Open 577: Hope Plus One! (GAME OVER - SCUM WIN)

notreallygood
notreallygood
Goon
notreallygood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by notreallygood »

Edit: OK, now I understand why Constantine is getting replaced.

I don't blame him. He's had a rough time playing this game.
I'm always watching...
notreallygood
notreallygood
Goon
notreallygood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by notreallygood »

I'm sorry that I can't do much now. However, I hope that you'll consider my case on Gravity, and also my other reads, if there are any follow-ups to these topics after I'm out.

I'd want to continue playing but the thing I'm dealing with is really an emergency, so it can't be delayed.
I'm always watching...
notreallygood
notreallygood
Goon
notreallygood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by notreallygood »

I'm leaving soon. Goodbye to all of you. I wish you all the best.
I'm always watching...
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Thanks NRG, good luck with whatever you're doing.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:10 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 298, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 297, copper223 wrote:
Texcat is no longer leaning town and back into the null box.

Why?

-House

Declaring she is not going to try until the replacements are in voids my previous reads on, which were based on speculation of her motivation for keeping her RVS vote.
St Constantine the Hermit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:47 am

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

Hell yeah I'm going to rage quit. People here are insanely dominating.
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:17 am

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

Still think NRG's interactions with MD shouldn't be white washed with the replacement.
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:50 am

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 304, copper223 wrote:
In post 298, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 297, copper223 wrote:
Texcat is no longer leaning town and back into the null box.

Why?

-House

Declaring she is not going to try until the replacements are in voids my previous reads on, which were based on speculation of her motivation for keeping her RVS vote.

That's rather silly.

Multiple replacements change the game state considerably. I can see why someone wouldn't want to get invested in the game until it stabilized.
Everybody lies.

... except me, of course.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:20 am

Post by copper223 »

Which of the two am I talking with? You are missing the point, I was thinking she wasn't hurrying along to switch votes from RVS because she didn't feel the need to and read that as more town indicative, she instead stated she was waiting for replacements before getting invested in the game, as you call it, which means my read on her motivation was wrong and any alignment indicator I got from it must also be disregarded, which leaves me with a null read on her.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:31 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Idiotking replaces St. Constantine the Hermit. Still waiting for two replacements.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:30 am

Post by Cane + Able »

Can we go back to RVS just long enough for me to vote Idiotking? :lol:

- House
Everybody lies.

Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 308, copper223 wrote:Which of the two am I talking with?

In post 11, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 8, St Constantine the Hermit wrote::dead:
Hydras should signify who's talking out of policy
:dead:

That being the case, assume unsigned posts belong to me, because my memory is shit.

-House
Everybody lies.

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:20 am

Post by Aneninen »

Gravity, BMWS, CultivationTheory, where are you?
Also, we have a replacement and we need two more.
So, basicly half of the players have been producing little to no content recently. This must change.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:13 am

Post by Mathdino »

@Anenenaineonanenaonenaneinanenaynenaonenonymous: What do you think of BMWS's RVS vote/unvote? I think we have enough of texcat to get a read on her, but that may be just because I've played with her. Anything more on her?
I think your intuition on acryon may hold some ground. He is being a bit off and he keeps flipping on my reads list.

Ooh, copper makes a good point on Rudy. Going after Constantine after everything we said about him is unnecessary, and this statement:
I'm a little cautious at Newbie too for the reasons you describe. Posting in other games but not here could be a sign of apathy for this game (ie. he's not interested in this game very much) or lurker scum. Thanks for spotting that!
Looks like he's half picking on lurkers and half avoiding 'picking on lurkers'.

Okay seriously though guys, lurking is not a scumtell. Voting a lurker is a pressure vote or a policy vote, nothing more. That goes to I think Aneneblahblahblah, copper, Rudy, anyone else with issues with Newbie.

I disagree that is townish, although it does help the atmosphere. The entire fiasco seems like something scum would jump on to 'keep the peace' and get townpoints.

copper looks townish, but the texcat read switch is just bad tbh.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Hi all! Reading, shouldn't take long.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Oh, Mathdino, I've missed your post but I'll try to answer it tomorrow. Even if it'll be a busy day (work in the morning, doing the housework afterwards and I want to go to the swimming pool even if I got lynched because of that).
I've started losing my focus I must drink wine every evening and f-ck of because it's a must I started hating it, f-ck my unique blood, f-ck my anemia-close state, f-ck doctors, I'm nervous shyt ignore this. Getting felt drunk whil'st posting this bullshyt.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Rudolph the Reindeer »

Welcome, idiotking. Only 13 pages so it should be a quick read. :D

My stance on Constantine is (well, was) related to his hypocrisy and scummy interactions, not just a policy vote. I wasn't familiar with his play and thus didn't know he acted like that in all his games.

Finally, I should say that from acryon is null.
Ho ho ho! Merry christmas, everyone! :D
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Oh man, wow. Constantine was just profoundly awful.

On the Math/C+A argument about Math's "associative tell": I'm leaning Math on this one. BMWS expressed lack of knowledge of C+A's hydra-ness. I'm not going to call that a townslip, because saying scum pay much more attention in the early game is too broad a generalization; it is just as easy for them to lurk in RVS so the town start a big ol' slapfight that they can exploit later. However, it does suggest that they aren't both scum, since 1. they would be paying more attention to each other specifically (and C+A was obviously a hydra), and 2. they have a QT to get to know each other (dunno if they would get to talk to each other pre-game, though). C+A seemed entirely too vicious about it, though, which seems townie to me, because it puts a big spotlight on him, and scum don't really want that.

