Reck's Retrospective Rehash - OVER (thx obama)

50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:00 am

Post by 50 Shades of Purple »

In post 1395, Chevre wrote:UT: I don't have a problem with you now gurl. That's what I was trying to say. I guess if that is you and Kise's thing I just have a hard time processing it I spose.

50 Shades: this was the post I was thinking of. The "thoughts" on ooba and Shinobi in particular feel very loosey-goosey. It seems like they are truly thoughts for most of it and there's no indication as to what is scummy out of these interactions or not. Like obviously you have reads on UT, but what does that ooba paragraph even mean? You say he's acting differently from a game where he was scum, but you don't trust him, that's what I'm reading?

lemme see if I can make this more clear: I am unsure on ooba. I only have 1 completed game with him, he was scum, nero and I thought he was scum but I was nked night 1 so that isn't much to go on. he is quite different in this game in a way that I cannot I articulate except to say I find myself
liking
him in this game. <----- I mean is this something that you understand? cos I can't figure out a way to explain it to people and they keep stupidly lynching my townreads. I find myself wanting to pester him, work with him, pick his brain, mebbe do some light stalking and that feeling about a player usually comes when they are town. I felt it immediately, didn't trust it quite yet so I was like "hhhmm, lets see if this continues" and it did without missing a beat. so at this point he is a townread. it is how I read ut and I feel the same way about him. my paranoid moments cos I am not always sure if it cos I like as a
person
and it stems from self-doubt. I have the same trouble with glork and kise. especially kise. majiffy and I are USED to going after each other in games lol, but lately it has been easier to read each other but we have to give each other space first. but I personally adore majiffy I think he has gotten better about the veracity of his insults.

so the biggest thing that you are seeing is self-doubt and not trusting myself. my growth process on this site has been painfully slow like there are snails that are faster. but I have had a recent peptalk with myself after I reread the dance mechanic game in micros where I drove reck to premature balding and I am going to try to stick with my townreads until I have reason to not do it anymore. there something that I have been working on and I even have a spreadsheet on it where I am starting to think that a player's weakness can be found in their greatest strengths. interestingly enough I am studying and using ooba in this game as sort of a test subject with this along with some other players in other games so it will be interesting to see if I am right (and my ooba gut read tells me it is) then I will have a language and a way of scumhunting that will probably shift my play on this site into a quantum leap (finally). it will give me a concrete way to focus in games and hopefully cut back on the meltdowns.

so after obvtowning my slot up! do you know who I am mentioning a ton? oobaoobaooba. do you know who I want to stay away from? shinobi. like I get nothing from him. not even a blip. normally this would send alarm bells but I am wondering if it is just cos he is new and we just haven't clicked in a game yet. we have 1 completed game together but I got blindsighted by desp in that game early on and was completely thrown off balance and it pretty much handicapped me. so it is a vague feeling of uncertainty about him that I am going to need time to look into. I probably shld reread that game.

does this help in any way? cos if doesn't I am going to stop wall posting in games. what I find strange is that you pulled up a post from d1 w/o considering that my reads will morph with more info but I am wondering if this was just your way of trying to obtain more info yourself?
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
Bert: Home Depot sells beef jerky! Hot damn!
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:12 am

In post 1421, Kise wrote:Anybody wanna counterclaim VT?

this made me laugh

In post 1422, PeregrineV wrote:

Or my game.

flavour?
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Official Vote Count

PeregrineV
(7): Triforce, 50 Shades of Purple, ooba, Aegor, Untrod Tripod, ChannelDelibird, 4burner
Chevre
(3): Shinobi, Kise, Iecerint
Shinobi
(2): Chevre, BROseidon
4burner
(1): CrashTextDummie
Aegor
(1): Bella
ActionDan
(1): vezokpiraka
Untrod Tripod
(1): Riddleton

Not Voting
(5): Cabd, PeregrineV, ZZZX, ActionDan, jmj3000

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2014-11-18 18:00:00)
green shirt thursdays
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Iecerint »

ActionDaniel plz vote for Chevre even if you feel guilty because he is your scum-kouhai.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:53 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Had an early town read on Chevre, so not liking that vote.

Shinobi I haven't read yet but got it wrong last time.

New Vezok, when he's town, does more than this.

Vote: vezokpiraka
Last edited by xRECKONERx on Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:56 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1426, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:

this made me laugh

In post 1422, PeregrineV wrote:

Or my game.

flavour?

Seriously?
New York
135?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p3126800
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:56 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1429, PeregrineV wrote:Had an early town read on Chevre, so not liking that vote.

Vote: Vezok

I had an early town read on Chevre too FWIW.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:01 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1431, Iecerint wrote:
In post 1429, PeregrineV wrote:Had an early town read on Chevre, so not liking that vote.

Vote: Vezok

I had an early town read on Chevre too FWIW.

Yeah, but I probably tend to be wrong more often than you.

And looking back in ISO, I don't see what it was that caused that reaction (except maybe the "wguerts lynch is dumb" opinion) but would rather Vezok first.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:05 am

Post by pirate mollie »

were you given a role name? cos I did.
whew!
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:06 am

In post 1433, pirate mollie wrote:

pick up.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:16 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 1434, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:

pick up.

Er, mollie, that's presumably because your game is one with role names. There were no role names in NY135, being as it was a Large Normal.
#greenshirtthursdays
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:21 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1435, ChannelDelibird wrote:

pick up.

Er, mollie, that's presumably because your game is one with role names. There were no role names in NY135, being as it was a Large Normal.

:neutral:

all the roles that have flipped have name titles and that is what I am asking perv. hence the use of the term role NAME.
whew!
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:22 am

In post 1436, pirate mollie wrote:

pick up.

all the roles that have flipped have name titles and that is what I am asking perv. hence the use of the term role NAME.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:42 am

What answer could you possibly expect given his claimed game?
#greenshirtthursdays
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:45 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1437, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 1436, pirate mollie wrote:

pick up.

Exactly as listed in the "possible Role PMs" spoiler. It's the first one.

I was however, given the player who I am supposed to be. Not super relevant, but I kind of like the guy, so that was cool.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:51 am

a flavour claim like I asked?

don't you find it even
slightly
weird that he was the 1 who brought up flavour massclaims in the first place but is not revealing his own under pressure?

cos I find that weird.

you are voting him so I am wondering about the inability to track my thoughts here.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:54 am

Oh, do you mean you want to hear which specific player's VT his is? Because I thought you were asking for, e.g. 'Kate' like in wgeurts's role, which obviously wouldn't apply to a role from NY135. I wouldn't necessarily use the word 'flavour' to describe the player who had your role before, although I guess it's technically accurate.

My voting for him doesn't have anything to do with his claim (and, indeed, I might change it depending on how I feel after going over the last few pages, which I have been putting off all day because of stuff but will really actually be doing momentarily)
#greenshirtthursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

What flavor are you expecting, exactly?
Spoiler: Possible Role PMs
Town

You are a
vanilla townie!

You have no abilities. All you can do is talk and vote. You win when all threats to the town are dead.

Game thread is here: 12345

You are a
cop!

Each night, you may PM me the name of a player. You will receive a result on whether that player is "guilty" or "innocent". You win when all threats to the town are dead.

You are a
mason!

You know that (PLAYERNAMES) are innocent as well. You may talk in this QT at any time. You win when all threats to the town are dead.

You are a
Tree Stump!

At any point during the game, you may declare yourself a tree stump. In doing so, you will lose your vote, and you will also be unable to be killed by anybody. You will still have your voice. You win when all threats to the town are dead.

You are an
Innocent Child!

At any point during the game, you may PM me to request that I publicly declare you as town in the thread. You win when all threats to the town are dead.

You are a
#-shot Vigilante!

At night, you may PM me the name of a player to kill. Your gun only comes loaded with # bullets, though, so choose wisely. You win when all threats to the town are dead.

Mafia

You are a
Mafia Goon
!

Each night, you may work with your mafia teammates (PLAYERNAMES) to decide who to kill. During the day, you have your voice and your vote only. You win when mafia is equal in number to town, or nothing can prevent the same.

You are a
Mafia Tailor
!

Your teammates are (PLAYERNAMES). Each night, you may select a player. That player will have his alignment flipped if investigated by a cop that night (i.e., guilty shows up innocent, innocent shows up guilty). During the day, you have your voice and your vote only. You win when mafia is equal in number to town, or nothing can prevent the same.

You are a
Mafia Rolecop
!

Your teammates are (PLAYERNAMES). Each night, you may select a player, and you will find out their rolename. During the day, you have your voice and your vote only. You win when mafia is equal in number to town, or nothing can prevent the same.

You are a
Mafia #-shot Bookie
!

Your teammates are (PLAYERNAMES). Each night, you may select a player. If that player is lynched the next day, you may perform an extra kill in addition to your factional the following night. During the day, you have your voice and your vote only. You win when mafia is equal in number to town, or nothing can prevent the same.

You are a
Traitor
!

You know that (PLAYERNAMES) are the mafia, but they don't know you. You cannot be recruited to their cause. If a cop investigates you, you will show up as innocent. If mafia target you with a kill, you have a one-shot immunity. There may be more than one of you out there. During the day, you have your voice and your vote only. You win when mafia is equal in number to town, or nothing can prevent the same. If the rest of the non-traitor mafia is dead, you lose.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:12 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1440, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:a flavour claim like I asked?

don't you find it even
slightly
weird that he was the 1 who brought up flavour massclaims in the first place but is not revealing his own under pressure?

cos I find that weird.

you are voting him so I am wondering about the inability to track my thoughts here.

