looking more scummy than anyone at the moment, but it's too early for me to feel confident in that read, and I don't like that Myko seems so sure about it right now.

Playing mafia is like... swimming in a pool. You stand there in your speedo thinking "this water is going to be cold". brr. Already cooling down yourself there. If you dip your foot in, the water really isn't going to get warmer, and indeed, the water is cold. So you stand there. Are you going to use the ladder? Water gets to your calves. Cold cold cold. Up to your tighs. aaaah! Your torso is even warmer so dipping so far is cold again. The trick is to dive in. Your body will have to get used to the temperature anyway, no use in focussing on every single part doing it.

So what are you doing on that ladder anyway.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:38 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Because if everyone was playing like you are right now we'd be better off lynching via a rng.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by CultivationTheory »

In post 101, mykonian wrote:
In post 95, CultivationTheory wrote:I'm just popping in with what little reads I've developed so far.

I see nothing bad in Copper and Mykonian's interaction earlier. They both seemed to want to get more information out and develop reads. Town points for both of them.

Flubber is looking more scummy than anyone at the moment, but it's too early for me to feel confident in that read, and I don't like that Myko seems so sure about it right now.

Playing mafia is like... swimming in a pool. You stand there in your speedo thinking "this water is going to be cold". brr. Already cooling down yourself there. If you dip your foot in, the water really isn't going to get warmer, and indeed, the water is cold. So you stand there. Are you going to use the ladder? Water gets to your calves. Cold cold cold. Up to your tighs. aaaah! Your torso is even warmer so dipping so far is cold again. The trick is to dive in. Your body will have to get used to the temperature anyway, no use in focussing on every single part doing it.

So what are you doing on that ladder anyway.

That's a nice metaphor, but any sort of analysis, like a game of Mafia, relies on you keeping an open mind. Being so confident in what's basically a gut read at this point leads to tunneling, which is a bad thing. On top of that, the most likely explanation in my mind for someone being so confident in a read with this little content out there is because he's mafia, and therefore doesn't have to guess.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by copper223 »

I like that post CT, you and Dessew are easily my top townies for today. Still if myko is guilty of it so is Flubber, and he had an ulterior motive for calling me and Dessew town when he did.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 103, CultivationTheory wrote:That's a nice metaphor, but any sort of analysis, like a game of Mafia, relies on you keeping an open mind. Being so confident in what's basically a gut read at this point leads to tunneling, which is a bad thing. On top of that, the most likely explanation in my mind for someone being so confident in a read with this little content out there is because he's mafia, and therefore doesn't have to guess.

all you have to make sure is that you are tunneling on scum. I was voting copper, I'm not anymore. I don't think tunneling is the issue. Being decisive is.

I mean, this is ms, we are going to talk around for 7 days then the deadline comes close and we hope we end up on scum. Otherwise we get
nervous
. I'm bored of that. I see scum, I want him lynched, I'll tell you at any time of the day. You can wait a couple more days if you want.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I understand why people are voting Flubber. He always seems scummy, and I necessarily can't read him. That being said, I'm not going to vote Flubber because I can't read him. Not at this point of the game. We'd get absolutely no information either way. At this point I'd like to pursue some people who are currently voting Flubber. Unlike CT, I don't necessarily like what they are saying.

@Cultivation - what about Coppers and Myk do you find townie?

@Dessew - if you had to pick to change your vote to either Copper or Myko, who would it be?
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by CultivationTheory »

@Myko: Being definitive is one thing, being cocksure is another. It is good that you took your vote off Copper, but you don't get extra town points just for not being overtly scummy.

@Boon: All I said is that I find their early interaction townie in that both of them were trying to gain reads and get information out there, in contrast to some people scumreading one or the other over it at the time.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Who exactly do you find scummy then?
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:58 pm

Post by Dessew »

In post 106, Boonskiies wrote:I understand why people are voting Flubber. He always seems scummy, and I necessarily can't read him. That being said, I'm not going to vote Flubber because I can't read him. Not at this point of the game. We'd get absolutely no information either way. At this point I'd like to pursue some people who are currently voting Flubber. Unlike CT, I don't necessarily like what they are saying.
So you want to lynch later someone whom you cannot get information from? Do I get it corrcetly?

@Dessew - if you had to pick to change your vote to either Copper or Myko, who would it be?
Myko, obv. Copper towns hard.
In post 107, CultivationTheory wrote:@Myko: Being definitive is one thing, being cocksure is another. It is good that you took your vote off Copper, but you don't get extra town points just for not being overtly scummy.

Why should be concerned about
your
read on him?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:14 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 106, Boonskiies wrote:... I necessarily can't read him. That being said, I'm not going to vote Flubber because I can't read him. Not at this point of the game. We'd get absolutely no information either way. At this point I'd like to pursue some people who are currently voting Flubber.

Eww.

You can't read him, that prohibits you from voting him now (but that might change who knows???), you think information lynches are a thing, you want to vote people voting flubber because ???

