Android: Netrunner: The Living Card Game

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:33 am

Post by Patrick »

I've only played online so I don't pay much attention to what's in each box, but looking at the cards I would say C&C has alot more substance than Study in Static. C&C seems to add alot to HB and Shapers, and alot of important neutral cards as well.

Probably the most important card in Study in Static would be Deus-X, but that's only really strong when facing Jinteki.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:41 am

Post by Oman »

C&C is a "deluxe expansion" and has some amazing cards.

It enables a lot of decks. More expensive than Data Packs though.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:56 am

Post by mykonian »

stimhack.com has a rather big list of decklists that won tournaments, through time and they give what data packs were out. Just keep in mind that it's not only the cards that limit the invention of new decks, it's also the players.

EDIT: hi patrick. Also c&c was the HB-shaper big box. Still, given the nature of shaper, there's a lot of great supporting cards, also a couple of the neutrals support strategies in stead of being the strategy itself. I've heard it say that if you look to buy into netrunner some more, this is the box you could look at (even if it's a deluxe expansion)
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:10 am

Post by InflatablePie »

yeah, I was considering going C&C, but I know I'm probably getting SiS eventually for completion's sake.

was thinking of getting a big box/deluxe expansion for each time I complete a cycle, but it's also expensive... plus I want Mala Tempora/True Colors because most of those cards look fun as shit.

also, sidenote, I played against a Nasir deck last night and that guy seems fun as shit. I was glad I was running NBN with 3 PopUps >_>
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:49 am

Post by mykonian »

It feels like the impact of H&P is comparative less than C&C anyway, and you are right, esspecially mala tempora had some meta defining cards.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:20 am

Post by InflatablePie »

I've been playing Inside Job wrong this entire time and now I feel dumb. I thought 'encountered' included unrezzed ice.

well that's a lot stronger than I already thought it was >_>
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by Patrick »

What a card.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:50 pm

Post by mykonian »

A lot of people get it wrong initially.

Also, it's partly the annoying thing with netrunner. With other games, I tended to make sure I knew the rules in a timely manner, but somehow with netrunner one keeps bumping into situations that don't quite work the way you expected. This week, Patrick had to correct me in that you must take agendas if there's no other cost associated with taking them. I've played that wrong for ages.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:56 pm

Post by Oman »

I thought accessing cards was a "may" condition.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:57 am

Post by mykonian »

yes, you can choose to run a server and not see the cards in it. When you do and if it's an agenda with no associated cost (you aren't playing against jinteki PE, there's no red herrins, it's not an NAPD-Fetal) you must take it.

Like, you never run into that rule. Till you suspect your opponent runs punitives and you just found two three pointers in archives, or if you run kraken.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:18 am

Post by Oman »

Right thanks for the clarity.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:56 pm

Post by Oman »

Missed two games nights in a row thanks to work. Have only been on OCTGN twice. There is a tournament coming up in about ten days that I'd like to play at. If I post my deck lists do you guys mind helping me out? I haven't quite figured them out yet but I think I want to take a Kate and a Jinteki White Tree or Weyland Supermodernism deck.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:06 am

Post by mykonian »

Sure, post what you got.

Also, might help to know what sets are available to you.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Patrick »

As long as you have access to Jackson Howard you'll be fine.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:37 am

Post by mykonian »

classic supermodernism doesn't run it! :D
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by Oman »

:D I'll get this all up including what packs I have in a day or two, couldn't export it from work.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by Oman »

Okay, first, my runner decks. I love value. Value is a thing that I understand. So I'm playing Kate and I'm going to make her work damn it :P

Spoiler: Prepaid Recursion 1

I'm thinking I'll need more burst econ if I want to run toolbox, but I'm hoping the ability to recur my event economies are enough to keep me going.

I don't like Femme. I find her really bulky and expensive and I'd love to run a different killer, but can't think of a good one. I want to run cloak and dagger (and silencer), which has the advantage of much better econ than femme, and allows me to afford multiple runs (indexing into makers, etc), and on a single run puts ever sentry inside breaking range. However, because it's a few cards to get it out, I'll take a sharpshooter just to keep me safe.

Also will prob add Net Celebrity 1- or 2-of if I get that set as a current counter. I do not have plascrete, but am intending to float tags. Scortched Earth will be my bane, nothing really I can do. If I can get plascrete I'll add it. But otherwise I think I just need to keep four cards in my hand and try to keep corps poor. The link should help, but I'm not focused on removing tags. I guess if it's Weyland I'll try to strip them, if it's NBN I'll just wear them.

The idea behind this deck is value and recurring credits. Basically it's about making runs that count (through events) and always having options. I have never played this deck so it's off to OCTGN.

Spoiler: The House
(49 cards)

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World

Agenda (12)
2 False Lead
3 Geothermal Fracking
1 Government Contracts
3 Hostile Takeover
3 Project Atlas

Asset (3)
3 Snare!
••••• •

Operation (18)
3 Anonymous Tip
•••

3 Beanstalk Royalties
2 Closed Accounts
••

3 Hedge Fund
2 Power Shutdown
3 Scorched Earth
2 SEA Source
••••

Barrier (6)
3 Ice Wall
3 Wall of Static

Code Gate (3)
3 Enigma

Sentry (7)
3 Archer
2 Grim
2 Guard

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

The idea behind this is Supermodernism, but it's something I want to play. This is how I feel Weyland should be played: Threatening and speedy. Setting the pace and controlling tempo. The ice is all early game. It's either win on points early, or kill the runner mid to late. I know I need to play it to get the feel, and it's designed to make me aggressive. Because I'm new to Netrunner I never feel safe, so I'm always scared to put agendas in a remote. This deck will make me do that.

