Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:02 am

Post by Drixx »

++-- : Please don't repeat HostileIntent's made up crap. I didn't say that I found an HI + SS scum team "most likely". I evaluated what possible motives a scum HI might have for blindly defending SS without any real reason, and I listed scum team as the least likely, noting that it would be bold for a day 1 play. In the same post I suggested the most likely case, if HI is scum, would be that HI knows who is town and is setting up some town cred by defending someone HI knows is town. Please evaluate
MY WORDS
, not the made up or manipulated crap other people claimed I said. If at all possible, I'd prefer you avoid cherry picking like SS just did.

I made my case against SS and did my duty in pressing that case. In response I had one player just outright make up something that I never said and ascribe it to me, and now it's as if we've slipped into an alternate reality where I actually said that thing. Another player intentionally manipulated several things I've said solely to try and paint me in as bad a light as possible. As far as I can tell, I'm the only one who saw something, made a case, evaluated the person's responses and found them to be unconvincing and pushed the case, and the result is me sitting at L-2.

Cabd suggested we push me to L-1 so that some late claim by me didn't send everyone scrambling to try and get a valid lynch in. After that, several people expressed unease with the lynch train on me (SS included). Mal was fingered (rightly) for lurking.

@SS - What's nefarious about what I said? First you say you're not comfy with the train on me in 312 but then in 320 you're back to twisting what I say away from the plain meaning and trying to make it sinister. That last paragraph begins with a sentence that expresses this sentiment: "As much as I'd like to see the vote swap to Mal (the seemingly consensus alternate wagon), I don't have any claim or reveal to make (a reference to Cabd's suggestion to put me in L-1 to force any claim I might have, in 302)." You could replace Mal with any other scummy player. I'd prefer to continue on and learn as much as I can in my first game. As a general rule, I think everyone prefers to continue playing over being lynched, yeah?

So, how am I self-contradictory when expressing that I'd obviously prefer not to be lynched and answering Cabd's "fear" that I'll claim late and cause a no-lynch? Did you say that I was self-contradictory because you bought HI's made up claim that I said a HI+SS scum team was likely? Was it self-contradictory because I referenced Mal instead of SS? Let's be real ... nobody seems to think my case amounts to anything. If I'm the only one who thinks SS reads scummy at this point, I can keep pushing, but that seems pointless. If the entire rest of the game disagrees with me, then it seems rather probable I misread the posts. I can keep them in mind going forward and if something new comes up, I can revisit that suspicion. I don't see why I have to be tied to thinking only one person is suspicious or else I'm self-contradicting though; especially since there are 2 scum in newbie games.

Now, I'm going to imply some shadiness on Mal's part, because frankly it looks kind of shady. I find it awfully convenient that Mal showed up again
precisely
minutes after SS went from disagreeing with the wagon on me to questioning me. What's worse is that Mal didn't really say much. His posts essentially sling mud @Jason randomly, and ... nothing.

Combine that with the last few pages, and I would put HI and SS in the "watch and see" column. Both have said some things that don't make sense if I read them assuming they are town, but I think the fact that literally nobody else read SS's response to my case as scummy is something I need to consider. It wouldn't be the first time I had a strong (and INCORRECT) read on someone. I don't know what more can be gained by talking it into the ground.

Unvote: Singersigner

I would like to see some substantive analysis from Mal. The timing of coming back to the game seems incredibly co-incidental. It stretches credulity, IMO. So far the problem with Mal is that lurking through the game is bad play to consent to, and that's what Mal is doing. If today goes by and he's still lurking through the game without any real contribution, and no stronger case than Mal as policy lynch arises, my vote will go there.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:27 am

Post by toolenduso »

Vote Count 1.13Epic Warrior (1): JasonWazza
Hostile Intent (0):
:!: Drixx (3): Cabd, Hostile Intent, copper223
++-- (1): mallowgeno
copper223 (0):
singersigner (0):
mallowgeno (1): singersigner
JasonWazza (1): Epic Warrior
Cabd (0):

