(1)
Not Voting —
Shinobi

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch

Mod Notes;
[/font]

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-12-15 23:00:00)
Last edited by BlueBloodedToffee on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:19 am

Post by Netherspite »

Or I think even more important question will be:
List those who you won't vote for today's lynch under any circumstances.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:29 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 822, Netherspite wrote:Oh yes I remember how you just put Bulbazak in your townpile while your only comment about his behavior was regarding weirdness of his Luca vote.
I didn't get it and still don't.

Shinobi also mysteriously moved from "that doesn't sound very townShinobi" to "town".

Can you elaborate on why do you townread them in this game and how exactly did you come to that conclusion? What questions did you ask them to get the information you want and how their answers changed your mind to the strong townreads?

On Bulba, his play is fine in a sense that he's actively asking questions, he's very open in his stuff, he'll just say what he likes and doesn't like, what he thinks is town and what isn't when unprompted, I read it as very protown, therefore he is a townread.

However, his Luca read is largely a metaread that I don't understand, and so to me it looks like he's not really giving Bulba a chance to explain himself. What is probably happening is that he already recognizes that Luca's scum, and therefore when he responds to Luca's post he isn't approaching from a "I'm trying to figure you out" mindset, but a "I'm pressuring you" mindset. What I wanted to know was whether it was strictly meta or not, and he said it is. There's nothing wrong with it though.

Shin's a metaread for me, but I just like his relaxed-confident posting when interacting with me. Also, "that doesn't sound very townShinobi" was me addressing Aqua's representation of Shinobi, not me addressing Shinobi directly, since I hadn't read the game fully at that point in time.
GMT+8
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 790, T S O wrote:Dave is the best wagon today. When I pushed him, there was a general non-response. That makes me feel better about doing so.

Can you please explain why? I really have no idea why anyone suspects him.

In post 800, Netherspite wrote:I think Bulbazak/Mala could be scum. Or both. That vote Mala thrown without any comments...
Bulbazak changing his reads depending on the situation with the wagons and not on actual reasons...

I don't disagree on either of these suspicions.

In post 804, Tempest wrote:My main problem with Pasch is that his claim of people lying when they're clearly not and have laid out reasons they're voting him doesn't seem to be alignment indicative. In looking at Pasche's introductions, I skimmed some of his games and he accuses people of lying when they're not as either alignment, but one game when he was town he got really defensive about it and even though people repeated their cases, linked to their posts, and pointed out what he said were lies, he continued to call them lies as if he hadn't read them. He was really passionate about it and gave a bit of a rant on how he always comes across scummy and people always wanted to lynch him. But in the scum game, I don't remember him getting that defensive and persecuted feeling.

A lot of times, they
are
blatant misreps. Aquanim's description of my posts in this game and his support for Xay and Spitfire are basically inversions of reality. I don't know how someone can be so far off, but this happens to me a lot. As I said above, it's usually that I rub people the wrong way, not that I do anything objectively anti-town. Something I say sticks out to someone as weird, and they conclude that weird means scum, even though it seldom actually does.

In post 812, Tempest wrote:For the passion in his town game and kind of persecution complex, I was looking here

Before I even clicked the link I thought to myself "bet that's Sleepy Hollow". It's the game in which I flipped out the most. And, again, where I was targeted for personality rather than actions. It's not a persecution complex if everything you say is attacked no matter what it is or why you say it.

---------------

Xay >> Shinobi >> Arcyon are hands down the best choices today. After that I guess maybe Mala or Bulba or Luca, but it's a big gap between those two groups. The only ones I absolutely wouldn't lynch are Nether, TSO, and possibly Dave because he looks like the target of scum attacks since still nobody will explain why they're scumreading him. He's null at worst.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:25 am

Post by Shinobi »

I'm phone. Will make big posts if I go on break or something.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:06 am

Post by Shinobi »

Pasch why are you being so suicidal?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Shinobi »

Xay and I seem to be the only ones, aside from Aqua, who are trying to save you in yet you're not taking any of that into account in your reads.

Like I can kind of see how you could still be a little suspicious of Xay, but he's still your top lynch which is ridiculous.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:43 am

Post by Shinobi »

Also there's no way we turn this lynch at this point since there's no way we get enough votes outside the top wagons.

Who do we think is the more useful townie: pasch or Dave?
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:43 am

Post by Netherspite »

Hmm, I believed that I was the only one trying to save Paschendale from the lynch.
How comes Aqua and Xay are trying to do it?
I can see why you say so about yourself (because you unvoted) but not about them.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:57 am

Post by Tempest »

I don't understand how pasch has tso on his won't lynch list and then includes Dave because he's the focus of scum attacks while tso is one of the main ones pushing Dave.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:58 am

Post by Tempest »

can we get prods on Luca and bulbazack
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Tempest »

Pasch - the Sayreville lynch isn't happening.

