Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:21 pm

Post by Tempest »

Okay.

I don't remember why I was town reading TSO.

I feel a little better about Dave. On the one hand his whole Shinobi IS SUSPICIOUS BECAUSE NOT PLAYING LIKE LAST GAME is easily fakeable because if he's not playing like that last game he can easily focus on that for something to do, but on the other hand he really seems like he believes it. (By the way the Amished tell is a little more detailed than "my predecessor sucks mkay" and it's less effective on people who know what the tell is.)

I don't feel great about Paschendale but also don't know what to make of him. Actually Bulbazack, you liked Pasch for town because you said that he has trouble entering the game comfortably as scum. What makes you now think he could be scum? Is his behavior that you don't like from him typical of his scum game?

My main problem with Paschendale is that during the whole showdown with Spitfire I started to think that scum could be taking the easy mislynch with him and in that case at least one of Netherspite, Bulbazack or Paschendale could be scum, and Paschendale's whole think about someone lying about him really lacks some conviction that people are lying about him. That lack of conviction is what bugs me the most. I did slightly meta him a little after Bulbazack mentioned his entrance, and eh he doesn't joke
as much
as scum but I'm pretty sure I remember reading him joke as scum. He does accuse people of lying as either alignment, but in the town game he felt more persecuted. So not sure what to make of that there.

mala, aquanim and shinobi are still town reads I won't vote for. Gonna trust people on Zayzeck and I really don't have a problem with his posts. I like Nether, for the most part. The sheen on my acryon town read is fading, but I also think it's crap the way the Pasch tried to make it seem like he went v/la because of deadline. Acryon made it clear when he went v/la that his wife was having a baby and he'd be away. People don't typically a) make up life events for a game and b) schedule their v/la around deadlines. And I'll wager that since he already said that he hasn't lost a scum game yet, he doesn't feel the need to go v/la because he thinks his scum game sucks so badly he has to hide.

Yeah, I don't have any super strong scum reads. I have some reservations on bulbazack but don't exactly have anything solid there. Of the wagons available, I'd go for Luca or Pasch.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 675, Tempest wrote:Okay.

I don't remember why I was town reading TSO.

ROFL. Seriously, I burst out laughing when I read this. Dunno why.

If you're comfortable with a Paschendale lynch could you throw down a vote on him? I don't want to wait till near deadline for a claim, if he claims PR or something I really don't want to rush sorting that out.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

I too, am fine with a Pasch lynch.

I'm just waiting for a VC.
GMT+8
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:35 pm

Post by Netherspite »

In fact, I'm having a crazy idea.
But it seems so logical for me.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Luca Blight

I'll sheep on Luca.
I'm sure he'll flip scum.
Can't explain it yet.
Will do tomorrow. If he'll flip town feel free to lynch me tomorrow.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Post by Tempest »

I might tomorrow, but I'm going to bed and want to hear back.

OH I also like Nether for town for this post:

In post 631, Netherspite wrote:
If you strictly want to lynch some of your list and no one else I'd rather suggest acryon or me (acryon for the higher chance to flip scum and me so people will learn that all of my reads are coming from the town perspective).

I'd probably be concerned except for he's rather new so I'm not sure this is the type of post newbscum makes.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:39 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

V O T E C O U N T
1 . 1 5
[/b]

(3)
davesaz -
Malakittens, acryon, Luca Blight
(L-4)

(3)
Paschendale -
Shinobi, Aquanim, Bulbazak
(L-4)

(2)
Xayzeck -
T S O, Paschendale
(L-5)

(2)
Luca Blight -
Tempest, Netherspite
(L-5)

(1)
Shinobi -
davesaz
(L-6)

(1)
Not Voting —
Xayzeck

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch

Mod Notes;
  • acryon is V/LA until 15/12
[/font]

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-12-15 23:00:00)
Last edited by BlueBloodedToffee on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:39 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 678, Netherspite wrote:If he'll flip town feel free to lynch me tomorrow.

