NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So ika: I understand that you are a crossreplace and all but I legit don't understand why you feel that this gives you are right to not participate in this game.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:55 pm

Post by ika »

In post 1150, Nero Cain wrote:So ika: I understand that you are a crossreplace and all but I legit don't understand why you feel that this gives you are right to not participate in this game.

who said im not? besides you obviously.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I just cry inside a little each time I see you posting but not here. I know that I don't have alot of room to talk but I think you are being preety inactive and not your normal trollsy self so:

what are you doing to find scum?

who is today's best lynch and why?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:47 pm

Post by FakedBlogger »

IAI is voting PB and PB is voting IAI with 2 days to deadline. Considering what they've done day1 if I ever were to play like this it means I either got into an accident that lead to braindamage or I'm scum.
What does you asking what something that doesn't have anything to do with scumhunting has to do with scumhunting have to do with scumhunting?
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:43 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Back from V/LA

Wow, three votes gets you from 36 posts to 49, with all kinds of flailing in between.

And what was the point of this:

In post 1116, Nero Cain wrote:
vote:ika

i know that its "hypocritical" since I am lurking but I think IKA is probs scum here.

Your vote was already on ika? :igmeou:

Oh wait, it's cause your scum and trying to draw attention to someone else, someone who has made one vote this game and it was a hammer on a claimed power role (when someone else already claimed intention to do so). If that is ika's scum strategy, more power to him...I don't buy it.

Your the lynch today. Your a neighbor, so we don't force any more claims today, and I'm still pretty sure that one of you three neighbors are scum. The fact you were pushing against that theory so hard D1 makes me believe it is you. Plus the coming out of the woodwork after 3 votes, basically a scum claim.

If you don't vote Nero in your next post, I want a reason why.

vote Nero Cain
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:46 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

I will go back and answer the questions I've missed, but this one caught my eye cause it's on the same page:

In post 1153, FakedBlogger wrote:IAI is voting PB and PB is voting IAI with 2 days to deadline. Considering what they've done day1 if I ever were to play like this it means I either got into an accident that lead to braindamage or I'm scum.

I've been on V/LA for almost the whole week. PB's wagon was at 3 or 4. PB has been the only person to vote for me today, and as an OMGUS. How in the world are you linking the two of us together? And what have we done day1? And by we, I care more about me.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:24 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 978, d3x wrote:1- How is Kid A an 'easy Wagon' or even 'low hanging fruit'? Is there some groundswell against him that I'm unaware of? Do you disagree with my assessment of his push on me Yesterday? How do you reconcile me not getting my 'hands dirty' and at the same time chastising me {no matter how slight} for leading the Wagon on Townpen? If I were truly Scum in this scenario, I'd know he was Town. His blood is all over my hands either way.

2- That's nice and all, but it doesn't really speak to my quote in the least. I'm saying you went against your word. You're responding with 'I like choices'. You said that you would follow DGB onto the penWagon and then you didn't. Why? If you truly were ok with pen, but would've liked a CounterWagon, why did you offer to ghost DGB's Vote in the first place? Did you actually have any intention of following her?

4&5- Up until this point, I'd say I was having serious doubts about you. If you'd have said that you had a TownRead on Kthx and that you put any amount of stock in meta, I'd switch to you in a heartbeat and call in any markers I had to see you swing. As Kthx has said, we've been friends for decades and have played in nigh countless games together. We aren't always 100%, but to ignore his metaRead on me in favor of your own single point of data would be very scummy indeed. Having doubts in Kthx's alignment calls into question the veracity of his meta Read on me. I'd still like an answer to my new questions, but you've largely sated my suspicions.

1) Felt like Kid A was an easy target, that not many people support him. He only has 24 posts, so while that adds that slot as one for me to keep an eye on/prod more, it also could be as easy lurker mislynch if he is town. Someone with so few posts is not likely to fight back if they are town, so I stand by my calling that slot an easy wagon to target for scum if town.

And yes, I disagree with your assessment. I think it was a valid question, why keep a lone vote out there when moving it around/creating pressure on others you suspect is a better way of playing when your town. Votes are not just to mislynch, but to put players thru the ringer. Look at how Nero responded with just 3 votes...can be very telling.

