Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:41 am

Post by Formerfish »

Benefits? Being able to use your "conftown"status to drive people a certain way, to figure out who is mislynchable, to make yourself seem more town. Think about it, Titus dies and flips scum, who is really going to look at the guy who brought him into the neighborhood?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 4221, Formerfish wrote:TD- I started to iso dive those who were on my wagon hardcore yesterday. He was one that I did and found a lot of things that rubbed me the wrong way. I have seen a scum neighborizer before and will not rule out the chance of there being one here solely on the knowledge that scum had an encriptor. Someone asked what the point of that would be, well thats the point. Having both would force town to ask that question at some point and then figure out what to do. Right now we have 3 town PRs claimed, I think we'll get some resolution tonight.

Mollie is strong as town, if someone wanted to negate that early on she would be a good choice for a nk. Scum could see her as a threat that needed removing.

I ask because I came to the same conclusion day 3 due to the way titus was acting around mollie and how quickly she accepted mollie being sk.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:43 am

Post by Garmr »

So same conclusion different reasons.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:44 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 4218, Formerfish wrote:I understand that. I haven't been able to get into this game the same way that I would others. There is simply too much going on. So I decided to zero in on one thing that made sense to me, and that was a scum read on Mollie. I have been trying to interact with her to solidify the read, or change it, but her refusal to engage me only fueled my desire to see her swing, because to me that is indicative of her scum game.

I don't like the way that Kise blindly follows Mollie around like a lost little puppy, defending her against any and all suspicion. Decrying people as scum for doing things that he refuses to see as scummy in Mollie herself.

Garmr seemed like he was on my side, but now presented a case based off my preds and nothing to do with me, so that seems suspect.

Rach needs to start being active for me to get any sort of read off her. I'm trying to remember what game it was that we played in together recently where she was as lurky as she was here.

You are a cop that we lynched correctly from, your not dying is easily explained with the existence of a doc, and if you think about it if Mollie is not group scum they may have targeted her n1 for the kill to get rid of her and she could have easily been saved by the doc as well.

I am trying to play the game to the best of my ability, but usually that gets done by interacting with people and having them answer questions to see where their heads are at. When people ignore me and tell me that they are not going to answer simple questions like "How do you think a bomb works" I get frustrated and have no idea how to go on.

This is the best post you've made so far this game.

Like its way better than the ones where you want to act like a martyr and you have like 3 votes.

Also that Rach game is also Harry Potter. Because I was rather insulting to her about her activity in that game and it didnt help at all.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:47 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 4225, Formerfish wrote:Benefits? Being able to use your "conftown"status to drive people a certain way, to figure out who is mislynchable, to make yourself seem more town. Think about it, Titus dies and flips scum, who is really going to look at the guy who brought him into the neighborhood?

And you think the best way to do that is to make a scum/scum/town neighborhood. And then kill off the town in the neighborhood.

Yeah okay.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:50 am

Post by Garmr »

@twie
Your reads aren't as strong pushed or as strong willed today and previous days it seems you are a bit lost and trying to work things out?
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:54 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Yeah well my next best scumread after Titus was TD.

And that sorta disappeared overnight a couple days ago.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 4231, TheWayItEnds wrote:Yeah well my next best scumread after Titus was TD.

And that sorta disappeared overnight a couple days ago.

Yeh I can see your trying to work out the game and thinking critically. I'm also having trouble with a 6th scum read. Fish is 5th but now everyone seems to be stepping up there game so I have to look back and have to try find slips. I think the best pieces of evidence are when scum felt the most comfortable around the day 1-day2 period day 3 and day 4 have less information because I feel like we have been milking those today.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:29 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4224, TheWayItEnds wrote:PV what conclusions are you drawing from IaI's ISO?

I haven't yet. I'm trying to think if IaI includes any buddies in his town reads or not? HOw does he handle his buddies? How does he treat town in a way to leave them as a viable mislynch?

