Mini 1624: Joss Whedon Mafia: The Musical (Game Over)

Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Murder of Crows »

In post 722, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 719, Murder of Crows wrote:The hypno replace out is probably the scummiest because of the timing.

What about them still giving reads upon replacing out?

You make a decent point. Ask Cabd about the game where I declared a scum player the towniest of towns for putting down a full, detailed summary of his thoughts about the game - reads as well as suggestions about where to go next - in NY165.

Do you have meta experience with how they replace out as town/scum?

Do we have any points of agreement aside from AA9-town?

I've seen your question about scum-GreyICE and rage. I have one game's experience with him and he was a town mason/lover, and as it turned out the enabler of my slot's vig ability. I don't remember him being quite as ragey as that one point in this game, but he had his moments there.
HypotheticalBassists
HypotheticalBassists
Townie
HypotheticalBassists
Townie
Townie

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:48 am

Post by HypotheticalBassists »

I'm replacing out because I stopped reading a while ago after discovering something that made me not want to play with someone in this game. Only other game I've voluntarily replaced out of is ongoing. GD has mostly replaced out for inactivity, as he's doing here.

Grey's pretty damn ragey, I'll tell you that. This game is not inconsistent with his town game.

As for why I'm giving out reads, it's mainly so my replacement has a conftown thought process to hear. Not going to push them because I don't really expect most people will listen due to our relative lack of credibility this game.
Also I'm lazy.

-MD
Hydra of Mathdino and gangsta_duck41.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:58 am

The question on the table is whether GreyICE rages like this as scum.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:59 am

And I don't have an answer. Might get a chance to do some meta research tonight. Tomorrow and possibly Friday my access will be minimal.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

ffer, what part of my play here is inconsistent with my play in flying aces day 1?
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:05 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 725, Murder of Crows wrote:You make a decent point. Ask Cabd about the game where I declared a scum player the towniest of towns for putting down a full, detailed summary of his thoughts about the game - reads as well as suggestions about where to go next - in NY165.

I've seen your question about scum-GreyICE and rage. I have one game's experience with him and he was a town mason/lover, and as it turned out the enabler of my slot's vig ability. I don't remember him being quite as ragey as that one point in this game, but he had his moments there.

I think we have similar thoughts about anatole, only our conclusions are different. And Yonce-town we agree on?

I haven't played with either part of hyp, but I've never seen scum replace out with any sort of effort. I would say there's a psychological difference between scum and town replacing out, and this feels like the latter.

Do you think boon has given enough to justify a read from AP either way?

I think I would be most comfortable with an antihero or boon lynch today, thoughts?
Wandering but not lost
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:10 am

In post 729, Anatole Kuragin wrote:ffer, what part of my play here is inconsistent with my play in flying aces day 1?

You pursued players more. There was also this really strong though hard to quantify thing where over and over again in that game you posted what I was thinking at that precise point in the game, about the post you were responding to. Knowing that we can think alike as town, and knowing that we mostly didn't think alike when you were scum in Mafia on the Air, I'm holding it a little against you.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:17 am

And I should say you pursued players more consistently throughout day 1.

In this game, I liked your early play and then wound up wondering what the fuck later in the game day. And I feel like yours (and just about everyone's) vote/push on me is lazy and limp. No fire. No ah ha! Just an occasional drive by 'yep still scum' for the most part.

I'm used to being nailed to the damn wall and fighting it tooth and nail when people are lynching me whether correctly or not.

The apathy in this game is discouraging and made it hard for me to get my teeth into the game when I was able to get back to it.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:17 am

do you really expect to think alike with someone who has an early scumread on you? do you think the only people who could potentially claim to scumread you are scum?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:18 am

I actually didn't do shit in that game day one until MC came in and was the most obvious scum in history which made it pretty easy to pursue him
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:23 am

In post 733, Anatole Kuragin wrote:do you really expect to think alike with someone who has an early scumread on you?

It happens pretty often actually. I wind up distrustful where we disagree in terms of considering their position, but those flashes of thinking what I'm thinking are pretty reassuring in my townreads.

do you think the only people who could potentially claim to scumread you are scum?

