ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:34 am

Post by ryan »

Looks like somebody wasn't paying attention to the game (I did notice the front page hasn't been updated though but still)
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:41 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

ButteBlues wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Any scumtells that depend on someone defending a certain player or what not are generally null and void in this setup. However, most other scumtells still apply, because SKs can do them as well.
However, in this type of setup, the town needs to be extremely aggressive in order to win. Currently, most of the town is not doing this. As a result, some of the town who actually _understand_ that playing aggressive in this setup is the only way to win are coming off as scummy to those who don't.
I completely understand what you are saying. I'm used to playing mountainous setups (see: Himalayn Mafia, where I lead lynches on scum D1 and D2, opposed the first townie lynch on D3, then was killed N3, the same night that I figured out who the last 2 scum were), and that's pretty much was this is. It takes an aggressive town to win, because we have no power roles to help us out. Having only SKs just means we have to look at posts in more detail, since a lot of scumtells aren't valid anymore. However, there is a difference between being aggressively town and aggressively scummy. Smart scum will realize that town need to be aggressive, so it makes sense that they would try to be aggressive as well, in order to camoflauge themselves among the townies employing the same strategy. We have to look at what people say, not how they do it, because the "how" is valid for both scum and town.
Permanent V/LA.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:28 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:What do you think of ryan?
I understand why you might think he's scum, but I don't think the scum-tells he's displaying aren't really valid in this game, I'm inclined to think that rather than going after one person, an SK would just go with the flow, Ryan's also contributing a lot. He might be a clever SK, but I think the ones on my list, particularly K-Scope, are better bets for scum.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:29 am

Post by JordanA24 »

EBWOP: ...scum-tells he's displaying
ARE
really valid...

Estes
Estes
Goon
Estes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Estes »

Man, this game is basically a crap shoot. Maybe we'll get lucky with lynches or have a few screw up.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:42 am

Post by ryan »

With our deadline on Friday we need at least some sort of decision because a No Lynch would NOT be a good play for the rest of us townies. I'm normally not a fan of bandwagoning but in this setup, I think we need to get one started. Call that scummy or whatever you want but a vote on somebody and getting some others talking is the key here. The SK right now are LOVIN life as we are running around with no clear lynches
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:00 am

Post by JordanA24 »

I agree with Ryan, a no-lynch would be a huge mistake for the town, all we lose if we mislynch is a townie.

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:18 am

Post by ryan »

Could we get a vote count please?
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:35 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

I agree with ryan also, I don't think we'll have anything to talk about untill at least day 2.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by ryan »

After the vote count we should see who needs pressured and who needs to go (with the deadline looming)
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:13 pm

Post by Occult »

Vote Count

5 - JordanA24 (ChannelDelibird, ButteBlues, Estes, KaleiÐoscøpe, Rand Althor)
2 - Lowell (theopor_COD, Givlmrak)
3 - ryan (Mastermind of Sin, JDodge, bethelmark)
2 - JDodge (Black-Moon, Lowell)
1 - KaleiÐoscøpe (JordanA24)
1- MoS (Ryan)
5 - None (Sir Tornado, DYH, YB, Yagamilight, Qman)

With
alive, it's
to lynch.

EDIT: Corrected stuff.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:13 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Why would a no lynch be bad in this situation? I would rather no lynch than lynch randomly. If we no lynch, we lose no one. If we lynch randomly, we most likely lose a townie. Having no one die is better than having a townie die. That's why we need to make an informed lynch instead of randomly wagoning, because that's not going to help us.
Permanent V/LA.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:19 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

No-Lynch is bad because if we lynch we still have a chance to Lynch an SK. Also it seems like in this the SK's are going to want to keep each other until there are fewer townie so they can take out townies quicker, and have the other SK's to show signs, hopefully show stronger signs than their own, and be lynched instead of them. Basically I don't think we will get many SK scum tells until there are fewer townies, I know that sounds bad, but I honestly don't think the SK's will show anything till then.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:32 pm

Post by Qman »

MOD

I unvoted in post 298
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:53 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

MOD - I am now SpinWizard.

