NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

ILLOGICAL
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:24 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1266, FakedBlogger wrote:This makes you and TTA look scummy.

I assume you mean me. How does this aply me?

In post 1287, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 1266, FakedBlogger wrote:
In post 1210, Garmr wrote:
In post 1206, TellTaleHeart wrote:dragonspawn and d3x

Dragon spaw is town and dex is probally town.

Are you calling dragonspawn town because he helped you gang up on TTA? This makes you and TTA look scummy.

first, who so TTA?

second, when did I gang up on him or her?

third, how would game and me ganging up on TTA make this TTA scummy?

I'm scum, and I'm going to pretend that I don't know what he was talking about to make a useless fucking post.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:24 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Has RM flipped scum?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1377, TellTaleHeart wrote:Has RM flipped scum?

no

but you are saying that if RM
were
to flip scum you'd somewhat consider an ika lynch. I don't see why a RM scum flip would change anything.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:27 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Garmr, what scum meta on RM are you using?
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1359, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 1355, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1354, I Am Innocent wrote:What is your read on RM currently?

don't really care. I don't really put that much stock into him "slipping" though. What about you?

I do care, what is your read on him?

I don't think my read is important. He's just a nondescript lurker. I don't really feel like "ZOMG he's so scum!" so...gun to my head? town What do you think about him and why?

TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:37 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

So, there is no way I'd vote for Nero today.
IAI appears increasingly scummy.
-Thompson.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:38 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1378, Nero Cain wrote:I don't see why a RM scum flip would change anything.

How is it taking this long to actually get to that?
F for Communication!

*sigh*
:facepalm:

I came up with the starting point should randomidget flip scum in based on armchair VCA. I would expect there to be at least one scum on the Nero Cain counterwagon and I think ABR is the least town of the Nero wagoners. I would expect one or two bussers, likely later on the wagon as randomidget became a less and less salvageable slot. And I would expect one of the two vanity wagon voters [Kid A and ika] to be scum as well. There's really no principle behind the VCA I'm doing other than "scum will be kind of spread out" but I'm not even sure if that's true. I think it would be a place to start though if randomidget did flip scum.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:42 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

TellTaleHeart, could you bullet why you are voting for Nero?
-Thompson.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:44 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1115, TellTaleHeart wrote:The most troublesome part of Nero's play is how the neighborhood dynamic is factoring into it's play, or rather how it's not. The early-game argument with TDA, summarized in , over what apparently happened in the neighborhood PT noticeably didn't yield a tangible
read
on TDA. The interactions with TDA, contained in , , , , , , and , are mostly concerned with defense and nitpicking at TDA's argument. Definitive reads or judgments about either d3x or TDA's alignments are completely absent and that is
not
what I would expect from someone who has an extra PT conversation going with them. Furthermore, it doesn't look like he's attempting to refine those reads at all, opting for votes on the ika policy lynch wagon and the randomidget wagon. And for all the tunneling on IAI, the case just isn't there.

As a side note, I think the overall neighborhood dynamic that Nero Cain, d3x, and TheDudeAbides have going here is very usual and counter-intuitive. The only distrust is that TDA is scum reading Nero Cain, but there's a distinct lack of synergy between the three players when it comes to reads and voting. They don't move as a block, which is what I would expect to see from 3 players who mostly trust each other who share a PT. The read from d3x on Nero Cain feels really off too, in . Since Nero Cain doesn't
really
have any solid stances, this is a really strained angle to give Nero a null-town read and I think it demonstrates a lack of skepticism on d3x's part I would expect to see in a town neighbor. I also think the reaction in to TDA and Nero's argument is awkward because it downplays the importance of what TDA's concerns about Nero. I think it's more likely for the purpose of smoothing everything over and deflecting attention away from the goings on the neighborhood than trying to get to establish a more solid read on either Nero or TDA.

I think there's a good chance both Nero Cain and d3x are scum.

VOTE: Nero Cain

Here, let me bullet it, I guess.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:47 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Ignoring his neighbors.
Snippy and defensive posting.
Case on IAI is skeletal.
Lurker wagon votes are meh.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:50 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1373, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 1352, I Am Innocent wrote:Says the lurking player, who OMGUS'd me, and the reason is:

No, I did not OMGUS you, as I you voted me on nothing.

If you say so...

In post 788, I Am Innocent wrote:Nero, Kthx, Dragon, know what's funny, you don't even look at why SC or I am voting PeaceBringer.

Do you know he has 4 votes D1, 3 of which are for the two dead townies?

He defended Nero by attacking me for asking for general reads on all the players. Most likely protecting a scummate, and the scum in the Neighborhood.

Then he posts today, ONE POST AFTER GETTING A VOTE, and doesn't vote himself. Lurking, and still hasn't voted (aka taking stances).

But you three come after me because I'm posting FROM WORK (look at the time and where I live), ON MY CELL, WHICH I HATE DOING, a correction to the mod and getting my vote out there (yeah, I update my vote analysis on my work computer since I have excel on that).

So go screw yourselves.