Not voting (2): ++--, Drixx

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: December 24, 7:40 a.m. Pacific Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2014-12-24 07:40:00)

Prodding Epic Warrior.
Last edited by toolenduso on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:34 am

Post by Drixx »

The more I think about Cabd's post, the more uneasy I become. He's the IC, but activity and contribution has dropped off considerably. His contribution today was to suggest putting me at L-1, while we still have a few days left before the end of the day phase. His reasoning just doesn't stand up. We should put me in position to be hammered by scum for the lock because I might make a claim late in the day phase?

I've sat here for the last 30 minutes thinking through the scenario. If I were a town PR and I got to L-1, I would probably claim (injecting some wifom for the scum to sort through if I could). The scum could possibly drop the hammer and seal the lynch in that case. More disastrously, a townie who didn't catch the claim or didn't believe it could drop the hammer and once I flipped as town PR, the next day that townie would almost certainly be lynched for sealing the lynch on me. Without some intervention preventing a night kill, that would result in LYLO the next day. That's the absolute worst case scenario obviously, but it's certainly a possibility. I'm sure something like that has happened a number of times in the 1500 or so previous newbie games, heh.

A more probable scenario if I'm a town PR is that I claim and mafia has to kill me, but that still benefits the mafia significantly.

The actual situation is that I don't have any power to claim. The only "power" I have this game is the same power all VTs have. I can employ logic, rational thought, press people, make reads, and do my best to scumhunt.

But even that is information that helps the scum team narrow down candidates for town PR.

So what am I missing here? What's the town's upside to Cabd's suggestion to L-1 me based upon the premise that I might late claim?
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior
Townie
Epic Warrior
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:34 am

Post by Epic Warrior »

Sorry sorry sorry. I was just about to post, really I was.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Drixx »

@toolenduso - I unvoted SS in 325.

Fixed! :)
Last edited by toolenduso on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior
Townie
Epic Warrior
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Epic Warrior »

In post 250, JasonWazza wrote:EW your cute, but rather then bother going back right this second i will cover what you asked in your early paragraph.

Thanks, you're mildly attractive as well. Would you like to reply to the points I made?

What the heck does the first part of that even mean? "it was doing more on SS"? To me it looks like you found a better wagon, then switched back for no apparent reason.

Incorrect, fact is i got information from SS by moving my vote onto her the way i did, that never changed my read on you, i switched back because i was satisfied by the reaction i got from singer, this isn't no apparent reason, in fact it's the reason i myself stated.

In post 170, JasonWazza wrote:However i will say i am satisfied with what you have posted now.

Fine fine. However, just because you said it earlier doesn't make it true.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:38 am

Post by copper223 »

@++--
While copper indeed seems to be the best at this, I'm pretty sure I disagree with this statement, I feel like that (as of this point, I haven't read much of the later comments, I'll fix this statement if it turns out to have changed later), I'm not being properly evaluated by anyone - neither those who scumread me, nor those who townread me.

What does this mean?

++-- wrote:
In post 261, copper223 wrote:
@Singer
Is your supposed PT slip WIFOM?

If it was WIFOM, would singer answer "yes, it is"? No, I doubt it.

Why do you doubt it? I would answer yes immediately as scum, then say it was not my fault because I was speaking about PT's with Mina so that's what came out and you can interpret it as you will. There is really very little downside for mafia not to be honest in answering that so it was more a question about Singer's understanding and belief about what WIFOM is, so that I could re-read her prior statements with more info on how she (says) she thinks. The fact Singer said she made a conscious effort to say PT is totally not the answer I would expect but I don't really know if it's significant or if we have enough information to actually get something from it.

In general I think you are being too narrow minded, ask and then evaluate the reaction, rather than decide beforehand what they did without asking.