There are so many things wrong with this post.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:39 pm

Post by copper223 »

Let's not forget asking which of us CT and Dessew found scummier, so he could make an informed decision about whom to build a counter wagon on.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:39 am

Post by mykonian »

or simply imply a limited choice if you want to go less evil mastermind more common scum.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:15 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm not voting anyone right now. It's way too early in the game for me to vote and be able to back my vote up. I'm trying hard not to be a village idiot this game, as that is my go to play style, and I usually use it as my defense for everything. Bare with me now.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Whatisswag
Whatisswag
Goon
Whatisswag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:13 am

Post by Whatisswag »

In post 83, copper223 wrote:@Flubber
why is your reaction once a wagon forms on you to town read everybody on it and to unvote?

This is exactly what I do as town.
In post 93, copper223 wrote:No surprise there, it would not be a hard task for scum to misslynch him if this is flubber's standard town play. Naked vote on a guy whose name he claim he doesn't remember, then when a wagon forms on him attempting to buy it off by giving town reads left and right, followed by removing his vote (I can still her the sound of the cave crashing). I don't have past experience with Flubber like you two nor do I think it's good to second guess yourself if you see someone playing scummy just because he looked scummy in the last game as well and he was town. Just do the guy a favour and lynch him, after the x-th mislynch as town I'm sure his game will improve.

Since you never played a game with him, how can you be so sure?
In post 103, CultivationTheory wrote: On top of that, the most likely explanation in my mind for someone being so confident in a read with this little content out there is because he's mafia, and therefore doesn't have to guess.

This is exactly what I am thinking.

For once, I am not gonna unvote my RVS vote, myko's argument has no sense.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:50 am

Post by copper223 »

@WIS

Really? Then you must consider yourself a paragon of scum when playing town then, if people started to vote for me I would ask myself: does their argument have merit, if not as Flubber is implying here, why are they voting for me? I would then use this to try and decide if it's a town or a mafia push or a mix and base my reads on that, I see none of that from Flubber; moreover it would never cross my mind to unvote someone, I vote people I think are scum and pressure others put on me is irrelevant unless it makes them even scummier, then I would vote for them, what is the town motivation for unvoting there? Other than what Flubber said about causality =/ correlation I don't see it and his reason is unverifiable. I don't need to have played with someone to tell you trying to buy yourself off of a lynch by giving surefire town reads, one of which I know to be true, is scummy.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:35 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 114, Whatisswag wrote:
In post 83, copper223 wrote:@Flubber
why is your reaction once a wagon forms on you to town read everybody on it and to unvote?

Then don't do it. When there's a wagon on you, you already know the alignment of one player taking part in the exchange while you're not the one producing actual content. If you couldn't act townie enough, at least grab that great opportunity to form valuable reads.

In post 93, copper223 wrote:No surprise there, it would not be a hard task for scum to misslynch him if this is flubber's standard town play. Naked vote on a guy whose name he claim he doesn't remember, then when a wagon forms on him attempting to buy it off by giving town reads left and right, followed by removing his vote (I can still her the sound of the cave crashing). I don't have past experience with Flubber like you two nor do I think it's good to second guess yourself if you see someone playing scummy just because he looked scummy in the last game as well and he was town. Just do the guy a favour and lynch him, after the x-th mislynch as town I'm sure his game will improve.

Since you never played a game with him, how can you be so sure?
I don't what you you don't see.

In post 103, CultivationTheory wrote: On top of that, the most likely explanation in my mind for someone being so confident in a read with this little content out there is because he's mafia, and therefore doesn't have to guess.

This is exactly what I am thinking.

For once, I am not gonna unvote my RVS vote, myko's argument has no sense.

Why are you calling it an RVS vote then?

I've got a good idea, I'll wait with it 'till everyone posted, though. Stay tuned!
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:18 am

Post by Natirasha »

Sorry 'bout that, folks. Internet went out over the weekend.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:22 am

Post by Natirasha »

In post 102, Flubbernugget wrote:Because if everyone was playing like you are right now we'd be better off lynching via a rng.

A fun fact is that most towns would do better lynching via rng than actually talking through it!
----
I'm not buying myko's claims, but his vindictiveness at the moment is fine.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:23 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 69, Flubbernugget wrote:Boonskiies softing a cc isn't hounding you so calm your tits.

Copper is town. Even if he is making massive contradictions they're all related to game theory which should be a null tell. Especially with a new guy.

Myko idk. Though I'd like to know why he thinks I'm scum.

The guy who I'm voting for who's name I can't remember and can't be assed to flip a page to remember is town.

UNVOTE:

Flubber, I have never seen you issue a list of reads this confidently on day one.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:36 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 119, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Flubber, I have never seen you issue a list of reads this confidently on day one.

I knew I liked you.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:55 am

Post by copper223 »

@AK
Any particular reason why you are still voting Dessew?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:00 am

because unvoting an RVS vote on someone who isn't going to be lynched is a waste of time
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:04 am

And I don't know if the world is yet ready for my grand flubber/swag/?? conspiracy
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:05 am

flubber/swag/nati maybe

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”