Open 577: Hope Plus One! (GAME OVER - SCUM WIN)

theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:35 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Vote Count 1.17
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Rudolph the Reindeer (5)
- acryon, Idiotking, Cain + Able, TellTaleHeart, GGG
texcat (3)
- bookitty, Rudolph the Reindeer, Mathdino
GuyInFreezer (4)
- copper223, texcat, My Milked Eek, Aneninen

(expired on 2014-12-09 14:00:00) until deadline
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Mathdino »

holy shit what

Can we have a deadline extension?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by Aneninen »

GiF seems to be impressive in but he's protecting his own slot.
BooKitty, as for your , remind me to tell you something about that in post-game. I consider her as an unintentional town-slip. She needn't have admitted that she screwed up Meta-ing someone.
Rudolph, why should we lynch TexCat? I don't like the idea right now.
(Note to self: if Copper or TTH happen to flip scum, which I don't believe, they may/must be scums together.)

Deadline is closing. If needed, I'll move to the Rudolph-wagon.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Aneninen »

By the way. I've just noted that GiF is not voting. I wonder, why.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Frankly, GiF, the position of "being an idiotique player who forgets to vote and misses all the lynches" is already filled by me. Apply for another position! ^_^
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Advance Wars just ended. I played in that with Orci and metaed him for that game.

Advance Wars UPick!

Start with post 670 to see the meltdown as town.

I literally couldn't talk about this earlier. It's just luck I can do it now before we lynch.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1327, Aneninen wrote:(Note to self: if Copper or TTH happen to flip scum, which I don't believe, they may/must be scums together.)

@_@

I'm about halfway down this rabbit hole. I need to get to the bottom before today ends.

For the moment:
UNVOTE:
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

Vote Count 1.18

Rudolph the Reindeer (4)
- acryon, Idiotking, Cain + Able, GGG
texcat (3)
GuyInFreezer (4)

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1327, Aneninen wrote:GiF seems to be impressive in but he's protecting his own slot.
BooKitty, as for your , remind me to tell you something about that in post-game. I consider her as an unintentional town-slip. She needn't have admitted that she screwed up Meta-ing someone.
Rudolph, why should we lynch TexCat? I don't like the idea right now.
(Note to self: if Copper or TTH happen to flip scum, which I don't believe, they may/must be scums together.)

Deadline is closing. If needed, I'll move to the Rudolph-wagon.

Copper asked me why I townread orcinus and I replied. Context clue is tech.

In post 1329, Aneninen wrote:Frankly, GiF, the position of "being an idiotique player who forgets to vote and misses all the lynches" is already filled by me. Apply for another position! ^_^

I literally said what I would do in my vote.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by copper223 »

Ok Boo, to me it doesn't look exactly the same but I respect personal meta and I think it's unlikely you are GIF's partner, I think defending your townreads is more of a Boo town thing, you are also not the only townread I have that doesn't like the wagon.

I will give Rudi 10 more hours to tell me why I should vote Tex, otherwise I'll vote him.

@All
you should also state who you are willing to lynch cause NL is a terrible idea.

@Aneninen
How did you come up with that read on me and TTH?
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:27 pm

Post by Wake »

I don't think, with my work schedule, I'm able to play in Larges any more. Can't heal fast enough to read and catch up.

If House wants me to stick around I will, but I'm basically dead weight and have no idea what's been going on.
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by Wake »

Oh. Gosh. I meant 13+ player games. Stupid work draining my energy and paying all my bills... :P
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by texcat »

VOTE: Rudolf

I still think that
Orc
GIF is scum, but it doesn't look like that lynch is going to happen.

TTH made a pretty good case in and . I'm assuming that scum started pushing me because they thought I would be an easy target. Orc was the leading wagon when I suddenly got two quick votes from GGG for active lurking and Orc who was just sheeping GGG. Then later Rudy and Dino voted for the same active lurking case.

