PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:28 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

The Lag time for White House is the same as all other places.

If the White House says speed up FBI then 4 hours after the request is made, the FBI Liason has a lag time of 3 hours for the rest of the game.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Forget the White House, we don't need that - at least not yet.

Mod: When we get assigned a position, do we get further instructions as to our options ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:22 am

Post by Guardian »

The white house speeding up the FBI, our best cop, is crucial, and I cannot believe that you all are disregarding it. That is ludicrous.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:24 am

Mod: What's the difference between Information Extraction(FBI action) and Investigate history(Counterintelligence action) ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote:The white house speeding up the FBI, our best cop, is crucial, and I cannot believe that you all are disregarding it. That is ludicrous.
Basically, if the game goes the full 24 hours (which it probably won't), remembering that hour 1 dosn't count, then, if the FBI agent never dies, is lynched, or has to inturrupt an investigation due to the person he was investigation dying or being lynched or being confirmed innocent or something, then without the white house liason, we'd get investigations on:

Hour 5
Hour 9
Hour 13
Hour 17
Hour 21

With the white house liason doing his thing, again assuming that the white house liason dosn't get killed remembering that his ability wouldn't kick in until hour 5, we'd get investagtions on:

Hour 5
Hour 8
Hour 11
Hour 14
Hour 17
Hour 20
Hour 23

So, if everything goes right and nothing is ever disrupted, it's basically 2 or 3 extra investigations; (3 extra if the game goes all the way to hour 23, which I'm thinking it probably won't). If the FBI liason gets intrupted for whatever reason a time or two, then the payoff gets smaller.

Basically, it might be marginally worthwhile in theory to put someone as white house liason in order to get the FBI associate the extra investigations, but that's only if everything goes perfectly, and the scum could screw it up by killing off the white house liason before he's done. I don't think we can afford to put an extra bodyguard to protect him, it'll be hard enough to protect the 2 cops and the 3 cryptos.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Korran
Korran
Vampire Scum
Korran
Vampire Scum
Vampire Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Korran »

Yeah ok I was just having a bad week I will be better now.I hope.
Rise at night,
Fear no fight,
The time of the sun,
Is when we're done.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:14 am

One is done by the FBI and the other is done by the Counterintelligence Agent...
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:20 am

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:One is done by the FBI and the other is done by the Counterintelligence Agent...
I don't know if this has been answered but can the liaisons perform multiple tasks at a time ?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:08 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Looking over the setup again... we may do more harm than good if we put suspicious players in the liaison positions. I think we might want to just fill FBI and leave the others vacant at the start of the game until it becomes obvious that Jack needs more help. Putting bad guys in liaison positions might screw over the Jack Bauer part of the game very quickly. We may do better if we maximize our scum-finding capabilities in the early game. So what about this setup: (modified from UA's)

Director
Deputy
Counter Intel
SIA x2
Field Agentx3
Cryptox3
Liaison(FBI)

This gives us 4 guys potentially doing investigations and 3 decrypters. The field agents can bodyguard or they can use their other abilities, if they are trusted. What do you think?
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:15 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

For the rest of the game. After the White House has made the FBI go faster, he can then make the NSA guy go faster. (NSA looks to be another SIA) 4 hours later, we have two speedy departments. Sureit only shortens it by an hour, and it takes 4 hours to do, but thats gota pay off eventually. 8 hours is only 1/3 of the game after all
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:16 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Off the Mark wrote:Looking over the setup again... we may do more harm than good if we put suspicious players in the liaison positions. I think we might want to just fill FBI and leave the others vacant at the start of the game until it becomes obvious that Jack needs more help. Putting bad guys in liaison positions might screw over the Jack Bauer part of the game very quickly. We may do better if we maximize our scum-finding capabilities in the early game. So what about this setup: (modified from UA's)

Director
Deputy
Counter Intel
SIA x2
Field Agentx3
Cryptox3
Liaison(FBI)

This gives us 4 guys potentially doing investigations and 3 decrypters. The field agents can bodyguard or they can use their other abilities, if they are trusted. What do you think?
Hmm, I like that one much better.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:17 am

Post by Guardian »

OTM, I don't dislike that setup, though I would want someone at white house.

UA, exactly. We need someone at the white house.... Yos, you ignore that FBI could be killed anyways, etc. etc. etc. The white house play is a good one, it should be done in hour one and will benefit us the rest of the game.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:26 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I agree that starting the game off with a White House Liason is a good idea.

[quote="Yosarian"]So, if everything goes right and nothing is ever disrupted, it's basically 2 or 3 extra investigations; (3 extra if the game goes all the way to hour 23, which I'm thinking it probably won't). If the FBI liason gets intrupted for whatever reason a time or two, then the payoff gets smaller.

Basically, it might be marginally worthwhile in theory to put someone as white house liason in order to get the FBI associate the extra investigations, but that's only if everything goes perfectly, and the scum could screw it up by killing off the white house liason before he's done. I don't think we can afford to put an extra bodyguard to protect him, it'll be hard enough to protect the 2 cops and the 3 cryptos.[quote]

The scum can screw with practically every plan we come up with (at least I haven't seen anything game-breaking yet), but they have limited resources as well. One killed White House Liason is one less Crypto/Director/etc. killed. Having a sped up Liason is an advantage we shouldn't just give away like that by not even trying it.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote:OTM, I don't dislike that setup, though I would want someone at white house.