Don't feed DYH any reasons for escaping from his vote at top of page.

Currently I don't feel too unhappy about no-lynching in this situation. It's not like a real game where obviously we can learn from voting patterns and lynches etc to catch mafia. If we mislynch its one less townie tomorrow in all likelihood, then if three more die tonight we're already in a spot of bother. I don't particularly want to vote Jordan or Ryan at any least.
ButteBlues
ButteBlues
Townie
ButteBlues
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:21 pm

Post by ButteBlues »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Why would a no lynch be bad in this situation? I would rather no lynch than lynch randomly. If we no lynch, we lose no one. If we lynch randomly, we most likely lose a townie. Having no one die is better than having a townie die. That's why we need to make an informed lynch instead of randomly wagoning, because that's not going to help us.
A random lynch has been and always will be better than a no lynch. This is basic friggin theory. You should know better. In fact, I'm damned sure that any player who's been here more than a week knows this.

Unvote, Vote: Mastermind of Sin

No lynch'ing in this game is a death wish. I'm confident that any player worth their salt knows this. So either you've got to be a complete noob at mafia or you're scum. Plain as that.
theopor_COD wrote:Currently I don't feel too unhappy about no-lynching in this situation. It's not like a real game where obviously we can learn from voting patterns and lynches etc to catch mafia. If we mislynch its one less townie tomorrow in all likelihood, then if three more die tonight we're already in a spot of bother. I don't particularly want to vote Jordan or Ryan at any least.
In setups like this, it takes an aggressive town who's willing to lynch to win. It's been proven time and time again.
ButteBlues
ButteBlues
Townie
ButteBlues
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:22 pm

Post by ButteBlues »

EBWODP:

Note: It's completely obvious that MoS isn't a noob, so he's got to be scum.
[img]http://shrani.si/files/user13flg.jpg[/img]
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:31 pm

Post by JDodge »

ButteBlues wrote:A random lynch has been and always will be better than a no lynch. This is basic friggin theory. You should know better. In fact, I'm damned sure that any player who's been here more than a week knows this.

Unvote, Vote: Mastermind of Sin

No lynch'ing in this game is a death wish. I'm confident that any player worth their salt knows this. So either you've got to be a complete noob at mafia or you're scum. Plain as that.
Not necessarily in this sort of setup. There's 3 different killers all trying to find the others and get rid of them.
In setups like this, it takes an aggressive town who's willing to lynch to win. It's been proven time and time again.
Can you give examples, or just vague generalizations on something that hasn't even happened yet?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:10 am

Post by ryan »

Unvote/Vote Lowell

MoS has posted and while I don't agree with most of his thoughts and feel that he could be a SK, I'm going with a pressure vote here. Lowell hasn't said ANYTHING (which is unlike him. I've played games with him in the past, he's usually very active) Until the deadline I have no problem putting pressure votes on whoever needs it and right now, Lowell needs it. Sir Tornado, DYH, YB and Yagamilight, it would be in the town's best interest if you would at least put a pressure vote on somebody before our deadline
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:25 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Why would a no lynch be bad in this situation? I would rather no lynch than lynch randomly. If we no lynch, we lose no one. If we lynch randomly, we most likely lose a townie. Having no one die is better than having a townie die. That's why we need to make an informed lynch instead of randomly wagoning, because that's not going to help us.
Yes, but if we Lynch a Townie, and All 3 Sk's make sucsessful kills, We only have 5 Townies left..
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:34 am

Post by ryan »

A no lynch is a possibility but I'm happier with some pressure votes to get some of these silent people talking, or we need some replacing, either or, our deadline is soon
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:06 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

YogurtBandit wrote:
Yes, but if we Lynch a Townie, and All 3 Sk's make sucsessful kills, We only have 5 Townies left..
EBWOP: I forgot we have 15 pro town, so We would have 11 left.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”