NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:37 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 348, d3x wrote:That just doesn't track, man. I highly doubt the Neighborhood had pregame, but the Scum didn't. I also can't even remember a game where Scum didn't have pregame.

I have had games where I had no pregame

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/MMHX6TnXeAT

This one also my fave game as well. It was when I was newer and I pretty much become the scum leader and lead a bunch of inexperienced people(Including me I was fresh) against people who have played more than us and won. It gives a insight to my mind a little.

Hell we weren't even told each others role till night 1.

Also your assuming scum talked about their roles in the pre-game sometimes people don't.

So with so many variables as to why scum could and couldn't do it.

Lets take this from another perspective. Why would town do it?

:Pe edit welp someones thinking around the same wave length.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:50 pm

Post by d3x »

@Jogger&Garmr- If he was legitimately getting DayVig'ed and felt that Nero was Scum based on interactions in the Hood, he'd want that info out there for Town. I don't agree with his assessment of what happened in the Hood, but I don't think he's misrep'ing it.

@Garmr- I just peeked at the QT and you guys actually did have pregame chat according to the time stamps. The QT was opened and you were welcomed by the Mod a day before she closed it for the start of D1 {which she announced}. According to the postgame, you didn't read your RolePM until halfway through D1. That doesn't mean you didn't have pregame, dude. That means you didn't read your RolePM; it was your choice to handicap yourself.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
firebound12
firebound12
Townie
firebound12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:24 am

Post by firebound12 »

In post 339, Garmr wrote:
In post 338, firebound12 wrote:holy shit those quoteception

Hey fire bound I noticed you avoided the conflict with tda and me mostly. What's your opinion on it?

Also I noticed you provided more points as why dbg would be scum (2 quotes by here which you pointed out why they looked scummy) but you didn't shift your vote to her why?

The whole conflict with TDA vs the world is just too much text to follow. Overall from skimming I do find TDA way of talking to be scummy (OMGUS everywhere, if he was town he would be more collected imo) so he's a slight scumlean on my list.

DBG could be acting like that because of her usual shenanigan, or it could be because she's scum. Overall it's a scumlean but not enough for a vote. That's why I didn't vote yet.

Oh btw thanks for reminding me to remove my RVS vote
UNVOTE:
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:27 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

So TTA says that dragon is scum along with his RVS target, then dragon says something about buddying and things got repetitive and silly from there.

This was a lackluster, easy-to-blend-in-for-scum misunderstanding, and I hope someone cares to elaborate on what they found that was alignment-indicative about it and in what way.

Spoiler: @d3x
[quote="In post 351, d3x"]@Jogger&Garmr- If he was legitimately getting DayVig'ed and felt that Nero was Scum based on interactions in the Hood, he'd want that info out there for Town. I don't agree with his assessment of what happened in the Hood, but I don't think he's misrep'ing it.

That's a pretty far-fetched line of thought, which you could easily have confirmation or denial for if you'd ask him, which you didn't so..

VOTE: d3x
What does you asking what something that doesn't have anything to do with scumhunting has to do with scumhunting have to do with scumhunting?
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:27 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

In post 14, PeaceBringer wrote:
vote evilpackman-

we will probably get into it at one point or another unless he does not realize my alt...

Who is your alt? I know I've played with you before but I don't remember "getting into it"

Actually TDA's first post or two seemed really town to me and judging by the formation of this wagon by the fourth page it's probably scum led. Garmr's 96 has this almost seems to scummy to be town but it is actually so scummy that it loops all the way back around to being scummy type thing going on. I feel like he sensed that TDA talked enough to probably eventually shoot himself in the foot. Ignore my first post it was mostly for prod-dodging.
ABR's reads are horrible so that's even more confirmation that he's town. IAI seems town but that's weaker. The reason the VC looked like ABR was scum was because he seemed like a weak counterwagon to a wagon that from what I skimmed was more sure-fire than it is now that I've actually read. Again, it's best if you just ignore my first post. But I do think ABR is town, just not a counterwagon.

