Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Green Crayons »

lol
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Yup, that sure is town. Let me tell you what.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:09 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 2299, farside22 wrote:

I don't see him saying anything that implies you as scum. He is saying the case is shit and talking it out. Not hey this case is shit and you are scum.

so his vote on me is saying.....?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:10 am

See above for issue. He has gone from voting me day 4 to voting amy. To pushing me day 5 to voting you. I see this as pushing a scum read to leave me a live in lylo.

just so I know the reference, where did he push you to vote me?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:12 am

Did you notice if there was any other words he used as scum or town when meta searching?

no, I was specifically looking for that phrasing with that intent.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:44 am

Post by farside22 »

@ckd: here was the vot change from me to you.

In post 2197, Green Crayons wrote:UNVOTE: farside
VOTE: CKD

I know for a fact that I am town, and I think I have played less scummy than farside. I will be happy to try to convince you that farside is more likely scum than myself if CKD is in fact town.

Prior he was pushing on me. Here is one thing he said and there was more then this, just need a computer
In post 2184, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2182, Green Crayons wrote:It's the fact that making a lot of noise about voting a scumbuddy and actually voting to lynch a scumbuddy serve the same purpose: distancing. It's just that the former is a safer version of it than the latter, but you're more inclined to believe that the scum took the more anti-win-condition distancing strategy of actually helping to thin their own numbers.

Clarification: It's not that I don't think that scum hasn't bussed this game, it's just that you're more inclined to believe that the scum took the more anti-win-condition distancing strategy of voting-to-lynch
both
of their scum buddies over the notion that scum took other distancing actions that had less impact on their actual numbers.

farside's play looks much more like someone who didn't want to bus (refused to vote Beli despite constantly saying how bad Beli's play was, going so far as to say that either Beli or chaos was scum), but then when the second scum was on the chopping block but shy of a majority vote, thought a bus to push him over the edge would net her town points.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:46 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2302, curiouskarmadog wrote:

I don't see him saying anything that implies you as scum. He is saying the case is shit and talking it out. Not hey this case is shit and you are scum.

so his vote on me is saying.....?

Read GC's comment day 4 I quoted where he was town reading you. Today he's voting you.
I think his vote on you is nothing more the support of riddle's comment.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Riddleton »

I think GC is scummy, too, but would prefer a CKD lynch. I think I said in earlier posts if you have CKD as a scum suspect, even if not the #1 choice, we should lynch him today so he isn't a liability in LyLo.

CKD's push on GC is quite bad even though I do suspect GC myself. I've never used magic 'phrases' in my scumplay but not in my townplay. He's trying to make a case out of thin air and see if it sticks.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:12 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2307, Riddleton wrote:I think GC is scummy, too, but would prefer a CKD lynch. I think I said in earlier posts if you have CKD as a scum suspect, even if not the #1 choice, we should lynch him today so he isn't a liability in LyLo.

CKD's push on GC is quite bad even though I do suspect GC myself. I've never used magic 'phrases' in my scumplay but not in my townplay. He's trying to make a case out of thin air and see if it sticks.

Why does GC keep saying that if CKD is town you'd think I was scum if it wasn't an ulterior motive there?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Now that I have finished up with some work, I can address this.

In post 2284, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2282, farside22 wrote:See this bugs the shit out of me because I don't think CKD is scum and now I'm paranoid you are setting up mislynches for a scum win

And how is this me setting up mislynches?

Nice try there. I noticed you focus on one sentence. I started off saying I'm not scum reading CKD.
Now please explain why you went to lynch Amy and now vote for CKD over me, especially yesterday and how the vote count was looking.
There was 2 votes on me. I was the one pushing Amy the hardest as scum. And from what I have seen, town is stubborn as shit when it comes to scum reads.

