Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:16 pm

Post by fferyllt »

actually if there is a ninja, maybe that explains why scum haven't killed scripten. if I were on a scum team with that ability, I'd assume watcher and/or tracker, and I'd probably stay away from the obv target so's not to give away that there's a ninja.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:32 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1782, Pine wrote:I'm the PR. I Tracked BBT to dead!Beck

BBT + ffery. Calling it

Lol.

You didn't track me going anywhere. Tracker and watcher in the same game is laughable. I'm a little concerned that Ffery hasn't voted for Pine yet, do you really think both of those roles are plausible in this game?

VOTE: Pine

I'm also seriously contemplating whether Scripten is town. I'm not sure how he thought neighbourizing somebody would make him confirmed town to anybody.

I also know that neighbourizers are usually scum when 3 or more people are involved in the neighbourhood but I don't know how they work in Micros.

Will have to re-read the game to see interactions between Scripten and Pine.

I know Pine is lying, which pretty much means Ffery is confirmed town for me. Math is town because of his reaction test yesterDay as well.

That leaves scum being Scripten/Pine by PoE.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:35 am

Post by Mathdino »

^This is an effort to bus his partner before he dies.

BBT, don't you get it? If Scripten is scum (a goddamn scum neighborizer, highly powerful), and if Pine is scum, we have ONE PR and that's a watcher. Scripten/Pine is impossible because that'd make the setup absolute shit.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:39 am

Post by fferyllt »

Plausible is a strong term. remotely possible and this is lylo.

Part of what is keeping me a little cray here is that on the one hand I can see Mathdino as a partner to Pine, but I can't see anyone else as a partner to you besides Scripten.

Beck could have been killed to frame you, though, which would make Mathdino's push make more sense.

Idic
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:44 am

Post by Mathdino »

Why can't you see Pine/BBT?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:47 am

Post by fferyllt »

because this.

In post 1837, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1836, Mathdino wrote:What new info? Beck didn't want to be on the Grib lynch, he wanted a BBT lynch. He made this very clear; BBT or bust.

Consider: If scum killed Scripten, we'd have {Beck, BBT, Pine, fferyllt, Mathdino}. From your standpoint, assuming you're town and BBT's town, scum would be Pine/Mathdino. Now, Pine/Mathdino would want Beck to throw down a vote on BBT.
So that means town succeeding relies on you convincing Beck to not be a dumbass and vote out of the gate, or Beck having a total change of heart, which would make no sense because killing Scripten gives no new info.
Does that seem like a sensible expectation for scum to consider?

If this is so, then either Pine threw BBT under the bus BEFORE scripten claimed for me, or Pine isn't scum.

which seems pretty implausible.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:48 am

Post by fferyllt »

And your ironclad case for beck being killed because BBT is scum also hits that "NKed beck to frame BBT" note.

Idic
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:49 am

In post 1852, Mathdino wrote:If Scripten is scum (a goddamn scum neighborizer, highly powerful), and if Pine is scum, we have ONE PR and that's a watcher. Scripten/Pine is impossible because that'd make the setup absolute shit.

I don't think a neighbourizer is 'highly powerful'. In fact, from the games I have played and games I have read, a neighbourizer/neighbourhood usually causes a lot of paranoia.

A game I finished not long ago caused town serious trouble because of an all-town neighbourhood and nobody believing it. Town literally tore themselves apart. If Mod thought that a neighbourizer would create that same kind of dynamic in this game, then the game appears more balanced, no?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:51 am

Post by fferyllt »

Mathdino, what is your reasoning for Pine/BBT making sense as a scum team?

Idic
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:52 am

Post by Pine »

Wtf claiming pr on scumbuddy in LYLO? No. Pull your head out of your ass, Math.

PE: Neighborizer is a weak role specifically because it doesn't do what you just said. Stop inventing a Scripten case. You're caught!scum
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:02 am

In post 1859, Pine wrote:
PE: Neighborizer is a weak role specifically because it doesn't do what you just said.

Actually, the majority of the time, it does exactly what I said it does.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:02 am

Post by Pine »

Mod-created neighborhoods do. Player-created neighborhoods don't
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:06 am

The Mod put a neighbourizer into the game. Neighbourizers usually cause paranoia, especially within a neighbourhood.

It makes no difference whether mod created or player created.

I'm waiting to see why Scripten thought it would confirm him as town to neighbourize someone as well.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:11 am

Post by Mathdino »

Neighborizer is one of the most powerful roles out there for whatever alignment. Scum uses it to cause paranoia, town uses it to get reads and orchestrate reaction tests behind the scenes.
And you're claiming it's a negative utility role. Hell no.

Now if Scripten is scum, you're right, neighborizers cause paranoia. And this is balanced out by... a lone watcher?

If you're right, this game's setup is shit, and I do not believe AA9 would do that.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:18 am

In post 1863, Mathdino wrote:
Now if Scripten is scum, you're right, neighborizers cause paranoia. And this is balanced out by... a lone watcher?

