Open 577: Hope Plus One! (GAME OVER - SCUM WIN)

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:58 am

Post by acryon »

In post 599, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:Sure, it's a compromise. The deadline freeze only is so until replacements are found.

Well of course, but I highly doubt we would get replacements and immediately go to night phase, so something tells me we have a couple days. If you have a good case for Mathdino or NRG, I think you should make it. It, to me, looks like you are instead jumping on an easy wagon that clearly has a following, rather than taking the time to actually push the people you're more confident in. Not only that, but the manner in which you jumped onto the GGG wagon would mostly absolve you of any responsibility if he flipped town. Maybe you're just being lazy town, and that's not scummy, but I would still ask you to make your case for Mathdino/NRG.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 598, acryon wrote:
In post 597, Cane + Able wrote:Yay for deadline extension.

This is why the GGG vote from Rudy seems especially curious. We have time, so why would you fall to your 4th suspicion and compromise, especially while acting like you were forced into it.

I'm starting to come around to your way of thinking.

Rudolph has also been WK'ing the fuck out of me. Surprised you didn't call him on that.

VOTE: Rudolph
Everybody lies.

... except me, of course.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:06 am

Post by acryon »

In post 601, Cane + Able wrote:

This is why the GGG vote from Rudy seems especially curious. We have time, so why would you fall to your 4th suspicion and compromise, especially while acting like you were forced into it.

Rudolph has also been WK'ing the fuck out of me. Surprised you didn't call him on that.

Well, to be fair I think there's a decent chance you're scum, so it didn't look exactly like WK'ing to me, but if you are town, then it most definitely is.

That being said, I like this vote, and you've convinced me to put my money where my mind is.

Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Rudolph the Reindeer »

Can I not think someone is town?
Ho ho ho! Merry christmas, everyone! :D
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:10 am

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 603, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:Can I not think someone is town?

There is a huge difference between town reading someone and intercepting their accusations.
Everybody lies.

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 577, GGG wrote:VOTE: NRG
Just in case we have a deadline today voting an inactive at least moves the game along and reduces the number of replacements. Would suggest scum in the interests of moving the game along kill one of the inactive townies. Then tmw we can only need two replacements and we keep going.

That wagon is going nowhere until that slot is filled. Also, that vote
might
make sense if it were given for a lurk-slot but NRG's slot has been empty for ages.
Also,
In post 579, Cane + Able wrote:
That post doesn't surprise me considering Math, acryon, and texcat are all discussing voting for you.
Instead of trying to address their concerns, you are trying to draw attention to the inactive players.
vote: GGG

I absolutely agree with this.

In post 589, GGG wrote:
I've addressed texcats concerns, Math hasn't made a case recently, Acry prefers Rudy over me. I dont see any outstanding accusations that need responding to in any of those people.
The entire case on me boils down to a shitty 1st post.

That latest sentence is simply not true, as for me.
(And your unvote in your next post feels to be insincere.)

In post 593, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:Acryon is so obviously scum it's kind of disappointing to see everyone unvote because of a claim that isn't guaranteed.

We're not lynching him Today. Period. Everything about him will be sorted out sooner or later.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 602, acryon wrote:

Well, to be fair I think there's a decent chance you're scum, so it didn't look exactly like WK'ing to me, but if you are town, then it most definitely is.

That being said, I like this vote, and you've convinced me to put my money where my mind is.

I've been playing this game for like, two months. I have a hard time trying to pin down what is a town or scum tell because I see players from both alignments doing both and it gets confusing.

That is why I asked Wake to hydra with me, to teach me more about how to spot scum and clear town reads.

Unfortunately, he has r/l things limiting his availability and I am left playing solo until his schedule clears up a bit, so yeah I can kinda see why I might look scummy.
Everybody lies.

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:19 am

Post by acryon »

In post 606, Cane + Able wrote:I've been playing this game for like, two months. I have a hard time trying to pin down what is a town or scum tell because I see players from both alignments doing both and it gets confusing.

That is why I asked Wake to hydra with me, to teach me more about how to spot scum and clear town reads.

Unfortunately, he has r/l things limiting his availability and I am left playing solo until his schedule clears up a bit, so yeah I can kinda see why I might look scummy.

I'd be lying if I said you weren't making me change my mind a little bit on you. Come on C+A, just be scum and let me kill you.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:21 am

^^ scum slip?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:22 am

Post by acryon »

In post 608, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:^^ scum slip?

Are you referring to my post?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:50 am

Post by Aneninen »

________

Because of the huge amount of work needs to be done in the forthcoming days, I'm on LA.
I'll be able to read the thread but my posts will be infrequent, short and maybe badly formatted too.
Thanks for your understanding.
________
GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by GGG »

In post 608, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:^^ scum slip?

