Open 577: Hope Plus One! (GAME OVER - SCUM WIN)

Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:21 am

Post by Cane + Able »

Alright, I'm online.

Is there anything I should know about at the moment?

I've forgotten a lot of this game because of work stress and injuries. If you can give me a primer of what's up so far you would be doing me a favor. Viewing the thread, it looks like I've missed out on much. If you have any questions please shoot them to me in list form, and I'll answer them as best I can. Wow, looks like three people replaced out already. :eek:

Will get into it more once the pain relievers kick in.

- Wake
Everybody lies.

... except me, of course.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Cane + Able »

Is the OP correct on the replacements?

- Wake
Everybody lies.

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:33 am

Post by acryon »

In post 701, Cane + Able wrote:Is the OP correct on the replacements?

- Wake

No. There were three recent replacements that can be seen in the mod's (I believe) last post.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:42 am

Post by Bookitty »

I replaced BlindMeWithScience. I'm still trying to get into the game too, so I second the motion for a brief summary if anyone feels up to that.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 am

Post by Cane + Able »

Making an attempt to catch up.

Spoiler: Current Player List
My Milked Eek
bookitty
TellTaleHeart
Rudolph the Reindeer
Mathdino
acryon
texcat
C + A
idiotking
unknown replacement (Gravity)
Aneninen
Copper223
GGG

The last time I posted was nine days ago. I'm here now willing to play and contribute, but please forgive me if I'm unaware of what's been going on. Now that I know who's in the game, I'll get to studying them.

Out of curiosity, who here read my regarding Aneninen? I've been told by various people that that method of reading people is nicely organized and focused.
Everybody lies.

Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:51 am

Post by Cane + Able »

-Wake
Everybody lies.

Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:54 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 704, Cane + Able wrote:Out of curiosity, who here read my 484 regarding Aneninen? I've been told by various people that that method of reading people is nicely organized and focused.

Yes, I read this. The post immediately following it, is the origin point for my current scumread on MathDino.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:54 am

Post by acryon »

In post 704, Cane + Able wrote:Out of curiosity, who here read my regarding Aneninen? I've been told by various people that that method of reading people is nicely organized and focused.

I liked it generally speaking, but I think it is best to just do it on people of interest (i.e. your biggest scum read that you think we need to lynch, or a big wagon that you disagree with). Doing it on everyone makes it a lot less impacting. Another problem that can arise is a lot of confirmation bias, which I have fallen into plenty, which is why I think it's best to drop them on us at helpful times instead of when you might otherwise.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:57 am

Post by acryon »

For reference, the current people of interest would probably be GGG and Rudolph.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:27 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 704, Cane + Able wrote:Out of curiosity, who here read my 484 regarding Aneninen? I've been told by various people that that method of reading people is nicely organized and focused.

That's all well and good, but Anen is only one player out of 12. If the "one player at a time" thing is what you're going to do, I'd like it if you did texcat because it ties in with what I said about your early wall-post.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:00 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 691, GGG wrote:Can you outline your reasons for voting for me? From what I can tell you didn't like my first post and you didn't like my NRG push.

I agree my first post sucked and have addressed it. I also stand by my position that the correct play if the day wasn't going to be paused lynching the scummiest inactive was the right play. I should have pushed it harder, instead we got the acryon claim.

It's mostly that there's not an internal logic that I've been able to come up with for explaining why your reads are how they are.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 709, TellTaleHeart wrote:

That's all well and good, but Anen is only one player out of 12. If the "one player at a time" thing is what you're going to do, I'd like it if you did texcat because it ties in with what I said about your early wall-post.

Or you could ask me your questions directly, instead of subtly prodding me to do a big analysis of texcat next. Since you have things you'd like to ask me about regarding texcat, please ask me straight-up instead.
Everybody lies.

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 697, Bookitty wrote:I have read and reread your ISO and done some contextual reading of your posts. I don't see how you went from arguing with C + A to "not feeling a lynch on C +A" to "I'm more confident on this townread than I was on Wisdom in another game." I'm asking you to walk me through your thought process to show the evolution of your read on that slot.

Mmm, that makes more sense, okay.

According to ISO, the "not feeling a lynch on C+A" was on page 12 or something, which was well after I developed my fairly strong townread. I was townreading him during the entirety of my argument with him since I felt that his attacking me for whatever he was attacking me for wouldn't really be useful as scum, since it was petty and unlikely to draw votes since he was making an ass out of himself doing so. I make the distinction between attacking logic, attacking alignment, and attacking the person, and in that case I was attacking his shitty logic mostly. And his shitty math. That bugs me.