That's a fair point about getting your hands dirty about Pen. Can I be honest with you (and everybody here)? I am surprised not one person jumped off his wagon post claim. I kept waiting and waiting for a town to at least say 'let me take a step back and think about leaving him as NK bait and if he is still alive, lynch him tomorrow instead.' That never happened. The mislynch was great for scum. Which makes me think scum was on that wagon and not wanting to get off. You were there at that point, and one of those I am worried about because of it.

2) When I made that promise, Penguin was at THREE votes. Yes I was willing to put some pressure there, but that wagon jumped up pretty quickly after my promise. At which point my vote wasn't needed anymore (DGB's vote was the SEVENTH where ten was needed) except to pretty much lynch at that point. Which I never felt great about lynching. I was comfortable watching (see my last paragraph in #1 above) and waiting to see what others did.

If DGB would have been the 4th vote, I would have followed. Remember TDA was at 7 votes at the top of that page where I made that quote, and you and I were both strongly against that. I would have been happy to see a strong CW to it, and would have been okay with that being Penguin....point was, by the time DGB did vote him, it was already strong and the only major wagon.

4&5) I will always trust my own read of another player over the read that someone else has on another player, whether I have them as town or not. Sorry I'm pretty arrogant that way.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:30 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 984, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 978, d3x wrote:1- How is Kid A an 'easy Wagon' or even 'low hanging fruit'?

Kid A is extremely difficult to lynch. Why, I cannot say.

In post 985, d3x wrote:Sure. That's why I'm asking IAI how he's categorized Kid A as such.

Yes looking back at my vote count history, he only ever had two votes, so he has been tough to lynch (tho in truth, that could be said about everyone not named Penguin). You need to remember, easy wagon to target does not equal easy wagon to mislynch. I promise to keep a better eye there, but if Kid A is town, it would make an easy wagon to target for scum as I mentioned in my prior post as those usually don't fight back.

daughter's b-ball game at 8am, will finish responding to the other questions later.

Until then, don't make the same mistake we made in 2012 with Obama....vote Nero!
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:48 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Did you actually express a read on kid a or is he just an "easy target"?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:27 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Prod dodge till tonight
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:45 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Apparently I have a few minutes right now....

In post 1080, ika wrote:
In post 1077, Kthxbye wrote:No, it's stupid and trolly.....as I already pointed out in

cool story bro. good thing IDGAF

what you going to to pussyfoot a vote on me or just continue to potshot me like you are now

I'm voting scum atm. Keep it up and tomorrow I'll work on getting you PL'ed.

@TTH: I've skimmed through his town games and though he does often post short posts, those were at least coherent with pretty clear intent behind them. Here is different. Yeah, you can say that since he liked his 1 scum game that he'd be more active here as scum, it's just theory. (p.edit: as you admit yourself in p1086...)

In post 1099, Randomnamechange wrote:Scum on my wagon are pribably in NJ/dragonspawn/dgb.
If I get lynched please look at Nero, AA and dgb.
Iai, peacebringer, telltale, Ika and d3x are fairly confident town.
There is definitely scum pushing either mine or dgbs wagon. Whichever of us gets lynched examine the wagon tomorrow.

-For the final time, AA isn't even playing this game. I can't tell if you are trying to play dumb or you're really actually not paying attention to this game what-so-ever.
-Why aren't you looking into the players you want us to look at yourself? Why are the listed town reads town reads for you?
-
SCUM SLIP ALERT:
Last line of this post insinuates that DGB is positively town. Since the first sentence directly states for us to "look at" DGB if he get's lynched, it doesn't make sense for him to say that scum is pushing her wagon.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:47 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Wait, actually.

He says that I am scum on his wagon.

Then the slips that he knows I'm town.

Did I get this right?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:00 am

Post by d3x »

lol... He's also Vote #1 on the DGB Wagon.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:00 am

Post by d3x »

lol... He's also Vote #1 on the DGB Wagon.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:04 am

Post by d3x »

...ugh... that wasn't finished, let alone meant for a double post.

In post 1078, The Dream Weaver wrote:Dripping Goofball (6): randomidget, Kid A, TheDudeAbides, Flubbernugget, StrangerCoug, Albert B. Rampage
randomidget (6): dragonspawn, Kthxbye, d3x, Garmr, Dripping Goofball, NakedJogger

If the sentiment isn't saying that DGB is Town, he's saying that at least one of the above 12 players are Scum... *gasp* the insight!