I agree on the "Pastro sounds like scum for attacking RVS votes" front, not just because it sounds like throwing suspicion around, but because it stinks of intentionally ignoring the elephant in the room (at the time, the Math/C+A thing) to not get drawn into a bigger argument.

In post 197, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:
I'm confident that MathDino is naughty. He's got an ISO which is 90% fluff; most of his posts are arguing mathematics with Cain & Able, arguments regarding St Constantine's bad playstyle and other assorted, equally useless, nonsense.

The same thing could be said about C+A, and in neither case is it voteworthy yet. Up to this point the bulk of the thread was those two arguing, and it was that nasty tangential kind of argument where it just becomes about winning the argument, the rest of the game be damned.

I actually have somewhat of a townread on Math, because his consistent "Constantine is an idiot, ignore him" line shows that at least he wasn't going to go after easy bait that was trying to harass him. To me, restraint in the face of an easy and justified target is a towntell.

I don't care about the whole acryon "Pastro ban means scumread" thing, because it effectively is a gutread. There are more legitimate reasons to have disliked Pastro.

Do not like NRG's argument against Gravity. It mostly seems to boil down to a meta argument with only one prior game's worth of meta to work with (only one game played together), which does not a meta make. But that's not scummy alone, just a really weak argument.

Problem is, the only actual scumread I got through my read was on Pastro, and I'm liking RDR. There's entirely too much theory vs theory and slapfighting in this game.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

Vote Count 1.6
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch
Gravity(1)
- notreallygood
Mathdino (1)
- Cane + Able
copper223 (1)
- texcat
blindmewithscience (1)
- copper223
notreallygood(2)
- Mathdino, St. Constantine the Hermit

Searching for 2 replacements. :/
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Anenanenanenanenanenanenanenonymous's drunkposting looks town, lol.

I pretty much like everything said in the above post. Small part of me is questioning whether it was actually designed to make me like it since 80% of it is stuff I've agreed with (C+A town, NRG's argument is bad, etc), but otherwise, looks good.

@IK: Does the knowledge that your slot is (presumably) town help you gather any reads when it comes to people interacting with it?
You said you're townreading me for not voting Constantine. What do you make of RDR? Where'd the townread on him come from?
Whatcha think of BMWS?
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Idiotking wrote:The same thing could be said about C+A, and in neither case is it voteworthy yet

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you there. At the time Cain + Able had provided significant contribution to the game outside the 'fluff' posts, unlike MathDino.

---

Judging by the current gamestate, I think my two most preferred choices would be MathDino and notreallygood. Let's go with NRG for now.
Vote: Notreallygood
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm on-the-fence with IK's catchup post. It's very much on-the-fence in parts. I'm surprised there aren't any scumreads drawn from his analysis, or even a vote.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

GGG replaces Newbie
GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by GGG »

Hi guys, did a quick skim through to get a feel for the game. Here are my current thoughts.

Nrg bad meta read. I do not believe the difference in his posting between town
and scum is suspicious vs scummiest. clarifies meta read to make it sound more reasonable after others started attacking.

C+A leaning town, mostly gut.

Rudolph discussing theory, being the helpful townie, lean scum. His Constantine interaction is scummy.

Annen - votes for lurker. Not a good day 1 vote. Lurkers get replaced, scum ensures they stay above the lurker tag as people like to lynch them. Day 3/4 once the low posters have some content I can see going after them but day 1 is at least bad town. Lean scum.

Copper - leaning town didn't note the posts on my read through

Math Dino - null right now, his post frequency will lead to scum slips if he is scum

Gravity - null

Cultivation Theory - did not notice anything from him during read through. Checked ISO has only 2 posts. Please post more CT - null

Acyron I like this reads list. Leaning town

BMWS - null, any firm reads from the whole missed hydra are ridiculous. It's not a town slip it's null.

Textcat - null

IK - I got strong town from Constintines slot in between the crap . Even as he was being replaced he kept scum hunting. This is my strongest town read.

VOTE: NotReallyGood
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:20 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 323, GGG wrote:Rudolph discussing theory, being the helpful townie, lean scum. His Constantine interaction is scummy.

I beg your pardon? Please explain this more because I'm thinking you may have worded this wrong. Also 213 wasn't Rudy.

[quote="In post 323Annen - votes for lurker. Not a good day 1 vote. Lurkers get replaced, scum ensures they stay above the lurker tag as people like to lynch them. Day 3/4 once the low posters have some content I can see going after them but day 1 is at least bad town. Lean scum.[/quote]
So hang on. You're saying going after a lurker makes him bad town, and then go and scumread him? I'm beginning to question whether you just scumslipped twice.
Also, you don't think the rest of his posts lean town? They're more than enough to outweigh a lurker vote.

You've got a lot of nulls, brother. Your C+A read shows you're a gutreader sometimes. Your gut tells you nothing about the 5 players you said nothing about?
Also where'd the copper townread come from if you didn't note the posts on your way through?

Return to “Completed Open Games”