Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:42 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 72, texcat wrote:This is scary in any number of ways. First that you think you can sort ABR's play. I can't imagine being able to do that. Second, that you think we should trust you enough to do it. But I'm looking forward to your ABR reads anyway.

Greetings Textcat! Looking forward to a game with you :)
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:56 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 69, Wisdom wrote:
In post 63, Teapot wrote:
@Mod, Can we have some prods please? Only three pages in 3 days is ridiculous.

Nobody is in prod range (48 hours) yet.

For a second there I thought N_S was playing with us

In post 70, vettrock wrote:
In post 68, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 67, Teapot wrote:Lets talk, who could be scum according to you and why didn't you actually give reads when there are "clues"?
Also, thoughts on droog's play being off? I'd wagon him for pressure to get himself back in here.

I don't think the games been going on long enough for any real leads imo. You?

I would agree, but how do we fix that? By posting. I'll accept I am an offender as well. I'll to a re-read and see if there is anything there. Hopefully with more people posting, scum will slip something and we can catch it.

Hopefully

In post 73, TheCow wrote:I'm just going to cling to Newbie Syndrome as my excuse for not posting.

As for leads, in my eyes, too early to tell. I'm still trying to sort our grudge votes from real votes. Though, with more observation, that point may become moot.

That's not really a legit reason to not want to say anything. Unless yore playing on flaking on us. You're not going to do that are you?
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
Morgan
Morgan
Goon
Morgan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Morgan »

The "better vote" in made no sense. I'd like to hear Sup-Zero's explanation for that.

Dislike Teapot's weak push on Zymf, but I'm assuming it was just reaction testing as implied in . Is that right, Teapot? How do you feel about Zymf now?

I have townleans on Zymf, TheCow, droog, Astinus. Veeery weak townlean on texcat.

slimer takes a while to get going so that's whatever, ABR is unusually quiet, and archaebob is 100% useless.

vettrock, why are you still parked on a vote you didn't even decide for yourself?

Question for townies only:

Should we consolidate on possible vengeshot targets in the event that we mislynch, or let the townie do as they will?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:21 am

Post by theslimer3 »

I think personally we should use the Venge shot as a second lynch. We'd get a lot more information that way. If the townie chooses for him or herself, it would be a a revenge shot. I can't say that I would, but someone else might just go after whoever pushed the lynch more, which would be bad
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:26 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 77, Morgan wrote:T

vettrock, why are you still parked on a vote you didn't even decide for yourself?

Should we consolidate on possible vengeshot targets in the event that we mislynch, or let the townie do as they will?

Because no one has given me a better reason. I could pick someone else at random, but that wouldn't be any better.

I think generally the knowledge of the group is better than the knowledge of one. That way it keeps it from just being an OMGUS shot back to the person pushing the mislynch. But ultimately, we can't force the player to follow our lead.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:28 am

Post by droog »

In post 77, Morgan wrote:Question for townies only:

i think that...
wait, aha!
im not falling for a trick like that

you wont catch me so easy
:cop:
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:39 am

Post by droog »

In post 67, Teapot wrote:Lets talk, who could be scum according to you and why didn't you actually give reads when there are "clues"?
Also, thoughts on droog's play being off? I'd wagon him for pressure to get himself back in here.

whats up friend
what would you like me to give
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:40 am

Post by droog »

In post 41, Teapot wrote:
In post 39, droog wrote:fair warning
for everyone who hasnt done nightless

these are long games
and since were in setup spec
i want to avoid grind

Yeah, I already knew this. Now droog, your play so far doesn't feel like it usually does. You usually have some comments out on people by now.

do i know you
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:41 am

Post by droog »

In post 42, Astinus wrote:

these are long games
i want to avoid grind

Wait....there are no nights in this game? Okay. That's a new one for me.

And I
unvote
. I think we may be getting some clues on who could possibly be scum. I'll see what comes of it.

what clues
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:42 am

Post by droog »

In post 40, TheCow wrote:Food for thought: would Mafia vote on a day one lynch, when they run the risk of being killed by the D1 Vengeance?

why wouldnt they?

do you really think scum could push a lynch
and get it thorugh
without any of them being it
or without attracing atteiton for it

town would have to screwn the pooch
pretty bad

to mislynch without any scum "help""
Morgan
Morgan
Goon
Morgan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:58 am

Post by Morgan »

In post 79, vettrock wrote:
In post 77, Morgan wrote:T

Because no one has given me a better reason. I could pick someone else at random, but that wouldn't be any better.

Well, nobody's going to spoonfeed you a scumread.

