Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 156, Paschendale wrote:
In post 123, Shinobi wrote:Pasch suggesting that only scum promotes policy lynches is weird too. Scum weird, though I may be biased.

Biased enough to make up the "only" part, apparently.

In post 128, Bulbazak wrote:So you don't think Waffles is scum?

I don't know. The idea that posting in different colors is a scum tactic is pretty dumb, though, and a bad reason to lynch. I'm all about making sure that a wagon has good reasons. You know that.

Unvote

No need to keep an RVS vote sitting around.

Spitfire looks an awful lot like trapped scum, but it also looks kind of too obvious, you know? But then he says something like this...

In post 140, SpitFire216 wrote:Also, this isn't acceptable. Thinking I'm scum for your own reasons is fine. Thinking I'm scum for other people's reasons is bandwagonning.

What are YOUR reasons for voting me?

Obviously, no one expects everyone on a wagon to have a unique, non-overlapping reason to suspect someone. And then he backs off in his next post and makes excuses for not contributing. Maybe the obvious scum really is obvious? Maybe it's a noob thing? I have no idea which accounts really are new and which are just alts or hydras. Is Spitfire really that new?

Oh, and his Bulba read is pretty weak. It basically refuses to evaluate him on content, but just on playstyle, and concludes that he is town, seemingly above reproach.

In post 153, acryon wrote:No offense, but read the thread. Mala/TSO/Nether. The three that "scum-claimed" and the three that myself and others have mentioned together explicitly in previous posts.

This comment from me had nothing to do with you being suspicion/not suspicious of me. It was more defending myself at the idea you seemed to push that your joking was clear.

I'm frankly perplexed that you would read them as scum based on their interactions with each other. A lot of the stuff on pages 1 and 2 was just joking and banter, including what I said, and it seems to have been obvious to everyone but you. And I don't know why you're getting so bent out of shape over it. People joke around in the beginning of the game because there's little else to do. And it is rather suspicious when someone jumps all over something that really doesn't look like evidence of scum to the rest of us.

People are talking about these three because they have a lot to say, not because of jokes they made on page 1. Or do you really think I'm a death miller in an open setup that explicitly doesn't have one? Of the three, however, Nether is the one who leaves me the coldest. I'm not really sure what he's getting at some of the time. I don't know what you're getting at particularly either. Perhaps you should try being less rude and more clear when you have something to say. It'll get received better.

I'm not at my computer so I can't cut this down right now, apologies, but a couple things.

This is where you unvote nether and say no use for an rvs vote. Did you forget you made the vote serious?

I'm interested in your complaint to spitfire about his bulba read. In he does say it's in part to playstyle but then he goes on to discuss gameplay reasons as well. But nether sprite seems to give similar reasons for a bulba townread in and it doesn't bother you. I get that he doesn't mention playstyle, but still.

It is not weak to ask someone for their own reasons for scumhunting someone.

Scum do joke around in rvs. It's a thing. I've joked around in rvs as scum. I've joked around in rvs as scum with something I planned to do based on theme before I've gotten my role pm and therefore my joke couldn't have been alignment indicative, and still people have thought my jokes were scummy. It happens. People pick up on weird things sometimes and quite frankly I feel much better about someone picking up a seemingly harmless strand and showing paranoia over it than someone picking up on "regular scum tells". Sure scum can do it, but on average it's more likely scum.

*there are a couple caveats to this! but I don't know a crayons scum game or his experience, so if I get a chance to meta him I might come back to this. My second caveat is, I'm repeating myself, I'd feel a bunch better about him if he had tried to figure out which of the three were scum, if any. But I also think as scum he had a built in reason to tunnel one of these three, but again need to look at his scum game.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by Tempest »

Ebwop: on average it's more likely town.

Though hello Freudian slip, is that my subconscious telling me acryon is in fact scum? :p
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by Tempest »

Oh but that's right an outstanding question I have to luca blight. In your question when acryon mentions that spitfire is textbook lynchbait, you say that that applies to davesaz but even more so. If you think he's lynchbait, why did you end up voting him?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 216, Netherspite wrote:Being town is more stressful! You never know whether you will survive the night or not.

I remember when I felt this way.

Not alignment indicative, carry on, I just remember feeling this way. As if that's the most stressful thing about being town.

In post 211, Netherspite wrote:
In post 200, Shinobi wrote:TSO looks okay, and he isn't posting as aimlessly as that one time I played with him in B_E's game. The biggest thing I want to see from him is his play on later days, since his last pushes (before the game was abandoned :() as scum were incredibly awkward and didn't really make a whole lot of sense in the grand scheme of things. I know he's on Spitfire, but I don't particularly care about his vote right now despite him having a reasonable case on why he's voting the way he's voting. (IE: I don't necessarily agree, but I see how he came to his conclusion and don't have an issue with it logic-wise.)

So you expect him to do awkward pushes to consider him scum? And if he won't you'll automatically townread him?