Wait, I feel like you
know
Scripten is town! from this sentence.

Neighbourizers only cause paranoia if they're scum you say. How do you know Scripten isn't scum?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:20 am

Post by Mathdino »

Because balance. Read my post.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:26 am

You have a lot of experience modding balanced games?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:28 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1859, Pine wrote:Wtf claiming pr on scumbuddy in LYLO? No. Pull your head out of your ass, Math.

One word: Towncred.

In post 1858, fferyllt wrote:Mathdino, what is your reasoning for Pine/BBT making sense as a scum team?

It makes more sense than FinnLaw having been scum with BBT. Once I'm confirmed town you'll have no choice but to see Pine/BBT anyway so you'll understand my apathy as to creating a case.
I'll look over BBT later and tell ya what I find.

Edit: I know that Neighborizer is super goddamn powerful in the hands of a good player and I know that 1 town PR against a Neighborizer who everyone will assume is town anyway is shit.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:35 am

In post 1867, Mathdino wrote:
Edit: I know that Neighborizer is super goddamn powerful in the hands of a good player and I know that 1 town PR against a Neighborizer who everyone will assume is town anyway is shit.

Sigh. Neighbourizer is not a powerful role.

This is exactly my point. You're taking everyone thinking Scripten is confirmed town based on his role for granted. For example, if one or two people questioned why Scripten thought he was confirmed town based on being a neighbourizer (which is not a confirmable town-role) it's very easy to see how confusion and paranoia could have ensued from that.

Why would everyone assume Scripten is town based on being a neighbourizer? That doesn't make sense.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:40 am

Post by Mathdino »

Scripten: Can you target players who are already in the neighbourhood? Can you self target?

If scum decide to kill me tonight, I have a plan that might work. Flip a coin between targeting me and fferyllt, and have Pine track you. If he gets it wrong, he's scum.

Edit: Neighborizer is powerful enough to get both fferyllt AND Pine to 'claim first'. Neighborizer is powerful to get reads on people. Neighborizer is powerful to organise reaction tests on people. Neighborizer is powerful to get claims out of people. Neighborizer is powerful if only to get a notes thread where you can almost talk freely.
It's a damn powerful role in the hands of the right people, and I'd say it rivals a good number of investigative roles.

I assume he's town because if he's not town, AA9 is bad at setup. 2v7 with just a watcher is just laughable.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:45 am

Post by Mathdino »

BBT YOU NIMROD

If Scripten were scum he'd have hammered you!
In what universe is BBT's suspicion legitimate?!
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:47 am

Post by Mathdino »

The possible scumteams objectively right now:
Scripten/BBT
Pine/BBT
Pine/Mathdino
BBT/fferyllt

Literally nothing else is possible.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:08 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1868, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1867, Mathdino wrote:

Sigh. Neighbourizer is not a powerful role.

This is exactly my point. You're taking everyone thinking Scripten is confirmed town based on his role for granted. For example, if one or two people questioned why Scripten thought he was confirmed town based on being a neighbourizer (which is not a confirmable town-role) it's very easy to see how confusion and paranoia could have ensued from that.

Why would everyone assume Scripten is town based on being a neighbourizer? That doesn't make sense.

Neighborizer is an awesome role in good hands in a setup where pr synergies are possible. This game doesn't look like it had some of the synergies, but him neighborizing a PR on night 1 could have opened up some possibilities.

This game is giving me fits. I'm going to be really sad if I erroneously towned you for your grib interactions

I've got to go do rl stuff for a while.

Idic
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:11 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 1869, Mathdino wrote:
Scripten: Can you target players who are already in the neighbourhood? Can you self target?

If scum decide to kill me tonight, I have a plan that might work. Flip a coin between targeting me and fferyllt, and have Pine track you. If he gets it wrong, he's scum.

I have no idea if I can target players in the hood or myself. Also, I'm not too sure about lynching BBT right now. Either Fferyllt or Pine is scum, but not both. BBT seems a lot like scum to me, but I'm also not discounting that you are part of the scumteam, Mathdino. From my standpoint, it could be any of the following:

{Pine, BBT} - Pine pushes for a BBT lynch, but doesn't expect two townies to jump on his claim. Lets his townie supporter get lynched for a scum win.

{Pine, Mathdino} - Pine and Mathdino make a really blatant attempt to get town!BBT lynched. Risky, but Pine has a fakeclaim to use.

{Pine, Fferyllt} - Both scum fakeclaim and drive to have town!BBT lynched via town "certainty."

{Fferyllt, BBT/Mathdino} - Fferyllt fakeclaims in the hood, then kills Beck because she expects me to take her claims at face value. Partner isn't particularly discernable in this case for me.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:12 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1871, Mathdino wrote:The possible scumteams objectively right now:
Scripten/BBT
Pine/BBT
Pine/Mathdino
BBT/fferyllt

Literally nothing else is possible.

Why do you have pine and bbt as a possible team?

Idic

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”