NY 177: Simple Complexity (GAME OVER: Scum Wins!)

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5100 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:23 pm

Post by Marquis »

it was a java assignment.

i like python a lot better. fuck my syntax errors

also i'm exhausted and will drop in tomorrow night, with much less hw to do. sorry for the delays, and please believe me when i say it has nothing to do with my alignment. you could say i'm scum stalling. but lylo is stressful as town too and i simply don't have the time tonight anyway. later.
link in bio
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5101 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:48 am

Post by Skybird »

Seriously, it's OK. I don't want to rush through this last day only to screw it up.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5102 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:21 am

Post by Marquis »

I'm on my phone and browsing through Day 1. Expect something tonight, I think I'm pretty sure what's up
link in bio
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5103 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Skybird »

House, what are your thoughts?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5104 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by House »

I don't get where Maria thinks he is so obvtown, but I missed a lot of the game.

I don't see you being scum because of the comment Wake made, but that could just be rose colored glasses on my part.

I haven't had a ton of time to engage through all the posts in this thread, and that's not going to change any time soon.

I'm having to cut back on the number of games I'm in because work is chaotic right now and I am slim on time.

I'm waiting to see what Marquis has to say before I make up my mind. Last time I didn't wait didn't turn out so well for town.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5105 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by House »

Oops... Maria = Marquis. Sorry

Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5106 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:46 am

Post by Skybird »

Thanks House.

Marquis, I'm waiting on anything else you have to say.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5107 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:43 am

Post by Skybird »

House's unvote definitely feels town to me. He unvoted even before I got back to the thread after the day started. I also don't think scum would come in and throw down a vote right at the start of day. Scum would want to hold off until town voted for town.

Marquis pointing out that there could be a quick hammer seems town. But it could also have been scum trying to get out of being lynched.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5108 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Skybird »

I re-read Alina's ISO and I don't see scum there. I also checked wiki to see what it said about the bomb role as I've not seen that role yet. House's play and claim seem genuine to me.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5109 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:56 am

Post by House »

In post 5107, Skybird wrote:
Marquis pointing out that there could be a quick hammer seems town. But it could also have been scum trying to get out of being lynched.

Aneinen actually did that very thing in my last completed game and wound up winning because of it.

He was scum.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5110 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:58 am

Post by House »

Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5111 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Skybird »

Thanks for the link House.

I checked Marquis' activity and he hasn't posted since the 20th. Come back and play Marquis so we can finish this game one way or the other.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5112 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Marquis »

Heading to dinner. Phoneposting for a bit. Activity low because work, short bursts for a while
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5113 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:15 pm

Post by Marquis »

house that's not a valid reason to scumread me because what I did is pretty much what every. single. town. has to do effectively to avoid a quick wrong lylo loss. don't use one exception of it being done by scum as evidence otherwise

I'm not mafia because [insert all of Pine's case here]. go through that again, it's a good analysis of the gamestate

Majiffy wouldn't list only his scumbuddies as his 3 lynch options. Not to mention, as has been noted by pretty much everyone lately who's been nightkilled, Majiffy was listing Psyche and Aero as scumreads but only ever actually pushing me as a viable lynch. That's like the most basic visible scum-town interaction

lastly house you're so hung up on the mason claim but you keep ignoring how it's practically suicide for me to do as scum with an actual scumpartner, and as we've already made clear I'm not a bad scumplayer. how it went down with me claiming masons with psyche, psyche being silent and confused instead of corroborating it as he would if we were actually scumpartners, and majiffy basically going "THEY'RE LYING" indicates that the mason claim pair is town-scum. if we were both scum there's no way any scum would be the first to actively cast doubt about TWO of his scumpartners' claims; again, majiffy went after ME for that claim, and not psyche. it took him a while to realize that if he was going to go after me, he had to superficially add psyche on to his scumreads as well (but again never really pushed psyche strongly, only me, the actual mislynch)

as for who's actually scum here, I'm pretty sure it's Skybird.

before last night I was thinking it was her, because of the PoE thing and because house had read town to me more or less for a while, though i'll admit it's not that strong now and it wasn't that strong at the end of yesterday.

however, seeing the pine kill was surprising. i fully expected to be nightkilled myself, because people were suspecting pine and i had thought the majiffy/psyche/shaddow interactions made me obvtown. i initially thought then that house was scum trying to get me to vote skybird like i had said i probably would, but then he voted right away which freaked me out.

now i'm not too sure, but if i had to go one way it'd be voting skybird.

one of my biggest issues today with her is that she's being way too nice-sounding and doesn't sound like how i expect town to...tbc
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5114 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 5051, Skybird wrote:I agree with Marquis.

