Open 577: Hope Plus One! (GAME OVER - SCUM WIN)

theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:52 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Vote Count 1.13
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Rudolph the Reindeer (3)
- Mathdino, acryon, Aneninen
GGG (2)
- Rudolph the Reindeer, TellTaleHeart
texcat (4)
- Idiotking, bookitty, GGG, orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal (4)
- Cain+Able, copper223, texcat, My Milked Eek
Last edited by theelkspeaks on Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:22 am

Post by texcat »

In post 759, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:VOTE: rudolph

i wonder how far i can get into this game before people start scumreading me for not writing a case

i dont want to write a case

In post 763, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 762, acryon wrote:I would like to add that one of the key points of my arguments that continues to be overlooked is C+A misrepresentation. This has been written off my Math mostly as just miscommunication, but it's a little disingenuous to say my case was entirely playstyle-related. You can look at my ISO to see that it was more than that.

haha i remember hearing this recently

VOTE: cane and able

come one come all

In post 926, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Sure

VOTE: texcat

In post 947, acryon wrote:
He has voted twice. Once for C+A who had 0 votes, and then on you, which could be categorized as jumping on randomly.

You were the 3rd vote on Orcinus in 5 posts.

And the two of you said almost the exact same thing of each other's wagons (that is, basically nothing).

Actually, he has voted 3 times. And while I didn't comment in the post where I voted, I had previously commented on Orc's scum hunting, or lack of scum hunting.

And yes that was a response to your question and request for a followup, Acryon, as well as a response to Mathdino's question about my recently completed games.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:26 am

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 937, Cane + Able wrote:- House

In post 944, acryon wrote:
In post 942, copper223 wrote:Lol I'm sure you always have 3 scumreads D1.

@All
Can we lynch this guy? I was about to post the same as C+A about wanting out if he continued but I like a lot of players here so I'd rather get rid of the problem, or maybe he is playing like this to be disruptive as mafia, one can only hope and that would at least make sense somewhat.

VOTE: Orcinus

I fear that this town is latching onto an Orcinus lynch because they don't like his playstyle or way of talking to people. I don't particularly either, but he isn't scum for it. Let's call it what it is; this is primarily a policy wagon.

I never suggested otherwise, it's a damn good policy wagon.
Everybody lies.

... except me, of course.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:30 am

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 941, acryon wrote:
In post 824, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 821, acryon wrote:Maybe we can get some updated reads to see where people are at, but last I checked, there was no way a C+A lynch would every happen today.

ok so this rings very off to me because there's 5 days left and i have no idea why you're trying to play the diplomacy game especially since replacements shake up gamestate by their very nature and i'm playing along with you as hard as i can and you are not taking my olive branch and i don't know why

hmmmm.

I'm not at all. No offense, but if you actually read through the thread when I presented my case on C+A, there was incredibly strong resistance to basically every part of the case, so C+A would have to do something particularly egregious to get people to change their minds.

In post 838, Cane + Able wrote:Imagine a cop coming up to you as a child and saying you broke the law, and when you respond, "I'm six", he replies "well your uncle that you see once a year knows better!"

It's bullshit.

While I agree that part of my premise for that part of the argument may have been flawed, this seems like an absurd way to describe what a hydra actually is.

It's a pretty accurate description of this particular hydra, if you've been paying attention at all. Not blaming Wake, he has much more important things to deal with. I'm blaming you for leveraging his experience against me when he simply hadn't been participating.

- House
Everybody lies.

... except me, of course.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:31 am

Post by Bookitty »

@Orcinus: Can you try to play nicer, please? I, for one, have delicate baby howler monkey feelings and I don't like being called ugly. Everyone has their sensitive spots and if we can, I would like us to try not to aim for them. It's just a game, after all.

That aside, I had a townread on gravity and I have the feeling that this is playstyle on the part of Orcinus and not alignment indicative. I don't like policy lynches, so I'm not getting involved in one here.

@MOD:
The vote count is wrong. My Milked Eek's vote is on Gravity, when it should be on Orcinus who replaced him.

Fixed.

I don't much like Anen categorising my reads list as waffling when I have some kind of read on everyone on it, something not present in Anen's list. Nice to meet you, Pot, I'm Kettle. :p

I haven't shifted much from my previous reads. Mathdino looks a little better, Anen looks marginally worse. I'm still happy with my vote where it is (on Texcat).
Last edited by theelkspeaks on Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:32 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 917, Cane + Able wrote:Methinks TTH really, super honestly doesn't know much about this Wake freak. I, I think she's only played with me once, and I daresay she's not familiar with my six years of experience or the way I deliberately change patterns to try and be less readable. It does feel rather overconfident to deduce how I play from one game, but don't mind me, I'm just the dude in the corner getting gabbed about.

I'm not trying to read you by meta at all. Rudolph is, and that's what I'm trying to evaluate.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:35 am

Post by acryon »

In post 951, texcat wrote:Actually, he has voted 3 times. And while I didn't comment in the post where I voted, I had previously commented on Orc's scum hunting, or lack of scum hunting.

Well I still wouldn't say the Rudy vote qualifies as random, and it was his first vote of the game, so I looked at it as more of a base vote.

