Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:48 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I'll go compile a votecount, starting from where the other guy (Sorry I forgot who did the last one) left off.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:50 am

Post by Guardian »

@Xdaamno, yeah I read your ta-da out of context, I assumed ONE post had been made while I was writing mine, not ten.

@OTM, Yeah the fist one is meant to be SIA.

I like your suggested setup with me as director, but I would make a few changes.

Director: Guardian - well if I am director, can't disagree here.
Deputy: UltimaAvalon - I agree, I think UA has a level head, is healthily suspicious of me, and of others, and is likely pro-town.
SIA: Spambot - OK, perfect for the position.
SIA: YogurtBandit - I trust YB more than this, I think White House liaison cannot do that much harm and I think having him there would be better than having him here.
Counterintelligence Agent: Albert B. Rampage - Albert I think is very likely town, I don't think we need him in the CIA position, the FBI position is the "very likely town" cop whereas CIA is "maybe town" cop
Crypto: OffTheMark - I agree. You are likely town in my eyes. Yos makes good points, though.
Crypto: Korran - I agree, very likely town in my eyes.
Field Agent/Bodyguard on OTM: Xdaamno - Yeah, I feel pretty good about that one too.
Field Agent/Bodyguard on counterintelligence agent: Yos - I feel this is a waste of Yos's ability if he is town. I would move him to CIA/SIA.
White House: Eyecking - I think YB is better suited here; though I would be OK with Eyecking
FBI: CTD - I don't trust him this much, I would move him to CIA/SIA instead.
NSA: ChannelDeliBird - I don't trust him this much, I would move him to SIA probably, or even bodyguard for such lurking.

Result:

Director: Guardian
Deputy: UltimaAvalon
SIA: Spambot
SIA: CTD
Counterintelligence Agent: Yos
Crypto: OffTheMark
Crypto: Korran
Field Agent/Bodyguard on OTM or Korran: Xdaamno
Field Agent/Bodyguard on counterintelligence agent: CDB
White House: YB
FBI: Albert
NSA: Eyecking

Xd, you still want me to comment on all the positions? I am willing to if yes.

The above presumes those are the roles that we want me to assign. I would be open to moving an SIA to a different role, and maybe we only need one Field Agent as well.

Thoughts?

@Yos - if you get director, I am somewhat resigned to being deputy. I don't think this makes sense, I don't think it is a good idea, but you claim you see me as very scummy and if that is true then deputy makes perfect sense... I disagree that you want more trusted as CIA and less as FBI, I think it is the other way around. Screwing up codes seems like it would be much harder to do than straight out lying, as the FBI agent could do.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:55 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Thanks to guardian/pooky/ultima for the original.

VC:

6 Yosarian(CDB, EyceKing, Spambot, Yosarian, Albert)
5 Guardian(Guardian, YogurtBandit, Korran, OTM)
2 CTD(CTD, Xdaamno)

Is 7 the electing number? If not, I'll vote Yos. Didn't realise I was still on CTD.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Guardian »

five people are beside Yos, and four beside me, yet our totals are that + 1. Explain?

I think 7 is the electing number.
Do not lynch me.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:01 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Xd, you still want me to comment on all the positions? I am willing to if yes.
No, this was a little more detailed, which is cool.

Still, the main problem here is X players think Y are scummy and Y players think X are scummy, apparently. You've made good points, but I'll be honest I think you've chosen the wrong choices to bodyguard; I doubt those guys are going to be scumtargets, so...

Oh, they're cryptos. I see what you've done there.

I'm afraid, as
stupid
as I'm being by doing this, I don't really want to be bodyguard. I know someone gotta to do and from your POV I'd be a good candidate, but if I'm bodyguard I'm either useless/dead/lynched (They don't get killed/I take the bullet/I refuse to bodyguard respectivly), and to be honest, I'd hate missing out on a game this good. It's just hard for me to agree to something we're I'm forfeiting my position in this game.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Guardian wrote:five people are beside Yos, and four beside me, yet our totals are that + 1. Explain?

I think 7 is the electing number.
Hm. I counted from Ultima's last VC... apparently It's 5/4/2 then? *screwed up*

5/4/2 should be right... in that case

Vote: Yosarian

, Making it 6/4/2
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:07 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

It takes 1 hour to reassign a role, so if the Director reassigns in hour 1 it will be effective at the beginning of hour 2.

Cryptos can't decrypt more than 1 transmission at a time, they can however have stored multiple messages.

