Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:13 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1023, Netherspite wrote:
@acryon

Tempest is already dead, unfortunately. She was VT.
Didn't you notice?

I did notice and then when going through my reads proceeded to wonder why I didn't write anything up on her since she only showed up once I left for V/LA and then died before I returned :( So, I then apparently decided to write up why I thought a conf-VT was VT :facepalm:
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:15 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1024, Netherspite wrote:Also, what's your opinion on Bulbazak?

I knew I missed someone!

Bulba is probably town. He voted Pasch and reserved Luca as his primary scum-read. I just don't see this from scum. There were so many other ways to go, and I just don't see scum voting to lynch their one buddy and saying that tomorrow he is going after his other buddy.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:57 am

Post by davesaz »

Not to mention that Bulbazak had already pushed and voted Luca earlier in the day.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:59 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1022, acryon wrote: from Pasch does look like a last-minute bus. If Pasch is going down, it doesn't make any sense to push someone that is actually town, because we don't believe him anyway. Shinobi is probably town.

Just noticed I concluded this by saying Shinobi was probably town. I meant to say he may be scum.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:10 am

Post by Netherspite »

I think it was more like a gambit in attempt to scum-paint Shinobi.
Anyway, it is WIFOM.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:20 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1029, Netherspite wrote:I think it was more like a gambit in attempt to scum-paint Shinobi.
Anyway, it is WIFOM.

Yeah it's WIFOM, but I'm more inclined to believe my theory than it being a gambit. Nevertheless, I still think TSO is much more likely to be scum than Shinobi, and hopefully the picture will become more clear as the day goes on.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:28 am

Post by davesaz »

TSO clearly went far out of his way to push the best available counter wagon. Pasch had previously left that counter wagon and town read the target, most likely to clear the way so his buddies could push it without being associated by being in the same push. That it was me has no bearing on this analysis, I merely happened to have noticed it "yesterday" and made a note to look at TSO to find out where his push came from.

VOTE: T S O

Pedit: I saw the comment about Shinobi, and had thought him scummy earlier, but his play later in the day looked very town to me.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:41 am

Post by Netherspite »

In post 965, davesaz wrote:Regarding the question on when I started scum reading Paschendale. It was before this post, but I don't know how far because I didn't post anything about it.

In post 635, davesaz wrote:
In post 630, Bulbazak wrote:Dave, calling someone a town read is not defending. Questioning someone is not defending. You didn't answer my questions. You need to show me where Xayzeck is defending Shinobi, not where he's calling him town or a town read. Second, you need to explain how questioning somebody is defending a player and also scummy.

I don't think I want to go down a rathole of disagreements on what defending means. Semantics are not useful here. I'm describing what could be an association, which is useful only if Shinobi turns up scum. Whether the term I use for what I'm seeing agrees with how you use the term is immaterial at this time.

As for my reads, Luca and Acryon are straight up scum reads. I've also been liking Nether and Pasch less and less, because their logic and motivation just isn't lining up.

I'd have to scan back through the thread to find this, but scum reads on Acryon from (someone) were giving me the jitters because of pressure of the form "Player A pressures Player B to give a read on Player C".

Now I expect you to say "why does that bother you", to which I'll reply "I've seen scum do that", and your reply might be ' "I've seen x before" statements are useless'. Or was that someone else in a different place? Anyway, I don't know if I like Acryon for a lynch unless that remembered uneasiness has been relieved.

Luca I can see. You won't find me trying to talk you out of it. Likewise Pasch, who is my 2nd strongest scum read and the player I'd push after Shinobi. Nether not so much, I see more misguided than scum, but it could be that he's a little harder to see as scum with the greater volume.

So you don't remember where nor why did you start scumreading him?
Now modding:
(Day 2)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:46 am

Post by davesaz »

No, but I'm curious to know why it matters.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:49 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

V O T E C O U N T
2 . 0 2
[/b]

(2)
Netherspite -
Bulbazak, Xayzeck
(L-3)

(2)
T S O -
acryon, davesaz
(L-3)

(5)
Not Voting — Netherspite, Shinobi, T S O, Aquanim, Malakittens

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch
[/font]

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-12-31 23:20:00)
[/b]
Last edited by BlueBloodedToffee on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:09 am

Post by Netherspite »

@davesaz

Because it looks like you attempted to distance from your partner by calling him scum in advance because you realized he can get lynched D1.
It just looked weird - you never mentioned any suspicion towards him or question him and then just called him your top suspect without any reasoning.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:54 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1031, davesaz wrote:TSO clearly went far out of his way to push the best available counter wagon. Pasch had previously left that counter wagon and town read the target, most likely to clear the way so his buddies could push it without being associated by being in the same push. That it was me has no bearing on this analysis, I merely happened to have noticed it "yesterday" and made a note to look at TSO to find out where his push came from.

