Game of Thrones

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by Oman »

Also, Telltale can do some shit. They're really, really, good.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Moral of the Story: I am not fit to do anything in the world of ASOIAF and House Forrester will be in ruins by the end of my playthrough.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 3024, Oman wrote:
Spoiler: Episode One Stuff
So, Reck, first off fix your shit :P Gared is the guy that feels the weakest and goes to the wall. I think we'll get to see him later and if he becomes a Rangers and becomes empowered he'll have more pressing decisions (AND OH MY GOD A MECHANIC WILL ASSIST IN STORYTELLING!). That's my hope, anyway. Otherwise he's a narrative device and that's lame.

I think the Ramsay scene is just to set up Ramsay as heartless, so that the final scene has weight/danger.

You've summed up exactly how I felt at the end too. The whole lead up, feeling excited about how to run my community, wondering how best to make my name as a Lord. Then...you know...he fuckin' bleeds out. Woop Woop.

Does a good thing having the wildcard in Asher set up to return. If he comes back, he'll get the Lordship (if I predict correctly) then we can see some awesome shit.

Yeah, fixed the name in my spoilers.

Supposedly, this series starts near the end of Season 3 in the show, and will wrap up events up to the very beginning of Season 5 and play nicely into the show's timeline. I'd imagine that Season 2 (which is coming out at the end of 2015/early 2016) will parallel Season 5/a bit beyond.
green shirt thursdays
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by Oman »

I haven't watched Season 4 yet so I should probably get on it.

Is it worth reading the books?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 12, xRECKONERx wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:I feel sorry for anyone who didnt know about game of thrones until it became an (overrated) tv show.

This is my favourite post in this whole threat btw.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 3028, Oman wrote:I haven't watched Season 4 yet so I should probably get on it.

Is it worth reading the books?

Definitely watch Season 4 before the next episode of the game comes out as it might start getting into spoiler territory. This episode basically ended with the end of S3, so anything from henceforth risks spoiling you.

I'll tell you this much... I've read 4/5 books and I'm working my way through the 5th right now. They're good. But I think seeing the show first spoiled me as I now can't separate the two.
green shirt thursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Jesus, this is like The Walking Dead all over again. I have to step away every five minutes to think about how to reply in conversations. Not that it matters, since apparently I can't help but mouth off to everyone. I may not be remembering GoT properly, but I'm certain that telling Cersei to fuck herself is a strong survival trait.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Heh.

That was my thing. I played TWD/TWAU and generally made decisions on the fly. But with this game, I found myself pausing to go outside and talk to someone and explain my situation and talk through what I think the positives/negatives are.
green shirt thursdays
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:43 pm

Post by Oman »

RECKONER YOU ARE VIOLATING THE PREMISE OF THE GAME!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I know :(. THATS HOW STRESSFUL IT WAS
green shirt thursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I think it really is more stressful, at least for me. With TWD, I didn't know much about the verse, and Lee was an original character, so I was free to pick whatever most appealed to me. With TWAU, I know the universe and Bigby, so I just tried to stay "in character". But with GoT, I know the universe, but I have an original character, so I both have to figure out what these characters are about while knowing that any GoT media worth its salt is willing to kill me off whenever it needs to.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah. I mean, it helps going into conversations, say, with Cersei, and knowing, "Oh fuck, she's ruthless, can't trust her," and having to play it out with that knowledge as a viewer. Same way that I felt relieved when talking to Tyrion, because I know he's a good guy/trustworthy fellow from the show.
green shirt thursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:36 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

It is kinda cruel though that Telltale make you deal with both Cersei and Ramsay in the first episode, though.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Looks like next episode...

Spoiler:
We get to see Jon Snow. Meaning that Gerad actually makes it to the Wall, yay! I wonder if he'll run into the guy I banished to the Wall in the previous episode?

Drama between Duncan/Royland over who gets to lead House Forrester after Ethan's death. Weird. I don't know who will be the POV character, there? TTG has NEVER dropped us into the POV of a character we've already met before, I hope they don't start now.

I have a feeling Mira will start going down a much more Sansa-esque route. Wheeling and dealing in the Capital. I can't wait.

Seriously WHO THE FUCK is our POV character back at Ironwrath? It can't be anyone we've met before, but we're seeing first-hand glimpses into the Elissa/Talia conversation in the Great Hall.

And, looks like the Uncle gets to Essos and is traveling with Asher. If it's anything like the books, this means Asher is never coming home. Dany has to show up at some point, right? So, don't be surprised if they dick around in Essos for awhile.
green shirt thursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:32 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Spoiler:
TTG has never dropped us into the POV of a character we've never met before because TWD/TWD2/TWAU were all told from a single point of view. This is the first TTG game I can think of where the POV jumps at all, so I don't know what the "rules" for it will be. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Talia and Ryon both become POV characters at some point.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by bv310 »

In post 3039, Sudo_Nym wrote:
Spoiler:
TTG has never dropped us into the POV of a character we've never met before because TWD/TWD2/TWAU were all told from a single point of view. This is the first TTG game I can think of where the POV jumps at all, so I don't know what the "rules" for it will be. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Talia and Ryon both become POV characters at some point.

Tales from the Borderlands has them jumping between two POV characters the whole time. It's pretty effective in there, though Pandora is a much less serious place than Westeros.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Ah, I didn't pick up Tales from the Borderlands, since I never played Borderlands in the first place.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:55 pm

Post by Faraday »

Just got this. Excellent so far. Red wedding :(
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:09 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Thoughts on the episode shortly but

Spoiler: Nitpick
Walking Dead dropped us into Clementine's POV a season after meeting her.
#greenshirtthursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:29 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Spoiler: nitpick
But in a separate game, and we'd already met her before.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:01 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 3043, ChannelDelibird wrote:Thoughts on the episode shortly but

Spoiler: Nitpick
Walking Dead dropped us into Clementine's POV a season after meeting her.

Technically, yes. But you already kind of helped craft her character via Lee's actions S1
green shirt thursdays
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Faraday »

Wow.

Spoiler:
Talking to Ramsay is so tense. I loved Ethan's story throughout. Trying to make the best decisions throughout was difficult. I agonised about sending that guy to The Wall for ages.

What choices did people make? I saved Bowen, swore loyalty to Margaery, showed mercy to erik, Duncan as Sentinel, Ramsay in the hall.

I've played through it twice now, the fact Ethan can have different nicknames at the end "Ethan the Wise, Ethan the Brave etc" depending on your choices was cool. Just really liked it. Super immersive, and I was horrified when Ramsay put a dagger through my throat. Bastard.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:00 am

Post by Faraday »

Oh, I also didn't
Spoiler:
Steal from the desk? But then kind of regretted not doing it. Haha. The Cersei and Ramsay conversations were so tough. <_<
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I wish I had, faraday, re: 3047
green shirt thursdays
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #3049 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by Oman »

I did. Didn't mean to, just wanted to learn some shit.

Return to “General Discussion”