Updated Votecount

6 Yosarian(Albert B. Rampage, CDB, EyceKing, Spambot, Xdaamno, Yosarian)
4 Guardian(Guardian, Korran, OffTheMark, YogurtBandit)
1 CTD(CTD)
1 UltimaAvalon(UltimaAvalon)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Thanks, Pooky -_-'

Also, can messages be sent to multiple cryptos?
Cracking Idea Mafia
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Guardian, you're still missing the fact that CIA/SIA have the ability to falsify information. So we don't want suspicious players there either. In my setup, I intentionally put players in the CIA/SIA roles who I thought were mostly trustworthy. The players in the liaison roles (besides FBI) and the Field Agent roles was where I stuck the suspicious ones.

We don't exactly know the mechanics of how CIA/SIA roles will pass on false info, but according to the instructions, they can. So what will happen is we'll get a piece of intel that will turn out to be false and then we have to figure out if the crypto or the CIA/SIA is responsible for falsifying it.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:14 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

A message can only be sent to one crypto.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Off the Mark »

SIA: YogurtBandit - I trust YB more than this, I think White House liaison cannot do that much harm and I think having him there would be better than having him here.
Why do you want to put a player you trust in a position where he "can't do much harm"? I think you got confused here. SIA is a good spot for a player you trust. White House is good for someone you don't.
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:18 am

Post by Eyceking »

Oh dear goodness you fellas went mad while I was at work. OK, to reading...
What are you pressing select for? You don't got time to make a profile!
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Eyceking »

Alright, for the large part this has been a whole load of speculation on where to throw people. All I know is that I think Field Agents are a good place to throw people I trust the least. The Director (obvo) someone I think is town. I'm wavering on whether Yos is the best choice... but I have no immediate replacement, and there is plenty of time to think about it.

Unvote

We need intuitive players for the role that investigates people (I'm having trouble remembering all the special names) and roles that can be easily manipulated by scum need to be filled so that the presence of a scum player is offset by the likely to be larger presence of townie players.

These are my feelings.
What are you pressing select for? You don't got time to make a profile!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:54 am

Post by Guardian »

Off the Mark wrote:
Why do you want to put a player you trust in a position where he "can't do much harm"? I think you got confused here. SIA is a good spot for a player you trust. White House is good for someone you don't.
Well, I think both are good for people you trust, but I think the SIA is better for lest trustworthy people because all they do is get code results of text players send the mod. I trust YB, but many players don't, and I think that White House is a good intermediate level of trust; you need someone you trust to relay the intel, but there is not much you can do at the White House position that would really hose the town if you happen to be scum.
Do not lynch me.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Guardian - see my emphasis added in bold
Pooky wrote: Signals Intelligence Analyst(2):

Signals Intelligence Analysts are able to monitor outgoing transmissions of suspected terrorists, they are able to monitor outgoing transmissions sent from any system on the network or a suspected terrorist outside the network. Translation: they choose either a player in the game or a suspected terrorist outside the game, they then receive all communications coming from the monitored player(this only includes choices made to the moderator or questions asked to the moderator) or terrorist.

Signals intercepts will be in the form of a code that must then be passed on to the Cryptography division to check.

Beware of putting a terrorist in this position!
He may falsify a intercept in code that will then lead to faulty intel!
I'm not sure why you keep ignoring this. Clearly the SIA and CIA are not simply passing a code onto a crypto.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Guardian »

Well, to be honest, I want to hear more about this. If the code is something like XYUFsku342fnk, I find it hard to believe that the scum could falsify it meaningfully. Also, whoever was being falsified against would certainly challenge the crypto/SIA, casting doubt onto the message's truthfulness and the crypto/SIA's alignment.
Do not lynch me.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