The House null bugs me because AuntJ mirrored it soon after (). However, she followed with a House vote ().
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 4228, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 4218, Formerfish wrote:I understand that. I haven't been able to get into this game the same way that I would others. There is simply too much going on. So I decided to zero in on one thing that made sense to me, and that was a scum read on Mollie. I have been trying to interact with her to solidify the read, or change it, but her refusal to engage me only fueled my desire to see her swing, because to me that is indicative of her scum game.

I don't like the way that Kise blindly follows Mollie around like a lost little puppy, defending her against any and all suspicion. Decrying people as scum for doing things that he refuses to see as scummy in Mollie herself.

Garmr seemed like he was on my side, but now presented a case based off my preds and nothing to do with me, so that seems suspect.

Rach needs to start being active for me to get any sort of read off her. I'm trying to remember what game it was that we played in together recently where she was as lurky as she was here.

You are a cop that we lynched correctly from, your not dying is easily explained with the existence of a doc, and if you think about it if Mollie is not group scum they may have targeted her n1 for the kill to get rid of her and she could have easily been saved by the doc as well.

I am trying to play the game to the best of my ability, but usually that gets done by interacting with people and having them answer questions to see where their heads are at. When people ignore me and tell me that they are not going to answer simple questions like "How do you think a bomb works" I get frustrated and have no idea how to go on.

This is the best post you've made so far this game.

Like its way better than the ones where you want to act like a martyr and you have like 3 votes.

Also that Rach game is also Harry Potter. Because I was rather insulting to her about her activity in that game and it didnt help at all.

Martyr, am I wrong for thinking that without PV coming out with a guilty that I would have been the lynch yesterday?

Hmm... she was town in HP, right?

In post 4229, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 4225, Formerfish wrote:Benefits? Being able to use your "conftown"status to drive people a certain way, to figure out who is mislynchable, to make yourself seem more town. Think about it, Titus dies and flips scum, who is really going to look at the guy who brought him into the neighborhood?

And you think the best way to do that is to make a scum/scum/town neighborhood. And then kill off the town in the neighborhood.

Yeah okay.

You didn't ask about optimal play, you asked for possible benefits. Those two are very different things.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:54 am

Post by PeregrineV »

standard by which I'm judging you
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p5211757
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:16 am

Post by Formerfish »

Jesus, that was the first game I had on site that wasn't a newbie. That was also over a year ago, you don't think that my game evolved since then? We've also had plenty of other games where my play hasn't been anything like that game.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:21 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 4234, Formerfish wrote:Hmm... she was town in HP, right?

Yeah.

She was also town and lurky in Marvel.

I dont think I've been in a game with her as scum though to compare too.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4236, Formerfish wrote:Jesus, that was the first game I had on site that wasn't a newbie. That was also over a year ago, you don't think that my game evolved since then? We've also had plenty of other games where my play hasn't been anything like that game.

There was another, but you were town and I was scum, so I didn't have to scumhunt you.

I don't remember any other...

And by evolve you mean "gotten better"?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Formerfish »

I swear we've played more games together, but I could just be imagining that. And yes I do mean have gotten better, or at least not play so predictably or the same. I feel like my game has significantly improved since that game. Shit man, dive into my past games and you'll see that my intros into game vary from game to game.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Formerfish »

Also, I replaced into that game at 541 posts, it wasnt as daunting of a task to read that and get a grasp of people.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4240, Formerfish wrote:Also, I replaced into that game at 541 posts, it wasnt as daunting of a task to read that and get a grasp of people.

Here you have 14 players left, 2 scum, an SK, and 4 dead scum to research.

