Mini 1624: Joss Whedon Mafia: The Musical (Game Over)

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Vote CountMedea the Alien (0):
LynchMePls (2): Antihero, Boonskiies
Antihero (0):
Anatole Kuragin (0):
GreyICE (2): HypotheticalBassists, ArcAngel9
Egg (0):
Serrapaladin (0):
HypotheticalBassists (3): Egg, LynchMePls, Riddleton
Boonskiies (0):
Istott (0):
Murder of Crows (1): Anatole Kuragin
ArcAngel9 (2): Serrapaladin, GreyICE
Riddleton (0):

Not Voting (3): Istott, Murder of Crows, Medea the Alien

It is day 1. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day ends on Tuesday, November 25 at 1:15pm EST. Countdown: (expired on 2014-11-25 13:15:00).

GreyICE is V/LA until Friday, November 14.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
HypotheticalBassists
HypotheticalBassists
Townie
HypotheticalBassists
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Post by HypotheticalBassists »

Upon looking at GreyICE's ISO, I don't think he's scum anymore. UNVOTE: GreyICE. (Just for the record, Dino and I came to this decision independently, but we both agree.) And here's why:

My main problem came from refusing to explain his votes, obviously. I mean, he hasn't exactly been the most fun player to work with, as Istott said, but I don't see that as a viable reason to think he's scum anymore. Plus he has made some actual contributions. In he suspects the lurkers, and then backs up the exclusion of Medea in . I don't totally agree that Medea's posts have all been so supremely filled with content, but I can see his reasoning.

He explains his Egg vote in , though I think it's a little bit different than what he implies in and . It sounds like he didn't have a problem with Egg's opening post (or, at least, he didn't have a serious problem with Riddleton's reasoning) from 144, and then you abandon your vote altogether just because the wagon's going nowhere in 357. I'm more concerned with 144 than 357. I'm guessing that Grey is just disagreeing with Riddleton in the interpretation of Egg's opening post (). I don't see any specific analyses of that post, so I'm guessing it's more of a gutread than anything from both of them. I suppose I can see how Egg's three vote switches in the first 100 posts is a little iffy (, , ).

Also, I find it a little weird that Grey defended us a couple times, in and . It makes me a little suspicious of him. It's in scum's best interest to defend town, yeah? (By the way, the defense scumminess obviously doesn't also apply to serrapaladin, the glorious IC.) Also, still waiting on an explanation for reads in .

Istott, does mean that AA9 has more of a town reading for you? I'm still up in the air with how AA9's handling this, especially with her last post.

-Duck
Hydra of Mathdino and gangsta_duck41.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Did Istott really just make a 1-10 scale of scum-town and then rank everyone 4-6?

Is that a thing that just occurred?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:16 pm

Post by Murder of Crows »

Would probably have been better to let him sort the rest before pointing that out.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:24 pm

Post by Medea the Alien »

In post 347, GreyICE wrote:Oh. Well... crap. Was it Camn who hated it?

Whatever, my point about your 4 post ISO actually having things in it as opposed to what I linked stands.

It probably was. People tend to confuse us two. I'm the one your fiancé got mad at because of the whole fake mason thing in the end of the last Sixty game.
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:25 pm

In post 352, Murder of Crows wrote:
In post 343, Medea the Alien wrote:Actually if you don't mind I'm kind of more interested in the pidgeon's opinion, yours can wait until your mom stops doing the things that give you said headache.

You want my thoughts now?

Also, I'd like to hear why you were going to ask us to vote with you there.

Sure. And because I'm working on the AP head alongside your head, and AP's readable more in context for me when he makes voting pattern decisions, more if we ever morph against him, otherwise you'll have to guess at it.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:27 pm

In post 377, GreyICE wrote:Did Istott really just make a 1-10 scale of scum-town and then rank everyone 4-6?

I noticed this too, but I'm even more interested in seeing the second half of the reads list.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Yeah probably.

I am simply in awe of the word:content ratio displayed. I cannot possibly fathom a town point to it. It is the definition of a post where far too much effort was spent to say almost nothing at all. The entire AA9 section is an anecdote about something that happened on another site. At the end of the day it neither strongly supports serra's reads, nor strongly condemns AA9. (side note: everyone knows serra is both obviously town, and obviously not 100% infallible. Even serra knows that).

The Anatole and Antihero sections are... oh just read them, ditto on the Boon section, ditto on the Egg section, ditto on my section (I was angry at Serra, that doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and run them through the Spanish inquisition. Also I was generally frustrated at the entire game at that point - and there's no even alignment information to be drawn from that, period). The HB read is three sentences to say what I said when I explained my egg vote.

It is like what, 900 words that probably could have been summarized in about 50?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:32 pm

As a side note, I'm of two minds to vote arcangel if penguin finishes catching up tomorrow and agrees on my scum read there.