++-- wrote:
HI just basically accused me of chainsaw defending Cabd, so, therefore, is very much aware of it. Why would HI, in this case, still chainsaw defend SS?

This is a good point and I don't like Drixx's reply to it that you made it up because he definitely did say HI and Singer are possible partners.
++-- wrote:
In post 288, copper223 wrote:VOTE: Drixx
I agree with you two, Singer and HI, I also think that EW defence from Drixx where he called Jason scummy for going on him makes EW a likely partner.

L-2

So far, you've been consistent, but I don't understand this vote. So far, you've been quite sure about EW being a mafia, and now you're lynching Drixx for being EW's potential partner?

I explained the reasons why I'm scumreading Drixx as well, the potential partner comment is something to keep in mind only if we decide to lynch Drixx and he flips scum.

I am currently scumreading Drixx because Paul's unvote on the Choof wagon looks self conscious, because Drix's scumreads in his entry post on Singer and Mallow look opportunistic, because I did not understand nor agree with his poke on Jason in the same post and I don't like him 1/4 of it to defend a player I consider possible scum, and because his later interaction with Singer and HI looks forced. I will further add I'm not a big fan of the AtE he made about this being his first game and not wanting to be lynched after putting effort into it (paraphrasing here), I'll praise you at the end of the game for your logical posts and the fact you were willing to get in there from the get go and apologize if I misread you, but this game is about trying to lynch scum, not win most friendly christmas award 2014.

This said it looks like you are getting ready to jump on the Drixx wagon and this pings me because usually as town I don't feel much need to justify myself and I just join a lynch at the end if mine doesn't seem to be working.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:39 am

Post by copper223 »

VOTE: Epic Warrior [/post]
Those posts are complete fluff and once again you are making no effort to engage the rest of town, just the player scumreading you.

I think this is the best lynch for today.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:39 am

Post by copper223 »

:P VOTE: Epic Warrior
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:56 am

Post by copper223 »

@Mallow
I would like to see some substantive analysis from Mal. The timing of coming back to the game seems incredibly co-incidental. It stretches credulity, IMO.

This is a good point from Drixx, are you still sick Mallow?
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

Isn't it arguable that Jason is doing the same thing?

What happened to your scumread on Jason?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:28 am

Post by copper223 »

:neutral:
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

Were you not scum-reading him? My bad.
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:02 am

Post by ++-- »

@copper223 What I've said in the first statement is that compared to others, I think that there are ridiculously few people actually evaluating my posts, and even those who do - specifially, you, since Drixx was speaking about you evaluating everyone equally - do it with less effor than evaluation other people's posts. About the second statement, you might actually be right, maybe I'm narrow-minded indeed. Your explanation about the vote on Drixx seems to be quite logical. One more question: what do you mean by the following?

This said it looks like you are getting ready to jump on the Drixx wagon and this pings me because usually as town I don't feel much need to justify myself and I just join a lynch at the end if mine doesn't seem to be working.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:30 am

Post by Drixx »

@Copper - I never said that I didn't raise the possibility of a scum partnership. What I didn't say was that I thought it was the
most likely
scenario. I was essentially talking (typing) through the thought process. HI was defending SS without any reasoning, and if I assumed HI was scum, what would be the motive to defend SS without reasoning? I've listed the most likely possibilities several times, and rehashing them serves no purpose. The idea that I believed HI and SS were a scum partnership or that I even thought that was likely was fabricated out of thin air by HI, and most of the active players have been acting as if it were true ever since.

As for your disliking my comment that I would like to remain in the game ... I don't know what to tell you. I made a pretty simple statement acknowledging the obvious that I'd rather not get lynched (who would?) and put Cabd's "Let's put him at L-1 to force any claims so a claim doesn't cost us a lynch" post to rest. I don't have any role to claim. I'll take my portion of blame for imprecision of thought and post; however, there's also quite a bit of cherry picking and twisting going on. Unless someone is hyper-vigilant to be absolutely precise when expressing sometimes complex ideas, the reality in forum mafia is that you can take anyone's posts and cherry pick or manipulate parts of them to make the player look scummy, so long as they are making substantive posts and not skating along without risking putting much in play.

I tend to try and get people to talk in more than single sentences, because without that ... what is there to read?
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:52 am

Post by ++-- »

VOTE: Epic Warrior for now, for the following reasons: I still couldn't 100% solve the inconsistency between my individual scumreads and potential team-reads (even though I think I've progressed on it), but Epic Warrior appears as a potential scum in both of my reads (especially since he was/is FOSed by my townreads). Also, whenever he isn't being "attacked", he seems to be quiet, uncontributive, and, in general, useless, while if scumread, gets VERY defensive, but at the same time, does this in an offensive way. Originally, I didn't FOS him much, but I REALLY don't like how he went inactive after the "attacks" on him stopped, and, also, because of the fact that in the more recent posts, singer, my previous main FOS seemed to be genuine townie, while mallowgeno is equally scummy as EW, but, in my opinion, his potential scumteams are less "strong" in the sense that I townread mallow's potential scum partners more than EW's.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:55 am

Post by singersigner »

A couple of things for Drixx:
1. You were definitely the one who brought up the possibility of us being a scum team first. In fact you made it seem like it was at least 75% of your theory of why HI was defending me. You bring it up more than anyone else in posts , , and , and seem to suggest in at least two of them that you can't see any other reason for HI defending me other than the ultimate conclusion that he is scum (in either scenario you suggest). I understand you did not mean to suggest that was a main reason for scumreading HI, but that cétainly does not mean we were in the wrong to assume that's where you were headed.
2. You've expressed a stream-of-consciousness/volunteering thoughts type of posting, and don't hold back when it comes to accusing people of twisting your intent because you haven't explicitly stated something, but it seems fairly unreasonable to assume that we should just "get" your intent with suggesting votes go toward mallow without stating it.
3. You seem to freely offer statements like 'twisting my words' and 'another false assertion' without recognizing that's exactly how it's felt this whole time with your accusations of me. I can't quite parse it through, but I don't think it's scummy? It seems more like confirmation bias than anything.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:58 am

Post by ++-- »

(Quick correction: of course, everyone is a potential scumpartner to everyone else, however, there are certain pairs which I'd find very odd, such as, say, a singer-mallowgeno, or a copper-EW pair, for example. There are a bit more than these, I've just given them as examples. For all of them, the reason is that they would be very risky as a bus, and as such, I consider them as nearly impossible.)
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 341, singersigner wrote:A couple of things for Drixx:
1. You were definitely the one who brought up the possibility of us being a scum team first. In fact you made it seem like it was at least 75% of your theory of why HI was defending me. You bring it up more than anyone else in posts , , and , and seem to suggest in at least two of them that you can't see any other reason for HI defending me other than the ultimate conclusion that he is scum (in either scenario you suggest). I understand you did not mean to suggest that was a main reason for scumreading HI, but that cétainly does not mean we were in the wrong to assume that's where you were headed.
2. You've expressed a stream-of-consciousness/volunteering thoughts type of posting, and don't hold back when it comes to accusing people of twisting your intent because you haven't explicitly stated something, but it seems fairly unreasonable to assume that we should just "get" your intent with suggesting votes go toward mallow without stating it.
3. You seem to freely offer statements like 'twisting my words' and 'another false assertion' without recognizing that's exactly how it's felt this whole time with your accusations of me. I can't quite parse it through, but I don't think it's scummy? It seems more like confirmation bias than anything.

This post just gave me a very town read on you.

