Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

I don't recall titus promise VCA ever showing.

CKD: we had a chat about old school and bussing scum buddy. I don't imagine the convo was not said without your own meta in mind.
Am I crazy not to wifom this? I think not. I imagine, as this game is one you played after q break, you could change your stripes just for me. Also I ran across a player who came back after a break, but did nothing but bus and make bad cases.
I won't be voting you.

vote: titus

explain your change of reads and reasoning.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 5.01Riddleton: (1) Titus
(L-2)
Curiouskarmadog : (2) Riddleton, Curiouskarmadog
Titus: (1) Farside22
Farside22: (1) Green Crayons

Not Voting: ChannelDelibird

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-11-25 17:49:00)

Mod Notes:
None
[/area]
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:36 pm

Post by Titus »

Farside, you ignored it. It cleared Amy. It clears you. It clears CDB.

My stance flip is exactly why I said. Riddleton was not clear and is buddying the fuck out of me.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1597, Titus wrote:I forgot to fucking post my VCA. LOL! Excuse me for being a dumb ass there.

My vote is on scrambles for WiFOM, piss poor voting/interactions and OMGUS. Scrambles hasn't voted or pushed anyone since it's become apparent I am not going to be the lynch today.

1.02 scrambles wagoned alongside farside who looks pretty obviously town from his play and reaction to Beli's lynch and the start of today. Beli attacked Farside pretty hard for his vote on Scramble's current slot (I know I've mentioned at least this before).
1.03 Beli and Chaoslord (now CDB) are wagoned. Both scrambles and acryon's slots are on the counterwagon to known scum. CDB being Beli's counterwagon is also less likely to be scum.
1.04 The wagon on Beli has essential degraded. AFF has been parked on Beli since the start. That eliminates AFF as likely scum in my book separate from her posting. Farside22's wagon also has CDB and Beli on it. Given scum tend not to quick vote to start a counterwagon (unless it's a scumwagon they are countering), this is strong evidence that CDB is town.

Skip a few to end of D 1 wagons
1.09 This is the best proscrambles thing in 1.09 he's third on the wagon for Beli, but that's also a prime scum bus slot. Scrambles hadn't been voting since unvoting in VC 1.07. This gives him greater flexibility to bus if necessary. Acryon is still on TobyLoby by himself.
1.10 Scrambles and Acryon take the same positions.
1.11 Scrambles and Acryon are still on the same spots.
1.12 Acryon jumps on Beli. This vote screams BUS. None of the town were making a decision and Acryon didn't want to get caught being the tipping point to where he caused the townie to get lynched.
1.13 CDB votes Skelda, thus giving that wagon momentum. Acryon immediately moves over. Thus forcing a Skelda lynch.

Day 2

If Scrambles was so confident, Beli was scum, we would expect him to open with a vote on Beli. He does not. AFF immediately votes Beli within the opening VCA. Rather, the scumteam decided to frontload the bus after it was obvious. Farside, given her tunnelling of CDB would be reliable to attempt to persuade onto a derp wagon. So that's precisely what they did. Vote, lurk, pray for the other wagon to take off.

Day 3

Day 3 focuses on CDB and AFF I've been no so subtly shooting these wagons down due to my day 1 analysis (which I thought I had posted but hadn't whoops). They've been obvious town based on their play and their voting.

In post 1918, Titus wrote:
In post 1047, Titus wrote:
In post 1046, ChannelDelibird wrote:UNVOTE: Amy

Nonetheless, going to rethink. I want people to propose alternatives; even if I'm right, Belisarius had two buddies.

Conftown. Amy is town too most likely.

In post 1597, Titus wrote:I forgot to fucking post my VCA. LOL! Excuse me for being a dumb ass there.

My vote is on scrambles for WiFOM, piss poor voting/interactions and OMGUS. Scrambles hasn't voted or pushed anyone since it's become apparent I am not going to be the lynch today.

1.02 scrambles wagoned alongside farside who looks pretty obviously town from his play and reaction to Beli's lynch and the start of today.
Beli attacked Farside pretty hard for his vote on Scramble's current slot (I know I've mentioned at least this before).