And if town, arc is being incredibly anti-town to the point of downright anti-wincon play. Does she REALLY want another ban after the "go literally kill yourself" thing?
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:36 pm

In post 380, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 352, Murder of Crows wrote:
In post 343, Medea the Alien wrote:Actually if you don't mind I'm kind of more interested in the pidgeon's opinion, yours can wait until your mom stops doing the things that give you said headache.

You want my thoughts now?

Also, I'd like to hear why you were going to ask us to vote with you there.

Sure. And because I'm working on the AP head alongside your head, and AP's readable more in context for me when he makes voting pattern decisions, more if we ever morph against him, otherwise you'll have to guess at it.

I don't even remember what my thoughts were now. something about the brashly certain tone of his posts during the part of the game that we played. Also, I just liked that he was putting skin in the game so emphatically. Made the sudden pull-up/replace-out look like a genuine reaction. Which doesn't make it a town reaction, but something something touhou something.

Reading us separately is probably a decent approach for now.

p-edit I really don't know what to think about AA9. something something touhou something. No idea if there's vaguely similar backstory or not.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:38 pm

I basically defer arc to penguin, because bro has some super secret 100% tell that penguin learned when hydrating with him and it's still working afaik.

We're both just fatigued ATM with the looming move and touching bases is gonna be hard until next week.
istott
istott
Goon
istott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Post by istott »

In post 377, GreyICE wrote:Did Istott really just make a 1-10 scale of scum-town and then rank everyone 4-6?

Did you read the start of my post?
"istott should be known as the guy who modded a marathon game with no scum and randomised night actions"
-Mathdino
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=60156
istott
istott
Goon
istott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Post by istott »

GreyICE, you've successfully demotivated me. I know I'm not as good at mafia as other people, but I try. It may be a while before the second half of my useless reads comes out (my ADHD medication has worn off), but I tend to work better when people ask me specific questions about specific things (a side effect of asbergers, I need specificity.) I'll try to post my other reads tonight, but I don't know if I'll have time.
"istott should be known as the guy who modded a marathon game with no scum and randomised night actions"
-Mathdino
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by GreyICE »

*sigh*

My goal was not to demotivate you, but to comment on what I saw in your post. I'll happily agree you put a lot of effort into it, but I don't know if there was a high return on investment. If you want a decent return on investment, I'd tend to focus at looking at the top 3 wagons, and then reviewing people to see if something catches your eye, and then commenting on anything important that really stands out to you. For instance, I can almost assure you, 99.5%, that we're not lynching, for instance, Anatole today. So if you focus it down to a few key points, everyone gets more out of it.

And I think you'll find when you distill the interactions down to a few key points for other people that suddenly you'll distill it down to some key points for yourself.

I'm not trying to be mean, but posts like that are honestly very content light for their word count, which is not I think what you wanted out of it.

(plus I'd be very interested to see what you considered the key points in this town)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
istott
istott
Goon
istott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:43 pm

Post by istott »

I do admit that I overreacted quite significantly. Thank you for clarifying your intention, and I'll attempt to do what you have outlined.
-Mathdino
istott
istott
Goon
istott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Post by istott »

In post 376, HypotheticalBassists wrote:
Istott, does mean that AA9 has more of a town reading for you? I'm still up in the air with how AA9's handling this, especially with her last post.

-Duck

Slightly. This early in the game, I never have confidence in my reads though.
-Mathdino
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:05 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 383, Medea the Alien wrote:As a side note, I'm of two minds to vote arcangel if penguin finishes catching up tomorrow and agrees on my scum read there.

And if town, arc is being incredibly anti-town to the point of downright anti-wincon play. Does she REALLY want another ban after the "go literally kill yourself" thing?

I would really appreciate if you don't bring outside references into this game which is against game rules. Talking about my ban that was based on "post game comments" has no connection to refer my game play as "Anti-town". If you think I am playing anti-wincon. Please quote/direct those posts that looked anti-town to you. I am open to discuss every point in detail.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:28 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'll catch up tomorrow and post.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:58 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

VOTE: Unvote

I see a lot of players from this game already have made up their mind about me. I can even tell for the fact that they probably don't even want to listen to what i say or post here. Some even bringing stuff outside from the game to make me look bad even when it is not somethng that relates to topic. Well, I can't change how people think about me but i will certialy try to play by win-condition because i always do. People from this site know me pretty much well for that. With that said.. I don't care if anyone want to hang on to their useless ego and apply policy lynch on me. Please feel free. Pro-playing is not about dominace it is about to acceptance. Too bad that the maturity level of some kids here is very low.

Moving on to my reads...

Medea the Alien -Null

Cabd already said few horrible things about me that are not related to the game, he is probably one of those people i dont think is open to read me honestly. I can't read someone when they relate to things that don't exist. So I am going to wait for penguin posts to their slot.

