Open 577: Hope Plus One! (GAME OVER - SCUM WIN)

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:50 am

Post by acryon »

Yeah Mathdino/myself thought the same thing earlier until someone pointed out that the cop becomes macho when one doc dies, so it doesn't work.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:52 am

Post by Rudolph the Reindeer »

In post 785, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:rudolph, approx how long have you been playing onsite, and have i played with you before?

Been playing onsite for waay to long. That's all I'll say -- don't want to give out an exact year or date. :P

I think I would have played with you before. Your name rings a bell, regardless.
Ho ho ho! Merry christmas, everyone! :D
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:57 am

Post by Cane + Able »

And 2nd doc can't protect acryon because he's macho.

This sucks.
Everybody lies.

... except me, of course.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:58 am

I would be correct in thinking a majority of people scumread me for my push on Acryon, yes? I've already shown one recent game in which scum managed to fakeclaim and get away with it. There are loads more. I appreciate that you are all hesistant to follow through with this, but remember that a claim doesn't excuse someone's incredibly scummy play till now.

Maybe my gut is wrong here, but I don't buy the doc claim from Acryon. There are 2 macho docs, remember, so he isn't confirmed at all.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:06 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Rudy your pronoun is listed as "they". Are you a hydra?

I learn town on Acryon for play, although his meekness is certainly nagging me in the back of my mind
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:07 am

Post by acryon »

In post 803, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:I would be correct in thinking a majority of people scumread me for my push on Acryon, yes? I've already shown one recent game in which scum managed to fakeclaim and get away with it. There are loads more. I appreciate that you are all hesistant to follow through with this, but remember that a claim doesn't excuse someone's incredibly scummy play till now.

Maybe my gut is wrong here, but I don't buy the doc claim from Acryon. There are 2 macho docs, remember, so he isn't confirmed at all.

:facepalm:

For what it's worth, I don't scum-read you for your push on me (although it is foolish and wrong).
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:07 am

Acryon have you played with hydrae before
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:07 am

Post by acryon »

In post 804, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Rudy your pronoun is listed as "they". Are you a hydra?

I learn town on Acryon for play, although his meekness is certainly nagging me in the back of my mind

Look over my case on C+A and the other posts leading up to and including my claim, and I think you may have less questions regarding my "meekness".
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:08 am

Post by acryon »

In post 806, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Acryon have you played with hydrae before

Nope.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:09 am

I can give you a few tips on dealing with hydrae.

At least how I deal with hydrae is I pick one head I feel comfortable reading and I completely ignore trying to read the other, bearing in mind the possible influence the second head might have on the "main"s posts. I then just treat the slot solely by my read of the "main" head.

It's a strategy that has worked well for me in the past
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:10 am

In post 807, acryon wrote:and I think you may have less questions regarding my "meekness".

you aren't pushing me towards places of interest and reads and I'm wondering why
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:10 am

Post by acryon »

In post 809, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:I can give you a few tips on dealing with hydrae.

At least how I deal with hydrae is I pick one head I feel comfortable reading and I completely ignore trying to read the other, bearing in mind the possible influence the second head might have on the "main"s posts. I then just treat the slot solely by my read of the "main" head.

It's a strategy that has worked well for me in the past

That makes sense.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:11 am

In post 804, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Rudy your pronoun is listed as "they". Are you a hydra?

Not a hydra. 'They' is used to refer to reindeers as a whole. :D I can change my pronoun to 'he' if it's going to ve confusing.

What about his play leans town to you?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:12 am

Post by acryon »

In post 810, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 807, acryon wrote:and I think you may have less questions regarding my "meekness".

you aren't pushing me towards places of interest and reads and I'm wondering why

I gave you posts concerning my views on my primary scum-reads, C+A and Rudy. What are you looking for exactly, because I'd be happy to point you there or re-state something that wasn't clear.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:15 am

In post 812, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:What about his play leans town to you?

frustration, transparent thought process, level head wrt the vitriol c+a has been shitting out, case on C+A is like all right when you consider the fact he's new to hydrae

pedit: pushing is an act of proactiveness
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:20 am

Post by acryon »

In post 814, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:

frustration, transparent thought process, level head wrt the vitriol c+a has been shitting out, case on C+A is like all right when you consider the fact he's new to hydrae

Even if we throw out everything related to playstyle based on the (non-critical) premise that C+A is experienced, the misrepresentations alone are enough to warrant a scum-read on C+A from me.