Beli and Chaoslord (now CDB) are wagoned.
Both scrambles and acryon's slots are on the counterwagon to known scum. CDB being Beli's counterwagon is also less likely to be scum.
1.04 The wagon on Beli has essential degraded. AFF has been parked on Beli since the start. That eliminates AFF as likely scum in my book separate from her posting. Farside22's wagon also has CDB and Beli on it. Given scum tend not to quick vote to start a counterwagon (unless it's a scumwagon they are countering), this is strong evidence that CDB is town.

Skip a few to end of D 1 wagons
1.09 This is the best proscrambles thing in 1.09 he's third on the wagon for Beli, but that's also a prime scum bus slot. Scrambles hadn't been voting since unvoting in VC 1.07. This gives him greater flexibility to bus if necessary. Acryon is still on TobyLoby by himself.
1.10 Scrambles and Acryon take the same positions.
1.11 Scrambles and Acryon are still on the same spots.
1.12 Acryon jumps on Beli. This vote screams BUS. None of the town were making a decision and Acryon didn't want to get caught being the tipping point to where he caused the townie to get lynched.
1.13 CDB votes Skelda, thus giving that wagon momentum. Acryon immediately moves over. Thus forcing a Skelda lynch.

Day 2

If Scrambles was so confident, Beli was scum, we would expect him to open with a vote on Beli. He does not. AFF immediately votes Beli within the opening VCA. Rather, the scumteam decided to frontload the bus after it was obvious. Farside, given her tunnelling of CDB would be reliable to attempt to persuade onto a derp wagon. So that's precisely what they did. Vote, lurk, pray for the other wagon to take off.

Day 3

Day 3 focuses on CDB and AFF I've been no so subtly shooting these wagons down due to my day 1 analysis (which I thought I had posted but hadn't whoops). They've been obvious town based on their play and their voting.

There.

Riddleton is likely town bc yesterday.

That leaves GC and CKD.

In post 1921, Titus wrote:Acryon my lynchpins are conftowns and work outwards. I put it in chronological order for understanding. I bolded the parts that make people conftown.

Farside- Fight with Beli over Scrambles vote
AFF - Tunnel on Beli
CDB - Always the counterwagon.
Riddleton - Strong lean town based on yesterday's vote pattern.

My history with VCA is my conftowns are not wrong. Occassionally I document the townbeard as scum though.

Harry Potter Large Theme is the best example.

Malakittens tunnelled scum. Last scum tried to takecredit. My analysis had two scums because one guy went eight days and never voted scum. He was the townbeard.

In post 1994, Titus wrote:Look at Harry Potter (Large Theme), Revolution Mafia, InuYasha Mafia, a confirmed clear of mine has never been wrong on VCA.

Farside scumreaders - Farside votes scrambles scum early and has a long fight with Beli over it? Do all three scum have such a protracted fight early? No. They do not.

CDB - He countered scumwagons twice. He ain't scum.

Refresher.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2173, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2137, Titus wrote:GC, I am not lynching farside either. I doubt Day 1 was all scum bickering over lynching themselves.

In post 2161, Titus wrote:VOTE: Riddleton

lol

Refusing to believe that scum would bicker between themselves on D1 as a distancing tactic, but all-in on believing that Riddle-scum bussed both of his scum buddies (4th on D2 Beli-wagon; 2nd on D3 scrambles-wagon).

That makes all sense in the world.

Also, I just ISOed you Titus. You went from repeatedly stating that Riddle was very likely town to saying that Riddle was one of two or three scum candidates without any actual explanation of the change in stance.

