mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:56 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1238, Aneninen wrote:You're right, it's partly about your playstyle.
But
, you said that I might think it's anti-town. You also said that you have several playstyles. Need I explain how bad the situation is? You must know too that if we mislynch Today, there may be a LyLo Tomorrow. Why on Gods' Green Earth don't you choose a less anti-town playstyle?
Because
I am town.

...That made more sense in my head. Basically, I do this on instinct. I don't consciously choose a playstyle for a game and go, "hey, let's do that", and then suddenly stop doing it. (Except when I do. But even then, that's something that happened instinctively: the forced playstyle was dropped in favor of the more natural one, but the natural one was no more town than the forced one. My own fault, but
technically
speaking, I got mylo-mislynched off of it.)

Simply put, my style is what I think works best for catching and lynching scum during a game (except when I'm deliberately forcing a style for reasons), but while it's something I think is right, the actual usage of it has no thought put into it; it just...well, is.

Also, you were on both of the Davesaz and the Eyestott wagon, you were the one who pushed the Davesaz-wagon hardest. These are facts.
Also fact: my scumplay has, traditionally,
avoided
hard pushes unless I was desperate or actually believed what I was saying. (e.g. legitimately thinking AP was scum in Anything Goes, desperate to get a non-scum lynch in Attack on Titan.) You can track down any scumgame of mine. In any scumgame you find, I'll make a push, but I won't make it hard. (Well, with the exception of AP's bastard game, where I hardcore bussed D1. But I mainly did that, honestly, for the trollz, and because my scumbuddy sucked, and because I thought I could get away with it and ultimately did. And it was a bus anyway, meaning on all town lynches after that I was cruising and not nearly pushing as much.)

Not-so-fact-based, of course, is the
reason
why, but it should follow fairly decently if you have a hold on me by now what drives that, and that's simple. Town-me doesn't give a damn. I'll push whoever I push, and I have absolutely no shame in making the push. I may regret the results OF the push, apologizing to players I have misread, but I will never. EVER. apologize for having made the push in the first place, because while ultimately wrong, I saw something and I pursued it and it gave me further information--good info or bad info--on the game, so there's nothing to be sorry for.

ScuMastin, on the other hand, likes subtlety: avoiding the spotlight. Know what spearheading a mislynch does?
It draws attention to you
. Mostly negative attention. Why not let the town destroy itself? Why not let the town mislynch itself to oblivion by subtly planting the seeds of discord? This is, in fact, my modus operandi. I can now say that I've got a completed scumgame, theelkspeak's faith plus one. I only came in for lylo, but even there you can see it: I didn't push DGB hard. I let the town become doubtful of themselves. And used that to ultimately be positioned to hammer DGB, something I couldn't have done if I had pushed her. It's a bad example because it was too brief of one, but it's the most recent. Left 4 Dead is the go-to example. In it, I basically directly caused PeregrineV (town) to fakeclaim a guilty on BBMolla (the town cop), outing Molla AS said cop, all because of the actions I had pulled that placed the seed of doubt in him. I subtly directed attention onto Molla with some of my trolling. (Among them? Molla had a guilty on me but never claimed it. I
claimed scum in-thread
the moment I saw it, though. ACTIVELY. CLAIMED. SCUM. And one of my trolling posts, I "slipped" a message that was "supposed" to be a PM to the mod about my "scumbuddy" Molla faking a guilty on me. The wifom of why scum would roll over and die, least of all ME, ate at PV.) My pushes were never made strongly, because I didn't want to give the town info. (I deliberately made myself a sacrificial lamb as to allow my team to win--we did. Handedly, once the cop was outed.)

"with Tean as an outside possibility who may or may not be scum, but whose lynch would provide further POE on the scum."
– I don't like this. We don't have time for PoE lynches.
PoE lynches, no. AN PoE lynch, yes. Singular. Tean is my POE candidate for the lynch. I think they're scum by POE, thus, could lynch them--if they're
not
scum, then it means we went wrong somewhere, have that info available, and can reassess, further honing in on the scum via POE. It's not my
preferred
strategy because the outcome is not nearly as beneficial either way in my opinion. It IS, however, a
viable
option.

