Newbie 1572 - Chicken Parmigiana Mafia (Over)

fjkldsjh
fjkldsjh
Townie
fjkldsjh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by fjkldsjh »

In post 199, Diego1487 wrote:If you think we're that gullible, you deserve this.
If you are that naive of a scum player, you deserve this.
If you are that weak of a town player, you deserve this.

VOTE: fjkldsjh

That puts fjkldsjh at L-1. Please state intent to hammer before any vote for him.

hahahahaha. This town is blind. All of your votes have been for absolutely terrible reasons and you keep contradicting yourself.

Bitmap, Drixx are both obvious town. I'm leaning town on Kitty, and possibly ika. Lynch Diego tomorrow please.
Pramitz
Pramitz
Townie
Pramitz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by Pramitz »

Why?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by Bitmap »

Hold off, something feels weird in the gut.

UNVOTE:
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 1.08

fjkldsjh (3)- Debonair Danny DiPietro, Pramitz, Diego1487
Debonair Danny DiPietro (2)- ika, Drixx
Diego1487 (1)- fjkldsjh
Pramitz (1)- zombiekitty

Not voting: Kaleidoscope, Bitmap

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Replacing

Kaleidoscope

Deadline

4th February, 11pm AEDT. This is in (expired on 2015-02-04 08:00:00)
Pramitz
Pramitz
Townie
Pramitz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:33 am

Post by Pramitz »

zzz
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:34 am

Post by DeasVail »

NumberQ replaces Kaleidoscope.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:25 am

Post by numberQ »

Hey everyone. I'm not exactly new to this whole scene, but it's been a long ass time since I played and I wanted to get my feet re-wet with a newbie game. No idea how rusty I am or am not, but I wasn't terribly good to begin with, so let's just try to have fun. :P

I've only read the first two pages (well first and a half really) so far. Leaning scum on fjil;jd (wtf kind of name is that) because he went after Bitmap for stupid reasons, also slight scumread on Pramitz due to a reason already pointed out in the first two pages, namely that he answered the RQS strangely.

I see fjdshaj was at hammer for a moment there, so I'm seeing others agree with that scumread. I'll finish up my read over the topic and see if my opinion there changes. (though note that his reaction to reaching hammer did not help him in my eyes. laughing and calling us blind? not town behavior imo)
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:28 am

Post by numberQ »

Oh, and for the RQS ika started:

I've played enough games to know what's what, but "it's been a long ass time" (to quote myself).
I'm obviously going to say no that I'm scum, and tbh I think it's a shitty question to ask. What does it accomplish besides throwing wine everywhere? Confusion does not help town.
Hey!
fjkldsjh
fjkldsjh
Townie
fjkldsjh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:31 am

Post by fjkldsjh »

In post 206, numberQ wrote:Hey everyone. I'm not exactly new to this whole scene, but it's been a long ass time since I played and I wanted to get my feet re-wet with a newbie game. No idea how rusty I am or am not, but I wasn't terribly good to begin with, so let's just try to have fun. :P

I've only read the first two pages (well first and a half really) so far. Leaning scum on fjil;jd (wtf kind of name is that) because he went after Bitmap for stupid reasons, also slight scumread on Pramitz due to a reason already pointed out in the first two pages, namely that he answered the RQS strangely.

I see fjdshaj was at hammer for a moment there, so I'm seeing others agree with that scumread. I'll finish up my read over the topic and see if my opinion there changes. (though note that his reaction to reaching hammer did not help him in my eyes. laughing and calling us blind? not town behavior imo)

On Bitmap, I questioned who was my initial scumread. Nothing wrong with that.

On what I said on Diego, it was frustration. I don't see how he is town in any sense. I cannot picture his posts from a towns POV.

Imo, your reasons are very weak. Tell me your reads on some of the other players.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:53 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 208, fjkldsjh wrote:
In post 206, numberQ wrote:snip

On Bitmap, I questioned who was my initial scumread. Nothing wrong with that.

On what I said on Diego, it was frustration. I don't see how he is town in any sense. I cannot picture his posts from a towns POV.

Imo, your reasons are very weak. Tell me your reads on some of the other players.

Well first note that these are very initial reads (only got to page 2, as I said), and also note that I haven't yet finished my reads (only got to page 2, as I said). I'm not in a place where I can look back over the topic right now, but rest assured you'll get my reads on the other players.

As for the Bitmap thing, your reason for the scumread was that his arguments were nonsensical and he relied on gut reads or light reads too much. I disagree, and think it shows desperation to find someone to latch onto and attack.

As for the Diego thing, maybe you're right. I have no read on him yet so I can't agree nor disagree. I just don't see that post (wherein you
laugh at the town
) coming from a town POV. Although, to be fair, I looked at Diego's post and it's a pretty awful move to put someone at hammer for being "that weak of a town player".
Hey!
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Bitmap »

VOTE: Diego

I'll see where this vote goes.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 209, numberQ wrote:I looked at Diego's post and it's a pretty awful move to put someone at hammer for being "that weak of a town player".

I didn't put him at hammer for that reason. I put him at hammer because he is the scummiest player. Post was the one that leap frog your spot, and post was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 210, Bitmap wrote:VOTE: Diego

I'll see where this vote goes.

I'm also curious who jumps on this counter wagon.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:38 pm

Post by ika »

im half tempted to join him jsut to irritate diego
Pramitz
Pramitz
Townie
Pramitz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:28 am

Post by Pramitz »

In post 147, Diego1487 wrote:Diego's Reads:

DDD/Zombie Kittie/Bitmap: Town reads. Good posts with sound logic.

Pramitz: Null for now. Going to give more time to post since little activity due to personal issues.