1. I focused on the only part of your single sentence that has any point: that I'm "setting up mislynches."
2. You avoid answering my question: how am I setting up mislynches? Great job on avoiding explaining yourself.
3. Whether you think CKD is or isn't scum isn't relevant to you thinking I'm setting up mislynches. Great job on deflecting.
4. I've repeatedly explained why I switched from you to Amy yesterday, and from you to CKD today.
NOBODY WILL VOTE FARSIDE WITH ME. I HAVE MORE THAN ONE SUSPECT IN THE LYNCH POOL. THEREFORE I AM WILLING TO VOTE TO LYNCH OTHERS IN MY LYNCH POOL WHO ARE NOT FARSIDE.
Hey look, I put it in bold and caps. Now you can't pretend you didn't read it, again. (Who am I kidding, I expect the question "why did you switch from farside to Amy, and farside to CKD?" five more times before the game is through.)

In post 2299, farside22 wrote:Did you notice if there was any other words he used as scum or town when meta searching?
In post 2292, curiouskarmadog wrote:confirm
vote green crayons.

nailed you.

man, if someone I supposedly thought was scum, had a case against me that was false, I would at least try to attempt to show that he was either wrong or deliberately scummy. But you are not doing it. Kind of like what you are accusing farside of doing on the scrambles wagon. If you think I am scum, please...show everybody how scummy/wrong I am...please. this is your chance...

1. "Hey did you find any other magic phrases that would show GC is scum?"
2. Coupled with keeping a distance on actually embracing that horrible line of suspicion CKD is pushing.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Green Crayons »

If CDB came in here and said that he wants to vote farside 100%, I will switch in a heartbeat. Since that is unlikely in light of his commentary this entire game, I'm not going to waste my vote on farside while we have people like Titus pushing Riddle of all people and (prior to her not-surprising-in-the-slightest GC suspicions) farside pushing Titus.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:32 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2310, Green Crayons wrote:If CDB came in here and said that he wants to vote farside 100%, I will switch in a heartbeat. Since that is unlikely in light of his commentary this entire game, I'm not going to waste my vote on farside while we have people like Titus pushing Riddle of all people and (prior to her not-surprising-in-the-slightest GC suspicions) farside pushing Titus.

Oh no's! How dare I have a scum read on someone that looks to be wanting to lynch me come lylo and setting that in motion.
Please explain why I should see that as town motive vs scum setting up for the win?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Green Crayons »

If you are actually town, and the only basis for thinking I'm scum is because I think that you're scum, then you are saying I am scum because I am incorrect in reading your alignment.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Which is BS for all the obvious reasons.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 5.05Riddleton: (1) Titus
(L-2)
Green Crayons: (2) Curiouskarmadog , Farside22
(L-2)
Curiouskarmadog : (2) Riddleton, Green Crayons

Not Voting: ChannelDelibird

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-11-25 17:49:00)

Mod Notes:
None
[/area]
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2312, Green Crayons wrote:If you are actually town, and the only basis for thinking I'm scum is because I think that you're scum, then you are saying I am scum because I am incorrect in reading your alignment.

Is that anything I ever said......at all......it is not alignment indicative to think a player is scummy it is how you are setting it up that looks scummy.

Maybe you missed it when I referenced your vote on me then on Amy or the vote you placed on me and then Ckd.

I seriously doubt you missed where I got my conclusion.
:roll:

In post 2309, Green Crayons wrote:Now that I have finished up with some work, I can address this.

In post 2284, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2282, farside22 wrote:See this bugs the shit out of me because I don't think CKD is scum and now I'm paranoid you are setting up mislynches for a scum win

And how is this me setting up mislynches?

Nice try there. I noticed you focus on one sentence. I started off saying I'm not scum reading CKD.
Now please explain why you went to lynch Amy and now vote for CKD over me, especially yesterday and how the vote count was looking.
There was 2 votes on me. I was the one pushing Amy the hardest as scum. And from what I have seen, town is stubborn as shit when it comes to scum reads.

