Open 577: Hope Plus One! (GAME OVER - SCUM WIN)

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Post by Aneninen »

(1) Yes I stated that but I corrected myself in the post linked above.
(2) You must have meant that sentence about Copper in . I regularly make notes like that so as to remember that later. That will be relevant
only if
you flip scum. If not, it's a null.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:56 pm

Post by copper223 »

In post 574, GGG wrote:@mod. Do we have a deadline in 24hrs or are we pausing until replacements are found?

Pretty much this is what we need to know
GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:51 am

Post by GGG »

VOTE: NRG

Just in case we have a deadline today voting an inactive at least moves the game along and reduces the number of replacements. Would suggest scum in the interests of moving the game along kill one of the inactive townies. Then tmw we can only need two replacements and we keep going.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:59 am

Post by acryon »

In post 577, GGG wrote:VOTE: NRG

Just in case we have a deadline today voting an inactive at least moves the game along and reduces the number of replacements. Would suggest scum in the interests of moving the game along kill one of the inactive townies. Then tmw we can only need two replacements and we keep going.

Something tells me scum aren't interesting in helping out the town by killing an inactive.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:02 am

Post by Cane + Able »

That post doesn't surprise me considering Math, acryon, and texcat are all discussing voting for you.

Instead of trying to address their concerns, you are trying to draw attention to the inactive players.

VOTE: GGG
Everybody lies.

... except me, of course.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:41 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Vote Count 1.9
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch
Gravity(1)
- notreallygood
notreallygood(1)
- GGG
GGG(2)
- Cain + Able, texcat
Cain + Able(1)
- acryon
Acryon(1)
- Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer (1)
- Mathdino
Texcat (1)
- Idiotking

Searching for 2 replacements. :/
Gravity and CultivationTheory prodded, will be added to replacement list if they do not reply.
Deadline extended, current deadline will be clarified when replacements situation crystallizes.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:43 am

Post by acryon »

Since it's actually possible that literally the entire scum-team is replaced-out/inactive, this seems like a good opportunity for everyone to do some town-hunting until the town stabilizes.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:36 am

Post by Rudolph the Reindeer »

Sigh. I hate compromise wagons, but I'll join this one.

Vote: GGG
Ho ho ho! Merry christmas, everyone! :D
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:39 am

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 578, acryon wrote:

Something tells me scum aren't interesting in helping out the town by killing an inactive.

Killing inactive town doesn't help town, either. They are an easy target for scum-powered mislynches.
Everybody lies.

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:51 am

Post by acryon »

In post 582, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:Sigh. I hate compromise wagons, but I'll join this one.

You seemed pretty dead-set on one/both of Mathdino/Notreallygood as scum before the tunnel on me. Why would you not return to that after my claim and instead jump on a lurker? Have your reads on either of them changed dramatically since then. If so, how and why?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:57 am

Post by acryon »

Actually, I think it may be a good exercise to get the town moving again to remind people where they stood before jumping on my wagon:
Anen -GGG
Math - GGG
Copper - BMWS
GGG - Anen
C+A - Mathdino

But I specifically want to hear from Rudy
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:18 am

In post 584, acryon wrote:
In post 582, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:Sigh. I hate compromise wagons, but I'll join this one.

You seemed pretty dead-set on one/both of Mathdino/Notreallygood as scum before the tunnel on me. Why would you not return to that after my claim and instead jump on a lurker? Have your reads on either of them changed dramatically since then. If so, how and why?

Current Scumsuspects are GGG + you + NRG/MathDino. You should be able to infer that from my ISO.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:20 am

Obviously, I would rather be on you but since no one else seems to be interested before the deadline, I have to compromise somewhat. I can get behind a GGG lynch today; I wouldn't be too opposed to that.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:26 am

Post by acryon »

In post 586, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:

Current Scumsuspects are GGG + you + NRG/MathDino. You should be able to infer that from my ISO.

Actually, I searched for what you said on GGG, and you never seemed to imply any suspicion of him. Not only that, but you went so far as to defend GGG's post from my accusations:
"Acryon first starts off with a lean-scum read on GGG because he wrote off someone's play as 'mostly gut', which is a perfectly natural thing to do D1. I don't see any harm in writing a player's posts as 'gut town/scum' in this stage of the game."

So I fail to see where, at any point, you were suspecting GGG. Your ISO would certainly point to me as the #1 lynch, then MD/NRG as the second lynch. GGG doesn't naturally enter that list until those three are worked out.
GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:40 am

Post by GGG »

In post 579, Cane + Able wrote:

That post doesn't surprise me considering Math, acryon, and texcat are all discussing voting for you.