In post 200, Shinobi wrote:Compared to the other game I played with him where he was actually mafia, his posts are a lot more visceral/punchy and his thought process is far more transparent; he openly discusses what he is and isn't doing, and he doesn't really seem to care much for asking idle questions for the sake of asking them. All of his posts look like they have a clear purpose and he isn't coming up with arbitrary reasons to withhold his vote. Add in the fact that he's trying to go through and correcting reads that look incorrect, and I feel pretty comfortable calling him town as of right now.

Couldn't he learn on his mistakes and just play better this time as scum?

I think here's one of my biggest problems with you, and it could be the experience thing. (This is not being condescending or anything)

The way you're asking questions feels like jumping all over them instead of trying to understand why they feel that way, and in this instance yes, I can totally see why he's suspicious of you for contesting reads.

Shinobi is using his past experience with scum!TSO in order to help formulate his read here. He's giving an explanation how he behaved as scum and why he's reading him as town now. This is an extremely common means of reading someone, especially on day one. You can't really help it, and it doesn't mean that day three you're going to feel the same exact way, but you go with what you've got day one, and your experience with someone is something to go off of.

He's telling you why he's town reading him now, and you're attacking him because you don't understand it, but it doesn't feel like you're trying to understand where he's coming from; you're attacking him for his read. Trying to understand his read would be asking what kind of awkward pushes he made as scum, getting him to explain further, instead you feel like you're discrediting him for his read, which is always going to make someone's back go up.

And of course people could learn and play better as scum the next time, but you didn't ask how long ago the game was he mentioned, did he get caught, did anyone in endgame tell him that's how they knew he was scum, etc.

So, you're not seeking to understand his read, and that bugs me.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:08 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 226, Paschendale wrote:
Malakittens seems a bit more passive than usual. Not sure what this means.

VOTE: Spitfire

Barring something really significant from him, I don't think Spitfire is going to make me decide that he's just lynchbait. He doesn't quite seem that way.

If malakittens is being too passive, enough for you to note it, why aren't you pushing her about it?

What made you decide from [post=194][/quote] when you didn't vote but said he was too easy and you get cautious to no he's not lynchbait?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 270, SpitFire216 wrote:But not everybody I suspect will be scum, it would be arrogant to assume that. I felt a scum vibe from Pasch, I went back, reread him and realized that my suspicion wasn't evidence based, there is nothing scummy about admitting your accusation wasn't accurate enough to make the accusation.

I see more and more of this trying to mold me into a scum mold without really having it line up. You are supposed to be fitting theories to facts, not facts to theories.

As for the other people, if you really must know, I'm already constructing a list of reads and my top scumread will be among them. It's about time that I place my vote somewhere.

Since you seem to be so set in me being scum, let's move onto some other people. Thoughts on Aquanim and Mala? They seem to be more complex to read.

My main problem with this is he says he's already constructing a set of reads. This is Saturday. He replaced out today (Tuesday). I feel like if he was compiling the reads, as he says, he'd give them.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 278, Paschendale wrote:
In post 263, SpitFire216 wrote:Aw, I see it, my uneasiness was how this post

He didn't really say much about my actions, like he was just jumping onto the easiest lynch.

But further investigation shows that he actually has had a considerably strong scumread on me this whole time. So it's not as out of the blue as it appears to be. So my suspicion is relieved.

You're just going to ignore the past posts where I have been talking about your actions and pretend that I haven't been criticizing you for a while? This is a pretty sad lie to try to peddle.

Here is my biggest problem with you. In the very post you're responding to he says the bold. He literally says you've been criticizing him for a while and mea culpa I got it wrong earlier. What lie is he trying to peddle? How is he "pretending" you haven't criticized him for a while?

And then in instead of acknowledging that you're in fact the one who read it wrong, you criticize him for not being clear.

There is literally no way you can have a reading comprehension greater than a second grader and not understand the bold. And because I think you must be at least a nominally smart guy (I think I remember reading that you're a lawyer), then you literally can not be confused when he literally says "Oh I read it wrong, my bad, my suspicion is relieved."
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 289, Paschendale wrote:Shinobi... You said that, when confronted, town will change their mind or defend their position, and that scum will defend their position. Only you used negative language to describe scum doing it. That doesn't make the action different. You're making up a semantic difference to justify a predetermined conclusion.

That is actually pretty scummy.

Actually I identify with what he said. At my home site, a fellow scummer once proclaimed that if Tempest points out why you're stupid and you don't at least recognize it by the end of the day, the chances you are scum are really high and I'll lynch that person any day because town, once they're done being pissed off will recognize the weak parts of their push.

That has some truth to it. Some scum have a really hard time admitting they're wrong about things because there are so many avenues they can push whereas town, because they don't know shit, will often step back and admit they could be wrong and look elsewhere or at least think about it unless they're sure for limited reasons.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 303, Netherspite wrote:I tend to think that Luca is just really busy. I hope he'll play more in the nearest future because the deadline is not that far and he is still mistery for me.

Why were you excusing Luca's inactivity?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 309, Netherspite wrote:
In post 297, Netherspite wrote:
- Paschendale's point is that you claim you didn't notice he was scumreading you for a while before this page. I agree with him on that, it's hard to not notice someone is scumreading you.

That's my view on that.