1. I focused on the only part of your single sentence that has any point: that I'm "setting up mislynches."
2. You avoid answering my question: how am I setting up mislynches? Great job on avoiding explaining yourself.
3. Whether you think CKD is or isn't scum isn't relevant to you thinking I'm setting up mislynches. Great job on deflecting.
4. I've repeatedly explained why I switched from you to Amy yesterday, and from you to CKD today.
NOBODY WILL VOTE FARSIDE WITH ME. I HAVE MORE THAN ONE SUSPECT IN THE LYNCH POOL. THEREFORE I AM WILLING TO VOTE TO LYNCH OTHERS IN MY LYNCH POOL WHO ARE NOT FARSIDE.
Hey look, I put it in bold and caps. Now you can't pretend you didn't read it, again. (Who am I kidding, I expect the question "why did you switch from farside to Amy, and farside to CKD?" five more times before the game is through.)

In regards to points 1-4:
This isn't fucking illogical at all. I stated a town read on CKD and I know I'm town. Therefore setting up mislynches. I could be wrong about CKD but when you keep voting me and then vote the next biggest fucking wagon I seriously doubt that town read on CKD.

In post 2299, farside22 wrote:Did you notice if there was any other words he used as scum or town when meta searching?
In post 2292, curiouskarmadog wrote:confirm
vote green crayons.

nailed you.

man, if someone I supposedly thought was scum, had a case against me that was false, I would at least try to attempt to show that he was either wrong or deliberately scummy. But you are not doing it. Kind of like what you are accusing farside of doing on the scrambles wagon. If you think I am scum, please...show everybody how scummy/wrong I am...please. this is your chance...

1. "Hey did you find any other magic phrases that would show GC is scum?"
2. Coupled with keeping a distance on actually embracing that horrible line of suspicion CKD is pushing.

How this convo should be going:

Farside: I asked for a simple reason.

GC: Why did you ask farside

Farside: Well GC, thanks for asking. I asked my question because a game not to long ago I referenced a player and the words they used as a scum tell. It wasn't just one word or phrase, which was why I asked CKD if there was something more.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:26 pm

started thinking about all the reasons I think GC is scum.
In post 2201, curiouskarmadog wrote:furthermore, how the fuck do you know that farside will be around to try to convince riddleton of anything?

vote GC.

thought this out a bit more.

not sure GC scum, given Riddle's proclamation would keep Riddle around to a lylo situation with farside.

this isnt as scummy as I once thought in retrospect.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:31 pm

In post 2307, Riddleton wrote:I think GC is scummy, too, but would prefer a CKD lynch. I think I said in earlier posts if you have CKD as a scum suspect, even if not the #1 choice, we should lynch him today so he isn't a liability in LyLo.

here is the crux of our situation.

if i am wrong about GC..AND we lynch him. I am going to lylo. and we lose.

unvote, vote CKD.

I really just dont want to be in this particular game at Lylo. here is the thing, I really want to win this game. I have put too much time into the game (as a replacement) to lose.

somebody finish me off please.

Riddle is right, is you have even the slightest thought I might be scum, dont keep me around. it will be an up hill battle for us to win.

(on a side note: Riddle you do understand that if I was scum, there is no way you would have made it to LYLO, right?)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:32 pm

somebody hammer.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:50 pm

Post by Riddleton »

Farside, hammer please
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Riddle if you do end up being scum, well played.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by Riddleton »

Thanks CKD. I just hope I can rely on someone to vote, like, GC or Titus in LyLo.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Riddleton »

LyLos are fun in mafia, I think though. It's kind of like the nail-biting finale to a good book or film. You've come so far, you've met many aquaintences and enemies alike, and all your work so far rests on one final encounter. Will you survive victorious or ultimately fall at the last hurdle? :D
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2320, curiouskarmadog wrote:Riddle if you do end up being scum, well played.

QFT.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

So, Riddle, is CKD putting himself at L-1 still part of his gambit?

If he's scum, he's literally relying solely upon WIFOM to stop his lynch. There's at least one more likely candidate for today - myself - that he could probably convince at least Titus to join over Riddle, to add to his and farside's votes.

Like, it's a pretty bad scum strategy.

Return to “Completed Open Games”