We can ask the cryptos what the code is like when they get it, which would probably be safe.
Cracking Idea Mafia
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Guardian wrote:
Off the Mark wrote:
Well, I think both are good for people you trust, but I think the SIA is better for lest trustworthy people because all they do is get code results of text players send the mod. I trust YB, but many players don't, and I think that White House is a good intermediate level of trust; you need someone you trust to relay the intel, but there is not much you can do at the White House position that would really hose the town if you happen to be scum.
Actually, White House can't do anything, and That's wasting a position there. I dont know if there are any others, but You're wasting a posistion puttind someone on White House.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote:Well, to be honest, I want to hear more about this. If the code is something like XYUFsku342fnk, I find it hard to believe that the scum could falsify it meaningfully. Also, whoever was being falsified against would certainly challenge the crypto/SIA, casting doubt onto the message's truthfulness and the crypto/SIA's alignment.
Then Pooky's warning wouldn't make any sense. I would guess that the SIA has the option to change the message the crypto gets in some meaningless way (or perhaps only has that option if the SIA is scum). We'll know more once we actually have someone in that position, but for now, I'm assuming that a scum SIA would be able to fake whatever kind of result he wanted. So then the next hour, the crypto would say "Ok, player X told the mod to kill Y", we'd lynch X, X would be town, and we still wouldn't know if it was the crypto or the SIA messing with us. I'm not even sure if we'd know which SIA sent which message to which crypto, which could mix things up even more.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Oh come on...I go to bed and yall generate like...5 new pages?
Xdaamno wrote:I'm actually interested in a few opinions of myself
You're avatar is from N Game. I have no qualms against you good sir. any ill suspiscions of you I have are based on early, dynamic, yet relentless attacks on a man who pings both sides of my scumdar.
CTD wrote:I know both Albert B. Rampage and UltimaAvalon are playing other games in Coney Island, and think there is a distinct possibility that at least one of the late-comers did not post deliberately to set up this townie claim.
I wasn't in any other Coney Island games until yesterday, when BM sent my role in Chinese New Year Mafia, and saw this game whilst looking for it. But enough of that. I agree that 3 people borders on the unlikely of people strategically lurking and inconveniently ignorant.
CTD wrote:If the town tells the bodyguard to protect person X, he has no choice but to comply. If the guy he protected dies, we lynch him.
And then we still lose a vital person, and all the progress on whatever he was working on.

XD and Korran, either quit your bickering or get a divorce plzkthx

I just sort of noticed that Guardian objected Yos's idea of a cop investigation on him would be a waste of time, as he's town, but if he's Director, he wants an investigation on Yos.......

A wag of my finger to the guy who wants Yos to be a bodyguard. Shame on you.

Another wag of my finger to the fellow who said White House liaisons are useless. They make things go faster and throw money at people. This is always good

@ the whole Crypto/SIA/CIA code falsifying thing. The way I see it is that terrorists must know the code. When a scum SIA or CIA gets a code, he can change it to whatever he wants.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by Spambot »

Now that the lurkers are playing, the game is really starting to take off. Sorry for bringing up an old post, but I like responding as I catch up.
Off the Mark wrote: Yos: you need to accept the possibility that I simply believe the things I am saying. It seems counter-intuitive for you to believe I am scum because I am trying to look innocent. That is WIFOM to the extreme.
We have absolutely no reason to just take your word that you mean what you say. There is no good reason to think that you aren't lying scum, and you need to seriously drop this "I lurked for a week so I am confirmed" stuff. It might make you look better, but it does not confirm you at all.

And it's not at all WIFOM. Scum try very hard to look innocent, and that separates them from town. Townies don't try to look innocent because they ARE innocent; scum are the ones worried about how they look.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by Spambot »

Korran wrote:Fuck you if you don't beleive me nobody ever does.I wish I never found this fucking site!!
If you're going to bring shit like this into the game, I would suggest that you ask to be replaced. I am not going to put up with players acting like that.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Mod: Give Spambot receives a Win-flavored Cookie
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Spambot »

Alright, finished catching up. General thoughts.

I'm very glad that almost everybody is actively participating now. I was really worried about what the dead weight was going to do once the game really started.

I don't necessarily buy everybody that has effectively claimed vanilla. I think maybe the first one or two who said it might be telling the truth, but I don't believe that they are all town.

I still think Yos is the best choice for director. His analysis with assigned roles mirrored my thoughts a lot, and I feel like he has been the least actively pursuing the role out of those with votes. The way Guardian was pushing for being director still bothers me, but his posts haven't been too suspicious other than that.

People I think might actually be scum at this point:

Korran - I hate the newb defense. I think that if somebody acts scummy and dumb, then they are probably both. I've seen too many bad scum get away with that. That said, he hasn't done too much scummy yet. I think it is very important to put him in a weak role, because I don't trust his judgement even if he is town.

Yogurt - Feels like he has been lurking in plain sight a little. Mostly a gut feeling.

OTM - Like Yos pointed out, I don't like how hard he has been pushing that showing up late makes him confirmed. Yes, technically you were calling Albert confirmed, but that is implying that you are too. I think you might be scum who knew he was town and are trying to get on his good side, especially with the small push to get him elected.

Game theory is cool, but I think it'd be awesome if people actually tried hunting scum a little, too. The scum probably love that they can talk away and look like they are helping without really playing.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by Spambot »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Mod: Give Spambot receives a Win-flavored Cookie
Mmmm... tastes like
win.