I take it you haven't paid any attention to my reads vomit outside of my currently null-ish read on you. You were a potential PoE into my scumpile, but I wound up not going there. Not today. Out of the 3 not-serra players on my wagon last night, I had two in my townpile and you as null.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:33 am

Well, the implication was that you would get some insight into my alignment based on how much you agree with what I'm saying just considering the one day we played together in Beli's game. I thought it was worth commenting on independently of your other posts because that strategy seems pretty ineffective. It's not just limited to your read on me (which is why I'm asking about your methodology in finding scum even though you aren't explicitly scumreading me), it just doesn't seem like a useful way to get a read on anyone and seems kinda arrogant.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:37 am

In post 734, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I actually didn't do shit in that game day one until MC came in and was the most obvious scum in history which made it pretty easy to pursue him

You were pushing players right out of the box? Macrell, Baezu, and at one point I thought you would go after Majiffy. You'd explained Macrell-scum a few times before you made that case on MC-scum.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:40 am

I don't think I would call that pushing - but me being wrong on those players in Beli's (and a disastrous open game where I was way too aggressive on bad reads) kinda led to my more passive approach when I'm not sure like you're seeing here. I'm not pushing you hard because I don't feel strongly about it, but from a "vibes" or gut level your play seems off and different from on the air.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:41 am

I'll switch votes to anti or bassists probably, pending a re-read.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:41 am

In post 736, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Well, the implication was that you would get some insight into my alignment based on how much you agree with what I'm saying just considering the one day we played together in Beli's game. I thought it was worth commenting on independently of your other posts because that strategy seems pretty ineffective. It's not just limited to your read on me (which is why I'm asking about your methodology in finding scum even though you aren't explicitly scumreading me), it just doesn't seem like a useful way to get a read on anyone and seems kinda arrogant.

The one alignment I know for sure in most games is my own. Degree of convergence with me in how players see the game is not a be all and end all, but when it happens and that player is town I look for it in future games. And there are players I learn to read who usually have no convergence at all - I find other ways to figure them out.

I'm really not sure what you want here. You're not being scumread I'm not going to the gallows screaming for your blood.

I think you have plenty upon which to base a decent read of me. I am not going to take ownership of you continuing to misread me.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:47 am

In post 738, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I don't think I would call that pushing - but me being wrong on those players in Beli's (and a disastrous open game where I was way too aggressive on bad reads) kinda led to my more passive approach when I'm not sure like you're seeing here. I'm not pushing you hard because I don't feel strongly about it, but from a "vibes" or gut level your play seems off and different from on the air.

My play here actually probably more similar to my play in flying aces. I was extremely busy and had trouble getting my head into that game at first. My hydra partner was more active than me during the mid-portion of that game. I gave MC some leeway because of the doc claim, and I defended Majiffy from Thor, unsuccessfully. I developed a strong early townread on you that stayed the distance. That was pretty much the sum total of my contribution to that game.

AP is if anything more time crunched than I am, though probably less stressed by real life. Otherwise, in this player list I'd probably be scumread (and justifiably though erroneously so) for hiding behind my hydra partner. I have a well known distaste for drawing scum roles.
Goblin
Goblin
Goon
Goblin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:50 am

Post by Goblin »

Can we murder crows someone already?
Goblin
YUM!!!
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:54 am

In post 742, Goblin wrote:Can we murder crows someone already?

The chances of that happening have been decreasing. You might want to give some thought to other scumreads just in case we don't wind up the default deadline lynch after all.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:08 am

In post 730, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 725, Murder of Crows wrote:You make a decent point. Ask Cabd about the game where I declared a scum player the towniest of towns for putting down a full, detailed summary of his thoughts about the game - reads as well as suggestions about where to go next - in NY165.

I think we have similar thoughts about anatole, only our conclusions are different. And Yonce-town we agree on?

I haven't played with either part of hyp, but I've never seen scum replace out with any sort of effort. I would say there's a psychological difference between scum and town replacing out, and this feels like the latter.

Do you think boon has given enough to justify a read from AP either way?

I think I would be most comfortable with an antihero or boon lynch today, thoughts?

I missed your question. I'm not sure of the basis from AP. I think it was a meta read. From my perspective, I hated his AA9 push and I felt like both of his votes were OMGUSy. I don't think he's a new player, but his suspicion of anyone who votes him has a newb flavor to it.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:30 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'm upgrading my read of anatole to town based on our exchange.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:31 am

In post 745, fferyllt wrote:I'm upgrading my read of anatole to town based on our exchange.

mine
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Replacing HypotheticalBassists.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Ninja'ing replace-in post.

I got my Role PM, so I'm set to start reading. I can't guarantee I'll get it done today since 3 hours of sleep tends to remove my ability to stay on focus.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 34, Murder of Crows wrote:Ok, so LMP looks a bit scummy. The only thing giving me pause is his assertion that AH is flailing (which he isn't, but thats irrelevant to the thought).

If LMP flips scum, I might be a bit suspicious of AH.

In post 41, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 39, HypotheticalBassists wrote:Woohoo! Only a couple hours late!

Vote: Boonskiies
I liked you better as a llama. Clearly scum.

Why does this post contain an RVS vote when we're practically out of RVS? And if we weren't before, we are now.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: bassists

Don't like either of these posts.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”