Looking in context, the "not feeling a lynch on C+A" was in response to acryon when all he was talking about was C+A. I still think his case on him isn't too good, tbh, TTH's is way more interesting.

Have only skimmed this page, gimme a sec. To make good on my promise, I'll wipe my read on C+A and see what I come up with after rereading him and his defence.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 706, Bookitty wrote:The post immediately following it, is the origin point for my current scumread on MathDino.
In post 707, acryon wrote:
In post 704, Cane + Able wrote:Out of curiosity, who here read my regarding Aneninen? I've been told by various people that that method of reading people is nicely organized and focused.

I liked it generally speaking, but I think it is best to just do it on people of interest (i.e. your biggest scum read that you think we need to lynch, or a big wagon that you disagree with). Doing it on everyone makes it a lot less impacting. Another problem that can arise is a lot of confirmation bias, which I have fallen into plenty, which is why I think it's best to drop them on us at helpful times instead of when you might otherwise.

@Bookitty: Basically what acryon said is what I'd have said if I wasn't on my phone at the time. I'm cool with in depth analyses of individual players, hell, I love em, but I got the impression (from the general lack of prior interest in Anen) that Wake was setting up to do that on EVERYONE which would clog up the thread and probably end up with a few useless null conclusions. If one does plan to do reads on everyone, would prefer if they were more consolidated just for ease of access.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 711, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 709, TellTaleHeart wrote:

Or you could ask me your questions directly, instead of subtly prodding me to do a big analysis of texcat next. Since you have things you'd like to ask me about regarding texcat, please ask me straight-up instead.

This seems unprecedented. I'd like a big analysis of texcat as well, or maybe at least a response to TTH's accusations.

Nothing else interesting from Wake this page.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:52 am

Post by Cane + Able »

Should probably go V/LA or bow out; I'm still tired, and feeling ill. The problem guys is that there's so much crap to have to pick through. Focusing on work, there's no way I'm able to remember or focus on every little thing that happens in this game. When you guys fight, or go off on huge convoluted tangents, it confuses me. If I could simply extract the very-boiled-down bits of what everyone's brought to the table so far, that'd be better. Information-overload, when I'm not in good health, is not something I like slogging through. I'll read through this thread, but I'm only going to consider whatever I find important. All this excess does is turn my already nauseous stomach.

-Wake
Everybody lies.

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:52 am

Post by Aneninen »

I'm still on LA but I tend to read the game every now and then.
I must agree with others. Although I'm said to be a funny/annoying/weird/idiotic/interesting/auto-Fos/whatever player (pick one or more), I know that I've been one of the least interesting players in this game so far. Maybe C+A could post a summary about someone interesting next time.
Post-Edit. Take your time then and Get Well Soon!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Bookitty »

@MOD
: Could you please update the page 1 player list with the replacements? It's very difficult to do reads lists otherwise. I may just be cranky because I have a cold and a headache.

Acryon = claimed doctor. Not a lynch for today. Can reevaluate tomorrow if he lives; I do believe this claim currently though. I don't agree about Cane + Able, but otherwise I'm okay with this.

Aneninen. Not a clear read on this. I really like , primarily because it actually gives insight into the thought process. This is a lean-town for me.

Cane + Able. This is a hydra of two people I don't know. That said, I think there's congruency between the two heads of this hydra. Usually that reads town to me. I think it's fair to ask for a summary (I would like one, but I'm doing my own because I can't read the game over again right now, my head is pounding, so these are based on ISOs and context where needed).

copper223. I have a townread here. There's a caveat; I think copper might be smart enough to sound town all the time. I see nothing scummy; this makes me nervous. :p

CultivationTheory was completely useless (two posts, of which I hated one). TellTaleHeart is way better. I don't really agree on C + A yet (and I'm bad at reading hydras, so I could be wrong here) but I think it took guts to take on that slot. It doesn't seem like a scum move to me. I still need more here, but lean-town for this.

Newbie replaced out and GGG takes her place. Well, newbie was pretty much as her name indicates. I can't figure out by GGG. He seems to be championing Constantine, now Idiotking. I like his defense of Acryon BUT that's coloured by Acryon's later claim.

Gravity is just gone since the middle of November. I don't want to lynch this slot, because I thought it was sort of town. Nonetheless, the number of replacements is worrisome and I would like to see this replacement soon if at all possible.

