Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:05 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2242, Titus wrote:You have just said distancing. My vca has never been wrong on conftown. Farside is town.

Yes I just said dinstancing. And?

Your VCA was literally "Beli-scum attacked farside for voting scrambles-scum, QED farside is town." Neat?

First time for everything.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:15 am

Post by Titus »

Pretty sure I did not state QED as I do not know what that stands for.

Scum just do not engage in that type of behavior. I haven't seen it once. Therefore Farside is town. Beli did it without arguing Scrambles slot was town. If it was tri theatre, arguing town is more effective. Still it has never hapoened and it is implausible.

Stop trying to add suspects. It won't happen. I don't care if Farside tunnels my ass.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:26 am

Post by Riddleton »

In post 2248, Titus wrote:
In post 2243, Riddleton wrote:
Let's theorize for a moment. We both know scum bus. How often do you see scum defend not just one but both buddies

Once, and it was a similar situation. An experienced player as scum gambiting the whole "oh god my reads suck" stance.

I will concede it's rare though, as you're right in that scum bus most of the time.

Defending both scum is a hallmark of scum Titus.

This is completely 100% false.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:00 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Sorry, I know I'm very behind on making a meaningful contribution Today. Ever since acryon claimed, I've not had much to latch onto in this game and the big arguments at the moment are just making me annoyed rather than intrigued. I'm going to be busy tomorrow but this game will be my first priority when I'm back, starting by rereading the scum lynches to look for buddies.
#greenshirtthursdays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:36 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2253, ChannelDelibird wrote:Sorry, I know I'm very behind on making a meaningful contribution Today. Ever since acryon claimed, I've not had much to latch onto in this game and the big arguments at the moment are just making me annoyed rather than intrigued. I'm going to be busy tomorrow but this game will be my first priority when I'm back, starting by rereading the scum lynches to look for buddies.

I would like to know where you stand before the day ends.

Riddleton wrote:
Let's theorize for a moment. We both know scum bus. How often do you see scum defend not just one but both buddies

Once, and it was a similar situation. An experienced player as scum gambiting the whole "oh god my reads suck" stance.

I will concede it's rare though, as you're right in that scum bus most of the time.

fair enough.
I'm just still thinking more about what i know of old school play and how ckd has played.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:09 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2253, ChannelDelibird wrote:Sorry, I know I'm very behind on making a meaningful contribution Today. Ever since acryon claimed, I've not had much to latch onto in this game and the big arguments at the moment are just making me annoyed rather than intrigued. I'm going to be busy tomorrow but this game will be my first priority when I'm back,
starting by rereading the scum lynches to look for buddies

Hey I've written about that:
In post 2096, Green Crayons wrote:Justifications for a farside vote:

(2)
In post 1640, farside22 wrote:My vote on scramble is for 2 reasons, 1) no one else is voting acryon (2)deadline is coming up in a few hours and a no lynch is not helpful.

This comment is suspicious for two reasons.

(a)
In post 1757, Green Crayons wrote:farside, like myself, was under the misconception that a failure to get a majority at the time of the deadline would result in a no lynch. (CKD pointed out my misconception of the actual rule at the beginning of today.) Therefore, farside-scum would be under the impression that her vote would actually contribute to scrambles' lynch (it wouldn't, because scrambles already had the most votes on him, and it didn't look like CDB was going to be surpassing scrambles' vote count per ).

farside had adamently refused to vote Beli on D1 and D2 -- even though Beli had pursued farside with an unnatural conviction and self-cetainty, and with a case that farside has herself said was really bad -- and so has been lacking in town cred. One way to up her cred would be to join the wagon on the sinking ship of a scummate. Hence, the late vote on the scrambles wagon.

(I go on to explain how farside's scrambles vote, at the time it was made at the end of the day, is actually pretty suspicious in and of itself regardless of the bussing aspect.)
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:45 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 5.04Riddleton: (1) Titus
Titus: (1) Farside22
Green Crayons: (1) Curiouskarmadog
(L-2)
Curiouskarmadog : (2) Riddleton, Green Crayons

Not Voting: ChannelDelibird

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-11-25 17:49:00)

Mod Notes:
None
[/area]
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:00 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm starting to rethink GC.
I need to check to see if I'm going crazy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:09 am

Post by farside22 »

gc: I recalled you pushing a lynch day 4 and day 5 on me.
I was wondering why you stated the following
In post 1712, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1709, curiouskarmadog wrote:just answer the question though...I am hung, flip town..you get little or less from Amy today...lets say she doesnt join my wagon. will you be voting her tomorrow (all things constant)?

Probably farside before Amy, assuming absolutely nothing happens with those players between now and then.

But voted for amy anyways?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:33 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

FARSIDE?

TAKE 3?

the more you dont comment on this the more I think that GC actually has a point with this.