That's the most ridiculous thing ever.

I've played this set-up and I don't think scum have daytalk. Without daytalk, this would be impossible to coordinate. Hell, even with daytalk it would be impossible to coordinate.

I could be wrong about the daytalk, but I don't think I am. This is a bullshit reason to vote me, and the vote's coming from the guy I pushed all of yesterday.

Vote: davesaz
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:56 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1036, T S O wrote:
In post 1031, davesaz wrote:TSO clearly went far out of his way to push the best available counter wagon. Pasch had previously left that counter wagon and town read the target, most likely to clear the way so his buddies could push it without being associated by being in the same push. That it was me has no bearing on this analysis, I merely happened to have noticed it "yesterday" and made a note to look at TSO to find out where his push came from.

That's the most ridiculous thing ever.

I've played this set-up and I don't think scum have daytalk. Without daytalk, this would be impossible to coordinate. Hell, even with daytalk it would be impossible to coordinate.

I could be wrong about the daytalk, but I don't think I am. This is a bullshit reason to vote me, and the vote's coming from the guy I pushed all of yesterday.

Vote: davesaz

No daytalk according to the sample role PMs in the OP.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:04 am

Post by T S O »

Then the whole thing is confirmed bullshit.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:47 am

Post by davesaz »

What about it is bs?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:15 am

Post by T S O »

That Pasch would leave your wagon so I could get on your wagon. It's like you think scumplay is so stilted that we had to perform this stupidly complex manoeuvre.

You don't actually think that - you're just making up a reason to vote me. And it stinks.
-Marquis
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:35 am

Post by Netherspite »

@davesaz

Mind posting your whole current reads list?
Now modding:
(Day 2)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by davesaz »

@TSO: you're assuming coordination which my scenario doesn't require. Pasch can be buddying me so that his scumbuddies don't get associated with him, independently of them trying to push a counter wagon on me. A smart scum team would play it that way automatically without needing to communicate. Am I giving you too much credit?

Reads list:
TSO probable scum
Nether possible scum

The rest are varying degrees of null to town. I don't really have it organized to be able to rattle them off, and don't have much interest in doing so until we flip one of the above.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 971, Aquanim wrote:Speaking of which, TSO, I have some questions for you.

In post 901, T S O wrote:...
as shit as your play today

Why did you think my day 1 play was bad?

In post 916, T S O wrote:
In post 912, Aquanim wrote:
In post 910, T S O wrote:
Try me.

You going to keep running away from calling me scum, yeah?

You'll keep until tomorrow. Unless the vigilante shoots you, that is.

This needs death.

Why did you think this post and my play in general was worth lynching?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Malakittens »

the one problem I have with TSO is that I felt he wasn't sorting out Bulba like he did in the past. Revolution mafia he was so aggressive that Bulba was scum from one post here yet he danced around it.

Also in regards to saving Pash. I think Dave could in fact be the last scum since both pash and Luca could have hopped onto that wagon to save Luca, but that's not what happened.

I could also be wrong and say that the other scum partner was inactive which makes me think Acyron. So Dave / Acryon / TSO are my choices of lynch tbh
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I mean we have 9 alive with one scum left. We are in a decent position.

Masscclaim isn't the worst idea, but right now what the cop needs to do is go through the pool of VT claims, but the only problem with that the JK, Vig also need to be coordinated for this to work. We have three town PRs alive, one scum, 5 VT. The Vig could shoot one VT, JK jail another VT and the role cop target another for a result and then we could lynch a fourth which leaves the pool down to one.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Problem we run into is that the scum could counter claim either of the PRs.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:23 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Welp. My gf is gonna be so sad when she sees this math mistake. So I meant a pool of 6.

Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1046, Malakittens wrote:Problem we run into is that the scum could counter claim either of the PRs.

If that happens we just lynch/shoot the conflicting claims, right?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Bump
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”