This is a surprisingly light on content game so far.
Looking at the VC I would guess Garmr and Kid A are scum on TDA's wagon. Switch ABR and Garmr and I'd be pretty happy with DGB's placement list.

oh a claim
ok.
idk why people fall for stupid fake dayvigs
I've played like 50+ games and never seen a dayvig.
d3x is super town
oh someone is voting d3x.
ok I'm caught up.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:20 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Prod dodge, catch up today, tomorrow at the latest
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:31 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 354, evilpacman18 wrote:
In post 14, PeaceBringer wrote:
vote evilpackman-

we will probably get into it at one point or another unless he does not realize my alt...

Who is your alt? I know I've played with you before but I don't remember "getting into it"

Actually TDA's first post or two seemed really town to me and judging by the formation of this wagon by the fourth page it's probably scum led. Garmr's 96 has this
almost seems to scummy to be town but it is actually so scummy that it loops all the way back around to being scummy type thing going on.
I feel like he sensed that TDA talked enough to probably eventually shoot himself in the foot. Ignore my first post it was mostly for prod-dodging.
ABR's reads are horrible so that's even more confirmation that he's town. IAI seems town but that's weaker. The reason the VC looked like ABR was scum was because he seemed like a weak counterwagon to a wagon that from what I skimmed was more sure-fire than it is now that I've actually read. Again, it's best if you just ignore my first post. But I do think ABR is town, just not a counterwagon.

This is a surprisingly light on content game so far.
Looking at the VC I would guess Garmr and Kid A are scum on TDA's wagon. Switch ABR and Garmr and I'd be pretty happy with DGB's placement list.

oh a claim
ok.
idk why people fall for stupid fake dayvigs
I've played like 50+ games and never seen a dayvig.
d3x is super town
oh someone is voting d3x.
ok I'm caught up.

You confuzzled me with the bolded statement. I don't mind being scum read but only if someone has actual case that make sense. You are basically scum reading me for sheeping openly at the end of rvs/beginning of serious votes. Because I agreed with it and we had no other really stand out scummish things at the time? The way you word it ignores the fact I actually do question tda and have been one of the top pushers after I engaged in convo with him.

I do appreciate the compliment through about how you think I'm a genius and figured how things would turn out just from a couple of rvs posts. But that's simply not true unfortunately I just feel Tda is scum.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 150, I Am Innocent wrote:And since u hinted me, how about explaining why?

For some reason I wasn't a big fan of 62.

Nice OMGUS on me. Thought I do like that Yuni read.

In post 311, TheDudeAbides wrote:Either way, i don't think that it looks good for Nero, since the former is awful and out of game excuses is a pretty common scumtell. I think he was using the opportunity to buddy with d3x

So you are claiming that you acted scummy and b/c I didn't pounce on you that I'm scummy? :?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

oh almost forgot, IAI wanted a vote so....

vote:IAI
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:40 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 352, firebound12 wrote:
In post 339, Garmr wrote:
In post 338, firebound12 wrote:holy shit those quoteception

Hey fire bound I noticed you avoided the conflict with tda and me mostly. What's your opinion on it?

Also I noticed you provided more points as why dbg would be scum (2 quotes by here which you pointed out why they looked scummy) but you didn't shift your vote to her why?

The whole conflict with TDA vs the world is just too much text to follow. Overall from skimming I do find TDA way of talking to be scummy (OMGUS everywhere, if he was town he would be more collected imo) so he's a slight scumlean on my list.

DBG could be acting like that because of her usual shenanigan, or it could be because she's scum. Overall it's a scumlean but not enough for a vote. That's why I didn't vote yet.

Oh btw thanks for reminding me to remove my RVS vote
UNVOTE:

So what is enough for a vote? We have had 15 pages there has to be something vote worthy?
:igmeou:

In post 353, FakedBlogger wrote:So TTA says that dragon is scum along with his RVS target, then dragon says something about buddying and things got repetitive and silly from there.