Dave - the shinobi lynch isn't happening.

Shinobi - who are you thinking?

We have five hours.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Tempest »

*sayreville is zayzack

Autocorrect
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:03 am

Post by davesaz »

VOTE: Paschendale
Dont think we have time to change and a no-lynch is worse. But I will be around off and on in case a better wagon runs up.

Pedit typing on tablet is slow lol.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:13 am

Post by Tempest »

I have things to do but I will be on and off and can change my vote if necessary.

If pasch has a role he needs to claim as he's the one most likely to be lynched, so we can move around if so. Although since I already asked, I'm going to accept he's vanilla and move on.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:16 am

Post by Shinobi »

I still want to kill Nether.

Nobody has any solid reasoning on why he's town in yet he keeps winding up on people's town lists. I can't elaborate more on phone though which is driving me mad.

Not like it matters though since he's off the table. Meh.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 840, Shinobi wrote:I still want to kill Nether.

Nobody has any solid reasoning on why he's town in yet he keeps winding up on people's town lists. I can't elaborate more on phone though which is driving me mad.

Not like it matters though since he's off the table. Meh.

My main problem with nether is how he makes everything so contentious. He wants to poke holes in everything not try and figure out the game.

Posts like this:

In post 726, Netherspite wrote:
In post 722, Malakittens wrote:Because after seeing them play so many town games there's a certain pattern that they will show when they roll first time scum. Call it a scent, but it's easy to spot as hell.

Even if we assume that you can easily read Shinobi's alignment, how can we be sure that you're not scum and not covering your partner?

Bug me.

I'm vaccinating on him being over active and him jumping at everyone like his ac depends on it because he's a newb town and because he's newbscum who's overexcited. The rapport he has with aquanim make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up sometimes because it reminds me of interactions I've had with partners looking like they're trying to figure out the game. He takes the jab-jab tone with pretty much everyone else.

I hate him claiming I was *extended lurking*, and didn't bother to note others were absent as well. Mostly I dislike the hyperbole in the complaint.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:28 am

Post by Tempest »

*vacillating
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:32 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Apologies for the delays with prodding players.

Both Luca Blight and Bulbazak have received their first prods.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Netherspite »

And some people still read Shinobi as town?...

@Shinobi

You talk like you have solid reasoning on why I'm scum. Enlighten us!

P.S. You didn't answer the question.

Tempest

I'm always highly active regardless of my alignment and like to notice small things other people didn't notice. I'm looking for such things intentionally because I believe the devil lies in the details and paying attention to them helps finding inconsistencies/scumslips.

And yeah, I sometimes take "jab-jab" tone (not sure if I googled it right, not native speaker) with people if I consider them being wrong.

Regarding your absence, you were the longest absent player without VLA, we didn't hear from you for ages, so I started wondering why.
You appeared right after that so that point is not true anymore.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:44 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 841, Tempest wrote:
My main problem with nether is how he makes everything so contentious. He wants to poke holes in everything not try and figure out the game.

I agree that this can be used as a scum tell, but have not yet looked to see if Nether fits it as well as you say.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:50 am

Rule #13 has been edited for clarification on the procedure following a third prod on any one player.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 831, Shinobi wrote:Xay and I seem to be the only ones, aside from Aqua, who are trying to save you in yet you're not taking any of that into account in your reads.

Like I can kind of see how you could still be a little suspicious of Xay, but he's still your top lynch which is ridiculous.

And you suggest that I actively try to lynch townreads in order to save myself? Yeah, that's how town wins. Why is no one clamoring to lynch Shinobi?

In post 834, Tempest wrote:I don't understand how pasch has tso on his won't lynch list and then includes Dave because he's the focus of scum attacks while tso is one of the main ones pushing Dave.

Because I don't know who the scum attacking Dave is, but the complete lack of a case from anyone means there are definitely scum pushing the lynch. But as I said, I don't know who. However, Arcyon and Mala, both of whom I have independent scumreads on, also went after Dave. Why single out TSO?

But seriously, is anyone townreading Mala? It's absurd to just resign yourselves to an obvious mislynch. Maybe if I take the first step, we can salvage this before we hand scum day 1.

VOTE: Malakittens
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Shinobi »

If you're town, your main objective should be to survive since you, who is confirmed town to yourself, should be fighting to stay alive since your townreads could be wrong.

I don't understand what's so hard to understand about this. We're not lynching mala today.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:09 am

Bump

Return to “Completed Open Games”