Constantine/Idiotking: Oh, Constantine. Really? Amished tell in first post by Idiotking. I dunno, I've felt similarly when I replaced bad town. I like his postings though, which actually makes me feel better about GGG.

Texcat: I'm going to go ahead and disagree with copper here. I don't see a lot of town motivation here. Calling people bullies and constantly deprecating her own tells is not inspiring tons of confidence. It looks to me like hedging bets and keeping options open.

Pastro/Rudolph: I didn't like Pastro. Knowing that it was a troll account, yeah, I don't think it's alignment indicative. I'm on the fence about Rudolph, though. I can see the WK thing, but my real concern is his . I find it hard to believe at that point that Rudolph had to be told that Constantine might not be the best player. Then he votes him anyway, and THEN says in "I wasn't familiar with his play and thus didn't know he acted like that in all his games." Rudolph voted him AFTER he said he would check his meta.

Mathdino: Can you link me up to a town game of yours? Scum too, if you have it. I want to check something to see if it's playstyle or alignment-indicative.

If I forgot something, please let me know. Other comments, complaints and general abuse are also welcome.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:36 pm

Post by Mathdino »

You forgot NRG I think.

Amished tell is meaningless IMO, agree on rest of IK read.

Can you post one sentence or one word conclusions for your reads? Just for purposes of consolidation.

Anyway, my wiki is not updated, here's everything I've finished since Guardians:
Open 575, shout out to acryon.
Open 574 (abandoned D2 but pretty long nonetheless), shout out to texcat.
Open 576 (abandoned D2), multiball.
I have no scum meta.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. I'll do Not Really Good tomorrow and I'll check those tomorrow. I guess I could do one word sum-ups then too. Brain hurts right now.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Post by copper223 »

@Boo
aw shucks, I think you are a pretty snappy player yourself!

My early town read on texcat was based on her seeming carefree in the way she voted and kept the vote there long after RVS ended, after she posted that she was going to wait until the replacements before getting involved again I switched her to leaning null because disinterest=/carefree, I do like that she posted soon after the action started again and am interested on her thoughts about C+A's probes, leaning maybe a smidge town but that's all, did you see something else in my read Boo because I did not mention the points you disagree on I think.

Other than that Boo seems town to me from her opener (same as TTH), but I think she may be better than Copper about looking town no matter her alignment so there's that. Have to check back on who jumped to BMWS's defence before, now that the slot looks town, because there may be scum trying to look smart there.

@Milk
I'd like to hear from you because I was not a fan of NRG.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 711, Cane + Able wrote:Or you could ask me your questions directly, instead of subtly prodding me to do a big analysis of texcat next. Since you have things you'd like to ask me about regarding texcat, please ask me straight-up instead.

Hon, I can't guide you any more than I already have because I don't have anything specific in mind. I'm saying that
if
you plan on going on with the player-by-player in-depth thing you did for Anen, I think you should do texcat next.
If not, then go ahead and do whatever it is you want to do to catch up.
There are dangling thought processes I see from your last post and I'm really interested in seeing where they end up, and I don't really want to lead you because I don't want to feel like I'm putting words in your mouth and I don't want to feel like you're just telling me what you think I want to hear.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 715, Cane + Able wrote:Should probably go V/LA or bow out; I'm still tired, and feeling ill. The problem guys is that there's so much crap to have to pick through. Focusing on work, there's no way I'm able to remember or focus on every little thing that happens in this game. When you guys fight, or go off on huge convoluted tangents, it confuses me. If I could simply extract the very-boiled-down bits of what everyone's brought to the table so far, that'd be better. Information-overload, when I'm not in good health, is not something I like slogging through. I'll read through this thread, but I'm only going to consider whatever I find important. All this excess does is turn my already nauseous stomach.

-Wake

Wake, you shouldn't sacrifice your health for the sake of this silly game, and the thought of you doing so makes me feel kind of bad. :(

If you have to leave go ahead and do so. I understand (and I'm pretty sure everyone else does too).
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Wake »

I don't want to let down my hydra partner.

My body is breaking down, and I've been in intense pain for the last few days. Once I can get enough rest I'll have the energy to get into this game. I've been virtually bedridden when I'm not working because of the immense physical work that has been taking it's toll on me. My legs have been throbbing in pain since last evening, and it's tough to focus because of it. I will get into this game. It wouldn't be good to keep replacing out.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by copper223 »

Man forget about the game and rest.

Return to “Completed Open Games”