You act as if that is mutually exclusive. My townread has softened but my read on him because of his play.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:37 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I apparently dont get it, or completely dont understand the theory behind this game.

again lets say titus, GC, CDB, or farside are scum...they leave me alive today because "they dont think I am scum (today)". we get to lylo and they (titusscum, GCscum, CDBscum, or farsidescum) leave me and riddleton alive for lylo?

who is getting the rope?

sweet god if you are town...if you think I am scum...or you dont want me to get to lylo...we need to do this now.

here let me give you a little motivation. if we dont hang me I will start scum hunting again....given my track record in this game, nobody wants that.

furthermore, I will probably be voting CDB...so CDB, get your vote on me while the getting is good.

or...farside...you might get my vote dear...sooooo..did you ever address GC's point about why you ignored my question about your scramble's case.

see

I have already started..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:46 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

After we backed away from the precipice of lynching you Yesterday, this whole 'what-if-I'm-at-LyLo' complex is fucking tiresome. Yes, for the love of God, please start scumhunting again. That's what will actually help the town.
#greenshirtthursdays
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:19 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2179, Titus wrote:
In post 2173, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2137, Titus wrote:GC, I am not lynching farside either. I doubt Day 1 was all scum bickering over lynching themselves.

In post 2161, Titus wrote:VOTE: Riddleton

lol

Refusing to believe that scum would bicker between themselves on D1 as a distancing tactic, but all-in on believing that Riddle-scum bussed both of his scum buddies (4th on D2 Beli-wagon; 2nd on D3 scrambles-wagon).

That makes all sense in the world.

Also, I just ISOed you Titus. You went from repeatedly stating that Riddle was very likely town to saying that Riddle was one of two or three scum candidates without any actual explanation of the change in stance.

You act as if that is mutually exclusive. My townread has softened but my read on him because of his play.

It's the fact that making a lot of noise about voting a scumbuddy and actually voting to lynch a scumbuddy serve the same purpose: distancing. It's just that the former is a safer version of it than the latter, but you're more inclined to believe that the scum took the more anti-win-condition distancing strategy of actually helping to thin their own numbers.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:21 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Also, Titus, although you didn't directly answer my question about why you shifted your position on Riddle, is it that process of elimination outweighs his play that you repeatedly recognized as fairly protown?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:29 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2182, Green Crayons wrote:It's the fact that making a lot of noise about voting a scumbuddy and actually voting to lynch a scumbuddy serve the same purpose: distancing. It's just that the former is a safer version of it than the latter, but you're more inclined to believe that the scum took the more anti-win-condition distancing strategy of actually helping to thin their own numbers.

Clarification: It's not that I don't think that scum hasn't bussed this game, it's just that you're more inclined to believe that the scum took the more anti-win-condition distancing strategy of voting-to-lynch
both
of their scum buddies over the notion that scum took other distancing actions that had less impact on their actual numbers.

farside's play looks much more like someone who didn't want to bus (refused to vote Beli despite constantly saying how bad Beli's play was, going so far as to say that either Beli or chaos was scum), but then when the second scum was on the chopping block but shy of a majority vote, thought a bus to push him over the edge would net her town points.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:43 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2180, curiouskarmadog wrote:I apparently dont get it, or completely dont understand the theory behind this game.

again lets say titus, GC, CDB, or farside are scum...they leave me alive today because "they dont think I am scum (today)". we get to lylo and they (titusscum, GCscum, CDBscum, or farsidescum) leave me and riddleton alive for lylo?

who is getting the rope?

sweet god if you are town...if you think I am scum...or you dont want me to get to lylo...we need to do this now.

here let me give you a little motivation. if we dont hang me I will start scum hunting again....given my track record in this game, nobody wants that.

furthermore, I will probably be voting CDB...so CDB, get your vote on me while the getting is good.

or...farside...you might get my vote dear...sooooo..did you ever address GC's point about why you ignored my question about your scramble's case.

see

I have already started..

I'm skimming the game currently and barely skimming at best. I get 10 minutes of peace (let me laugh at the peace part) and quickly post what I get the gist of on where I stand on what I could read.

In short, could you quote the point from GC about ignoring your questions.

In post 2184, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2182, Green Crayons wrote:It's the fact that making a lot of noise about voting a scumbuddy and actually voting to lynch a scumbuddy serve the same purpose: distancing. It's just that the former is a safer version of it than the latter, but you're more inclined to believe that the scum took the more anti-win-condition distancing strategy of actually helping to thin their own numbers.