GTKAS - d3x
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 1161, DrippingGoofball wrote:He says that I am scum on his wagon.

Then the slips that he knows I'm town.

Did I get this right?

This is how I read it. I'm tried to see how it could be another way or somehow from a town mindset (as I've been known to call scumslip a little too easily), but I honestly don't see how it's not a slip unless he's literally not reading any posts in this game at all (including his own).

Now back to catch-up:

Spoiler: @NJ
In post 1101, FakedBlogger wrote:I am, if you apologize. You should be eager to know what my mindset was if you are town so you will, if you are town.

Let's go this route, what exactly is it you are wanting me to apologize for?
In post 1101, FakedBlogger wrote:RM is a lurker/nrp. Do you want me to believe you've applied your scumhunting formula in this game and haven't found a worthier candidate?

No...especially considering recent events of what I found in his p1099 (which I'm honestly surprised nobody commented on in 3 pages...for shame y'all, for shaaaame)
In post 1101, FakedBlogger wrote:I wasn't talking about confirmation bias. I was talking about you accusing me of being scummy for having a post that doesn't have anything to do with scumhunting while fucking Garmr unloaded a bunch of them, one of which was the direct cause for mine.

Well, in that case, I guess it's not a scum tell since I apparently did it. I'm kinda concentrated on trying to figure you out though and not really paying much attention to some other players. Plus, Garmr has been voting scum for awhile now so...

@DGB:
In post 1103, DrippingGoofball wrote:Then you're probably town.

You quoted the same thing I found as a scumslip. How did you come to the conclusion that he's town for it where I see (and now you are posting that you see) it's clearly not a town-tell?
In post 1114, DrippingGoofball wrote:I will literally vote any lurker in any game at any time. I have it up to HERE with the lurkers.

Yet you unvoted a....semi-lurker... :shifty:

@NC:
In post 1121, Nero Cain wrote:I think lurking is well within his scummeta.

Do you have anything to back this up? Is it only in his scum-meta or is it in his town-meta as well?
@DGB again:
In post 1122, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1121, Nero Cain wrote:I think lurking is well within his scummeta.

YES

Same question to you as to NC.

@ABR:
In post 1125, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Vote Nero Cain. He doesn't know how to play and all he does is shift blame to others. He doesn't even know how to scumhunt. Just lynch Nero Cain right away.

You realize nobody is going to even remotely listen to you since you're doing nothing but trolling right? Why are you playing like this...still? I think it was you that I looked at meta for and saw you did this at the start of games, but don't you usually get invested by this point?

In post 1139, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1133, Nero Cain wrote:RM, Ika are my preferred lynches but will join the DGB wagon.

So by coincidence, your top scum reads are the main wagons?

This is interesting.

aaaaaaaaaaaand, I pretty much glossed over the rest due to deadline looming and finding a scumslip from the person I've been trying to tell everyone is scum from the start of the day so....yeah, RM is today's lynch unless someone can defend his comment and explain to me why he's town for it...
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:33 am

VOTE: Randomidget
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

@kthx
In post 1141, Nero Cain wrote:meh...kinda. Ika prob IS scum. RM might be scum but he's a lurker and I quite honestly don't care. And I am a CW to you. Does that make you scum? idk but I also wouldn't care. + I started both the ika and RM wagons so you being incredulous to me wanting both ika and RM dead is :igmeou:

This was my response.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=38899

this is my only scum game with ika. He lurked.

dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:04 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Been busy I'll catch up later
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:10 am

In post 1168, Nero Cain wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=38899

this is my only scum game with ika. He lurked.

if ika doesn't get vig'ed tonight, and I hope he does, we'll lynch him tomorrow.

My vote will be parked on him all day.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why not lynch Ika today and vig RM?

Is TTH scum once Ika flips scum?

Do you buy into RM's "scum slip"?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What do you think of IAI?

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:21 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I looked at the game you linked and, stylistically, ika's posting is quite different from the posting here. While he did tend to post infrequently, his posts were lengthy catch-ups and massive walls of text.

I think ika is another lynch that has roughly random chance of flipping scum.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I just feel like his town games are so different. He's active and trolly. I do NOT think him being a crossreplace has anything to do with his activity. I think it has to do with his alignment.

Why do you think IAI is scum?

Should when lynch you if ika flips scum?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”