I don't like this
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:41 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

not in a "this is scummy" kind of way
GMT+8
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:42 pm

Post by Aquanim »

@Nether
: If we lynch Luca and he flips scum, who do you think will be the best lynch for tomorrow?
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Post by Netherspite »

It depends on some other things. I have a clear way to determine that but can't disclose yet or it will break it.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by Aquanim »

Yeah, that's what I expected.

I strongly advise you against day 1 association cases (in this case, a situation where your logic only holds if Luca is scum). Tends to end badly.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Post by Netherspite »

That's not really an association case.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Post by Aquanim »

Not quite, but the point still stands.

In any case, you haven't given me any new reasons to vote for Luca himself.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:03 am

Post by T S O »

Okay.

I'm historically bad at reading Paschendale, but I need someone to accurately summarise the case against him. I don't get it, at all.

Bulba, you're up.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:03 am

Post by T S O »

Dave, is there any particular reason your play has been so insipid this game? Just wondering.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:04 am

Post by T S O »

In post 678, Netherspite wrote:If he'll flip town feel free to lynch me tomorrow.

I have definitely played this card before as scum.
-Marquis
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:18 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I'm curious to know what Nether is playing at, given there is no possible way he could be 'sure' I was scum at this stage, even if I was.

I'm going to catch up today, probably in about an hour's time.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:15 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 652, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 645, Paschendale wrote:
I don't know how you can describe Xayzeck's posting as "solid".

Because it is. He's asking questions and looking at motivation, which falls right in line with a town mindset.

Asking questions is just making noise. Reaching a conclusion and supporting it is town mindset.

I don't see these lies that you speak of. Aqua asked some fairly straightforward questions, and you have not been giving very straightforward answers, if you even answer at all and don't dodge and accuse.

Then I have no idea what game you're reading, but it's not the same one that I am.

In post 658, Xayzeck wrote:He pushed TSO.

It can also be newbtown who is concerned about being scumread and getting lynched.

I wouldn't call Spitfire's comments about TSO nearly strong enough to qualify as "pushing". And I accounted for the possibility of Spitfire just being newbtown. It seemed less likely. He wasn't being quiet, he wasn't trying to get people to agree with him, he was just making lots of noise without saying useful things and freaking out the moment anyone looked at him. That's not newbtown, that's newbscum. And the fact that all you're doing is trying to salvage his position instead of forging a new one yourself is definitely not pro-town.

In post 678, Netherspite wrote:I'll sheep on Luca.
I'm sure he'll flip scum.
Can't explain it yet.
Will do tomorrow. If he'll flip town feel free to lynch me tomorrow.

I'd kinda like an explanation now.

In post 688, T S O wrote:I'm historically bad at reading Paschendale

Bulba is, too.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:16 am

Post by Paschendale »

But I'll sum it up for you, TSO. I was slightly less engaged for a couple of days and haven't been generally loud this game. That's it.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 646, Aquanim wrote:What do you think my motivation would be to deliberately lie about my opinion of your posts, Paschendale?

Also, for the record, neither Nether nor Bulbazak seems to agree with your assessment of my argument.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:37 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 690, T S O wrote:

I have definitely played this card before as scum.

You would.

Dunno if Netherspite would, though.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 692, Paschendale wrote:
In post 658, Xayzeck wrote:He pushed TSO.

It can also be newbtown who is concerned about being scumread and getting lynched.

I wouldn't call Spitfire's comments about TSO nearly strong enough to qualify as "pushing". And I accounted for the possibility of Spitfire just being newbtown. It seemed less likely. He wasn't being quiet, he wasn't trying to get people to agree with him, he was just making lots of noise without saying useful things and
>>>
freaking out the moment anyone looked at him
<<<
. That's not newbtown, that's newbscum. And the fact that all you're doing is trying to salvage his position instead of forging a new one yourself is definitely not pro-town.

The bolded was not at all my impression of Spitfire. Can you substantiate this?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:55 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 689, T S O wrote:Dave, is there any particular reason your play has been so insipid this game? Just wondering.

Umm, I suggest checking the definition of that word. Was that really what you meant?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by T S O »

Yep!
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by T S O »

I mean, none of your pushes have felt genuine and you don't appear to have any interest in doing anything. Why's that?
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Open Games”