In post 2187, curiouskarmadog wrote:farside if you are scum (and this "skimming the game" thing is a ploy like GC said) I will always vote you when you get busy.

so this.

In post 1957, curiouskarmadog wrote:

In post 1772, Green Crayons wrote:^^^ To further expound why farside-town
would
want to mention her previous suspicions of scrambles: farside thought that without a majority, there would be a no lynch. No lynches are obviously not good for the town. You would therefore want to persuade others to vote for the candidate you believe has the best chance to reach a majority vote hours before the deadline --
even if
you're simply attempting to avoid a no lynch. One way to help persuade others would be to mention all the suspicions you have previously posted about the player you think is best able to reach a majority vote.

farside didn't do that.

Even worse, CKD prompted her to mention all of her scrambles suspicions in this post, hours before the deadline:
In post 1636, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1626, farside22 wrote:Well my vote seems to go no where and the cbd "case" is pretty lacking.

Vote: scrambles
so why vote here?

was there a case you saw (ie didnt skim over) you thought was good?

farside posted again before the deadline (), but ignored this opportunity to help bolster a scrambles vote.

UNVOTE: CKD
VOTE: farside

When I went back to figure out what I thought you were flawed about..I reread this.

In posted this in 1636. I thought farside was scum and was just voting scrablestown because it was an easy lynch.

GC is right, she did go on in 1640 and quote a bunch of my posts and DID miss this post.

NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by farside22 »

I don't get the problem your asking CKD.
I vote scrambles do to vote count on the last page and saw deadline was coming up and then since I had time i went back over things.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:03 am

In 1636, I asked you what your case against scrambles was.

You didnt answer my question, but you did post a lot of my quotes in 1640 indicating that you did read my ISO.

GC's point is if you really wanted to push the scrambles lynch, why didnt you address my question in 1636? You clearly saw my question.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:04 am

In post 2257, farside22 wrote:I'm starting to rethink GC.

I know why I think GC is scummy..

what are you checking here?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:09 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2258, farside22 wrote:gc: I recalled you pushing a lynch day 4 and day 5 on me.
In post 1709, curiouskarmadog wrote:just answer the question though...I am hung, flip town..you get little or less from Amy today...lets say she doesnt join my wagon. will you be voting her tomorrow (all things constant)?

Probably farside before Amy, assuming absolutely nothing happens with those players between now and then.

I mean, the answer is literally right there when I voted for Amy:
In post 2071, Green Crayons wrote:Sigh.

After today, especially late game day, CKD looks pretty town. I guess his play today could be a gambit -- "let me throw myself upon the mercy of the town with plenty of LYNCH ME's" -- but I really don't think so. Couple that with
how
he went about not voting Beli (hard defense) and scrambles (actually appeared to inquire into the merits of a scrambles vote, even after scrambles was locked into the lynch via the most-votes-absent-majority rule), I think CKD is town.

I also think CDB looks lean town. Scum wouldn't bank on "forgetting" a pretty vital rule to excuse play. His reasons for unvoting CKD to vote Amy don't strike me as suspicious -- I myself have said that I have X-number of lynch candidates, and I don't particularly care what order they get lynched in. scrambles refusal to vote CDB is weird, and not something I'm just forgetting. But that alone isn't going to really do it for me.

In post 2072, Green Crayons wrote:That leaves me with farside and Amy.

Nobody appears willing to join Amy and I on farside. Fine. UNVOTE: farside, VOTE: Amy. She really has become the lurker queen, and has failed to really participate at all this game day. I wouldn't want her at LYLO because of that, as it would be a serious knock against her towniness.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:24 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2261, curiouskarmadog wrote:In 1636, I asked you what your case against scrambles was.

You didnt answer my question, but you did post a lot of my quotes in 1640 indicating that you did read my ISO.

GC's point is if you really wanted to push the scrambles lynch, why didnt you address my question in 1636? You clearly saw my question.

I don't remember.

I know that sounds like a shit response, but I don't remember seeing your questions or why I quoted all the stuff and didn't respond to your questions.
I know most days I'm home with multiple interruptions and miss things along the way.

In post 2262, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 2257, farside22 wrote:I'm starting to rethink GC.

I know why I think GC is scummy..

what are you checking here?

just give me a little bit leeway.

In post 2263, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2258, farside22 wrote:gc: I recalled you pushing a lynch day 4 and day 5 on me.

I mean, the answer is literally right there when I voted for Amy:
In post 2071, Green Crayons wrote:Sigh.

After today, especially late game day, CKD looks pretty town. I guess his play today could be a gambit -- "let me throw myself upon the mercy of the town with plenty of LYNCH ME's" -- but I really don't think so. Couple that with
how
he went about not voting Beli (hard defense) and scrambles (actually appeared to inquire into the merits of a scrambles vote, even after scrambles was locked into the lynch via the most-votes-absent-majority rule), I think CKD is town.