I think you might be confused.

In post 21, PeregrineV wrote:Do we game claim? Neither for or against at this point, but considering it is semi-open in that respect it may limit future fakelclaims.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:14 am

Post by ActionDan »

I'd feel guilty voting chevre because he's chevre
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Aegor »

I want to move off PV and onto AD or vezok.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 1406, ooba wrote:@Aegor: Explain. "Vibe from posting" is not acceptably specific.
It's not specific because it's just the feeling\intuition. Thoughts on wgeurts wagon, general posting style - little things that add up to that feeling.

:igmeou:
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:57 am

In post 1103, BROseidon wrote:It's really weird to me that so many people assumed that games with more PRs would be more likely to roll PRs than Reck rolling which games would get PRs before designing the setup around that.

Because that is 100% how I would do it if I were running something like this.

I'm tossing around my head the idea that scum would be more likely to pick up on something like this as part of a multi-post catch-up to look busy without actually addressing anything alignment-relevant and I'm kind of liking the theory. The rest of his catch-up is alright, I guess, in that he really does look busy, but my reading of BRO is a little put off by the fact that he seems to have come a long way since the last game that I can remember playing with him for any length of time (Harry Potter 1 mini).

--

Triforce townread solidifed here.

--

Why does 4burner call Cabd (who's in his "Scummish null" pile) the "townwagon to move the mislynch onto" here? I'm not really understanding the thinking that puts both 50 and Cabd into the same pile here if he finds 50's vote on cabd suspicious. 50's town anyway, for the record. He then corrects 50's place to "townish null" very quickly; seems like he's tying himself in knots.

--

In post 1186, 4burner wrote:@Shinobi - You wagoned me despite leaning town on me end of day 1. What up with that? Also, what do you think of @CDB voting you?

This is true of me, too, but I'm your top townread. smh

--

In post 1195, Aegor wrote:VOTE: ActionDan

This vote is not moving until he is dead or replaced.

*slams head into brick wall*

--

In post 1306, Iecerint wrote:@ CDB, if content from D2-Chevre is informing your Chevre townread, I think you should ignore it as you evaluate Chevre.

a) Why the hell would I do that?
b) My initial Chevre townlean comes from Day 1, as noted early Today. It's been strengthened by some Day 2 stuff.

--

In post 1312, Iecerint wrote:
I feel like there are enough scummy players in this game that the ActionDan pressure is pretty strange!

Is also kind of weird to me that AD apparently has a lurker reputation now.

Again, he's been at the meet in Sacramento...he's just flying back today (Monday). I came back a day early, Cabd came back much earlier.

Strongly agree with the bolded. Really not a fan of the ActionDan wagon; I think vezok's vote on it is pretty null coming from him but I do think less of Aegor for his Dan vote.

--

In post 1324, ZZZX wrote:Why the he'll am I ignored

Because there's plenty enough shit for everyone else to be doing without babying you through the game, plus there's plenty of reason for us already to have reads on you so we have no particular motivation for trying to coax content out of you when the stuff that you were contributing before you went AWOL wasn't very compelling in the first place. Don't use us as an excuse for not putting in any effort.

--

I like ooba's stronger scumread on jmj than most in this post. However, I like jmj less as a 'lurker vote' than others because he's got posts like this which I think have enough to them to make him readable down the road.

--

In post 1342, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:it looks like perv is trying steer suspicion by implying that he has insight into nexus's meta but is not explicitly saying so since he never addressed cdb really in a meaningful way other than to rvs vote him.

This is a great point from 50 about PV. It seems weird that he'd make a meta judgement of Nexus like that and not address me when I was pushing hard on a meta read of Nexus.

--

Just generally want to point out that my suspicion on Shinobi has waned somewhat; this is my first time playing with him, I think, and he seems sufficiently different to most players that the things I find weird from him may not be alignment-indicative from him. Can't call him a townread currently, though.

--

PV's vezok vote doesn't thrill me.

--

OK, so, update on where I am:

People I'd lynch right now:
PV, 4burner, maybe Cabd if we had to go outside those two for some reason
People whom the vig should consider:
the above, plus: vezok, Shinobi, maaaybe Aegor
Solid townreads:
UT, Triforce, Riddleton, 50, CTD, Iecerint, more or less ZZZX too
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:01 am

Addendum: put jmj in the vig list.
#greenshirtthursdays
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:12 am

Post by Iecerint »

I have inferred that something in particular that Chevre did today made you think he was more town than you otherwise might. If this is not the case, you can ignore my point.

I am aware that your Chevre read is partly based on your perception that he is not likely scum with Nexus.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”