Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Sir Tornado wrote:I don't like a no-lynch on day 1. A lynch gives us a 1 in 6 chance of hitting. A no lynch doesn't do that.

And, the SKs get 3 NKs between them. So, 1 extra townie (should the lynch go bad) doesn't really make much of a difference.

Another thing is, that for how many days are we going to carry out the no-lynch (if we do one today that is)? The arguments for a no-lynch today would be more or less valid tomorrow too.
We shouldn't no lynch ever. At least, not anywhere near this point in the game. It's not a strategically sound option.
Permanent V/LA.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by ryan »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:I don't like a no-lynch on day 1. A lynch gives us a 1 in 6 chance of hitting. A no lynch doesn't do that.

And, the SKs get 3 NKs between them. So, 1 extra townie (should the lynch go bad) doesn't really make much of a difference.

Another thing is, that for how many days are we going to carry out the no-lynch (if we do one today that is)? The arguments for a no-lynch today would be more or less valid tomorrow too.

We shouldn't no lynch ever
. At least, not anywhere near this point in the game. It's not a strategically sound option.
I think this point is getting beaten to death. I think we've already shown that a no lynch is going to be a mistake. Now MoS, let's go find us some scum and do a little lynching! :D
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:24 pm

What do you think I've been trying to do? I've already found two possible scum, and a bunch of idiots are running around talking about how it's impossible to get scumtells and how we should just randomly select someone to die. It's idiocy...
Permanent V/LA.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Qman »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:What do you think I've been trying to do? I've already found two possible scum, and a bunch of idiots are running around talking about how it's impossible to get scumtells and how we should just randomly select someone to die. It's idiocy...
Ignoring the ad hom aspect of that post...

Who are your two, and why?

It's really hard for me to take you seriously when you are insulting people that don't agree with your particular approach, please stop doing that.

Thank you.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
ButteBlues
ButteBlues
Townie
ButteBlues
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by ButteBlues »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:What do you think I've been trying to do? I've already found two possible scum, and a bunch of idiots are running around talking about how it's impossible to get scumtells and how we should just randomly select someone to die. It's idiocy...
Agreed with Qman.

Pray tell who these two scum are and explain what makes you sure that they are scum.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by ryan »

It's difficult to find scumtells with this setup but not impossible, thanks for calling me an idiot, I'm use to the g/f calling me stupid, but not an idiot :D
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:24 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

ButteBlues wrote:
Agreed with Qman.

Pray tell who these two scum are and explain what makes you sure that they are scum.
I think he already has, Ryan and K-Scope wasn't it(?)
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
ButteBlues
ButteBlues
Townie
ButteBlues
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:12 am

Post by ButteBlues »

JordanA24 wrote:
ButteBlues wrote:
Agreed with Qman.

If that's the case, I'd still like to hear his reasoning.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:04 am

Post by JordanA24 »

ButteBlues wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:
ButteBlues wrote:
Agreed with Qman.

If that's the case, I'd still like to hear his reasoning.
He's already done that as well (Posts 270 & 375)
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:35 am

Post by ryan »

Yeah and in 375 he also moved on as nobody jumped on his "Vote Ryan Bandwagon: which is very interesting. Trying to find a bandwagon to start and get everyone to jump on?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:25 am

Why is it that people (especially ButteBlues and Qman) are so engrossed in their goddamn random lynch plan that they haven't even read the thread? It's not about a different approach, Qman. You're (everyone on the random lynch path, not just Qman) giving up on the challenge and not even playing the game. You see how hard it is to actually find SKs so you resort back to random lynching so you don't have to put any effort into it. You're not even putting in the effort to read the game, as evidenced by your questions on this page. I'd almost be willing to say that Jordan is protown, merely because he's actually paying attention and
being useful

And no, I won't refrain from calling people idiots when they're doing something really stupid. If you don't like it, you can replace yourself. I'm not here to get all buddy-buddy with everyone. That's what the discussion forums are for. I'm here to lynch nasty, filthy, devious, lying scum, and that could be you. I don't have to be nice about it.
Permanent V/LA.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:30 am

