Open 577: Hope Plus One! (GAME OVER - SCUM WIN)

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:44 am

Post by acryon »

In post 970, copper223 wrote:Lol, if he claimed scum will you say: because town is never dumb, and move on?

Of course not, but you're trying to say not reading the thread is alignment-indicative, and I disagree.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:45 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Just to confirm, you think that highly of copper's scumgame?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:45 am

Post by copper223 »

@Orcinus
Shocking.

@Acryon
Rudi should be unlynchable for you given your treatment of Orcinus, why is it not the case?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:47 am

There's definitely a certain amount of cogdis in my wagon being policy/not policy. Aside from that i'm still angry about being accused of insulting house when a) i didn't insult house b) i was literally giving lenience towards
house's insults
. but that last point is irrelevant whatever
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:47 am

Post by acryon »

In post 977, copper223 wrote:@Acryon
Rudi should be unlynchable for you given your treatment of Orcinus, why is it not the case?

Why?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:47 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 975, acryon wrote:Of course not, but you're trying to say not reading the thread is alignment-indicative, and I disagree.

I kind of disagree with you here, Acryon. I think scum can sometimes screw up by failing to follow the thread closely enough or just sheeping someone without any real reasoning. Not reading the thread is REALLY alignment indicative for cases like that.

Dinging someone who just replaced into the game for not reading closely enough, though, isn't that productive. Not reading in that case is more indicative of work ethic than alignment imo.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:47 am

In post 977, copper223 wrote:@Orcinus
Shocking.

@Acryon

what's shocking?

not to intercept this question but i don't understand what you're asking
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 976, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Just to confirm, you think that highly of copper's scumgame?

I think that highly of copper's intelligence. Let us leave it at that, please.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:49 am

Post by copper223 »

@Acryon
Do you think that playing overall to your win-con is alignment indicative?

Regarding Rudi: You are taking the stance here that Orcinus is likely not mafia because he is to brazen about it, Rudi also was brazen asking us to lynch you despite your claim, why is one a probable town and the other a probable mafia, aside from OMGUS?

@Orcinus
Shocking you said you were scum, yo.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:51 am

Post by acryon »

In post 983, copper223 wrote:@Acryon
Do you think that playing overall to your win-con is alignment indicative?

Of course it is, but town do stupid things, and so do scum. Although it sometimes is, doing stupid things isn't always scummy.
In post 983, copper223 wrote:Regarding Rudi: You are taking the stance here that Orcinus is likely not mafia because he is to brazen about it, Rudi also was brazen asking us to lynch you despite your claim, why is one a probable town and the other a probable mafia, aside from OMGUS?

How is that my stance on Orcinus? And that's not the only reason I think Rudy is scum. Look in my ISO for more (both when I actually said it and when I repeated it for Orc).
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:52 am

Post by acryon »

For the record, I don't think Rudy pushing on me after my claim is the reason he is scum, because I think the action is more stupid than scummy.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:55 am

In post 917, Cane + Able wrote:Orc saying he doesn't care about Rudolph's alignment in 825 sort of irks me, because generally in Mafia if you're Town you should be concerned about learning players' alignments. I do find it reasonable for Rudy to question why not.

finish your analysis here. i replied to the "why not". what do you think about it?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:55 am

In post 982, Bookitty wrote:
In post 976, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Just to confirm, you think that highly of copper's scumgame?

I think that highly of copper's intelligence. Let us leave it at that, please.

sure. if i ever develop a sufficiently strong scumread on copper i may come back to this for meta purposes

i don't really know what i'm doing for the rest of the day right now aside from sitting my vote on texcat

what do you think about 3g
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:00 am

Post by Bookitty »

Leaning town at the moment. Want me to look at him in particular?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:01 am

Post by copper223 »

@Acryon
Ok I will take the time to re-read your ISO at home before replying, drinking a coffee at starbucks presently, prost ;-)
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:02 am

In post 988, Bookitty wrote:Leaning town at the moment. Want me to look at him in particular?

i mean i dont' really have a reason to look at him aside from mathdino is scumreading him and i'm townreading dino so

if you want we can do that and sync up
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay, I'm mildly scumreading Mathdino. I'll do GGG, you do Mathdino, that could work. Deal?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:05 am

sure
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:25 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. I’m not rereading Newbie because I didn’t enjoy it the first time. Let’s call that a null read.