LynchMePls - Null

He was quite active at the begining of game but later went back to lurking. I cant really make out a read for him not until i see more from this guy.

Antihero - Probably Town

He is been very mysterious in the game so far, He is not lurker or not been much of speaker either. But his posts #167 & 283 speaks a lot about him. He called LynchMepls at the right time. I wish he is more active and look at other scummy players as well.

Anatole Kuragin - Probably Town

I like his calls on Murder of Crows. Its like he is only scumhunting them.

GreyICE - Probably Scum

Firstly, I didn't like his reasoning to vote egg which he later explained but he ignored twice when i asked him about it. And later he puts a suprise vote on me with out any case and he still haven't explained it but his last 3 posts and content seems very geniune which making me re-think about him but as of now..he is likely scum to me.

Egg- Null

He hasn't really much to read him well. Need more content.

Serrapaladin

He doesn't need to be in this list at all but i want him to read this post... I asked you numerous times why you think I am scum. you later said that I was picking on lurker. I explained my vote on Boon. Do you have another reasons to scum read me or Is it just personal? If not, Please ask yourself. My suggestion.. You should play for winning this game not loosing. If you put your ego forward. Pls feel free. I really gotta nothing to loose. I am just going to be a dead townie and you're giving scum what they want.

HypotheticalBassists-Null

I really cant make much about this hydra. I like the way Mathdino plays and thinks and i dont know anything about the other head of this hydra. i need to see more to build a read on them.

Boonskiies-Lurker/Null/Probably Scum

I am going to give all my benefits of doubt on this guy. Not because he is been lurking it is because he is been lurking intentionally. He doesn't bother when i put a pressure vote on him.. Its possibly that he probably thought it wouldn't matter which could be coming from a lazy scum but i can't say this for sure when i see him being active on site and avoding this game. I have expected more pressure votes on Boon so that he will speak up on his defence. But sadly this town is not with me today. No i can't really put him anywhere at this moment.

Istott- Neutral read

I am 50-50% on this guy. So far, he is the only player who i think have made attempt to read me through logic not by person. Its perhpas becaue this is our first game which makes me nice or it is possible that he is scum he already know what my alignment is and want to just stay netural but so for i don't have anything neagtive or scummy about this guy nor something really big to make him look town.

Murder of Crows - Probably Scum

I have played wtih both AP & Fferyllt before, they both know me well enough to understand my town play. I understand if Fferyllt wont see the kind of person because we went back and forth in multiple games like this in which she was mostly wrong abou me. But AP is the on who concerns me a lot in this hydra than Ffryllt. I usually see AP as pro town player and he sure do knows how to read me well which was something he learnt from mastni but his respoonse to my interactions with Serra suprised me. I expected better than that.... And I see there is lack of game control from AP on this game because usually town AP takes over the control and literally leads the game.

Riddleton- Town

I seen Riddleton town play before, and this is him. He is my solid town read.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:39 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 393, ArcAngel9 wrote:Murder of Crows - Probably Scum
I have played wtih both AP & Fferyllt before, they both know me well enough to understand my town play. I understand if Fferyllt wont see the kind of person because we went back and forth in multiple games like this in which she was mostly wrong abou me. But AP is the on who concerns me a lot in this hydra than Ffryllt. I usually see AP as pro town player and he sure do knows how to read me well which was something he learnt from mastni but his respoonse to my interactions with Serra suprised me. I expected better than that.... And I see there is lack of game control from AP on this game because usually town AP takes over the control and literally leads the game.

The only post AP has made about or to you is . Most of my interaction with you has been trying to mediate.

This is such a severe misread of us. I don't understand how town-you would come up with it.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:39 am

In post 394, fferyllt wrote:
In post 393, ArcAngel9 wrote:Murder of Crows - Probably Scum

The only post AP has made about or to you is . Most of my interaction with you has been trying to mediate.

This is such a severe misread of us. I don't understand how town-you would come up with it.

mine
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:44 am

Post by LimMePls »

@Mod: V/LA until next Monday. Family illness needing my attention.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:15 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

GreyICE, have you ever thrown a similar temper tantrum as scum? I know you have as town.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:36 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 372, istott wrote:@Antihero: Did you forget who I was, or did you just want to refer to me by something other than my name?
@Antihero: In #168, you mentioned that #166 was "SCUM". I'm don't know how you came to that conclusion. Can you please clarify?

no, i just liked cabin in the woods and wanted to let you know i appreciate the references (LOOKATMELOOKATMEI'MBUDDYING)

also, as far as this game is concerned, any ongoing games do not exist

now...otherstufffffff
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 398, Antihero wrote:also, as far as this game is concerned, any ongoing games do not exist

^^^the spirit of this is to avoid breaking site rules, btw
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”