UA, exactly. We need someone at the white house.... Yos, you ignore that FBI could be killed anyways, etc. etc. etc. The white house play is a good one, it should be done in hour one and will benefit us the rest of the game.
Well, the question is, is it worth it having 1 less SIA doing investigations or 1 less bodguard keeping our cops alive in order to get those 2 extra investigations. (shrug) It's a close call. I tend to think the extra bodyguard might be better, but eh, we can try having a white house liason to start the game off with, see how that works.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:32 pm

Simple: take out FBI, put white house. Use ability, then put FBI at hour 5.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:03 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Director: UltimaAvalon - Word
Deputy: CTD - It was between Guardian and CTD, and I'm not liking Guardian, even though he supports the White House liaison plan

CIA: XDaamno - I agree with Yos that a cop should be someone who is already hunting for scums. It makes sense.

SIA: ???

Field Agent: Off TheMark
Field Agent: Korran

One FA Willing to convince us he's town he'll do whatever we say, and one so willing to prove himself he'll do whatever we say. Win-win situation

Crypto: Albert
Crypto: ChannelDelBird - I've only seen a little bit of CDB (Outside of this game) but he seems to be someone who knows what he's doing.
Crypto: ???

Liaison(FBI): Yos - Yos's setups seem to be geared more toward finding scum than helping Bauer, and thats dangerous. Here, he gets to find his scum, but it'll take him longer as a liaison than as CIA

Liaison(White House): Guardian - Just seems fitting to me to put the #1 Proponent of the White House Plan into the White House

Liaison(NSA): ??? - NSA is essentially another SIA, but with abilities that can also help Jack Bauer, which we may need.

Unplaced people:
Eyceking
Spambot
Yogurt
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:51 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Alright after looking over everyone's ideas about how to run this place, I am finding myself agreeing with Yos the most. Heh, kinda ironic huh? If he does turn out to be a terrorist, hopefully we will be able to figure it out based on what happens to the people in his high-trust positions. I agree with the idea that whoever is director needs to be investigated first by CounterIntel or FBI.

unvote:
vote: Yosarian2
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:19 am

Post by Off the Mark »

A question for the group - I haven't played in setups that are this "open" before. (since everyone will know the jobs assigned)

Should the investigators announce who they are investigating? It will help provide the town with more info, but it will also give scum the capability to mislead us. Like, if the CounterIntel guy says "I'm investigating the director, Yosarian" then the terrorists could kill him off and immediatley make Yos look guilty.

I think it will be better if investigators keep their actions secret until we get results.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Off the Mark wrote:A question for the group - I haven't played in setups that are this "open" before. (since everyone will know the jobs assigned)

Should the investigators announce who they are investigating? It will help provide the town with more info, but it will also give scum the capability to mislead us. Like, if the CounterIntel guy says "I'm investigating the director, Yosarian" then the terrorists could kill him off and immediatley make Yos look guilty.

I think it will be better if investigators keep their actions secret until we get results.
And you think we'd be short-sighted enough to not realise this possibility? The scum will screw with us at some point, probably better early game than late game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Simple: take out FBI, put white house. Use ability, then put FBI at hour 5.
Hmm. Well, that's an option, but it would mean we wouldn't get our first FBI investigation until hour 9, after we've already had 3 lynches.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:41 am

Updated Votecount

6 Yosarian(Albert B. Rampage, CDB, OffTheMark, Spambot, Xdaamno, Yosarian)
3 Guardian(Guardian, Korran, YogurtBandit)
1 CTD(CTD)
1 UltimaAvalon(UltimaAvalon)[/quote]
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:29 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
Updated Votecount

6 Yosarian(Albert B. Rampage, CDB, OffTheMark, Spambot, Xdaamno, Yosarian)
3 Guardian(Guardian, Korran, YogurtBandit)
1 CTD(CTD)
1 UltimaAvalon(UltimaAvalon)
[/quote]

I thought the deadline passed already?
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Eyceking »

We got an extension. I say we use it as much as we can? Once the roles are distributed then it's going to take time to shuffle them around. I've given my views, limited as they are, on the types of people I'd like to see in each position. Unfortunately I'm relying on the more experience among us to identify those who are more experienced, and I'm just along for the ride.

For now. I'll get you scums if it's the last thing I do! :D
What are you pressing select for? You don't got time to make a profile!
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:06 pm

Post by Spambot »

Eyceking wrote:We got an extension. I say we use it as much as we can? Once the roles are distributed then it's going to take time to shuffle them around. I've given my views, limited as they are, on the types of people I'd like to see in each position. Unfortunately I'm relying on the more experience among us to identify those who are more experienced, and I'm just along for the ride.

For now. I'll get you scums if it's the last thing I do! :D
God, this post is making my eyes bleed, it's so scummy.

First, he is pushing using our extension like he is taking a stance on something, and seems to be trying really hard to show how townie he is. Next, he does the "poor lil' me" thing by telling us how limited his views are. I'd like to hear you explain why your views are so limited and why you feel the need to remind us that you have given them.

You're relying on the experienced players to identify who the experienced players are? That plus the "along for the ride" comment make it sound like you are happy just to coast along without helping the town. Of course, he ends the post with a blatant example of the medium-sized tell.

If we were at the voting stage of the game, I'd be voting for you. As it is, I strongly recommend that the director doesn't give you any important roles.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:23 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

@Spambot

Thankyou! I'm glad someone else is seeing what I have been seeing. This line:
Eyecking wrote:I'll get you scums if it's the last thing I do!
is so scummy it's silly. Could you sound any faker?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”