Post by ryan »

You do have to be respectful though MoS.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:38 am

I am being respectful. That doesn't mean I won't call someone an idiot. I call all my friends idiots. That's not being disrespectful, it's being realistic. If someone doe something stupid, I'll point it out so they can fix it.
Permanent V/LA.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:41 am

Post by ryan »

I understand that MoS, but you calling friends idiots and calling people you do not know idiots is different. The people that aren't actively pursuing scum will end up getting their ass in trouble because of it.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:48 am

I'd rather they just start pursuing scum instead of waiting to get in trouble and end up protown and a wasted lynch. I'm not going to let that happen, so I'll berate them
now
in the hopes that they don't continue and cost us the game
later
Permanent V/LA.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

ButteBlues wrote:Especially given that in this setup we have no power roles amongst the town by which information can be gleaned (ie. cops), we need to start narrowing down the number of folks among the town who could be scum. Lynching, along with the SKs night kills, will accomplish this, and as a result, move us along towards ratting out the SKs and lynching _them_.
Are you saying that we need to start lynching town off because we would have a better chance at getting SKs from a smaller town?
I'm back!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by JDodge »

This little fit ryan is throwing over MoS calling people idiots seems like a half-baked attempt to both throw suspicion onto MoS and debunk the arguements set forth against him.

Either that or it's a counter-productive waste of everyone's time, which could be spent focusing on the actual game as opposed to semantics.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:06 pm

Post by ryan »

Little fit? Because I asked him not to call people idiots? Ok, I guess JDodge.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

JDodge, I don't think it's Ryan alone... everyone is to blame for this. I don't think we have actually started to hunt scum yet. Some arguments on "Whether to random lynch or not" and "Does the Game theory for this one differ from general game theory" occupy most of the past few threads. And, to tell you the truth, I haven't got the slightest idea where to start from.
I'm back!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by ryan »

ChannelDelibird wrote:I am back now, for real. I will read up and post within the next couple of days.
And what did you come up with?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:23 pm

Post by JDodge »

Sir Tornado wrote:JDodge, I don't think it's Ryan alone... everyone is to blame for this. I don't think we have actually started to hunt scum yet. Some arguments on "Whether to random lynch or not" and "Does the Game theory for this one differ from general game theory" occupy most of the past few threads. And, to tell you the truth, I haven't got the slightest idea where to start from.
No, no, I know that, but this little exchange is worth even less than the game theory and random lynch ones, which at least have
some
semblance of relevance to the game. This one is just silly.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by ryan »

Be honest, even the threat of a deadline didn't get all the players up in arms and posting. MoS, I understand that a "random lynch" on Day 1 isn't a good idea but I can't find a whole lot scummy in people who don't post. For now Lowell is my vote. He sat around and didn't post till he got like 5 votes on him, than he came out and when the votes went away, so did he.

unvote/vote Lowell

Call it a pressure vote or whatever you will, I'm happy with him as a first day lynch.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Lowell wrote:
vote BM
. As good as any other. Call me crazy, but the fact that you accused someone of setting a trap for lazy townies makes no sense. NO ONE wants to trap townies in this game, not even the scum.

This is a dry as hell thread. Read one page read them all.

Also
FOS DYH, ryan
just for looking scummy. But ryan always looks scummy so I don't know what to make of it.

Also,
tornado, and Butte
are town.
You know, Lwell's last post wanted reasons for voting him. Here he gives his reason for voting, but no reason for why he thinks DYH and ryan are scummy or why tornado and Butte are town.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Ryan: Lowell seems to be away. He's not posting much in any of the other games I am in with him either.
I'm back!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by ryan »

Sir Tornado wrote:Ryan: Lowell seems to be away. He's not posting much in any of the other games I am in with him either.
Than when he returns I'm sure he'll give us some content :D

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”