Open 577: Hope Plus One! (GAME OVER - SCUM WIN)

GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by GGG »

In post 918, texcat wrote:
In post 764, Mathdino wrote:Misrep isn't a scumtell. It's a "I'm not properly reading the game" tell.

In post 850, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:Who even does NK speculation anymore? As Orc says, it's a very safe fakeclaim for scum to make.

All these new rules! What exactly is a scum tell these days? Whatever happened to the easy rules of lynch all lurkers, lynch all liars, and third person on the bandwagon is scum? And I always do NK speculation, though I will admit that it seldom leads anywhere.

In post 843, Cane + Able wrote:I'm giving acryon's read of Rudolph credence because macho doc is a stupid fake claim coming from scum imho.

There is no way he's living until lylo with that out there, and I don't see scum cutting their own life span like that.

Am I mis-reading this? Just because Acryon is alleged town doesn't make his reads any better than yours or mine, it only makes them sincere.

In post 860, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:house do you have a finished scumgame?

Please tell me that you are not going to read some old game to do meta on House before you even bother to read this game!
Do you have any actual interest in scum hunting this game?

Don't like, this is an active lurking post. I'm sheeping boo kitty and getting on board this wagon

VOTE: textcat
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Sure

VOTE: texcat
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

Eh, not liking the looks of this fast wagon.

I don't get the feeling she's actively lurking. Does anyone have meta on her?

- Wake
Everybody lies.

... except me, of course.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:10 pm

What about the fast wagon bothers you?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by Rudolph the Reindeer »

In post 917, Cane + Able wrote:I will say I'm curious who Rudolph is, since he says he's played with me when I was both Town and Scum. Speaking of my meta and all this chatter about how I play, you could always ask me directly here and in detail. You know, straight from the source. :mrgreen:

I'm not telling, but you're more than welcome to guess. I just won't say if you're right or wrong. :D

Wake88 wrote:Ach, Rudy, never be so confident, guy. I know I'm not Scum this game but please, when you show so much confident over an extremely underrated player, it's a weakness to be worked on.

6 years? Noob. :cool:

I think you're quite easy to read, despite what you may think, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some people are naturally just easier to read for certain people, but not everyone of course. My town read on you isn't on meta alone of course, I've shown a few posts of your slots that I think ping town.
Ho ho ho! Merry christmas, everyone! :D
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:45 pm

I want to see more from texcat from I jump on board that wagon.
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:46 pm

and third person on the bandwagon is scum?

lol
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:25 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 764, Mathdino wrote:Misrep isn't a scumtell. It's a "I'm not properly reading the game" tell.
In post 850, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:Who even does NK speculation anymore? As Orc says, it's a very safe fakeclaim for scum to make.

All these new rules! What exactly is a scum tell these days? Whatever happened to the easy rules of lynch all lurkers, lynch all liars, and third person on the bandwagon is scum? And I always do NK speculation, though I will admit that it seldom leads anywhere.

In post 843, Cane + Able wrote:I'm giving acryon's read of Rudolph credence because macho doc is a stupid fake claim coming from scum imho.

There is no way he's living until lylo with that out there, and I don't see scum cutting their own life span like that.

Am I mis-reading this? Just because Acryon is alleged town doesn't make his reads any better than yours or mine, it only makes them sincere.

In post 860, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:house do you have a finished scumgame?

Please tell me that you are not going to read some old game to do meta on House before you even bother to read this game!
Do you have any actual interest in scum hunting this game?

Yeesh this is bad.

Nothing is a scumtell, ignore the majority of the wiki. The entirety of MS has to some extent read the wiki, no one commits any standard tells only as scum anymore and nowadays the difference between town and scum doesn't boil down to a few buzzwords. Look at things in context, look at motivation, compare town motivation to scum motivation, look at acting, at fakeness, any of that, but always look at things in context. In context, I find it unlikely C+A was actively attempting to misrep me, for example, as the purpose of misrep is usually to A. convince people to vote with you, and B. to overpower the other person. In this case, I don't think it serves much purpose doing that deliberately.