Thoughts? I really like the decks, so I'm not looking for major changes, a card here or there would make me happy, but I'm more going for what interests me than the MinMax option.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:09 pm

Post by Patrick »

Not sure which cards you have access to and which you don't at the moment, but looking at both decks...

I think Mimic would be a fine choice for a Sentry breaker if you don't like femme. The inability to boost its own strength is easily compensated for with your datasuckers/parasites and personal touch. I would remove silencer, cloak and dagger and save 2 influence by using mimic - that could be put into having a third lucky find. There might also be an argument for using HQ Interface/RDI Interface for your multi access rather than run events, because you give Modded more useful targets; as it stands I could see it just sitting in your hand for a while until you find something you can install with it.

Supermodernism is fun and teaches alot about decision making in netrunner. The biggest thing I'd suggest would be trying to fit in more economy. Currently you have only 3 hedge fund and 3 beanstalk for money and you're relying on agendas for the rest of it - I think once you get into testing it you'll find yourself too poor most of the time to land scorched. I'd try and find influence somewhere to at least include 3x Green Level Clearance, another operation that benefits from your ID ability and speeds up your game. Apart from that, I'd drop archer down to 1-2 and maybe replace with Caduceus, a good early game piece of ice that can pay for itself immediately after rezzing. If you're playing to win quickly you won't want to sacrifice 3 agendas to rez 3 archers.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Post by mykonian »

That supermodernism list is pretty great. Just one card stands out, really, and that's closed accounts. When they are tagged, they should fear for their life already. And you aren't going to waste a sea source on it reasonably. Since you have false lead, you have access to green level clearance as well, that might be a cooler way of spending your influence, maybe even run 3. It speeds up your game, brings more economy. I don't agree with Patrick on the archers. You are right in bringing three, the game becomes so much easier after an early rezzed archer and you don't want to be in the situation where you cant draw grims/archers.

After that, it's just playing it properly and that deck should have success. (actually, I think putting in a playset of green level clearances comes really close to the deck that made the name).

As for the kate list, I'd have to think about that. Patrick has good suggestions, but it also depends on how much you want to play with dagger. One thing that did stand out was the two parasites. Between the tutors and clone chips, the first has great value. For 2 influence, you'll get 4 uses during one cycle of your deck. The next parasite just adds one. I wouldn't know where to spend that influence yet, but that's a place where you could free it up. Also, you run without code gate breaker. Shaper has 4 legit ones, you must be able to like one :P
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:08 am

Post by mykonian »

ok, thought a little more, also bored.

For the Kate deck: don't float tags, unless in an endgame situation. You are simply way too rich to allow to lose that way. I mean, you could have a plascrete or two in that deck in case the corps econ outruns you significantly, but that's a choice I feel. Patrick is right in that modded is a bit of an odd duck. Prepaid doesn't make it cheaper, and you have limited targets for it. With Kate's ability, basically only the toolbox. That's a little bit awkward. Means you could put in another lucky find (that card is just ridiculous in this deck, even if you recur it with same old thing, should you want to. 3 clicks for 8-9 creds depending on setup is pretty huge) if you managed to free up some influence elsewhere :) Might also pay to have a third SMC, you run a lot of one offs, and it's quite a powerful card early game, putting one down more or less means they won't dare to score behind a single piece of ice.

Another way to go economy wise is how old katman did, is to skip the lucky finds, throw out toolbox, and run two desperados! You'll make money off your runs, which get more powerful off run events, atman/breakers mean you can get in cheap usually, it works against the asset based corps. Probably makes you quite a bit more aggressive. That's a thought, could be fun to play. Less set up, more running!

IDK, you can go so many ways with kate, lots of them are good. I also don't know what your opponents will look like. Deus ex is nice vs jin pe, it helps to be rich your have plascrete against weyland grndl or babw, blue sun can't be the worst matchup for the lucky find build, you have a ton of multi access vs the fast advance corps. You are covering a lot of bases already, it's more a matter of smoothing it out, making all pieces of your deck work together.

I've been looking at the decks at worlds, and you aren't far off them either. But they had a little spread in their intentions.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:45 am

Post by mykonian »

And for comparison: this is the deck I build to test out will o' the wisp when that came out, supermodernism seemed like a decent fit for it. There were a couple more cards in there that made less sense. It's GRNDL because I had been playing BABW right before that, similar theme. One reason why beanstalk is in there, the core was ported straight over from BABW, it's not an ideal card in GRNDL (and the other way around with restructure, that's better in grndl, really), but I stuck with it because GRNDL is more constrained influencewise.

So yeah, don't bother with the wisps, I like them but I don't know about others who are playing that, so they are probably just a curiosity. Agenda and ice wise it's pretty much where you ended up.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:09 am

Post by Patrick »

mykonian wrote:I don't agree with Patrick on the archers. You are right in bringing three, the game becomes so much easier after an early rezzed archer and you don't want to be in the situation where you cant draw grims/archers.

On reflection I think it's more that I think Caduceus is very good rather than thinking Archer is bad, but still I don't think I'd bring 3. There's already alot in the deck that's conditional on other things happening (closed accounts, scorched earth, even power shutdown), and I think with 3 you risk archer being dead in your hand some of the time too. I might be wrong, I don't have that much experience playing this type of deck.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Oman »

Ugh. I don't have false lead. Okay restructuring both of these with your advice.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by Patrick »

Now that you mention it, restructure isn't a bad card either :D
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 223, Patrick wrote:Now that you mention it, restructure isn't a bad card either :D

I was thinking about it, just not sure it was worth the space.

Return to “The Arcade”