Letters: Scummy. Jumped on Bitmap, and then off extremely quick with no vote. Hasn't responded to any of my responses about me safeguarding. Seems to be avoiding topic?

ika: Bored veteran player? Few posts, and almost zero helpful posts.

Drixx: Leaning scum. Very few helpful town posts. Seems to want to drift conversation away from scum hunting, leading to town apathy. Will give benefit of doubt that he's working on adjusting playstyle.

Kaleidoscope: Inactive player that when does post, is not town helpful. Scum read.

Immediately after this post, diego voted kaleidoscope, which is off. letters was at 3 votes, and he could have put him at L-1 at this point, instead of 2 pages later. The reason he gives for voting letters later is because letters linked his past scum game? Diego then implies that that was a scummy thing to do, but I don't really see why. Can you explain, diego?

I agree, diego is starting to appear as scum in my eyes. I would still rather lynch letters first though, as knowing his alignment can help this situation, and I think he looks scummier than diego. If he is town, I am willing to follow through with his wish to lynch diego (I mean, it's early to declare this and anything can change. This is basically a long way of saying FoS diego).
Pramitz
Pramitz
Townie
Pramitz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Pramitz »

I believe I said earlier that I think drixx is town, but he voted DDD for very flimsy reasons almost immediately after ika voted DDD for meta (although this was before ika explained it was because of meta)

Everything else that drixx and ika have posted makes me think that they are town, but I really don't like your guys votes on DDD. That being said, I would like to hear more from DDD but unfortunately he declared he is V/LA until Monday.

IC/SE/mod question
:
Do deadlines ever get extended during the day? And for what circumstances? I believe that just one player being V/LA is a pretty big deal, as are replacements when they are needed.
JK I read the rules. This isn't asking of an extension or anything, I'm just wondering what policy is on this site. How commonly are extensions granted?
Pramitz
Pramitz
Townie
Pramitz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Pramitz »

Reads, In order of most to least in each category:
scummy

letters
diego
towny

Bitmap
ike
Drixx
null
(no particular order)
DDD
numberQ
zombiekitty

excited to hear more from my null reads
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:58 am

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 214, Pramitz wrote:Can you explain, diego?

The entire premise of meta is to find subtle tells and nuisances that a player does without knowledge. As soon as a player is aware of these tells, they are useless because they can be exploited.

Handing us a game, and saying "Here, this is how I play as scum." is pointless. Anything he did in that game can be manipulated for this one, making reading the game a waste of time.
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:03 am

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 214, Pramitz wrote:Immediately after this post, diego voted kaleidoscope, which is off. letters was at 3 votes, and he could have put him at L-1 at this point, instead of 2 pages later.

At that time, I viewed the lack of participation, and the fluff when participating, as scummier than letters. Hence the vote.

When Kaleidoscope left, I wanted to give that player a chance to change my mind, therefore the unvote.

Letters scum posts caused him to leap frog Kaleidoscope's spot. Hence the vote. His reaction to the vote strengthens by belief that I am correct.
Pramitz
Pramitz
Townie
Pramitz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:19 am

Post by Pramitz »

The entire premise of meta is to find subtle tells and nuisances that a player does without knowledge. As soon as a player is aware of these tells, they are useless because they can be exploited.

Handing us a game, and saying "Here, this is how I play as scum." is pointless. Anything he did in that game can be manipulated for this one, making reading the game a waste of time.

As a noob, I believe posting that posting his past game was null. That being said, I haven't read the game he posted, but I think I will do that later. I see that you can manipulate meta. I think that meta reading is pretty dumb in general. But I don't think that linking his past scum game makes him any more scummy. It can very, very easily be a noob town thing to do.

Jesus, arguing with you is making me think letter's might be town.

As for the rest, I accept your responses, but it doesn't change my opinion of you. Placing a vote on a day 1 lurker just seems like lazy scum to me, especially when you follow up the lurker vote to vote onto a strong wagon.

(hey, this mafia game thing is pretty fun. I wish I could play more than one game right now, haha! /offtopic)
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:36 am

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 219, Pramitz wrote:Placing a vote on a day 1 lurker just seems like lazy scum to me, especially when you follow up the lurker vote to vote onto a strong wagon.

I didn't place the vote on Kaleidoscope for being a lurker. Otherwise, it would have been placed on ika. However, I stated explicitly that my vote was because he did not contribute to anything worth while to the group. That is what is scummy, and that is why he got the vote.

I could see your reasoning for "jumping onto a strong wagon" if it weren't for the fact that I've scum read him from the beginning .
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 220, Diego1487 wrote:Otherwise, it would have been placed on ika.

I should have stated, "ika at the time." The last few days he's been much more active, which I expected from a veteran player getting closer to deadline.
Pramitz
Pramitz
Townie
Pramitz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:46 am

Post by Pramitz »

Is kaleidoscope not still considered a lurker? Is posting, but posting nothing not just considered active lurking? That being said, I can see that slot being scum, as newbie scum is probably pretty clueless on how to 'contribute,' but I think your vote on him was too early in the game to be truly justified.

And expressing suspicion of letters at that point, the wagon was as strong as it was when you voted. 3 votes already on him before you mention any suspicion. That is jumping onto a strong wagon, even if you held off voting for a few pages
Pramitz
Pramitz
Townie
Pramitz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Pramitz »

By the way, other than ika, has any of your other reads changed?
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:57 am

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 222, Pramitz wrote:That is jumping onto a strong wagon, even if you held off voting for a few pages

My readlist was posted later, but all reasons I gave were from pages ago. Should I have posted my read list earlier? Yea, but I wanted to take my time and get everyone in there on one post.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”