This was a lackluster, easy-to-blend-in-for-scum misunderstanding, and I hope someone cares to elaborate on what they found that was alignment-indicative about it and in what way.

Spoiler: @d3x
In post 351, d3x wrote:@Jogger&Garmr- If he was legitimately getting DayVig'ed and felt that Nero was Scum based on interactions in the Hood, he'd want that info out there for Town. I don't agree with his assessment of what happened in the Hood, but I don't think he's misrep'ing it.

That's a pretty far-fetched line of thought, which you could easily have confirmation or denial for if you'd ask him, which you didn't so..

VOTE: d3x
[/quote]
I have to agree with this. Through I find dex and tda to be scummy they are independently scummy and only one of them can be scum.
killapenwin
killapenwin
Goon
killapenwin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:53 am

Post by killapenwin »

In post 250, d3x wrote:--Thoughts--

Early issues with pen- CogDis with p in the context of p. This is a big problem for me. p is also an issue. He over explains the IAI player list thing by dropping the Newb card, but completely avoids the OMGUS issue... again. Delves into a potentially distracting theory debate instead of doing the thing he's talking about doing. Further, he is still holding onto an RVS Vote while bemoaning the merits of the RVS.

@dragon- Does pen's CogDis bother you as much as Yuni's?

@fire- Why do you keep explaining your RVSes? ...does not want.

@Peace- Are you Voting because you see a VI PL in the making or because you legit feel he's scummy?

DudeWagon is fine, I guess. penWagon would be infinitely better. I'm not sure I get the FlubWagon.

Your issues with me stem from your own RVS vote on me, I put one back on you and your concerned about it even though there is a guy who has 4 or 5 more votes on him than you? Which begs the question why is it such a big problem for you?
At the moment I don't have a strong scum read on someone else (Garmr and Albert B. Rampage have piqued my attention) but this is mostly because the TDA situation has monopolised the conversation so far.
I am on the fence about TDA being scum, there is a lot more discussion to be had first I feel but I will hammer if I have to.
This just seems to be you OMGUS me back for leaving an OMGUS vote on you, which again originated from your own RVS vote on me. Do you now see why I think RVS is bad?
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:26 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 360, killapenwin wrote:Your issues with me stem from your own RVS vote on me, I put one back on you and your concerned about it even though there is a guy who has 4 or 5 more votes on him than you? Which begs the question why is it such a big problem for you?
At the moment I don't have a strong scum read on someone else (Garmr and Albert B. Rampage have piqued my attention) but this is mostly because the TDA situation has monopolised the conversation so far.
I am on the fence about TDA being scum, there is a lot more discussion to be had first I feel but I will hammer if I have to.
This just seems to be you OMGUS me back for leaving an OMGUS vote on you, which again originated from your own RVS vote on me. Do you now see why I think RVS is bad?

I'm null to you, but with two weeks to go you would hammer me, while two of my scum reads have piqued your attention.
That's a shame.

Now would be the time for you to start talking about what piqued your attention.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:27 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 357, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 311, TheDudeAbides wrote:Either way, i don't think that it looks good for Nero, since the former is awful and out of game excuses is a pretty common scumtell. I think he was using the opportunity to buddy with d3x

So you are claiming that you acted scummy and b/c I didn't pounce on you that I'm scummy? :?

No, Nero. What do you think was scummy?
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:30 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

NakedJogger, I don't understand your argument for d3x being scum at all.
-Thompson.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:32 am

Post by Garmr »

Resisting urges for sarcasm for sake of town -clutches heart and falls down-
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:36 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 347, Garmr wrote:
In post 346, d3x wrote:If your assertion is that Dude is Scum... and he's
in
the Hood... well...?