Are you going with kill vs lynch or something else Kill vs lynch is null to me.
GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Post by GGG »

@Anen

Why did my unvote seem insincere? I have been concerned with plan for the replacements with the deadline approaching for a couple days. When it's been resolved with extra time until we get our replacements I unvoted.

Also your read on me appears to be just 343 which was newbie lurking (null) and my shitty first post. If your case is more than that now can you please elaborate.
GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by GGG »

In post 582, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:Sigh. I hate compromise wagons, but I'll join this one.

Vote: GGG

What is your case on me? Seems odd to do a naked vote after the deadline was extended. I am your #2 read behind Acry or #3 behind Matt as well?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:53 am

Post by texcat »

What is WK'ing?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:32 am

Post by copper223 »

@Tex
white knighting: saying a player is town to pocket him and gain town cred as mafia.

@Acryon
I've checked and while I think Rudi has been pretty anti-town with that shit about drawing the line (really, D1? When lynching a possible doc makes it so our cop dies the night after he outs or sooner...) I don't think he is scum, just a very aggressive townie. It is possible though that this is some kind of planned suicide play and WIFOM defence (hey no scum would play like this, right?) to get as many PR's as possible, so it would not break my heart if we settled on his lynch.

I haven't changed my read on C+A, I think House in particular is likely town, you can really see from his latest posts that what he was doing before was putting on his "scumhunting persona" and basing his interactions on his notions of how town should play.

@All
My strongest town read is aneninen, his drunken posts are a bit over the top but otherwise when I read the thread I mentally imagine replying to some post and more than once I find him tackling the same issues down the line, so I think we likely have the same wincon.

I am therefore checking GGG but I don't see much that is alignment indicative either way myself, the extension request is town favoured but easily faked, I don't mind the NRG vote cause I also have that slot pegged as scummy, and it's not as if he voted and then went afk, I'd maybe lean slightly town on him but I also did not like anything from the very little newbie posted. I'm fine with the wagon for now cause it should help to develop my read on him.

I'd appreciate some updated reads from those who haven't given them for a while.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:35 am

Post by acryon »

In post 613, GGG wrote:What is your case on me? Seems odd to do a naked vote after the deadline was extended. I am your #2 read behind Acry or #3 behind Matt as well?

You are actually his 4th after Me, Mathdino, NRG.
GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by GGG »

In post 567, Mathdino wrote:There's probably scum in {Rudy, 3G}. Thoughts?

Or do you really have a grand total of one (1) developed read?

Complaining about the rest of the town doesn't do anything. Instigate discussion and scumhunting by doing it yourself, interrogating, prompting people, and they'll follow you. This activity level is not any one person's fault but any one person can help it. And I do take some responsibility for the slight apathy I've had this game compared to my others.

Why is there probably scum between us, I find people presenting either or cases scummy. You are setting up a double mislynch.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 617, GGG wrote:

Complaining about the rest of the town doesn't do anything. Instigate discussion and scumhunting by doing it yourself, interrogating, prompting people, and they'll follow you. This activity level is not any one person's fault but any one person can help it. And I do take some responsibility for the slight apathy I've had this game compared to my others.

Why is there probably scum between us, I find people presenting either or cases scummy. You are setting up a double mislynch.

It's not hard to see why people suspect either one of you, so to say one of the two is likely is a fair statement to make.
Everybody lies.

GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by GGG »

In post 618, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 617, GGG wrote:

It's not hard to see why people suspect either one of you, so to say one of the two is likely is a fair statement to make.

Why is either more probable than both or neither.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 619, GGG wrote:
In post 617, GGG wrote:

I don't see neither of you being scum. Hey, I could be wrong (usually am, in fact), but you are both playing a hinky game.

Both is possible, I guess?? But I think it would be more telling to see who would actually push that theory.

I can easily see where an either/or theory came from. Maybe you could too if you weren't one of the potential lynches being discussed.
Everybody lies.

GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by GGG »

In post 620, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 619, GGG wrote:
In post 617, GGG wrote:

I don't see neither of you being scum. Hey, I could be wrong (usually am, in fact), but you are both playing a hinky game.

Both is possible, I guess?? But I think it would be more telling to see who would actually push that theory.

I can easily see where an either/or theory came from. Maybe you could too if you weren't one of the potential lynches being discussed.

Either or with no case being made just sets up future mislynches with scum picking two townies and building a case against both. Early day one either/ors are a play. There is no associative tell day one. It all can be faked.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 617, GGG wrote:

I never said 'either/or'. I have scumreads on both of you and would be willing to lynch either at this stage. That question was literally asking acryon what he thought of my top scumreads.
You could both be scum. I don't know. Haven't looked at your interaction enough. Doubt neither of you are, but hey, I've been wrong before.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Aneninen »

Answering your question, GGG: I don't remember. I have too little time to play for a couple of days. But I'm not voting for you right now.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:17 am

prod dodge yaaaayy. :D

I'm sorry for the inactivity everyone. Will catch up soon

Return to “Completed Open Games”