Instead of trying to address their concerns, you are trying to draw attention to the inactive players.

VOTE: GGG

I've addressed texcats concerns, Math hasn't made a case recently, Acry prefers Rudy over me. I dont see any outstanding accusations that need responding to in any of those people.

The entire case on me boils down to a shitty 1st post.
GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:43 am

Post by GGG »

In post 580, theelkspeaks wrote:Vote Count 1.9
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch
Gravity(1)
- notreallygood
notreallygood(1)
- GGG
GGG(2)
- Cain + Able, texcat
Cain + Able(1)
- acryon
Acryon(1)
- Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer (1)
- Mathdino
Texcat (1)
- Idiotking

Searching for 2 replacements. :/
Gravity and CultivationTheory prodded, will be added to replacement list if they do not reply.
Deadline extended, current deadline will be clarified when replacements situation crystallizes.

thanks,
unvote
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:50 am

In post 588, acryon wrote:
In post 586, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:

Actually, I searched for what you said on GGG, and you never seemed to imply any suspicion of him. Not only that, but you went so far as to defend GGG's post from my accusations:
"Acryon first starts off with a lean-scum read on GGG because he wrote off someone's play as 'mostly gut', which is a perfectly natural thing to do D1. I don't see any harm in writing a player's posts as 'gut town/scum' in this stage of the game."

So I fail to see where, at any point, you were suspecting GGG. Your ISO would certainly point to me as the #1 lynch, then MD/NRG as the second lynch. GGG doesn't naturally enter that list until those three are worked out.

Nope, you misunderstand with the first point. GGG's first post is bad yes, and I agree with that. My problem is how you specifically point out GGG's read on C+A as opposed to everyone else when the discriminating factor is C+A's high amount of posts. Writing off someone's play as 'mostly gut' is fine to do D1, but doing this to
nearly every player
in the game isn't. I clarified upon this in a later post as I reaalised my wording was ambigious.

As for the second point, yes you are correct in that my preference is for you and NRG/MathDino before GGG. However, neither of the first two are viable wagons today. Therefore, I switch to my third most likely suspect, who does have a chance of getting lynched today. It isn't rocket science.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:50 am

In post 587, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:Obviously, I would rather be on you but since no one else seems to be interested before the deadline, I have to compromise somewhat. I can get behind a GGG lynch today; I wouldn't be too opposed to that.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:51 am

Acryon is so obviously scum it's kind of disappointing to see everyone unvote because of a claim that isn't guaranteed.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:53 am

In post 374, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:
I'm not particurly fond of GGG either. He walks in with a reads post stating everyone is either null or scum for arbituary reasons. Why bother making a reads post if you're just going to say half the slots are just 'null, meh', or that someone is town or scum based on 'mostly gut'? Beyond that, I don't like his posts since: most posts afterwards have been defending his scumreads or nullreads.

Did Acryon intentionally leave this out in his "read" through my ISO? ;)
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:21 am

Post by acryon »

In post 594, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:
In post 374, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:
I'm not particurly fond of GGG either. He walks in with a reads post stating everyone is either null or scum for arbituary reasons. Why bother making a reads post if you're just going to say half the slots are just 'null, meh', or that someone is town or scum based on 'mostly gut'? Beyond that, I don't like his posts since: most posts afterwards have been defending his scumreads or nullreads.

Did Acryon intentionally leave this out in his "read" through my ISO? ;)

Regarding that situation, the GGG post from me regarding post count was only
after
GGG defended the read saying it was mostly gut, which seemed odd that there was nothing of note given how much content C+A has put out. It wasn't about his initial read; it was about the follow-up reasoning behind it.

I'll be honest; I didn't pay close attention to that post, because it was just regurgitating what Mathdino/Anen/Copper already said in one form or another, so I apologize for not referencing it, but I still don't buy the vote on him now. Nevermind the fact that having 4 people in your viable scum list at this point is a little ridiculous, you then vote for your #4 in that list. I can't be the only one nervous at the idea of a townie who is ok with lynching any one of FOUR people (only 1 of which is lurking) in a given day.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:27 am

Post by acryon »

In-short: Do you have a reason other than that one post which was just re-stating what others said for suspecting GGG enough to lynch him?
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Cane + Able »

Yay for deadline extension.

UNVOTE:
Everybody lies.

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:46 am

Post by acryon »

In post 597, Cane + Able wrote:Yay for deadline extension.

This is why the GGG vote from Rudy seems especially curious. We have time, so why would you fall to your 4th suspicion and compromise, especially while acting like you were forced into it.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:52 am

Sure, it's a compromise. The deadline freeze only is so until replacements are found.

Return to “Completed Open Games”