I'm confused on how this is more difficult than Isla.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:23 am

Post by Formerfish »

because there is 4242 posts to go through to get a complete picture of what is going on and based my reads off of. The sheer number of fluff posts included is asinine. Im sorry that I am not going to scumhunt in the way that you deem to be acceptable.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

I have read very little from day 3 and before, even at this point.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

@ fishy

this was the extent of your engagement with me:

you: you're scum
me: no i am not? do you have a reason to believe this?
you: my seekrit tell

and then that was...all you did. there was no discussion cos you weren't interested in having any so stop pretending like you were. I find it ironic that you are whining about being ignored and yet managed to ignore kise, d3x, rach and ank all giving reasons as to why I am unlikely grpscum or the sk. I am not sure what your beef is with me but i want nothing to do with you until you resolve it.

rach doesn't have to post a ton and drown every1 else out in order to send up a town flare. activity level is null for her but she has taken solid stances and is cutting through the bs that is flying around (or is trying to but is steadily getting drowned out). ffs, she is 1 of the easiest players to read on this site if you can't read her then you might want to look at that. she has also moved across the country so i imagine she has things other than mafia going on but she is still posting content and trying to shut down the shitshow while you and garmr keep wanting to feed it.

there is 1 huge point in your favour that has nothing to do with you is that iirc yiley LIKES playing scum and usually is much more happy and active. what works against that point is that the whole scumteam seemed pretty unenthused and were overall acting pretty strange. IaI and aj did next to nothing. titus made a shitty gambit and then backpedaled during the middle of it. nero was obvscum. like it makes no sense i am looking at these flips and thinking that is a pretty strong team that shld have gelled but didn't. why? usually when something like this happens it cos of some disagreement or tension on the scumboard.

and kise isn't following me around like a puppy dog if anything i sheeped his vote. it seems the motivation for the discredit is cos he is (and rightfully so) disagreeing with you. and you whine about my emotionalism while going all emo yourself like...repeatedly? yeah no. the only thing that you have said that i liked is that if majiffy were the doc he wld have protected me n1 and he wld. but then you go and try to discredit kise. *scratches head*

@ perv

you and I both have the same meta on scum!IaI; posh. I am not sure how much of him being a traitor in that game wld colour his play. but I think he did put uber goober as null then moved him to a townread. can't remember what he did with borky or anybody else.

and if you need comfort that i am not the sk go look at mine and HI's exchanges throughout the game. I saved him from getting lynched and heavy meta-dived him to the point where he said that i was getting stalky, didn't nk him,
whew!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:28 am

Post by Ankamius »

FTR, FormerFish has addressed the main issue with his ISO, but his content in that post isn't all that great ) *:
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:46 am

Post by Garmr »

Trying to think of something else to adds at the momment but still half asleep and woke up at 1:05 am. I was dreaming that i was having trouble getting asleep and then someone whispered in my ear lets get it on stud I look over and it was honey boo boo childs mum woke up screaming.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Garmr »

Worst dream ever.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:21 am

Post by d3x »

UnOfficial Vote Count

Garmr (4): Kise, pirate mollie, House, RachMarie
pirate mollie (3): Pine, Formerfish, Garmr
Formerfish (3): StrangerCoug, Ankamius, PeregrineV
TiphaineDeath (1): Kthxbye
Pine (1): d3x
Ankamius (1): TiphaineDeath

Not Voting (1): TheWayItEnds

We have just over a week to deadline. We need to start consolidating the Wagons.

I'd Vote Garmr over mollie in a 1v1 scenario. I'd Vote Pine or Fish over either. If a FlashWagon on Kthx sprung up, I would not be upset. Without a Guilty, I'm not Voting TD... ever.

Vote:Fish
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:00 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 4248, d3x wrote:
UnOfficial Vote Count

Garmr (4): Kise, pirate mollie, House, RachMarie
pirate mollie (3): Pine, Formerfish, Garmr
Formerfish (3): StrangerCoug, Ankamius, PeregrineV
TiphaineDeath (1): Kthxbye
Pine (1): d3x
Ankamius (1): TiphaineDeath

Not Voting (1): TheWayItEnds

We have just over a week to deadline. We need to start consolidating the Wagons.

I'd Vote Garmr over mollie in a 1v1 scenario. I'd Vote Pine or Fish over either. If a FlashWagon on Kthx sprung up, I would not be upset. Without a Guilty, I'm not Voting TD... ever.

Vote:Fish

Once all the mafia are gone will you consider voting mollie for being sk. Because I guarantee I'm not mafia and investigation will prove that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”