SpitFire attempts to represent it like Paschendale reacted to SpitFire scumreading Paschendale despite SpitFire already changed his read.
In fact, Paschendale reacted to SpitFire claimed he didn't notice that Paschendale was scumreading him for a while already. And I also find it really weird.
I can't recall any case where someone was scumreading me and I didn't notice it. I doubt SpitFire didn't notice it either. Yet he claime he didn't. Why?

Where was Paschendale strongly scumreading spitfire so that he should have noticed it?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 408, Tempest wrote:
In post 303, Netherspite wrote:I tend to think that Luca is just really busy. I hope he'll play more in the nearest future because the deadline is not that far and he is still mistery for me.

Why were you excusing Luca's inactivity?

/cuz they are scumbuddies together.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 401, Tempest wrote:Ebwop: on average it's more likely town.

Though hello Freudian slip, is that my subconscious telling me acryon is in fact scum? :p

This is the first thing you've said that's made me question my town read on you. This seems a little nervous and self-conscious, as if you noticed you made a mistake and are being quick to divert attention from it before anyone else notices.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Post by Shinobi »

That is the nitpickiest thing I've ever seen, B.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Can someone remind me of whatever it was that was bothering people?

I might answer it now.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 412, Shinobi wrote:That is the nitpickiest thing I've ever seen, B.

It's not much, but it did give me pause.

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Did it, though? Did it
really
?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:04 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

:neutral:

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:09 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Ugh, fine. I'll look into it when I get off my lazy ass.

I have tomorrow and Thursday off so I can at least pretend to be productive for a day or two.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:12 pm

Post by Tempest »

Shinobi - The question eveyrone is asking you is why you called the netherprite v. whoever TvT and left your vote on netherpite. Do you think netherspite is town? And if you do why are you leaving your vote on him?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 411, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 401, Tempest wrote:Ebwop: on average it's more likely town.

This is the first thing you've said that's made me question my town read on you. This seems a little nervous and self-conscious, as if you noticed you made a mistake and are being quick to divert attention from it before anyone else notices.

Um..sure? Okay?

I posted something and realized I meant town when I said scum and made a joke of it, but sure we'll go that way.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by Tempest »

Also, I've drunk a lot of wine tomorrow so it might be until tomorow until i finish with my reread of paxh/bulv/nether/spit, or I will eat foods and pick back up with this!
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by Shinobi »

"TvT" is an indirect term I use to describe someone I find to be defending their beliefs in an adequate or reasonable manner. In normal circumstances, the player pressuring a lynch target is town for obvious reasons, so I just kind of took to saying "TvT" without considering the consequences for scumreading the opposing side.

As of right now, I'm not particularly sure where I stand on Nether. I'd need more time to elaborate on my read on him.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Post by Shinobi »

UNVOTE:
Should probably unvote until I do so.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 309, Netherspite wrote:
In post 297, Netherspite wrote:
- Paschendale's point is that you claim you didn't notice he was scumreading you for a while before this page. I agree with him on that, it's hard to not notice someone is scumreading you.

That's my view on that.

SpitFire attempts to represent it like Paschendale reacted to SpitFire scumreading Paschendale despite SpitFire already changed his read.
In fact, Paschendale reacted to SpitFire claimed he didn't notice that Paschendale was scumreading him for a while already. And I also find it really weird.
I can't recall any case where someone was scumreading me and I didn't notice it. I doubt SpitFire didn't notice it either. Yet he claime he didn't. Why?

How prevalent was it?

Was Paschende calling spitfire scum in such a way that he shouldn't have missed it?

My recollection, and I'll admit I'm a bit wine soaked at the moment, is that Paschendale was mostly oh he seems too obvious to be scum, maybe he is scum, yeah he's scum. Which yeah could be missed.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 315, Paschendale wrote:
In post 295, Aquanim wrote:I'd like an opinion on this from both of you. Do you think Shinobi is
trying
to be clear? From my perspective he isn't; he's dodging questions and responding belligerently (to myself and Paschendale).

I'm not sure. He is certainly not contributing much. His posts are either short defensive quips or or lengthy passages that say nothing. I'm not really prepared yet to say if it's intentional or not, but it certainly could be.

I like all the subsequent stuff by Aqua and Nether. And I agree with a lot of it. I probably did overreact a bit, but it just struck me like an astoundingly blatant lie and then an attempt to justify the lie. All my alarm bells went off. Very loudly.

I'm not sure what to make of Luca. We had one game before and there was a lot of personality clash. I don't know what parts of it were really alignment indicative, from either of us. I'm giving him a fresh start this game.

What do you guys think of Acryon? More than Shinobi, I think he's the one being intentionally unclear. He's exceedingly verbose and looks like he's trying to prove how smart he is, but then makes really basic logical mistakes. That comes off as a ploy to me more than Shinobi does.

@TSO: Good luck!

I want Paschendale to point out what the "astoundingly blatant lie and attempt to justify the lie" was.

I hate that he's just giving Luca a fresh start without anything being posted (at the moment I'm doing a paschendale/netherspite/spitfire iso read so I'm not sure if Luca has made his catch up post here, but if he has and double note to myself to check this because if so *alarm bells*

Note how he shifts the focus to acryon?

Return to “Completed Open Games”