I also think CDB looks lean town. Scum wouldn't bank on "forgetting" a pretty vital rule to excuse play. His reasons for unvoting CKD to vote Amy don't strike me as suspicious -- I myself have said that I have X-number of lynch candidates, and I don't particularly care what order they get lynched in. scrambles refusal to vote CDB is weird, and not something I'm just forgetting. But that alone isn't going to really do it for me.

In post 2072, Green Crayons wrote:That leaves me with farside and Amy.

Nobody appears willing to join Amy and I on farside. Fine. UNVOTE: farside, VOTE: Amy. She really has become the lurker queen, and has failed to really participate at all this game day. I wouldn't want her at LYLO because of that, as it would be a serious knock against her towniness.

Well here is my issue.

You stated that you were town reading CKD at the end of day 4.
However today you stated the following.

In post 2197, Green Crayons wrote:UNVOTE: farside
VOTE: CKD

I know for a fact that I am town, and I think I have played less scummy than farside. I will be happy to try to convince you that farside is more likely scum than myself if CKD is in fact town.

I don't understand the change in view.

As with Amy you stated this:
In post 2233, Green Crayons wrote:I don't follow you at all.

-----

Riddle and Titus are town. That leaves CKD, CDB, and farside.

Farside is most likely scum. Nobody but Amy (dang it) agreed with me on this. Between CKD and CDB, I'm going to have to go with CKD.

You knew she was the only one who thought I was scum but yet you still voted for her.
We are all well aware before Amy's lynch that a lynch on the majority is all that matters to make a lynch. So why did you lynch a player that agreed with you? Why did you push back to lynching Amy instead of me? Why are you now up for lynching CKD over me?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:42 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Here was my pool of acceptable lynches yesterday: farside, CDB, CKD, and Amy.

By the end of yesterday, I thought CDB and CKD were bad lynches. Thus I was down to farside and Amy. Nobody wants to kill most likely scum farside, so I go for my other option, Amy, for the reasons stated.

Then today begins up. NOBODY JOINS ME ON FARSIDE FOR NO GOOD GODDAMN REASON. Seriously it's aggravating.

So since that's not gong through, I return to my other two options: CDB and CKD. I don't really know which of them is more likely to be scum than the other, so I vote for CKD since people are actually voting him and at least one of the players (Riddle) who is doing so accepts the fact that if CKD and I am not scum, then farside is scum. Since I know for a fact that I am not scum, and if CKD flips and ends up not being scum, then I at least have one other person I can try to convince that I am actually town and farside is indeed the scum I think she is.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:48 am

Post by Green Crayons »

And the more I think about it since I've voted CKD, the more I think that CDB is least probable to be scum out of CDB, CKD, and farside.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:10 am

In post 2265, Green Crayons wrote:
Since I know for a fact that I am not scum
, and if CKD flips and ends up not being scum, then I at least have one other person I can try to convince that I am actually town and farside is indeed the scum I think she is.

this phrasing is bothering the shit out of me.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:26 am

BOOM!, put this is your (I dont like meta) pipe and smoke it!

In post 1398, Green Crayons wrote:

I would rather see a lynch of a player who I find suspicious (Xtox) though may end up being town, rather than a player who I know for a fact is town (myself).

I skimmed over 8 games using the word "fact" to scan posts from GC...6 of the games he was town and did not use this strange phrase. 2 of the games he was scum...in this last one. he used this phrase as SCUM. Game is closed (overcourse).

GC, can you provide to me a game where as town you said... "I know for a fact I am town" just seems like a strange fucking thing for someone who is "town" to say.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:34 am

Post by Green Crayons »

This is the stupidest argument.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:42 am

In post 2269, Green Crayons wrote:This is the stupidest argument.

sure it is...just give me a game as town where you said this. and I will say..."yep you are right, stupid argument"
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:44 am

there is no reason as town, you should be saying/using "the fact I am town" as reasoning/justification for anything. It is understood, you need to keep saying it. AND THAT is why you dont say the phrase as town in your old games. You give me a game where you said it as town...and I will stand corrected.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:45 am

In post 2271, curiouskarmadog wrote:there is no reason as town, you should be saying/using "the fact I am town" as reasoning/justification for anything. It is understood, you
shouldnt
need to keep saying it. AND THAT is why you dont say the phrase as town in your old games. You give me a game where you said it as town...and I will stand corrected.

bold is correction.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:46 am

could it be I caught a scum-tick you didnt even know you had?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I don't know if you're being willfully ignorant of the context in which the statement was made, or just throwing shit at the wall to avoid being lynched as scum.

I set up a logical progression: Riddle accepts the conclusion that farside is scum if (1) CKD flips town and (2) I am town. I therefore set up the points to get to that conclusion by stating (1) if CKD flips town and (2) I know I am town, thus I will be able to get Riddle to the conclusion.

Return to “Completed Open Games”