You haven't caught on to my meaning have you. You are pushing the assertion that scum either had pregame chat or daytalk. It could be they didn't and his outing the neighborhood to his scum buddies so why the assumption they have day talk or pre game chat?

Since the neighbourhood had pre-game chat, there is a pretty good bet that scum did too.

In post 349, FakedBlogger wrote:Why would town vomit that shit all over the thread?

It was two posts, where I claimed and where i said what we'd talked about. Why does it get the "vomit that shit" rating from you?

In post 352, firebound12 wrote:if he was town he would be more collected

When you've played more, you'll realize just how false this is.

In post 352, firebound12 wrote:DBG could be acting like that because of her usual shenanigan, or it could be because she's scum.

Acting like what? What makes you think that it's not just her usual behavior?
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:40 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 364, Garmr wrote:Resisting urges for sarcasm for sake of town -clutches heart and falls down-

After I post, showing that Garmr's case on me has no foundation, he decides not to respond, so as to avoid clogging the thread. I post. He tries to undermine me. So he's not trying to avoid clogging the thread with our argument, and he's ignoring posts showing that the rationale for his scum read on me are wrong.

He's scum.
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:03 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

For Yami:

On Flubbernugget: I can easily follow Flubber's line of thinking through the game. Peacebringer makes a policy vote, Flubber votes for him, but Flubber doesn't stick to it, and then votes me, which is sad, but whatever. It shows a lack of stubbornness. His town read on Dragonspawn is easy to follow (even though I think it's wrong). When he quotes the post by kilapenwin, for associatives, he's scum-hunting in a very natural way. He's not tunneling on me, which would be an easy thing for scum to do.

Firebound: At that point the only post with content that Firebound has was 238, and he goes after both ABR and DGB. I think that's trying. I be happier if he'd actually read the thread, but there's not too much that I can do about that.

Peacebringer: With Peacebringer it's about how I perceive his mindset to be when he make his posts. ABR critizes him and he doesn't back down. He sees someone random voting and posts "popcorn" which seems natural because someone was bound to call that (especially when it isn't random at all). Kllapenwin made a sequence of posts: I'm not a fan of RVS, I'm new, I've just worked 12 hours, how to open the game, and votes him. A vote that really makes a lot of sense, and as I look at it more closely now, I dislike kpwn even more. To me this clearly shows scum hunting.

DGB: I don't know what you expect here. I think she's null and this is how I expect her to play. You want to convince me otherwise, I'm listening.
-Thompson.
killapenwin
killapenwin
Goon
killapenwin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:41 am

Post by killapenwin »

In post 361, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 360, killapenwin wrote:Your issues with me stem from your own RVS vote on me, I put one back on you and your concerned about it even though there is a guy who has 4 or 5 more votes on him than you? Which begs the question why is it such a big problem for you?

I'm null to you, but with two weeks to go you would hammer me, while two of my scum reads have piqued your attention.
That's a shame.

Now would be the time for you to start talking about what piqued your attention.

Sure, I would be happy to explain this to you.
By hammer I didn't necessarily mean quick lynch, I meant if it came up to that 2 week mark and it was down to me to put my vote for a day lynch then I probably would. My response to D3x was when I read the post so I had not caught up fully in my last post.

Speaking of quick lynching, ABR wanted to quick lynch you, which is one of my reasons as to why he may be scum, I also don't feel he has been doing much to help town, I feel his posts lack content and reads. You may recall that I posted soon after that I would not want to lynch right away as there was still time for discussion.

My problem with Garmr is that I don't really like his interaction with you, he just seems to have been antagonising and baiting you into making yourself look bad. He has been pretty opportunistic and I don't feel it was in a way where you could reasonably justify yourself, just a dogpile and wanting others to follow. I can't see that coming from a town mindset even when he says about you talking to much about the DS thing, you have every right to defend yourself and I know if I had 5-6 people voting me for a reason I didn't agree with that I wouldn't let it drop either.