Regarding being proactive, I did that quite a bit in past days, on both C+A and Rudy, and it got me to the point of being lynched because I was pushing something people didn't like. It's not that I am going to back down entirely because people don't like it, but I now know my audience. Maybe the C+A case has to wait a day to catch on, and maybe it needs to develop a little more, but it becomes clear when the ground isn't fertile for what you think needs to grow.

I'm not the type of player to tell replacements how they should vote or how they should think. Their fresh perspective is one of the absolute best things for town, and I'd rather not muddy that, especially in the first couple days. Your unadulterated reads are some of the most valuable things we can get, so I'm not going to beat you over the head with my reads, because I'd rather see what you got from your fresh view.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:20 am

I've played with idiotking once in mini 1543 and i need him to do more before i bite onto him and never let go
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:23 am

my fresh view is c+a is scum

you are not voting c+a and instead sitting your vote on rudolph which to me seems like getting into a staring contest against a brick wall

head before the ass, so why aren't you reigniting this wagon?
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:26 am

Orc, can you state your read on my slot? I need you to elborate to effectively read you.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:27 am

Post by acryon »

In post 817, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:my fresh view is c+a is scum

you are not voting c+a and instead sitting your vote on rudolph which to me seems like getting into a staring contest against a brick wall

Oh, well if that is the question it is pretty simple. That's probably my fault and I intended to make it clear I would be willing to vote either Rudy or C+A today. I don't believe that the time exists for enough of the town to be readied to make the jump onto C+A. And I'm not excited about the idea of letting off of the Rudy vote before he really chimes in more on what's going on.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:28 am

I've seen frustration more from scum trying to fake it than town. There are cases where newbie town may be frustrated, but judging by his join date, Acryon isn't a newbie. There are also players who are naturally emotional and easily frustrated people -- GreyICE comes to mind -- by judging by Acryon's usually calm and collected posts, he doesn't strike me as that either.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:29 am

Post by acryon »

Maybe we can get some updated reads to see where people are at, but last I checked, there was no way a C+A lynch would every happen today.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:30 am

I'm pretty sure this is town-Wake here, Orc.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:34 am

In post 818, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:Orc, can you state your read on my slot? I need you to elborate to effectively read you.

i don't really care about your alignment at this time.

acryon wrote:
In post 817, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:my fresh view is c+a is scum

Oh, well if that is the question it is pretty simple. That's probably my fault and I intended to make it clear I would be willing to vote either Rudy or C+A today. I don't believe that the time exists for enough of the town to be readied to make the jump onto C+A. And I'm not excited about the idea of letting off of the Rudy vote before he really chimes in more on what's going on.
5 days is sufficient time so why are you concerned about time?

Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:

I've seen frustration more from scum trying to fake it than town. There are cases where newbie town may be frustrated, but judging by his join date, Acryon isn't a newbie. There are also players who are naturally emotional and easily frustrated people -- GreyICE comes to mind -- by judging by Acryon's usually calm and collected posts, he doesn't strike me as that either.

i mean are you really comparing greyice's frustration to acryon's? in this case it's a very muted very subtle frustration that sneaks its way into small phrases and more importantly into semantics. and it's not frustration to being run up it's frustration of not having a strong read not being listened to
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:36 am

In post 821, acryon wrote:Maybe we can get some updated reads to see where people are at, but last I checked, there was no way a C+A lynch would every happen today.

ok so this rings very off to me because there's 5 days left and i have no idea why you're trying to play the diplomacy game especially since replacements shake up gamestate by their very nature and i'm playing along with you as hard as i can and you are not taking my olive branch and i don't know why

hmmmm.

Return to “Completed Open Games”