You appear to misread that point, yes, but I'll let C+A explain it if he hasn't already.

Hmm. texcat, have there been any town games you've finished between now and Stack The Deck? Because I'm beginning to question whether indignance is a thing you often more as scum.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by Mathdino »

orcinus and Wake need to shut up about whatever argument they have just as I needed to shut up about Constantine. I, for one, found orcinus's """outside information""" to be nowhere near as relevant as a simple meta of House; that said, I don't think it's outside info and worthy of bickering over. Basically not terrible to use it, but it's not really that useful in the first place.

orcinus, I'll give you that minicase on 3G after I take care of other games. Responding to posts first, cases later.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Post by copper223 »

@TTH
In post 908, TellTaleHeart wrote:AHA, I figured it out.

I was just looking over copper's ISO with the strangest feeling that
something really important was missing.
And I know what it is now.

copper, do you have any scumreads right now?

Milk / Orcinus / someone I have as null like GGG/Tex

The inactivity of some slots was a problem for me because they were my most likely candidates (BMWS and NRG), after Boo's posts I think the vote switch from BMWS was a red herring.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:32 pm

In post 934, copper223 wrote:Milk / Orcinus / someone I have as null like GGG/Tex

when you are asked for your scumreads

and you have to put down someone you actually have as null

it's ok this game is hard i feel ya buddy
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

That was the point. I was speaking as to why I was taking his read seriously so soon after scum reading him.
Everybody lies.

Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

- House
Everybody lies.

My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:58 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

I'm reading in my breaks and post will come after work. :)
Eek
!
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:22 am

Post by Cane + Able »

Alright, I followed that advice orcinus PM'ed me, and I'm back.

Got my laptop out now, so I mean bidnezz! :giggle:

[quote="In post 933, Mathdino"]orcinus and Wake need to shut up about whatever argument they have just as I needed to shut up about Constantine.[quote]

No, that's bullshit.

The thing with you and Constantine was nothing like what orcinus did to me. There was no attempt on the part of either one of you to actually ridicule the other person using sensitive information that was shared in the spirit of friendship.

That kind of behavior has no place in society. It isn't cute when Billy ridicules Howard over his glasses on the achool yard playground, and it's not acceptable here. Him trying to write off his remarks as snark is a poor attempt of defending his crude, bullying tactics.

Bullying and snark are nothing alike, and such attacks on others should not be ignored or glossed over. Such players should be forcibly removed from the game either by the mod or the players to send the message that such behavior will not be tolerated.

I'd prefer to see him force-replaced or even mod killed because he does not deserve to win with whichever faction he belongs to, but I'll settle for stretching his neck.

VOTE: orcinus_thebully
Everybody lies.

Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:22 am

Post by Cane + Able »

- House
Everybody lies.

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:45 am

Post by acryon »

In post 824, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 821, acryon wrote:Maybe we can get some updated reads to see where people are at, but last I checked, there was no way a C+A lynch would every happen today.

ok so this rings very off to me because there's 5 days left and i have no idea why you're trying to play the diplomacy game especially since replacements shake up gamestate by their very nature and i'm playing along with you as hard as i can and you are not taking my olive branch and i don't know why

hmmmm.

I'm not at all. No offense, but if you actually read through the thread when I presented my case on C+A, there was incredibly strong resistance to basically every part of the case, so C+A would have to do something particularly egregious to get people to change their minds.

In post 838, Cane + Able wrote:Imagine a cop coming up to you as a child and saying you broke the law, and when you respond, "I'm six", he replies "well your uncle that you see once a year knows better!"

It's bullshit.

While I agree that part of my premise for that part of the argument may have been flawed, this seems like an absurd way to describe what a hydra actually is.

In post 873, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:
Acryon – until someone says coo-coo, you're not a Doc-coo, I believe his tweet-tweet, not lynching him this space and time. (Proven town until someone prooves the opposite.)

That's a bad idea. I don't advocate two people CCing to prove he's a fake; I advocate lynching him to prove he's a fake. Play thus far doesn't show he's a doc, it shows he's scum.