You said that we're "fairly synergetic players". And if I dropped my scumread on you we could work together. You might say the truth, but I strongly think that you want to fool me. Why are you telling this to me? Why not to your other townreads?
Because I'm actually trying to work with you and not against you?
To Heartless, Wicked, or maybe Beast?
Well, I AM trying to work with Anti, but he's annoyingly not around often enough to respond. Wicked I am interacting with, but while I townread him, I don't think we have synergy at all--frankly, he and I have basically opposite reads. Similarly, while beast is a townread, I don't think there's much I can gain by working with him, largely because I don't think there's any way we can really work together that well.

Push come to shove, I can probably strongarm beast and Heartless into helping me lynch basically any player; they'd likely be willing to trust me enough to sheep given it's not lylo. I can obtain a lynch without working with others; I hold the skills necessary to lead a town, and sort-of already have. It is, however, not my preference. I HATE dominating over a town. What I prefer doing is working
with
the other members of the town, and the greater the synergy...the easier that is.

...Thus, you.
I wish I didn't think that you would like me to drop my scumread on you.
No shit I'd like you to drop the scumread of me. I'm town, wanting to work with you, and if you keep on thinking I'm scum, you're inherently sabotaging your own efforts to work with me whether you realize it or not.

By the way, I saw Copper fake-claiming in another game (although they had Nightkilled me before). The scums won, we hardly had any chance.
Fairly easy victory for me. Like I said, town basically destroyed itself. Most of my work was already done; all I had to do was to make myself not obvscum, which was easily accomplished by letting the town fight and not pushing hard myself.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:03 am

Post by Aneninen »

UNVOTE:

Vettrock's claim, Heartless's post about his hints before the claim and Mastin's recent posts (especially the last one) don't fit in my reads.
Either I'll be able to explain these things too so as to go on with my previous reads – or my reads are wrong.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:02 am

Post by Aneninen »

I've been thinking.

Let's see these posts from Copper. (They have been edited by me, for the original context check out the links.)

"There are 10 of us alive, unless I see a vig claim after this post I will assume 6 are town, 3 are scum and 1 is an SK.
If we mislynch, tomorrow as a worst case we have a Lylo with 3 townies where the decider is the SK vote, this scenario is basically unwinnable for town, so I think we should massclaim today"

Corrected in
"No that's a mistake, 2 scum and 1 SK, I still think we should consider mass claiming."
– he assumes without any further that there are two scums and he still suggests mass-claiming.
A couple of us has already posted that a Setup with 2 mafias is only possible if Copper's claim is fake. I would add: even if he had misread the Setup, a massclaim is a very anti-town idea. Assuming few town-PRs (alongside with 2 mafias) it wouldn't have a big "conf-town effect", but it would out the remaining PRs – making them prone targets to the scums.

"I also think the Dodgy kill may be related to the scum bus driver."
– so, he hasn't read the Setup but he assumes that there is a Bus Driver. That role exists only in 0–2 Ts and 5–7 Ts setup. So, he actually DID read the wiki. He confirms it in .

"I don't think a unified faction kills both eyestott and dodgy, and if were in a PR rich environment it's more likely a vigilante would have claimed by now."
– THIS post will be important later.

"I did not read the part about how the mod rolls only 7 letters and fills out the rest, if you look at my post you can see what I'm doing by adding the PR's."
– it's very unlikely that he haven't read the Wiki thoroughly (after all, he knows about the possible PRs, scum-PRs included), especially if he's a PR. But even if this has happened, there's something else here:
"This helps a lot in narrowing it down thought, my guess is we are either:
- TTTTIPK which means 3 scum and no SK
or
- TTTIIPK which means 3 scum and an SK, so if we don't lynch correctly this game is over. I think this is where we are at.

He
thinks
it's TTTIIPK. But, he also mentions another possibility above.
(Also, the game is NOT essentially over if we mislynch Today.)

"F-ck it, I think it's pretty clear Vettrock is hinting at being 1-shot tracker and that's why he was sure of Eyestott yesterday. That is why I think we are in the PKIITTT setup."
– SO! If he thought that Vettrock was hinting 1-Shot Tracker, WHY did he speculate about 5–7 Ts before, and even if he misread the Setup on the Wiki,
WHY was he doubting a PR-right environment before?!
If his claim were real and if he had spotted the hints from Vettrock (assuming in this post that Vettrock's claim is real),
he should have known that there are at least 4 PRs in the game!
If so, he shouldn't have advocated a mass-claim at all! Unless... so as to out Vettrock for sure or check whether we're in a PR-richer setup!

Summary.
Copper is lying.

