Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

If it is Amy, I'm going to be so annoyed for letting myself be talked out of it before.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Anyway, goodnight. Hope we win.
#greenshirtthursdays
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Post by Titus »

Amy is obvious town.

GC your analysis completely ignored riddleton.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:06 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Yeah I don't know why you think Riddle is a serious scum contender.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Riddleton »

In post 2073, ChannelDelibird wrote:Ah, fuck, CKD's right, I owe him enough credit as a player that he'd be voting for somebody right now if he were scum.

UNVOTE: CKD
VOTE: Amy

GC: Yup. I do not recall that discussion and I've just skimmed the first couple of pages of Today to see if I saw any such discussion and did not. I've been less thorough in some of my reading Today because of the low pressure of the current game state and my confidence in other reads (so I've seen conclusions of long posts and not engaged with them much beyond that because the conclusions are dumb, e.g. farside case). My engagement for the Day has been in the Day 1 reread, then the acryon stuff, which put me off as stated before when he claimed.

what are you doing? put your vote back on CKD. :neutral:
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by Riddleton »

In post 2071, Green Crayons wrote:Sigh.

After today, especially late game day, CKD looks pretty town. I guess his play today could be a gambit -- "let me throw myself upon the mercy of the town with plenty of LYNCH ME's" -- but I really don't think so. Couple that with
how
he went about not voting Beli (hard defense) and scrambles (actually appeared to inquire into the merits of a scrambles vote, even after scrambles was locked into the lynch via the most-votes-absent-majority rule), I think CKD is town.

I also think CDB looks lean town. Scum wouldn't bank on "forgetting" a pretty vital rule to excuse play. His reasons for unvoting CKD to vote Amy don't strike me as suspicious -- I myself have said that I have X-number of lynch candidates, and I don't particularly care what order they get lynched in. scrambles refusal to vote CDB is weird, and not something I'm just forgetting. But that alone isn't going to really do it for me.

why can't it be a gambit? He's the last scum at D4, things aren't looking good for him if he's scum. Some alternate angle has to be played today if he's scum to avoid the inevitable lynch on him.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by Riddleton »

In post 2077, Titus wrote:Amy is obvious town.

IO
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Riddleton »

*I want you to explain your stance on me. It seems to stem from a mistunderstanding regarding me 'sheeping you'?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2074, curiouskarmadog wrote:(put this in the gambit category)

as a appreciate this last minute wagon/save....

If Amy flips town....thinking about tomorrow pains me.

if she flips scum, then I have truly done jack shit in this game.

If amy is town I'd be shocked. I can't even think of someone else that could be scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2077, Titus wrote:Amy is obvious town.

Is this just VCA? If so I dont get it.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by acryon »

Maybe I can sneak in a post now before lock, but my point was never that CDB was trying to get us to no-lynch by switching his vote. He was trying to get us to lynch someone like farside. I already stated that I would have voted farside, so he puts all votes to 2, knowing that I could be the 3rd on farside meaning he gets the farside lynch tonight, and the CKD and Amy lynches other nights. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that and if you look back at the way he switched his vote and discussed, it seems painfully obvious. This is all I have time to say right now. CDB is scum. Good night all.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Yeah I didn't think he was trying to get us to no lynch, and I see what you're saying but I don't really think how he went about doing it matches up with how you're describing it.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by Riddleton »

:(

15 minutes. CKD is better. Amy is clearly town
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

why are you guys still discussing no lynches?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 4.07
(L-2)
Amy Farrah Fowler: (3) Farside22, Green Crayons, ChannelDelibird
Farside22: (1) Amy Farrah Fowler
Curiouskarmadog : (2) Titus, Riddleton
ChannelDelibird: (1) acryon

Not Voting: Curiouskarmadog

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-11-06 21:41:00)

Mod Notes:
Since no lynch was actually reached, the person with majority of votes is lynched. Amy Farrah Fowler has been lynched.
[/area]
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Post by Baezu »

You spend all day staring at that button. You feel it is the final piece to the puzzle. You're so close you can taste it. The answer has to be here - you only need to know where to look.