Who are you suspicious of > and why > vote for them > ask questions > repeat until dead or something scummier appears elsewhere.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:43 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 80, droog wrote:
In post 77, Morgan wrote:Question for townies only:

i think that...
wait, aha!
im not falling for a trick like that

you wont catch me so easy
:cop:

Wait, after reading this...is this a scum admission. .. You(meaning town) won't catch him by saying its for townies only?
Teapot
Teapot
Goon
Teapot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:45 am

Post by Teapot »

In post 82, droog wrote:
In post 41, Teapot wrote:

these are long games
i want to avoid grind

Yeah, I already knew this. Now droog, your play so far doesn't feel like it usually does. You usually have some comments out on people by now.

do i know you

Yes
Teapot
Teapot
Goon
Teapot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:47 am

Post by Teapot »

@Morgan, He's weak town for now. It's too early too build solid reads, it was as you said a newbie reaction test. Also, how are you town reading droog's comments when they are fluff and irrelevant?
Teapot
Teapot
Goon
Teapot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:49 am

Post by Teapot »

In post 75, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 72, texcat wrote:This is scary in any number of ways. First that you think you can sort ABR's play. I can't imagine being able to do that. Second, that you think we should trust you enough to do it. But I'm looking forward to your ABR reads anyway.

Greetings Textcat! Looking forward to a game with you :)

Nice that you've said hello, now could you post content?
Teapot
Teapot
Goon
Teapot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Teapot »

In post 81, droog wrote:

whats up friend
what would you like me to give

Do you have any thoughts on the game so far?
We need talk to get stuff rolling.
Teapot
Teapot
Goon
Teapot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Teapot »

Missed this:
@Morgan:
ABR's play can be very different each game, him lurking at the start is also not uncommon.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:58 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 77, Morgan wrote:Should we consolidate on possible vengeshot targets in the event that we mislynch, or let the townie do as they will?

The freedom to choose.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Teapot
Teapot
Goon
Teapot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:01 am

Post by Teapot »

You honestly have nothing else to say?
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:14 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 92, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 77, Morgan wrote:Should we consolidate on possible vengeshot targets in the event that we mislynch, or let the townie do as they will?

The freedom to choose.

The best play is to let the town help direct the venge kill, but in the end, the person is lynched already, if they don't want to listen to the rest of town, what are we going to do, lynch them again? They are out of the game at that point, so our ability to control them is pretty much non-existent. Personally, I would like input from the town on who to vengekill, if it was me, but there are those that are going to do their own thing, and there is not a lot we can do to stop them.

Additionally, the person with the venge kill just got lynched by a majority of the players. If he trusts the majority, who just determined that he or she was the most likely scum candidate.
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:14 am

Post by TheCow »

If we direct the vengeful onto someone to venge kill, would the player being targeted really want to be a part of the majority lynch? Furthermore, would two town-branded-scum really cooperate with a majority which almost definitely contains scum in it? The logical answer would be yes on both counts, assuming they are town. No and Yes assuming they are scum. Though, we run the riskiest assumption of all: that the two players in question are playing logically.
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by Sup-Zero »

In post 77, Morgan wrote:The "better vote" in 10 made no sense. I'd like to hear Sup-Zero's explanation for that.

I told my other head about my experience with Astinus and suggested that we wagon her.
Sup-Zero
Sup-Zero
Goon
Sup-Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by Sup-Zero »

In post 73, TheCow wrote:I'm just going to cling to Newbie Syndrome as my excuse for not posting.

As for leads, in my eyes, too early to tell. I'm still trying to sort our grudge votes from real votes. Though, with more observation, that point may become moot.

Which votes are you most interested in
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by TheCow »

Teapot voting Zymf left a bad taste in my mouth. The reason of "catching a newb" was excuse enough as to warrant the benefit of the doubt, though it was still strange. Those tactics aside, would such a post not be a way to attempt to block one line of discussion? Sounds fishy, considering we were discussing scum tactics. Other things I have to say on the matter have even less relevance so I will leave it there.

Now, talking strategy, I would be worried if the Mafia decide to kill day one, and even more worried if they do not use their kills at all. I'll leave it vaguely for now, and hope you all understand the implications here.

As for thoughts on other things, I would prefer see what others have to say before I chime in further, assuming nothing new comes up. My opinions on the matter feel weak to me, to say the least.
Zymf
Zymf
Goon
Zymf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by Zymf »

In post 62, Teapot wrote:So people stop voting ABR and start voting Astinus, I'll sort ABR's play later. I'm familiar with it.
I don't see why it's better to vote Astinus than ABR? Because you know ABR's meta? No thanks.. let's add more pressure to ABR and see how he reacts.
Vote: ABR

Return to “Completed Open Games”