Also,
policy lynches are anti-town.

Let's lynch scum please.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:39 am

Post by acryon »

In post 953, Cane + Able wrote:It's a pretty accurate description of this particular hydra, if you've been paying attention at all. Not blaming Wake, he has much more important things to deal with. I'm blaming you for leveraging his experience against me when he simply hadn't been participating.

- House

Can we stop acting like a flawed perception of your experience was somehow the crux of my case?

Refer to and explain how those points are based on experience?
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:19 am

Post by Rudolph the Reindeer »

OK, texcat is definitely activr lurking.

VOTE: Texcat[/quote]

Also, no policy lynches please. Orc isn't gettijg lynched today
Ho ho ho! Merry christmas, everyone! :D
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:20 am

Post by Rudolph the Reindeer »

VOTE: Texcat

Whoops!
Ho ho ho! Merry christmas, everyone! :D
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:20 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

So

Mod

Since C+A seems to have no troulbe talking about the "autistic trucker" situation (ala 939), and seeing as you posted after him, i will as well. After all the list of things we can/cannot talk about should be universal among players, correct?

I honestly honestly think C+A is trying to be emotionally manipulative. The replace out was apparently faked. The vote on me is according to said post purely due to being offended, which as i've mentioned before using that GTKAS quote, shouldn't be the rational response to this. The "kicked puppy" thing is purely AtE and I think that the deliberate manipulation rings scum to me

Given the information I have to work with I don't feel a genuine interaction here
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:23 am

Hey texcat

You say i'm not scumhunting. tell me why you feel that way

I think your questions to me were weak weak weak and were asked for hte sake of asking questions, not in order to find scum

what do you have to say to that

Here are the questions btw

Do you have any actual interest in scum hunting this game?

In post 923, texcat wrote:LOL, no, it was an entirely rhetorical question. But here's some real questions. Have you read the thread yet? Do you plan on doing so? I will admit that at 37 pages it is somewhat of a slog. I found the 8 or so new pages today to be a little intimidating.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:30 am

I mean house

he has been unnecessarily vitriolic this game
he has said in the past for players to excuse him for this behavior because he is autistic
I am excusing him for this behavior, despite insults launched at me, because he is autistic
he is now angry

this is not a logical progression
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:31 am

like book i will be happy to drop this issue

but i can't when i am being wagoned
for
this issue
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:33 am

Post by Bookitty »

I don't support your wagon. I'm not going to comment the stuff that already happened. I feel like I know you a little, though, and I don't think you'd hurt someone's feelings on purpose. That's why I directed my appeal at you :)
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:33 am

Post by copper223 »

@Acryon
Stop calling it a policy lynch when it is not.

If he was abrasive alone that would not warrant a vote, but do you want to even compare his entry posts to Boo and TTH? Who looks more town to you? He wasted 3 pages and 1 day creating havoc close to the deadline, this is a fact, did he do it soley cause he has an axe to grind with House and is naturally abrasive, or is it scum play? I do not know and the way you just absolve him is bad WIFOM from you, I see no better lynch at the time based on empirical facts and not on playstile.

Instead of giving reads his starting posts screm: who do we (mis)lynch, he actually asked us who he should sheep on, by the questions he asked later and the follow the cop plan he proposed it is evident he did not even read the thread, now tell me which alignment does this look more like to you?

His tone changed the tone of my reply, not the logic behind the read.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:34 am

Post by acryon »

In post 965, copper223 wrote:@Acryon
Stop calling it a policy lynch when it is not.

Uhhh, C+A admitted it
was
a policy lynch.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:35 am

Is your head still at texcat/rudolph, book?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:36 am

Post by acryon »

In post 965, copper223 wrote:If he was abrasive alone that would not warrant a vote, but do you want to even compare his entry posts to Boo and TTH? Who looks more town to you? He wasted 3 pages and 1 day creating havoc close to the deadline, this is a fact, did he do it soley cause he has an axe to grind with House and is naturally abrasive, or is it scum play? I do not know and the way you just absolve him is bad WIFOM from you, I see no better lynch at the time based on empirical facts and not on playstile.

Boo and TTH both look more town than Orc, but I still don't think Orc is scum.

In post 965, copper223 wrote:Instead of giving reads his starting posts screm: who do we (mis)lynch, he actually asked us who he should sheep on, by the questions he asked later and the follow the cop plan he proposed it is evident he did not even read the thread, now tell me which alignment does this look more like to you?

Yeah, because town are never lazy...
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:36 am

Post by Bookitty »

Yes. I am most sure of Texcat. Not so sure on Rudolph now, given that he jumped on that wagon.

Not GGG still. I am not positive there but I think he's town.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:37 am

Post by copper223 »

Lol, if he claimed scum will you say: because town is never dumb, and move on?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:39 am

What about copper?

Pedit I'm scum yo
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:41 am

Post by Bookitty »

I think copper is town. He was one of the first people I ISOed because it's my belief that if he were scum we'd be screwed. I don't think he is.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:43 am

In post 972, Bookitty wrote:it's my belief that if he were scum we'd be screwed

he has that scary of a rep?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:44 am

Post by Bookitty »

It's my opinion.

Return to “Completed Open Games”