95% likelihood of at least one scum in {Nero, Peacebringer}

The fact that the majority of the players continuing ignoring/defending these players makes me only feel better about these 2 scumreads I have.

(PS still stand by by 95% prediction there)
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:55 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1385, TellTaleHeart wrote:
Ignoring his neighbors.
Snippy and defensive posting.
Case on IAI is skeletal.

You should abandon the idea that "lurker wagon votes are meh" and vote for Ika.
hammering claimed pr trumps all of that.
-Thompson.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Ignoring his neighbors.

I feel like there's very little reason to suspect either D3X or TDA beyond "OMG I'M IN A HOOD. LETS BE UNRATIONALLY PARANOID!" Even if there were scum in TDA/dx there's still 3 scum outside of the hood.

Case on IAI is skeletal.

My case on IAI is much better than his case on me. If you had such an issue with my case on him why are you just now bringing it up?

How is my thinking that Ika is lurking it out any different than you accusing DS and SC of active lurking?

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:57 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1381, TheDudeAbides wrote:So, there is no way I'd vote for Nero today.
IAI appears increasingly scummy.

Because I don't see why scum ika would hammer/draw attention when he could have just lurked and let flubber do it?

Or maybe it is because I've defended all the VI's and lurkers this game so far (you, RM, ika), that is my strategy. Defend every easy lynch in this game....Oh wait, or maybe they're all (including u) my teammates right?

When did people stop learning how to play this game? Scum don't say "Here I am, here I am". They lurk, they refuse to make stances, they go after low hanging fruit. It is a simple formula people...

Nero/Peace, will one of you two kill me tonight? Please???

PS - Nero, I thought RM was town D1, after voting 5 different players. No way his personality is one to bus, and I don't see scum RM leaving such a big trail to town players.

His lurking D2 has not giving me warm fuzzies, but I'd still say much better lynches today are you and Peace.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:59 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

To TTH

That first thing's not scummy. He has more of an opportunity to work out his read on me and d3x than on others.
I don't think that the second thing is a scum tell.
The third thing is too demanding at this point.
-Thompson.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1389, I Am Innocent wrote:They lurk, they refuse to make stances, they go after low hanging fruit. It is a simple formula people..

What stances has ika taken? His two votes are a hammer and a OMGUS type vote. Your formula for describing what scum do seems to fit ika well me thinks.

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:02 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1388, Nero Cain wrote:

Case on IAI is skeletal.

My case on IAI is much better than his case on me.

say it with enough conviction and people here might start believing it :lol:
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 979, ika wrote:peace town
SC town
TDA is null
IAI is null

oh i guess these are his stances

TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:04 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1389, I Am Innocent wrote:Because I don't see why scum ika would hammer/draw attention when he could have just lurked and let flubber do it?

No, but it's hi lighted well by the fact that this sort of view:
In post 1389, I Am Innocent wrote:When did people stop learning how to play this game? Scum don't say "Here I am, here I am". They lurk, they refuse to make stances, they go after low hanging fruit. It is a simple formula people...

is too simplistic too be realistic, so I have a hard believing that you believe in it.
-Thompson.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:05 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1391, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1389, I Am Innocent wrote:They lurk, they refuse to make stances, they go after low hanging fruit. It is a simple formula people..

What stances has ika taken? His two votes are a hammer and a OMGUS type vote. Your formula for describing what scum do seems to fit ika well me thinks.

Why would scum ika hammer if flubber was ready to? You get me past that, and I'll vote him tomorrow after you're lynched today.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:07 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I swear to fucking God, Nero, you are not reading this thread and it's pissing me off to no end.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

him hammering really has no drawbacks me thinks. Do you have evidence that he does so as only town?

Why do you think there's so much more resistance to a Ika lynch than a RM lynch?

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:12 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Case on IAI is skeletal.

My case on IAI is much better than his case on me. If you had such an issue with my case on him why are you just now bringing it up?

In post 1115, TellTaleHeart wrote:The most troublesome part of Nero's play is how the neighborhood dynamic is factoring into it's play, or rather how it's not. The early-game argument with TDA, summarized in , over what apparently happened in the neighborhood PT noticeably didn't yield a tangible
read
on TDA. The interactions with TDA, contained in , , , , , , and , are mostly concerned with defense and nitpicking at TDA's argument. Definitive reads or judgments about either d3x or TDA's alignments are completely absent and that is
not
what I would expect from someone who has an extra PT conversation going with them. Furthermore, it doesn't look like he's attempting to refine those reads at all, opting for votes on the ika policy lynch wagon and the randomidget wagon.
And for all the tunneling on IAI, the case just isn't there.

There, that big enough for you?

Nero Cain wrote:

How is my thinking that Ika is lurking it out any different than you accusing DS and SC of active lurking?

Active lurking and lurking are two different things.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:13 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Ignoring his neighbors.

I feel like there's very little reason to suspect either D3X or TDA beyond "OMG I'M IN A HOOD. LETS BE UNRATIONALLY PARANOID!" Even if there were scum in TDA/dx there's still 3 scum outside of the hood.

Case on IAI is skeletal.

how do you know there are four scum?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”