Open 577: Hope Plus One! (GAME OVER - SCUM WIN)

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:08 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1108, texcat wrote:
In post 1070, farside22 wrote:
In post 684, texcat wrote:In addition, there was your first read of TN as town which you couldn't explain when Majiffy questioned you about it. I think whiffling, as Majiffy calls it, is not good.

In the conversation with Elyse, you continued asking her for her reads even after she had told you. You seemed to be trying to divert her attention off of you.

Okay so another thing I noted that tex lied here.
He stated that aero didn't respond about his town read on tn, but aero did respond in the very next post http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p6137639

I did NOT
LIE
. WTF are you on about? I did not say that Aero did not respond. I said that Aero could not explain. This is where Aero said that he could not explain.
In post 502, Aeronaut wrote:
Being perfectly honest, I was phone posting in a McDonald's toilet stall. I don't really know what I was liking at the time. Looking at it now, It's sort of just TN calling people pet names. I agree with "Townreads are preferable to scumreads this early in the game", although that point has long passed by now.

fuuuuuck

it's this shit that made me stop putting tons of effort into metareading people

This is the exact same emotional indignance I encountered in my game with her, along with the general lurkiness. All I can tlel is that she's more actual lurky in her towngame while more active lurky in her scumgame; ironically her scumgame actually produced a lot more substance and a lot more theatrics in her posts.

Based on meta alone I'd lean about 5% to the scumside but this is destroying my texcat gutread.

Gonna have to reread her.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:59 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1736, copper223 wrote:On TTH: once again being wrong is perfectly understandable, persevering is not and that's all this is about if it becomes relevant, I don't know, maybe it's also a bit of frustration coming through from me having to read ridiculous reads like GGG's you are playing too town to be town.

Persevering isn't understandable given what happened with me and farside last game? She was scum but everyone insisted to me that not only was she town but absolutely beyond reproach.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Aneninen »

Some remarks.

(1) TTH's :
"The GGG wagon being completely unopposed isn't a good sign.
– I was thinking about it too, I remember.

(2) GGG's – ... as for me, I was scumreading you earlier as well. As far as I can remember, others had reasons too.

(3) It's strange that some of you found Copper's scummy and (apart from GGG?) nothing about this in
"
If someone quick hammers I'll be happy to lynch tomorrow
, if GGG self hammers as mafia I'm also fine with that."
– lawowdafuk? (Or am I making out something out of nothing?)

(4) Idiotking's – ??? Unvote GGG and vote TexCat, need I ask the Night Fairies why I find this and the text in that post scummy?
"Scum have more incentive, but town doesn't want to get lynched or have town wasting time wagoning them. And since TTH does not know my alignment, it's a bad thing to say regardless. If TTH knew I was town, it wouldn't be an issue in the first place, would it?"
– Wait, WHAT? (Cooper noticed it in his next post too.) And his conversation with GGG... Where will this go in the forthcoming pages, I wonder.

(5) Copper,
"if IK flips scum GGG is likely town"
– I'm thinking about the same thing.

(6) Why has that conversation about the Doc protection been going on at all?

(7) TTH's wagon analysis about is either genuine or an attempt to strengthen the TexCat counterwagon so as to save IdiotKing's ass. It's also strange that he didn't mention the Day1 Acryon wagon at all. The conversationg goes on about those wagons. Sometimes it's unreliable, though. Even if I had suggested analysing those earlier Today.

(8) TexCat,
"MMEek has been AWOL for quite a while, but what's happened to GIF?"
– hmmm... haven't we forgotten about him? (Asked replacement later, I see.)

(9) Now, a theory-talk about hammering. Is it Acryon and Copper again? Is it intentional?

(10) TexCat,
"Of course, if it were a scum slip, he would know exactly how many were bussing him. If GGG flips scum at some point,
I'm guessing 0 or 3 were on his wagon.
"
and
"If GGG is scum, he knows exactly how many scum are on his wagon. And my guess is that if he is scum, he would lie about the number. Just an observation."
– ??? And this? What was this? Also, according to Acryon's reaction TexCat and Acryon are not scums together (if and when Acryon fake-claimed on Day1).

Frankly, there are concerning things about so many players but I know that some of them are coincidence or my misreads. (Plus, making theories about scumpairs and teams or XOR scum-possibilities are not too reliable until we lynch at least one scum.)

But I think he's the most probable scum right now:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: IdiotKing
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:42 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Vote Count 2.5
With 11 Alive, it is 6 to lynch.

Idiotking(3)
- copper223, Mathdino, Aneninen
texcat (3)
- Idiotking, TellTaleHeart, GGG
GGG (2)
- Cain + Able, texcat
Not Voting (3)
- My Milked Eek, GuyInFreezer, Acryon

(expired on 2014-12-28 14:00:00) will be the deadline. GuyInFreezer is being replaced. MME has exceeded his announced VLA and failed to respond to a post-VLA prod. He will be replaced if a replacement is found before he returns.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:46 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1728, copper223 wrote:Delaying before replying can be a sign that you have to carefully prepare your statements and proof read them before posting because you are being careful about what you say, which may or may not be a scumtell, it may also just be a timing issue with TTH and RL near christmas, I was pointing out what I found similar in her SK game to this and different from her latest town game while it was still fresh.

