ButteBlues
Townie
ButteBlues
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:04 am

Post by ButteBlues »

Unvote: BM

There are way too many replacements this early in the friggin game.
[img]http://shrani.si/files/user13flg.jpg[/img]
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:25 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

ryan wrote:I had a vote on BM earlier but since he's been replaced I will

Unvote/Vote: Mastermind of Sin

I like how you attempted to put me into a follower instead of a leader, and since I know I'm pro town and you attempted to start a bandwagon on me near a deadline (while I was on vacation) I have no problem going back to you on my vote
Ryan, I do not understand this. Just because BM has been replaced, doesn't mean that his role has been changed. If he was the SK then, his replacement (Jordan A24) would be SK now. So, your reasons for voting BM should be valid even now.
I'm back!
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:58 am

Post by yellowbounder »

SpinWizard, johhan, Black-Moon are being replaced.

theopor_COD replaces SpinWizard.
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:20 am

Post by DYH »

Unvote
- agreed with BB.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:15 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Ill unvote Qman, because I forgot why I was voting in the first place.

unvote
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:20 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Sorry to bring another game into this everyone, but YB, why aren't you posting in New Vinci?
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:30 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

JordanA24 wrote:Sorry to bring another game into this everyone, but YB, why aren't you posting in New Vinci?
This should be done by Pm...
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:31 am

Post by ryan »

Agreed. We need discussion in this thread about THIS thread only
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:33 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Sorry, ironically, the mod prodded him a few minutes after I posted that.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:37 am

Post by ryan »

With a deadline still imposed we do still need discussion because we do not want a no lynch day 1. Newbies it would be appreciated if you could weigh in with some thoughts
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:34 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

ryan wrote:I had a vote on BM earlier but since he's been replaced I will

Unvote/Vote: Mastermind of Sin

I like how you attempted to put me into a follower instead of a leader, and since I know I'm pro town and you attempted to start a bandwagon on me near a deadline (while I was on vacation) I have no problem going back to you on my vote
Where did I ever say you were a follower? You keep trying to make it seem like I did, and I didn't. Don't distort the facts, scum. Also, how would I know you were on vacation? I saw BM about to be lynched, and I was about to leave for 3 days without enough free time to post (MoS-Faire), so I posted my full case against you before I left. BM (now Jordan) is not scum, and I stand by that. I'm curious to see why you were so sure BM was scum, but that Jordan isn't, just because BM isn't here now. His role has not changed. Vote stands. I love when scum squirm.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:36 am

JordanA24 wrote:I have a feeling the SK's would try to sort of borderline lurk and fly under the radar, popping in from time to time with a almost useless comment in this sort of game, given the fact the town will probably end up lynching either a lurker or a contraversial player in the early days, given that we practically have just as much chance catching an SK by this method than by just random lynching atm.

Players that I think fall in the borderline lurking catagory (In order of guiltyness)

KaleiDoscope
Rand Althor (Though admittedly, he has posted 3 times today)
Estes
Butte Blues (sort of)
Sir Tornado
CDB

Based on this,
Unvote whoever BM was voting for Vote: KaleiDoscope

Also, I think the following need
prodding
:
Bethelmark
Black-Moon
SpinWizard
YoghurtBandit
I actually agree with this theory. Ksc0pe is usually more active, so I could see him as a possible SK. However, I don't like the way that you completely refrain from commenting on the active players. I believe that at least 1 SK, if not more, is among the active players, and we can get more tells from them right now, so I want to lynch someone that actually seems like scum.

What do you think of ryan?
Permanent V/LA.
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by bethelmark »

Alright, I'm here, and I apologize for not being able to post sooner. I'm going back to reread some things, then put together a good-sized post.

Before that though, I want to bring up a thought I've had. I'm not sure that a lot of the behavior that is traditionally "scummy" can be applied here, because the SKs are solely looking out for themselves. For example, I don't think bandwagoning is as scummy here as it would be in a normal game, because the SK is just trying to make sure that he is not the one lynched, instead of trying to ensure the safety of all members of a mafia group.

Thoughts?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:39 pm

Any scumtells that depend on someone defending a certain player or what not are generally null and void in this setup. However, most other scumtells still apply, because SKs can do them as well.
Permanent V/LA.
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by bethelmark »

Alright, here's a basic summary of my thoughts on the game so far.

The first two pages are standard random votes/joking, so I don't think there's too much there.