Pedit: We'll miss you, but just focus on getting and staying healthy, Wake.
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by Wake »

Thanks, texcat. I started this game just before working in my new job (CNA in neuro-rehabilitative unit [psychiatric/intensive medical]). It's hit me like a ton of bricks, and I heal up just in time to get hit again. Oddly enough my stamina has been steadily climbing, and it no longer feels so arduous to be dealing with grueling nursing work/situations/multi-tasking while on your feet 12.5 hours a day. All my massive blisters have become calluses, and I'm shedding weight rather quickly. My scrubs are starting to get too loose! :D
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1334, copper223 wrote:How did you come up with that read on me and TTH?

I don't know what to make of it either.

Frankly, I don't get the mass reaction of my scum read on you by the game as a whole. A few people have gone out of their way to call it "TvT noise," Bookitty just slammed the door in my face when I asked about it, and now this line from Aneninen shows up. It's all very confusing.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I dont think Rudy and texcat are scum together; really hope one of them flips scum.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I'm getting what I wanted so I guess I shouldn't complain. The number of people agreeing with me is pretty unsettling though.

VOTE: Rudolph the Reindeer
This is L-1, please allow Rudolph to claim.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Idiotking »

@copper:
Having reread your exchange with TTH, my opinion has not changed. None of the reasons you gave for orc's scumminess in 1084 are persuasive.

In post 1084, copper223 wrote:

- 1v1 on C+A and not even to scumhunt but just getting personal, completely broke the game until he left, I fail to see the town motivation for this behavior and it is apparent why this could possibly be scum play, he sows confusion reducing the chance of town coming up with a good lynch, he may also get C+A lynched, assuming C+A is town, if C+A gets scumread for his emotial outburst. The fact he picked C+A, who was already being scumread by the semi-confirmed doc. made me question him even more.

This would just lead to an increase in the amount of pressure being put on orc himself, which is against scum wincon. Sowing confusion only works if you don't make the players as a whole openly hostile to you, which orc wasn't even trying to hide. His open hostility is what led to the wagon on him in the first place, which you were part of.

- Proposing the follow the cop strategy again, it's all too easy to do that and then if something happens say: oopsie I didn't mean to out the cop/doc.
I dislike talk of setups in general because I assume power roles know how to play their roles and butting in is only a good way to give scum hints on who to look at for the NK.

Not reading the thread is not alignment indicative. And setup discussion is not alignment indicative; the only times I've ever been successful as town is through process of elimination and setup wrangling.

- Asking for information from people and then not using/reading them.

This could have just been because of the massive slapfight he was having with House at the time. Not alignment indicative given context.

For comparison, here is your first orc-directed post, unedited:

In post 874, copper223 wrote:@Or
After wasting town resources left right and centre instead of doing your own homework you proceeded to not read what you were given, proposed a strategy which had already been discarded and is mafia sided, questioned other players intelligence for pointing out mechanics that maybe only you would find difficult to figure out, the fact you assume scum is moronic speaks volumes about your own intellect, and now are resorting to personal insults.

Being an a-hole is maybe not alignment indicative for you (someone that played with him?) but just based on this I'd be happy to lynch you out of this game so that the grown ups can get back to business.

This looks for all the world like you were willing to lynch him for being an asshole,
while claiming that being one is not alignment indicative
. You hedge with the word maybe, but it's clear that you at least at this point were not claiming it was scummy.

Your next post concerning orc was the vote post, which was this (sans vote):

In post 942, copper223 wrote:
@All
Can we lynch this guy? I was about to post the same as C+A about wanting out if he continued but I like a lot of players here so I'd rather get rid of the problem, or maybe he is playing like this to be disruptive as mafia, one can only hope and that would at least make sense somewhat.

Again, this sounds like you did not believe he was mafia being disruptive; that was just a theory you were advancing to make some sense of his hostility. But the main reason (according to this) that you were voting for him was to get him out of the game, NOT for the three points you advanced later. That's why I believe that you were giving those reasons to legitimize this policy/suspicious vote. I'm not saying it would have been bad to policy lynch orc for being a dick. What I'm suspicious of is your attempt to retroactively claim that you had fancy reasons for it when, for all appearances, you didn't.