EVERYONE! If you think that my logic is wrong about him, or if you think that I'm misreading the events, post about it as soon as you can!

If I'm right, we must Lynch Copper. However, if I'm wrong and his claim is real, it's possible that I'll lose the game for us.

________

I'll post about everything else later (eg. yes, I know that I still have to revise all of my previous scumreads), but I wanted to make this post before I'd be off to work.
Also,
Vettrock
, whom did you Track? Why? What was the result? I don't think telling us these pieces of information would hurt the town.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:51 am

Post by copper223 »

@Aneninen.

- I disagree that massclaiming is antitown, the situation is we are about to lose, I don't believe we can come back from a 3-3-1 so I value a confirmed, especially if said confirmed is in the lynch pool, over some ability that may not even come into play before we are done here. I was also trying to use my knowledge of Vettrock being 1-shot tracker in case someone claimed that so we could at least confirm 1 mafia. You keep on saying it's anti town, you never explain why, please do tell.

- That is a misrep worthy of a lynch, I said I missed part of the setup where it says only 7 roles are determined and the rest is filled in, I never said I did not read it, I also gave plenty of information about it this game so there is no reason to think I did not.

- I already told you what happened there, I just saw Vettrock's post, wondered what he was going on about and after I noticed the 7 rolls I jumped to the setup page to see if he was saying the truth and I posted my initial thoughts on the setup alone, I did not factor in the night kill and I did not want to give only the setup I believe we were in to cover my assumption of Vettrock being tracker, which you aptly tried to rolefish to death and then tried to picture me scummy for telling you why you should not be scumreading Vettrock. I think a lot of the scumplayers were on Vettrock and they are desperate now, this may be why Aneninen is reacting like this.

- A PR rich environment compared to the 4 I already knew likely existed, even in this case I'd rather have the roles out today and try to get it right, it also would probably lead to scum having to claim which narrows it down to a 50/50.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:26 am

Post by copper223 »

I've re-read the thread under the assumption that there is no bussing and BBT/Beast/Mastin is the most likely trio.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:21 am

Post by mastin2 »

Anen, too lazy to quote, but yes, I think you're on the right track.
Mine's off of play rather than his potential mindslip (which I think is legit), but yes, I think copper is scum, regardless of vettock's alignment.

Vote: copper
My academy.
Agnigi
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Yay.

VOTE: Copper
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:32 am

I'm going to add this in; I have no fucking idea who scum is. I haven't kept up with this game anywhere near as much as I would have liked so I have to apologize for that.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:40 am

Post by Heartless »

Hardly an explanation for the non sequitur read progression.
VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:47 am

Go for it.

I have decided that one of you or Mastin is scum.

Here's the thing that's getting me thinking though; wouldn't it be funny if Mastin's comment re 'OMG I would totally kill Anti, and because I haven't, I CANNOT be scum' was actually true but she can't kill you because you're both scum.

That would be funny.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:54 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1259, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I have decided that one of you or Mastin is scum.
Impossible.

Either we're both town or neither of us are.
Simple as that.

Anti's town. (TTH is a bit iffy, but I'll let Anti vouch for her.
:P)
My academy.
Agnigi
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:56 am

Yeah, I'm leaning more towards both of you being scum.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:14 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 1257, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm going to add this in; I have no fucking idea who scum is. I haven't kept up with this game anywhere near as much as I would have liked so I have to apologize for that.

So you randomly vote a PR claim, lynch immediately.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:15 am

A fake PR claim*
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:16 am

Post by copper223 »

:D you are dead either way.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:18 am

We'll see.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:18 am

Post by copper223 »

100%, if you end up being town you also will get a ban request from me.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:18 am

Behave Copper.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:19 am

Post by copper223 »

For the rest of town, I think you should absolutely lynch Mastin tomorrow.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:19 am

Post by copper223 »

I am.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:19 am

I agree with that.

PEdit - Not that. The one before.

Why?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:23 am

Post by copper223 »

If you are town you are explictily playing against your win condition by lynching a vengeful claim at mylo after stating you did not take the time to read this game, that is grounds for a ban according to the rules, you should not be allowed to ruin other people's games. In this case I have to assume you are scum for doing this, if I shoot you and you are town the game is lost for town.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:24 am

No, I'm not.

I think you're scum and I'm voting accordingly. Stop crying.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:25 am

VOTE: Mastin
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:34 am

Post by copper223 »

Lol please

Return to “Completed Open Games”