Page 3 had some discussion on the plausibility of finding SKs, and K-Scope brought up whether whe should just vote randomly. While I'm not in favor of it, I see his point.

Then some discussion about lurkers and where SKs fall in posting.

Then, a bandwagon forms on blagho. As I just stated, I'm not too sure on how much we can make out of this, because of how SKs are just out for themselves.

Then, some arguing between ryan and Battle Mage. Ryan definitely seems at this point like he's pushing heavily for a lynch on blagho, even though he's not voting for him then. Strange...

Lots more arguing. Several pages worth...yawn.

K-Scope seems a bit lynch happy, but I know that's how he plays a lot of the time.

I'm satisfied with a
Vote: ryan
right now, because there isn't too much to go on, and I feel he's the scummiest based on the little we have (pretty much through the reasoning of MoS).
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by bethelmark »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Any scumtells that depend on someone defending a certain player or what not are generally null and void in this setup. However, most other scumtells still apply, because SKs can do them as well.
Obviously the defending scumtells don't apply, but I'm looking more at things like bandwagoning. I think the "level of scumminess", if you will, is far less in a game like this than a normal game, because everyone, SK or not, is pretty much looking out for themselves. It's just a bit more important for the SKs.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by ryan »

bethelmark: So it would be fair for me to vote for you because of your non posting and lurking than correct? MoS is trying to get people to go after me because you are right, there isn't much to go on and since I at least posted thoughts and reasons I believed BM to be scum and why I voted MoS, also I did have a vote on Blahgo but changed it to BM because I felt he was acting anti town with his postings. As for his "role" you are right, it wouldn't change, but with him being replaced (thankfully) I'm giving Jordan a chance to speak. You see BM has a nack for being an asshole in games and whether he be scum or town it's tough to tell. Heck I've been in games with him before where he was lynched for acting anti town ONLY to turn up scum. I know for a fact that I'm a townie with no hidden agenda and with MoS on the warpath on me, I took a defensive approach in a game where all the basic rules of mafia can be thrown out and went with him. No squirming here MoS, just the truth SK.
Estes
Estes
Goon
Estes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:27 pm

Post by Estes »

Man, it's such a revolving door of people it's hard to keep up.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:53 pm

Post by Occult »

Estes wrote:Man, it's such a revolving door of people it's hard to keep up.
In keeping with the theme of this game, YagamiLight replaces johhan.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:01 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Hi, I'm going to read and try and make a post tonight, but first I'm going to
unvote
in case I have any outstanding votes.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:27 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Trying to post logic in this game is scummy. We should've lynched someone already, but I'm curious why people hold it off so far...
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:12 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Well, it seems to me that there will not be an scum tells today because the sk have no reason to defend anyone, but the town doesn't have much reason either. Also the SK will probably want to just lynch anyone until there is a low amount of townie's left, then start trying to lynch the other sk's. Basically I think we need to lower the number of people so the SK's start showing signs, and no-lynches are bad because I would rather have a chance of lynching an sk, so we lynch the lurkers. Then we have an active community, as we try to eliminate the sk. (I know most of this has been said already.)
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:26 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

unvote

I'll have a read.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:49 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Bah double post frigging Pipex. What a cack connection.

Anyways moving on to the more important issues -

I've skimmed the thread, will make some notes later on. First 8 or so pages I was getting a town read on Ryan only from a metagaming point of view, I'd nailed him as scum elsewhere and he seemed to be wiser shall we say here . . . however being as everyone's out for himself, I'm not so convinced now.

I will say I think MoS is town and whilst flicking through BM aswell, not convinced on Ryan. I don't like Rand Althor's vote a few pages back, say's he agrees with MoS's argument against Ryan, MoS specifically states BM is town - yet Rand votes BM. Problem with that one is I guess I always find Rand scummy.

Anyway I'll have another re-read later and make some more notes. Givlmrak struck me as scummy aswell before he was replaced.
ButteBlues
ButteBlues
Townie
ButteBlues
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:43 pm

Post by ButteBlues »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Any scumtells that depend on someone defending a certain player or what not are generally null and void in this setup. However, most other scumtells still apply, because SKs can do them as well.
However, in this type of setup, the town needs to be extremely aggressive in order to win. Currently, most of the town is not doing this. As a result, some of the town who actually _understand_ that playing aggressive in this setup is the only way to win are coming off as scummy to those who don't.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”