Clarification: It's not that I don't think that scum hasn't bussed this game, it's just that you're more inclined to believe that the scum took the more anti-win-condition distancing strategy of voting-to-lynch
both
of their scum buddies over the notion that scum took other distancing actions that had less impact on their actual numbers.

farside's play looks much more like someone who didn't want to bus (refused to vote Beli despite constantly saying how bad Beli's play was, going so far as to say that either Beli or chaos was scum), but then when the second scum was on the chopping block but shy of a majority vote, thought a bus to push him over the edge would net her town points.

I'm not going to say it but one last time.
I thought chaos was scum over beli. Anything you read that I said is me believing chaos was scum and I even explained that beli's lack of vote on skelda made me think he was town.
Admittedly my view on scramble was never as vocal as it should have been. I was very much back and forth reading the comments said between him and riddle and him and you.
I voted him with doubt in my mind about his alignment.

going back to read what titus said now.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Titus:
Reading this post why are you voting Riddle if you have him as town based on your own analysis?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:28 am

farside if you are scum (and this "skimming the game" thing is a ploy like GC said) I will always vote you when you get busy.

so this.

In post 1957, curiouskarmadog wrote:

In post 1772, Green Crayons wrote:^^^ To further expound why farside-town
would
want to mention her previous suspicions of scrambles: farside thought that without a majority, there would be a no lynch. No lynches are obviously not good for the town. You would therefore want to persuade others to vote for the candidate you believe has the best chance to reach a majority vote hours before the deadline --
even if
you're simply attempting to avoid a no lynch. One way to help persuade others would be to mention all the suspicions you have previously posted about the player you think is best able to reach a majority vote.

farside didn't do that.

Even worse, CKD prompted her to mention all of her scrambles suspicions in this post, hours before the deadline:
In post 1636, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1626, farside22 wrote:Well my vote seems to go no where and the cbd "case" is pretty lacking.

Vote: scrambles
so why vote here?

was there a case you saw (ie didnt skim over) you thought was good?

farside posted again before the deadline (), but ignored this opportunity to help bolster a scrambles vote.

UNVOTE: CKD
VOTE: farside

When I went back to figure out what I thought you were flawed about..I reread this.

In posted this in 1636. I thought farside was scum and was just voting scrablestown because it was an easy lynch.

GC is right, she did go on in 1640 and quote a bunch of my posts and DID miss this post.

also,

unvote

if I get to lylo and I am instantly lynched, consider this your "I told you so" post.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Green Crayons »

CKD, you're not allowed to unvote your self vote until you do some goddamn scum hunting.

~*~ So sayeth GC, Ambassador to the thread from the Asshole Kingdom. ~*~
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Titus is still likely town, because she has no reason to chase a really bad Riddle vote and bring attention onto herself like that.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Riddleton »

You all should sheep me on CKD!
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:32 am

Post by Riddleton »

There's so much disssonance with votes here at the moment it's kind of disappointing, really.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:33 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Riddle:
If CKD is town, and I am town, who is scum?
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Riddleton »

I guess
probably
farside.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:38 am

[quote="In post 2188,
~*~ So sayeth GC, Ambassador to the thread from the Asshole Kingdom. ~*~[/quote]
should be your new signature.

also, I can be as scummy as I want to be right now...what is worse thing that could happen?...oh yeah, you lynch me. which would (again) be the best thing for us.

going to read a bit when I have time tomorrow.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:39 am

In post 2190, Riddleton wrote:You all should sheep me on CKD!

I did, no traction.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:40 am

it is all part of my devious scum plan.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Green Crayons »

UNVOTE: farside
VOTE: CKD

I know for a fact that I am town, and I think I have played less scummy than farside. I will be happy to try to convince you that farside is more likely scum than myself if CKD is in fact town.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:43 am

In post 2197, Green Crayons wrote:

I know for a fact that I am town,

weird statement.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE