Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by Hostile Intent »

Lol'd even worse.

I confused his vote and mallowgeno's like a dumbass.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:04 pm

Post by copper223 »

@HI
FFS you are destroying my town read on the slot.

@Cabd
You are presenting a false dilemma tbh, there is no adavantage to get a L-1 claim compared to wait for a player to state intent, so the second should always be preferred.

@Drixx
From my recent 6/7 games, site meta is to put a player at L-1, wait for someone to declare intent and after he claims lynch if he is VT or form a second wagon if he claims PR. You jumped the gun by claiming early when apparently there wasn't enough support for your lynch, I'd advise against it in the future if you are town. As to your complaint about PR's not fakeclaimig VT, thanks god I hate that crap, you can get away by claiming general PR and I have done so in 2 previous newbie games (1543 and 1551), but you have to be able to explain yourself as to why you are doing so convincingly.

@Jason
I assume scum know how to read. I did not like your post about lynching EW because he is useless, is he a policy lynch for you now?

@All
if all 4 of you disagree on the EW lynch you should form a counter wagon, that's a good point.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:05 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 376, copper223 wrote:
@Jason
I assume scum know how to read. I did not like your post about lynching EW because he is useless, is he a policy lynch for you now?

I
still think he is scum, i really couldn't give a fuck if his policy to other people.

Fact is useless people can still be scum.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior
Townie
Epic Warrior
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Epic Warrior »

I'm really really sorry I couldn't be on yesterday. My grandpa was in the hospital and it was busy. Anyway I see I'm at L-1.
In post 357, Hostile Intent wrote:
Epic Warrior
, not sure if you know this or not, but you shouldn't claim even at L-1 unless someone claims intent to hammer. And since all four players off your lynch have expressed no desire to hammer you, my advise is that you shouldn't claim at all.

What you SHOULD do, however, is scum hunt more so I don't feel stupid for reading you newb-town.

Thanks.

Yes, I actually do have reads, however no one has asked me for them and they're not strong enough for me to push them. I'm not going to post a readlist, but if you would like a read just ask. Like I said, none of them are very strong. i.e. I'm not absolutely sure on any of them.

Apparently I'm supposed to avoid claiming until someone threatens to hammer? Is there any reason why? IC?

In post 250, JasonWazza wrote: EW is just plain useless trash.

Mod: Is this personal insult or whatever?
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior
Townie
Epic Warrior
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:40 am

Post by Epic Warrior »

[quote="In post 376, copper223]
@Drixx
From my recent 6/7 games, site meta is to put a player at L-1, wait for someone to declare intent and after he claims lynch if he is VT or form a second wagon if he claims PR. You jumped the gun by claiming early when apparently there wasn't enough support for your lynch, I'd advise against it in the future if you are town.
[quote]

Why? Why would it be bad to claim? Why is it bad to claim early? WHY?!?!?!?!
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:01 am

Post by copper223 »

@EW
Why do you think? If you are a PR you don't want to get outed unless you absolutely have to, if you are a vanilla townie and you claim early, like Drixx did, and we don't lynch him, he just helped scum by reducing the lynch pool, unless he is scum himself and the VT claim is fake.

@Jason
I don't care about everyone else, I thought you had him as scum but you now want to lynch him because he is useless? That's not how I, who also think he may be scum, would have accused him, so it doesn't sit well with me.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:40 am

Post by toolenduso »

Vote Count 1.15:!: Epic Warrior (4): JasonWazza, copper223, ++--, Cabd
Hostile Intent (0):
Drixx (0):
++-- (1): mallowgeno
copper223 (0):
singersigner (0):
mallowgeno (2): singersigner, Hostile Intent
JasonWazza (1): Epic Warrior
Cabd (0):

Not voting (1): Drixx

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: December 24, 7:40 a.m. Pacific Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2014-12-24 07:40:00)
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior
Townie
Epic Warrior
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:49 am

Post by Epic Warrior »

In post 380, copper223 wrote:@EW
Why do you think? If you are a PR you don't want to get outed unless you absolutely have to, if you are a vanilla townie and you claim early, like Drixx did, and we don't lynch him, he just helped scum by reducing the lynch pool, unless he is scum himself and the VT claim is fake.

Or he could be PR and the VT is fake. But I get what you're saying.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:32 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 380, copper223 wrote:@Jason
I don't care about everyone else, I thought you had him as scum but you now want to lynch him because he is useless? That's not how I, who also think he may be scum, would have accused him, so it doesn't sit well with me.

Is reading not your strong point?

In post 377, JasonWazza wrote:
I
still think he is scum, i really couldn't give a fuck if his policy to other people.

In post 377, JasonWazza wrote:
I
still think he is scum

Fact is my aim is to get my scum read lynched, not to convince others he is scum.

In post 378, Epic Warrior wrote:

Fine let me amend it for you.

EW's Play this game is just plain useless trash

It's not meant to be personal (and who gives a crap if it is anyway, i'm a dude on the internet.) sorry if you took it personal.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:35 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Just as a thing, i do actually personally believe that the quote tool has in his sig is wrong, and it's a personal thought on the process.

"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else to lynch them."

Anyone agreeing with the read is a null factor, i want him lynched.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:47 am

Post by copper223 »

@JW
I read what you said after, but your first accusation was he is useless, you went as far as comparing him to Mallow based on that, and being useless is neither here or there when deciding who to lynch, in fact if I believed EW to be especially trashy at the game I'd be more forgiving.

@All
Quite the opposite some of EW's posts like the last one about a PR hiding behind a VT claim show that he has a good head when he applies himself so the fact he needs to ask questions that a town aligned player would probably figure out are a scumtell for me, if you are scum claiming late or early makes no difference for instance, you have to first think from a town pov. to understand why that is bad and I can see newbscum missing that.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:14 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 378, Epic Warrior wrote:

My apologies, I didn't see this until just now. Please bold communications you'd like me to see or respond to.

@Jason: Thank you for amending what you said, but in the future please avoid this.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:20 am

Post by singersigner »

I'm gunna take a wild guess and say it's mallow and EW. This is officially stating intent to hammer. I will be around all day regardless of if he comes back to claim. To be clear, I do not expect a claim or mad dash to find another lynch. I expect him and mallow to come back and defend themselves and offer up what they have to say about the state of the game if for some reason EW flips town.

Though...if EW flips scum there's no doubt in my mind that mallow is scum avoiding his wagon.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:48 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

Yeah guys let's lynch the newb instead of the serial lurker.

That's best for town.

I bet my fucking LIFE Warrior flips town and this wagon is scum led.

Look at mallow's ISO, look at his vote. Don't just read the posts. Look for their intent. He's lurking the hardest AT THE END OF DAY WHERE HE IS THE ONLY VIABLE COUNTERWAGON. Come the fuck on, guys.
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior
Townie
Epic Warrior
Townie
Townie

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:53 am

Post by Epic Warrior »

In post 385, copper223 wrote:The fact he needs to ask questions that a town aligned player would probably figure out are a scumtell for me, if you are scum claiming late or early makes no difference for instance, you have to first think from a town pov. to understand why that is bad and I can see newbscum missing that.

I assume you're talking about when I asked why it would be bad to claim early. It seems to me like no matter what your role is you'd just claim VT and in that case it wouldn't really matter when you claimed.
In post 386, toolenduso wrote:
My apologies, I didn't see this until just now. Please bold communications you'd like me to see or respond to.

OK will do.
In post 387, singersigner wrote:I'm gunna take a wild guess and say it's mallow and EW. This is officially stating intent to hammer. I will be around all day regardless of if he comes back to claim. To be clear, I do not expect a claim or mad dash to find another lynch. I expect him and mallow to come back and defend themselves and offer up what they have to say about the state of the game if for some reason EW flips town.

Though...if EW flips scum there's no doubt in my mind that mallow is scum avoiding his wagon.

"Wild guess"--is this sarcasm? If not, then I would recommend not hammering. If so, please accuse me of something or give some basis so I can defend myself. Thank you.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:09 am

Post by singersigner »

The only thing that would prevent me from hammering is if you yourself could give me a viable wagon/alternative by offering up a well thought-out case on anyone but yourself being town, because right now, that was not the response of someone who genuinely wants to leave the rest of us with as much to work with as possible if you're town.

I like tomatoes.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:39 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

Whelp, EW is being wrongly lynched. Fuck this. See you D2.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:10 am

Post by singersigner »

I mean, I'm more than happy to lynch mallowgeno instead, but EW doesn't even seem to want to support that to save his own life. That either means he's willing to sacrifice himself for someone he believes his scum (Jason), or in all likeliness, is unwilling to lynch his buddy.

More clarity after a flip, I suppose.

I like tomatoes.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:26 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

Or the real option, that he's brand new to the site and doesn't understand site meta/culture nor is he being told what he should be doing. You're just magically expecting him to do it, which is bullshit.

Epic, if you don't want to be hammered, I heavily suggest two things.

First, vote mallowgeno. We're not lynching ++-- today.

Second, provide reads. It doesn't matter if they're great. You're fucking new. Do your best.

Now I'm seriously done before I truly lose my mind over this ignorance.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

GOD DAMN IT.

We're not lynching JasonWazza today.*
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior
Townie
Epic Warrior
Townie
Townie

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:32 am

Post by Epic Warrior »

Hey guys just checking in. I have to go but I'll reply in an hourish. Don't lynch me yet. Readlist in an hour.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:39 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

Oh, look at that. Seems mallowgeno was last on site three hours ago and didn't contribute a fucking thing. I wonder why that is.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:12 am

Post by singersigner »

SO LET'S PLEASE LYNCH MALLOW FIRST KTHX

Like, I've been pretty clear on what I expect/want to happen today. It's pretty telling that mallow has yet to come in and hammer EW, too.

I like tomatoes.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:16 am

Post by copper223 »

@EW
You are providing a readlist now that Singer declared intent but wouldn't give one before? :lol:

@HI
I don't know WTF gives you the idea that EW is town, where did your early declaration of noob suspicion go? If you think Mallow is scum it seems likely he is with EW after that town read from MG so why the massive resistance to this lynch? Did you ask yourself why EW is not joining you on the MG wagon?

If he flips scum I'd seriously consider you tomorrow, try not to replace out if that's the case.
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:23 am

Post by ++-- »

In post 397, singersigner wrote:It's pretty telling that mallow has yet to come in and hammer EW, too.

I don't think I fully understand your point with this. If you're saying that this is because they are the mafpartners (which I find probably the likeliest), why are you not voting EW, and if you're not saying this, and mallow is scum, wouldn't he have announced at least an intention to hammer to make sure he is not further scumread just because he hammered on EW when the bandwagon was about to be "moved" to him?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”