You've already been through the luggage cart and you've interviewed everyone aboard the train. You're running out of ideas and that thought sends chills down your back. How could you have hit a wall? you, who is so fond of mysteries?

As you're sitting in the dining car, caught up in your musings you notice that one of the passengers had not shown her face in some time. This has to be it! Your final perpetrator! Having felt so guilty about the crime, she is keeping herself quiet and out of the way - so that you would forget about her - so that she can murder again.

You break into her berth. She's sleeping. You immediately gag her and have her thrown off the train. Good riddance. The case is solved.

Or is it?

Searching her room, you find nothing to indicate any sort of involvement in the case. She was going to visit her niece, whom she hadn't seen in awhile - just a woman in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Amy Farrah Fowler has been lynched. She was
Vanilla Townie

Night 4 has begun. You have 48 hours to submit actions to me. The countdown timer is reflected in the last vote count.
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by Baezu »

i had an emergency out of town trip. I will start the next day asap
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:50 pm

Post by Baezu »

At this point in the trip, you're exhausted. There has been too much death and your nerves are shot.

You won't be able to handle another death...

But you know that one is probably coming. It has every night. You don't even want to close your eyes anymore in case that would actually prevent something...

You wake up the next morning to a wretched scene. One of the passengers has been dressed up in full doctor regalia and has been strung up like a puppet in the dining car. Someone must be mocking you and your patience is starting to wear very thin...

acryon has been killed. He was
Town Doctor

Day 5 begins
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:50 pm

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 5.00Not Voting: Riddleton, Curiouskarmadog , ChannelDelibird, Green Crayons, Titus, Farside22

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-11-25 17:49:00)

Mod Notes:
Sorry about that and thanks for your patience!
Last edited by Baezu on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by Riddleton »

Finally! :D

Anyway, we're lynching scum today, not obvious townies. Let;s go.

VOTE: CKD
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

VOTE: farside
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Justifications for a farside vote:

(1)
In post 1730, Green Crayons wrote:- I really don't like Beli's hard push against farside out of the gate. If that's all there was to the situation, then whatever, fine. But it was a hard push against someone attacking his scummate Blonde, on what farside hadn't exactly claimed was a basis to lynch Blonde, just a basis for an early D1 vote. It's just a very weird situation, and one that doesn't sit comfortably with me.

(2)
In post 1640, farside22 wrote:My vote on scramble is for 2 reasons, 1) no one else is voting acryon (2)deadline is coming up in a few hours and a no lynch is not helpful.

This comment is suspicious for two reasons.

(a)
In post 1757, Green Crayons wrote:farside, like myself, was under the misconception that a failure to get a majority at the time of the deadline would result in a no lynch. (CKD pointed out my misconception of the actual rule at the beginning of today.) Therefore, farside-scum would be under the impression that her vote would actually contribute to scrambles' lynch (it wouldn't, because scrambles already had the most votes on him, and it didn't look like CDB was going to be surpassing scrambles' vote count per ).

farside had adamently refused to vote Beli on D1 and D2 -- even though Beli had pursued farside with an unnatural conviction and self-cetainty, and with a case that farside has herself said was really bad -- and so has been lacking in town cred. One way to up her cred would be to join the wagon on the sinking ship of a scummate. Hence, the late vote on the scrambles wagon.

(b)
In post 1757, Green Crayons wrote:farside had commented extensively about her suspicions of scrambles. See: , , , , , , , and .

Despite this lengthy love affair with suspecting scrambles, farside failed to put a vote down on scrambles until the deadline was hours away.

But here's what really bothers me: in Post 1640, farside justifies her late-wagon vote on scrambles because nobody else would vote acryon, and the deadline was approaching. . . . Really, that's it? Absolutely
nothing
from the 8 posts where she voiced or agreed with scrambles suspicions contributed to her scrambles vote?