GGG starts out in with an attack on NotReallyGood’s . Worth noting because that post is just abysmal. He’s reading copper as town, and I was too, so that is good with me.

I don’t like people saying things are gut, so his read on Cane + Able was completely useless to me. I need reasons.

He jabs at Rudolph for being the helpful townie. I remember not liking this before I read Rudolph (and that’s something for another post, but I want to remember it.) This continues in where he calls out Rudy for buddying with Anen in . (Hey, and it worked, because in Anen says Rudolph may be town! :p )

Okay, here’s where I start to go townlean on GGG and I don’t look back. notes his concerns with Rudolph’s interactions with Constantine. He says this about copper: “Rereading his ISO the reason I had that general feeling and still do is every post he makes has a point. There is no fluff. If you re-read the game there is so much fluff and bickering that someone making concise content filled posts comes of as town.” I support this statement fully and completely.

It’s worth noting here that Idiotking replaced Constantine. I have really liked IK’s posts. GGG was defending Constantine against Rudolph (and I’ve said before about Rudolph’s weird contradiction (I can look it up again, but it’s in my big reads list).

is interesting in that GGG reacts to buddying in the way I generally expect town to do.

Okay, I’m not doing post by post from now on, but I agree with or feel that these posts are honest and appropriate to the game state at the time they were made:

Defense of Acryon.
Irritation with House for picking and choosing when things should be addressed to the mod (which, given recent events, seems really odd too)
Take responsibility for your own actions, don’t fob it off on random.org
I largely agree with this.
Oh god, I hate the “one of these two players is scum” crap. Does that EVER prove to be true?

Also, he sheeped me. Obviously he must be town. :p
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:26 am

this is obnoxious because i don't have a scumgame to work meta magic with

pedit well hello
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:28 am

The markers I was trying to find in his town games that would be indicative for this game are
-theory overload
-doling out town reads, being generally non-combative
-really fluid reads

Seeing as I can't reasonably use meta, these markers are relatively useless so I'm going to restart this read. Give me a bit
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:30 am

Post by Bookitty »

No hurry. I have a cold, so my concentration is sort of sporadic at the moment. :)
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Rudolph the Reindeer »

I never made a big contradiction, Boo. I voted Constantibe because of his glaring hypocrisy and ab homenem that I thought was from a scum mindset. I unvoted once I checked out his games and realised he always plays like this.

learn2readbro
Ho ho ho! Merry christmas, everyone! :D
Rudolph the Reindeer
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Rudolph the Reindeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Rudolph the Reindeer »

Trying to meta a person with no scumgames is useless, by the way. I wouldn't bother
Ho ho ho! Merry christmas, everyone! :D
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Mathdino »

Got no time, I crashed last night, really sorry again, real life takes precedence. Have read everything except the wall on 3G above. Suffice it to say:

C+A vs orcinus is TvT, I don't want to lynch either, I'd take a wild guess that wagons on them are semi-scum motivated simply due to their pushiness. That said, I still have not reread C+A's ISO and the entire game, so if one of them were scum, I'd say it'd be C+A.

texcat is really screwing with me, I want her to respond to me. I've played with scum-her before actually. I think she's scum.

I don't have a strong read on Bookitty, I often have issues reading experienced players not because of a different playstyle but because I know they're experienced and know how to fake stuff.

Ugh, need to do a reads list. My play is generally way better the more time I have; I think it may be notable that the less time I have to put into a game, the more I end up being scumread. 575 and 574 I was pretty much a universal townread, nowadays, not so much, because the strong aspect of my town game is my cases and longer pieces of analysis.
Basically, I'd appreciate if you took into account that this game is basically my town game without shit that takes too long to write.

Return to “Completed Open Games”