:S

I often do "delay" because I like to give myself time to think about things and have well-written posts. I hate doing what I'm doing now, reacting to things. I actually did often "delay" in that micro game, evidenced by the fact I usually dredged stuff up pages after it happened because I didn't comment on it at the time.

I've been thinking about it today, and most of the quagmire in my reads come from GGG and Idiotking. They're important because their effects domino onto key slots like Cain+Able and copper. I'll unravel this.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 1754, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1728, copper223 wrote:Delaying before replying can be a sign that you have to carefully prepare your statements and proof read them before posting because you are being careful about what you say, which may or may not be a scumtell, it may also just be a timing issue with TTH and RL near christmas, I was pointing out what I found similar in her SK game to this and different from her latest town game while it was still fresh.

:S

I often do "delay" because I like to give myself time to think about things and have well-written posts. I hate doing what I'm doing now, reacting to things. I actually did often "delay" in that micro game, evidenced by the fact I usually dredged stuff up pages after it happened because I didn't comment on it at the time.

I've been thinking about it today, and most of the quagmire in my reads come from GGG and Idiotking. They're important because their effects domino onto key slots like Cain+Able and copper. I'll unravel this.

Good, I hope you do that soon.

Engage me, it's the best way to get a read on me. I'm often short on time, but I will respond as I can.
Everybody lies.

... except me, of course.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by copper223 »

@TTH
Persevering isn't understandable given what happened with me and farside last game? She was scum but everyone insisted to me that not only was she town but absolutely beyond reproach.

They were calling her town
just because of her role
, you should have brought up the STFU rules and told the rest of town: what are you guys doing? Here this is not the case.

I thought about that btw, that's why I said I can factor in the paranoia on me, but then you went for: everyone voting with copper (especially the Rudi wagon one was forced) is likely scum with some weird VCA which you more or less admitted was fabricated to tell a story about those players instead of being relevant and you applied that selectively too, Aneninen has been sheeping me for most of the game, I'm thinking out of a townread on me or because we find the same things scummy but if I had to build a conspiracy theory that's not something I'd gloss over.

I don't remember you actually telling us: I'll reply to this when x in our other game like you did as SK more than once, I do remember your posts being well formed and quoting points that happened a few pages back but you did that also after replying to the more immediate points of interest so I thought you were re-reading, I'll check that out.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

Ollie
replaces
GuyInFreezer
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Post by copper223 »

Welcome to the game.
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by Ollie »

Hi everyone! This is my first proper game on this site. Be gentle with me. :D
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

you didn't really need to replace in since your slots getting lynched at the end of the day

but thanks for subbing in anyway

i'm guessing this is the part where you claim cop to counter copper's guilty on you?
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Ollie »

Gonna have a read through the thread now.

If anyone wants to briefly fill me in on what's happened from their perspective including suspicions then that'd also help. x
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Mathdino »

HEY I SUSPECT THE GUY MY TOWNREAD HAS A GUILTY ON
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by copper223 »

In post 1761, Ollie wrote:Gonna have a read through the thread now.

If anyone wants to briefly fill me in on what's happened from their perspective including suspicions then that'd also help. x

I'd rather you reach your own conclusions and tell us what you think Ollie, if you need a few days to catch up that's perfectly fine.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Mathdino »

are you actually appeasing the guy you have a guilty on

are you legitimately doing this

my townread is wavering
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by copper223 »

Quite the opposite, I want his genuine reads because I think he may be mafia, if I had no worries about him as town I'd have just made my case on IK, said something along the lines of, nailed it right? now sheep me FTW.

Also I give people credit enough not to be influenced by me being polite.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by copper223 »

Ah it was still part of the failed reaction test, my bad but he wasn't falling for it :P
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Mathdino »

dammit man
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by Mathdino »

if either GIF or copper actually ends up flipping scum, noting them as a possible team
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by texcat »

Ollie, thanks for subbing in!

Dino, be nice! :good: He's a new player.

Re meta me. I had forgotten about that outrage quote you found(at the top of this page), Dino. I did try to tell you after #574 that it was not a scum tell for me. I almost always get mad and indignant when someone lies/misreps about what I said.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1769, texcat wrote:Ollie, thanks for subbing in!

Re meta me. I had forgotten about that outrage quote you found(at the top of this page), Dino. I did try to tell you after #574 that it was not a scum tell for me. I almost always get mad and indignant when someone lies/misreps about what I said.

standard reaction test, figured i'd try to confirm him as town

THANKS COPPER

and yeah you ended up being right
i'm questioning if metaing you is even going to work
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by copper223 »

@Dino
15 minutes later I'd say the only reaction you are getting is no reaction, you're right though that I have developped the bad habit of speed reading posts and replying immediately when I am online.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by Mathdino »

What do you make of the reaction we got?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by copper223 »

@Dino
Ollie has probably played before, he kind if says so himself with "first game onsite", he doesn't seem like a player who would scumslip and as far as alignment goes his reaction is null; I also read you as slightly more town for doing that.
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 1769, texcat wrote:Ollie, thanks for subbing in!

New to the site, not the game.
Everybody lies.

... except me, of course.

Return to “Completed Open Games”