^that was my read on Garmr up to 250 and now that I have caught up I feel even more confident that he is scum, if he were dayvig wouldn't you be dead by now? If he is dayvig there was plenty of traction on your wagon I don't know why he would use his day kill so quickly it just doesn't make any sense.

I will be honest and say I didn't read your or Garmr's multi-quote battle on page 14, that was just ridiculous. I am happy to go ahead and

vote : garmr
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 368, killapenwin wrote:
In post 361, TheDudeAbides wrote:

That's a shame.

Sure, I would be happy to explain this to you.
By hammer I didn't necessarily mean quick lynch, I meant if it came up to that 2 week mark and it was down to me to put my vote for a day lynch then I probably would. My response to D3x was when I read the post so I had not caught up fully in my last post.

Speaking of quick lynching, ABR wanted to quick lynch you, which is one of my reasons as to why he may be scum, I also don't feel he has been doing much to help town, I feel his posts lack content and reads. You may recall that I posted soon after that I would not want to lynch right away as there was still time for discussion.

My problem with Garmr is that I don't really like his interaction with you, he just seems to have been antagonising and baiting you into making yourself look bad. He has been pretty opportunistic and I don't feel it was in a way where you could reasonably justify yourself, just a dogpile and wanting others to follow. I can't see that coming from a town mindset even when he says about you talking to much about the DS thing, you have every right to defend yourself and I know if I had 5-6 people voting me for a reason I didn't agree with that I wouldn't let it drop either.

^that was my read on Garmr up to 250 and now that I have caught up I feel even more confident that he is scum, if he were dayvig wouldn't you be dead by now? If he is dayvig there was plenty of traction on your wagon I don't know why he would use his day kill so quickly it just doesn't make any sense.

I will be honest and say I didn't read your or Garmr's multi-quote battle on page 14, that was just ridiculous. I am happy to go ahead and

vote : garmr

Sniffs killaspawns head the newness that radiates off you is refreshing. Of course the dayvigg was fake lol. Also this is my personality is mine. Hell i even wrote a lymric about how stupid fitz was once and how he was a village idiot in space mafia. Well i guess i was the joke was on me he turned out to be scum and beat me but oh well was fun.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

This game is getting ahead of me.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:14 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 370, Albert B. Rampage wrote:This game is getting ahead of me.

Or are you ahead of the game. :?:
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:19 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

Spoiler: @TTA
In post 365, TheDudeAbides wrote:

In post 349, FakedBlogger wrote:Why would town vomit that shit all over the thread?

It was two posts, where I claimed and where i said what we'd talked about. Why does it get the "vomit that shit" rating from you?

I found it convenient to adopt d3x's vernacular on the matter, no rating intended.
Spoiler: @TTA
In post 363, TheDudeAbides wrote:NakedJogger, I don't understand your argument for d3x being scum at all.

I've asked d3x what town-you could have gained from "vomiting that shit" and he said that you might have believed the vigshot, therefore outing your hood to explain unmentioned arguments for being suspicious of Nero before the mod announces your death. If d3x is town he would've wanted to get a definite townread on you by asking you if that was indeed the case.

This lack of curiosity to investigate for the sake of certainty indicates extra information about your alignment.
What does you asking what something that doesn't have anything to do with scumhunting has to do with scumhunting have to do with scumhunting?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:43 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 337, Garmr wrote:I'm just going to ignore tda for a bit and focus on other people it's starting to clog the thread with his shit.

I decided to do that when he decided to chop quotes again. There is no reasoning with someone when they deny doing what they do. I will only interact with him if he makes any relevant post on another issue.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:52 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 346, d3x wrote:If your assertion is that Dude is Scum... and he's
in
the Hood... well...?

I'm not following the reasoning here. If he is scum his team wouldn't know about the hood until either he dies and his role is revealed or he talks to them. Am I missing something?

and yes it does seem a bit early for town to be revealing all that.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”