I was trying to think why a farside wouldn't at least point to her previous scrambles suspicions, regardless of farside's alignment. Then it hit me: farside had completely disowned her scrambles suspicions based solely off of scrambles' response under pressure (see and ).

I personally experienced a similar – but not identical – reaction. I also had doubts about my scrambles vote after scrambles' response, but was talking my way through it and actually revoted scrambles after he did another scummy thing. (Yes, I also then unvoted again, based off of perpetual self-doubt, but once again, I was open about trying to work through my stance.)

farside, however, did none of this. She was flirting with a scrambles vote, and then killed her scrambles suspicions completely in one fell swoop. It would look contradictory and messy if farside were to suddenly revive those suspicions hours before the deadline – a deadline farside thought meant would spell a no lynch if she didn't join the scrambles wagon. Scum don't want to look contradictory and messy. Hence, farside's avoidance of her previous scrambles suspicions when justifying her late-wagon scrambles vote makes her vote clean and simple -- but also artifically detatched from the actual history of the game. Thus, the basis for farside's vote on scrambles appears to originate from a scum alignment.

In post 1772, Green Crayons wrote:^^^ To further expound why farside-town
would
want to mention her previous suspicions of scrambles: farside thought that without a majority, there would be a no lynch. No lynches are obviously not good for the town. You would therefore want to persuade others to vote for the candidate you believe has the best chance to reach a majority vote hours before the deadline --
even if
you're simply attempting to avoid a no lynch. One way to help persuade others would be to mention all the suspicions you have previously posted about the player you think is best able to reach a majority vote.

farside didn't do that.

Even worse, CKD prompted her to mention all of her scrambles suspicions in this post, hours before the deadline:
In post 1636, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1626, farside22 wrote:Well my vote seems to go no where and the cbd "case" is pretty lacking.

Vote: scrambles
so why vote here?

was there a case you saw (ie didnt skim over) you thought was good?

farside posted again before the deadline (), but ignored this opportunity to help bolster a scrambles vote.

(3) She was actively lurking all of the last game day, popping in to
only
discredit my and Amy's suspicions of her.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Updated Vote Counts at Lynch:

In post 527, Baezu wrote:
Vote Count 1.14
Belisarius
: (4)
Amy Farrah Fowler
NakedJogger
scrambles
Skelda

Skelda
: (8) Curiouskarmadog , RoyalApe,
Belisarius
Dry-fit
, Chaoslord54,
acryon
TobyLoby
, Farside22
Chaoslord54: (1) Snugglyduckling
acryon
: (1) Ranon

Not Voting:

In post 880, Baezu wrote:
Vote Count 2.Final
Belisarius
: (7)
Amy Farrah Fowler
acryon
scrambles
, Riddleton,
TobyLoby
, ChannelDelibird, Titus
Curiouskarmadog : (1)
Belisarius

ChannelDelibird: (3) Farside22, Curiouskarmadog ,
NakedJogger

Not Voting: RoyalApe

In post 1643, Baezu wrote:
Vote Count 3.12Titus: (2)
acryon
scrambles

ChannelDelibird: (2) Curiouskarmadog ,
Amy Farrah Fowler

scrambles
: (6) Titus, Riddleton, ChannelDelibird, Green Crayons, Farside22,
Kalimar

Not Voting:

In post 2089, Baezu wrote:
Vote Count 4.07
Amy Farrah Fowler
: (3) Farside22, Green Crayons, ChannelDelibird
Farside22: (1)
Amy Farrah Fowler

Curiouskarmadog : (2) Titus, Riddleton
ChannelDelibird: (1)
acryon

Not Voting: Curiouskarmadog
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

It's CDB or farside. They are the only two potential bussers from the scrambles wagon.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by Riddleton »

No.

Return to “Completed Open Games”