VOTE: shaddowez

this was more likely a scum end-day-now hammer than a town one- it's easy to cite another's case as either alignment, like i did with pine's case for me being town (and i'm town). but what she did here unlike me is providing no original thoughts about it of her own, and it's easy to hide everything behind a simple "i agree"
link in bio
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5115 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by House »

A lot of this stuff with you happened before I replaced in, and I admit I haven't done my homework as much as I should have. I will go back and start reading up on that now.

The last time I jumped to conclusions and quick-voted ended terribly for town and wound up alienating somebody that could have been interesting to pay games with in the future, and I don't want to repeat that mistake if at all possible.

Sorry for following my gut, I'm not nearly experienced enough for it to be reliable yet.

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5116 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 5091, Skybird wrote:
Wake, you have vote count 7.1 copied in where VC 6.4 should be. Could you fix that please?

In post 5095, Skybird wrote:That's the big question.

When you look at the lynch VC's, there's at least one where Jiffy voted Marquis as a lone vote or with one other person. That's one thing I want to look at again.

skybird needs to come back to this and actually report on what she's apprently so concerned with. i don't see how this is relevant
In post 5097, Skybird wrote:Thanks Wake!

fluff
In post 5099, Skybird wrote:No worries marquis. We have time. What's your assignment in?

fluff
In post 5101, Skybird wrote:Seriously, it's OK. I don't want to rush through this last day only to screw it up.

fluff/appeasement
In post 5103, Skybird wrote:House, what are your thoughts?

this shouldn't be important to town in lylo. scum are more concerned about other players' thoughts, whereas town is more concerned about actually figuring out who is scum, as i've been doing and as house looks to have been doing
In post 5106, Skybird wrote:Thanks House.

Marquis, I'm waiting on anything else you have to say.

appeasement/fluff/posting for the sake of posting
In post 5107, Skybird wrote:House's unvote definitely feels town to me. He unvoted even before I got back to the thread after the day started. I also don't think scum would come in and throw down a vote right at the start of day. Scum would want to hold off until town voted for town.

like shaddowez, keeping all other players as lynch options at her fingertips depending on how the cards fall. except this time she's calling us both town, with me being very slightly less? i think?
In post 5108, Skybird wrote:I re-read Alina's ISO and I don't see scum there. I also checked wiki to see what it said about the bomb role as I've not seen that role yet. House's play and claim seem genuine to me.

not sure what to think of this. i don't really believe the bomb claim, which is what irks me about house. but other than that, i thought his play was more bad!town than scum. again, not sure how to interpret this regarding skybird.
In post 5111, Skybird wrote:Thanks for the link House.

I checked Marquis' activity and he hasn't posted since the 20th. Come back and play Marquis so we can finish this game one way or the other.

maybe it's just me but the multitude of "thanks" and other overly patient-sounding statements are screaming scum to me. it's like, i can't feel any genuine sense of urgency from you at all regarding the fact that we're in lylo and could lose with a wrong vote. it's not that i have a problem with your attitude toward mafia in general, but i do have a problem with how if you're town and since you actually have more consistent activity, you should be focusing more on scumhunting than doing the same thing as shaddowez did- asking questions with limited analysis followup, being passive in a high-risk scenario, etc. :/ the thing that gives me pause from voting you besides house's claim, is that i'm not sure if i'm horribly wrong and this is just how you play in general. if you could give me a link to a completed game of yours, that'd really help.
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5117 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 5115, House wrote:The last time I jumped to conclusions and quick-voted ended terribly for town and wound up alienating somebody that could have been interesting to pay games with in the future, and I don't want to repeat that mistake if at all possible.

when you say things like this what i'm trying to figure out is if that had enough of an impact on you to stop doing that and you're actually scum here for how this day started out, or if you're town who can't learn a lesson/still overconfident. i'm trying to figure it out. i'm having a hard time with it.
link in bio
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5118 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by House »

In post 5117, Marquis wrote:
In post 5115, House wrote:The last time I jumped to conclusions and quick-voted ended terribly for town and wound up alienating somebody that could have been interesting to pay games with in the future, and I don't want to repeat that mistake if at all possible.

when you say things like this what i'm trying to figure out is if that had enough of an impact on you to stop doing that and you're actually scum here for how this day started out, or if you're town who can't learn a lesson/still overconfident. i'm trying to figure it out. i'm having a hard time with it.

I've a shit memory and it didn't Dan on me what I was doing until your post following my vote, when I got all like, "oh shit, not again..."

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5119 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by House »

Dan = dawn

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5120 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by Marquis »

okay.
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5121 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Post by Marquis »

idk if i believe that, but there's got to be a vote sooner or later.

and with how i'm seeing skybird right now, it's probably going to be for her. i don't think i'll really be able to see the gamestate another way no matter what she says, pre-emptive "sorry" to this whole town if i'm wrong...
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5122 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Post by Marquis »

VOTE: skybird
link in bio
Marquis