I'll work on being more precise RE: your 2nd point. Stringing too much together is probably a bad idea, even if there's absolutely no way to misunderstand it.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by copper223 »

@++--
The fact you seemed ready to jump on the Drixx wagon when you previously had a town read on his slot could be opportunistic scum making a move, it's similar to what HI said to me about my Drixx vote, alone and without flips it doesn't mean much and I still have a pretty strong townread on you, but having been wrong in the past (often ;-)) I leave myself these warnings for when/if I need to re-read the thread and see what I missed.

@Drixx
What's your read on EW now?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by Drixx »

EW didn't really say much after being prodded. I'm not sure there's much there to go on. It seems like he's being careful to say as little as possible that counts as contributive. Essentially he's continuing a rather extended back and forth with Jason, and I'm not sure the discussion budged very much with that last post, lol.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by Hostile Intent »

We're all just going to ignore the fact that Drixx claimed VT in 399 at fucking L-3?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by Drixx »

L-2 actually, with the
IC
making a theory based case that I should be pushed to L-1 so that a late claim by me wouldn't leave us scrambling for an alternate lynch. I made a post that didn't explicitly claim, and got pushed further for it, and finally just claimed.

I'll give you this HI; you're certainly tenacious.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 311, copper223 wrote:
@Jason
Paul's unvote after I mentioned Choof might have been baiting a wagon as town did look self conscious as Cabd mentioned and as far as Drixx goes once you cut through all the words behind his statements he voted Singer for what I consider a nulltell when various people were starting to pressure her, he FoSed you for going on Epic with what I consider a valid reason, and then OMGUSed HI forcing a scumteam which is very unlikely. His reads also happened to be the best you could give as scum at the time he gave them, he is right that correlation =/ causation but tells stack up.

The only other player I'd support a lynch on today is Epic Warrior, I probably would vote 1 or 2 more if that was the only choice compared to a NL but I'd not be happy about anyone else.

The problem i have with this is that i see his vote on SS as town, because he basically saw the exact same thing i did, fact is that was my exact thoughts when i voted SS, i pulled back on it only when i was satisfied the vote had done what it needed to do, SS still looks like leaning scum, though she is leaning more town recently, but Drixx is definitely a town read for me.

In post 316, ++-- wrote:
In post 244, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 243, ++-- wrote:So, Drixx has managed to say way more in this short period of time than his predecessor during the entire game. Or mallowgeno. Or Epic Warrior. Maybe even more than Jason, Cabd and HI/choof. Well, well, well. Definitely not something I expected, but definitely a positive development.

I find it more interesting that you left SingerSigner off that list.

Singer was saying stuff - but definitely not the way I like, seemed to be pretty opportunistic. (Note: I know I've previously said I don't like singer's "questioning" style and now I'm doing the same, but I have to since there's little time left and I have to catch up AND decide on a vote.)

Ummm, she was saying about as much as anyone else in the game, fact is drixx's content that you were saying was more then everyone in the game, would have been more then SS in the same vein.

In post 322, mallowgeno wrote:You don't even have me anywhere in any of your posts other than "null, inactive".

Town read, Null/inactive, i wonder which i would lynch, like this is as simple as 2+2.

In post 330, Epic Warrior wrote:
In post 250, JasonWazza wrote:EW your cute, but rather then bother going back right this second i will cover what you asked in your early paragraph.

Thanks, you're mildly attractive as well. Would you like to reply to the points I made?

What the heck does the first part of that even mean? "it was doing more on SS"? To me it looks like you found a better wagon, then switched back for no apparent reason.

Incorrect, fact is i got information from SS by moving my vote onto her the way i did, that never changed my read on you, i switched back because i was satisfied by the reaction i got from singer, this isn't no apparent reason, in fact it's the reason i myself stated.

In post 170, JasonWazza wrote:However i will say i am satisfied with what you have posted now.

Fine fine. However, just because you said it earlier doesn't make it true.

I give you a reason, and you tell me it's not true.

Please can we lynch this one, Mallow i can see actually becoming active, EW is just plain useless trash.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:53 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Ruff....rrrrruff.
Last edited by toolenduso on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”