I am unpersuaded by TTH's other arguments against you, but this one is correct. Your orc vote appears opportunistic and the came too far after the vote (and was in conflict with your earlier statements) to be credible.

I also support giving RDR as long as possible to claim.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by Idiotking »

*t'was supposed to be "Your orc vote appears opportunistic and the
reasoning
came too far after the vote."
GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by GGG »

In post 1337, texcat wrote:VOTE: Rudolf

I still think that
Orc
GIF is scum, but it doesn't look like that lynch is going to happen.

TTH made a pretty good case in and . I'm assuming that scum started pushing me because they thought I would be an easy target. Orc was the leading wagon when I suddenly got two quick votes from GGG for active lurking and Orc who was just sheeping GGG. Then later Rudy and Dino voted for the same active lurking case.

Pedit: We'll miss you, but just focus on getting and staying healthy, Wake.

This post is real scummy, it's got all the bases covered, if Rudy flips scum there is a scum read, if Rudy flips town there is reluctance.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by texcat »

I don't get how you are reading this as "real scummy". Because I explained that though I am moving my vote off GIF I still find him scummy? If I were scum I would know how Rudy was going to flip.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1344, GGG wrote:This post is real scummy, it's got all the bases covered, if Rudy flips scum there is a scum read, if Rudy flips town there is reluctance.

:S

If texcat is scum, she already knows what the answer is and it's only
one
of those.

What's your argument?
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:51 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

Vote Count 1.19

Rudolph the Reindeer (6) (L-1)
- acryon, Idiotking, Cain + Able, GGG, texcat, TellTaleHeart
texcat (3)
GuyInFreezer (3)
- copper223, My Milked Eek, Aneninen

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1288, GGG wrote:
In post 1203, theelkspeaks wrote:Vote Count 1.15

Rudolph the Reindeer (4)
- acryon, Idiotking, Cain + Able, TellTaleHeart
texcat (4)
- bookitty, GGG, Rudolph the Reindeer, Mathdino
GuyInFreezer (4)

Edited as of post 1235 to fix a mistake

This is an interesting vote count that makes me have to revisit my reads.

I have thought the milked eek slot was town, texcat, and Anen were scum but there is no way they would let themselves all be on the same wagon so my reads are certainly wrong right now. There is probably one scum on each wagon but without gif voting there could be a wagon without scum on it.

Looking at the texcat wagon of boo, myself, Rudy and math Dino. I am reading md and boo as very town. So that leaves Rudy as the scum on this wagon. I like TTHs confidence thing and after re isoing Rudy became more suspicious of him.

unvote

VOTE: rudy

This post is almost surreal.

The "there's exactly one scum on each wagon premise" is incredibly specific without much logical backing. What would be unreasonable about two scum being on a wagon, especially if one of the current wagons is
on
scum? The implications aren't applied evenly across the vote count either. Is GiF actually scum, and if so, which wagon is all-town? The logic here is very cumbersome because such a drastic change in reads is accompanied by such bizarre reasons. The conclusions even collapse on themselves. It seems like now you think that texcat and Rudolph are both scum, but somehow you still think that scum would be evenly spread over all three wagons even though 2 out of 3 are on scum? Why would that be?
GGG
GGG
Mafia Scum
GGG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by GGG »

In post 1345, texcat wrote:I don't get how you are reading this as "real scummy". Because I explained that though I am moving my vote off GIF I still find him scummy? If I were scum I would know how Rudy was going to flip.

Tex / Rudy both scum, tex moves the vote to gain town cred as he only moved after Rudy moved into the lead.
Tex scum / Rudy town, tex moves from towny to towny while maintaining her scum read.
Town tex moving to ensure lynch occurs.

It's sets up justification for both outcomes so that it looks natural when we go back. Essentially she is trying to slip on the wagon without being noticed. I think it's the way she sheeps TTHs read to make the justification is what pings it for me when it was originally posted it was ignored by tex.

Essentially if Rudy flips scum tex is real scummy, if Rudy flips town I still don't like the post but it has far less implicating value.

Return to “Completed Open Games”