I also would never advocate two people CCing if I were fake-claiming, but lynching me to prove I'm fake is so dumb. Not only does it kill a PR if I'm telling the truth, but it weakens our other PRs. Too much damage if you're wrong (hint: you are). The case on me is frankly terrible, and no where near strong enough to outweigh the negatives of possibly lynching one PR and weakening another.

Some reads:
Orcinus - He is going about it the complete wrong way, but I believe he was just trying to rule out action from House as non-alignment indicative, which makes complete sense. Those still weren't issues I had, so my read will stay where it is on C+A. Lean-town.

I need to hear more from Texcat, specifically in relation to this:
In post 698, texcat wrote:I, of course, did notice C+A asking me numerous questions. I can tell you what I was thinking at the time, but will wait to hear from Wake.

Can you follow-up please.

It's also awkward that you would mention lynch all lurkers when you have posted less than anyone in this game by far. Which means you can;t possibly believe it to be a scum-tell, because if you are town, you just invalidated that idea for yourself. Makes me question whether you actually believe those to be scum-tells or not, and if you don't, why did you mention them?
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:46 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 935, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 934, copper223 wrote:Milk / Orcinus / someone I have as null like GGG/Tex

when you are asked for your scumreads

and you have to put down someone you actually have as null

it's ok this game is hard i feel ya buddy

Lol I'm sure you always have 3 scumreads D1.

@All
Can we lynch this guy? I was about to post the same as C+A about wanting out if he continued but I like a lot of players here so I'd rather get rid of the problem, or maybe he is playing like this to be disruptive as mafia, one can only hope and that would at least make sense somewhat.

VOTE: Orcinus
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:49 am

Post by texcat »

My first game on this site was Wake's NY177 which just recently finished (with House winning as scum at LYLO). I assumed that Wake's questions to me were his way of gently helping a new player along.

Yall are taking my remarks about scum tells much more seriously than I intended them. I guess I should have added some :eek: face to my post. Although it does bug me when people make seemingly blanket statements like Mathdino did. Misrep is not a scum tell. I hope what he meant was that misrep
in this instance
is not a scum tell. As he said later, everything in context.

And yeah, I can get on this wagon,
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:52 am

Post by acryon »

In post 942, copper223 wrote:Lol I'm sure you always have 3 scumreads D1.

@All
Can we lynch this guy? I was about to post the same as C+A about wanting out if he continued but I like a lot of players here so I'd rather get rid of the problem, or maybe he is playing like this to be disruptive as mafia, one can only hope and that would at least make sense somewhat.

I fear that this town is latching onto an Orcinus lynch because they don't like his playstyle or way of talking to people. I don't particularly either, but he isn't scum for it. Let's call it what it is; this is primarily a policy wagon.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:53 am

Post by acryon »

Some people are abrasive/rude/insensitive/whatever, but it's not alignment-indicative.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:04 am

Post by texcat »

I agree, but I also think there is a good chance that he is scum. He is not scum hunting. He is jumping on bandwagons randomly and opportunistically.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:12 am

Post by acryon »

In post 946, texcat wrote:I agree, but I also think there is a good chance that he is scum. He is not scum hunting. He is jumping on bandwagons randomly and opportunistically.

He has voted twice. Once for C+A who had 0 votes, and then on you, which could be categorized as jumping on randomly.

You were the 3rd vote on Orcinus in 5 posts.

And the two of you said almost the exact same thing of each other's wagons (that is, basically nothing).

In post 926, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Sure

VOTE: texcat

In post 943, texcat wrote:And yeah, I can get on this wagon,
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:16 am

Post by acryon »

Also, is this:
In post 943, texcat wrote:My first game on this site was Wake's NY177 which just recently finished (with House winning as scum at LYLO). I assumed that Wake's questions to me were his way of gently helping a new player along.

An answer to this:
In post 941, acryon wrote:I need to hear more from Texcat, specifically in relation to this:
In post 698, texcat wrote:I, of course, did notice C+A asking me numerous questions. I can tell you what I was thinking at the time, but will wait to hear from Wake.

Can you follow-up please.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:49 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

taking post so votecount will start a new page.

Return to “Completed Open Games”