Micro 440: Triplicate Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:07 am

Post by Hopkirk »

On witness protection nothing jumps out at me except post 17. Of Beastcharizard i have nothing to say so far.

In post 17, Witness Protection wrote:Last time I played this set up, gm killed me off for the win.

@ PN I know how this game works, I just wanted to hear their voices before I decide if one of them is scum.
We
might be the Town bloc.

pedits @ Hopkirk We can vote/unvote until all three groups reach a lynch,
at the same time
. Then Tomorrow, things go back to being, uh, normal. When I have a feeling on who should be the lynch Today, I'll vote.

more pedits gm can be a tricksy one.

This is the same (almost) as what i said i dislike about lucky. This could be a scumtell but then he goes on to actually look at scripten, though a lack of looking at serra is mildly suspicious, and gives a few reasons.

Serra and goodmorning: I read through their posts and both sound like they're genuinely scum hunting. Townreads on both for now.
Conclusions so far: Lucky very likely scum in my block, Scripten most likely scum in block two but i could be mistaken. Less likely than lucky as scum. Block 3: I have had trouble following what's going on. I will need to read this more carefully later on.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Power
Hopkirk (1)-
Lucky2u
Lucky2u (1)-
Hopkirk
goodmorning (0)-

Not Voting (1)-
goodmorning

Wisdom
serrapaladin (0)-

Witness Protection (0)-

Scripten (1)-
Witness Protection

Not Voting (1)-
serrapaladin, Scripten

Courage
Zebulin (2)-
BBMolla, Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense (0)-

BBMolla (0)-

Not Voting (1)-
Zebulin

Deadline is in
(expired on 2015-02-09 20:00:00)
- Feb 9th 20:00 GMT
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 174, Hopkirk wrote:
Several posts on meta that i'm not quoting due to length.
I don't particularly understand why he didn't mention WP's meta or, if meta of RVS doesn't tell him anything, why he bothers with RVS meta.

It's just a start-of-game habit. It helps me form early game reads.

Well this is firstly a bit on an ATE (the whole "lynch me i don't care) but the thing i'm more concerned with is why he only says this about WP. As i brought up in my last post, lucky basically does the same thing. Yet scripten has ignored lucky completely.

Huh? What did they both do?

I was rather pissed off in general because WP's vote on me was basically nothing but OMGUS and people were responding to it like he had destroyed this big case of mine, when I had voted him for something mildly scummy, then kept my vote on him because his reaction to my vote was scummy. It's as if nobody was actually reading my posts.

Why did you unvote someone you have a cement scumread on?

Because my scumread could have been wrong. I wanted to get a feel for BC's play this game before I laid my vote down and made a hammer possible.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:49 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 177, Scripten wrote:
Several posts on meta that i'm not quoting due to length.
I don't particularly understand why he didn't mention WP's meta or, if meta of RVS doesn't tell him anything, why he bothers with RVS meta.

It's just a start-of-game habit. It helps me form early game reads.

Well this is firstly a bit on an ATE (the whole "lynch me i don't care) but the thing i'm more concerned with is why he only says this about WP. As i brought up in my last post, lucky basically does the same thing. Yet scripten has ignored lucky completely.

Huh? What did they both do?

I was rather pissed off in general because WP's vote on me was basically nothing but OMGUS and people were responding to it like he had destroyed this big case of mine, when I had voted him for something mildly scummy, then kept my vote on him because his reaction to my vote was scummy. It's as if nobody was actually reading my posts.

Why did you unvote someone you have a cement scumread on?

Because my scumread could have been wrong. I wanted to get a feel for BC's play this game before I laid my vote down and made a hammer possible.

1.) So is it usually helpful and this game is just an outlier?
2.) They both said about themselves being in a townblock.
3.) How are you reading the third member of your block?
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 172, Hopkirk wrote:Going through lucky.
Lots of posts which don't say anything excluded.

In post 26, Lucky2u wrote:hmm... so far I want to vote both my group mates...

Didn't like this post. He wants to vote us both yet doesn't follow up with any attempt to decide which? It seems like he was just waiting until one of us looked worse than the other.

In post 99, Lucky2u wrote:Well this will be rather easy for me today. GM seems town enough that I can just

VOTE: hopkirk

It's not that I feel strongly about Hopkirk, We could be the town block sure but I agree that discussion of that doesn't really gain us anything.

Three problems i have with this post.
1.) Following on from the last post, it follows the scum motivation- just waiting to vote oppertunistly.
2.) Classic scum lylo crossvoting move.
3.) The last point is strange to raise. It seems like he wants to say what WP did but then, as he's worried about people voting WP for it, he makes a change to the end. Why raise it if he doesn't think it matters? I suppose it also accomplishes the goal of making it harder to argue against his vote on me- making it from lack of choice rather than specifics.

Addressing your comment on the first quote and point 1 in your list. As I said, I didn't plan to be absent, it wasn't me being oppurtunistic, it was just me coming back and having enough info to make a decision.

Point 2, this is LyLo? I haven't played this setup before but the "Classic scum crossvoting move" is a last day effort based on the fact that there is NO tomorrow. Therefor, the scum can make wild accusations that don't hold up with multiple days left. As that is NOT the case here, you can't accuse me of that, your point is invalid.

Point 3, how does it make it harder for you to argue my vote against you? If your argument is that I am scum, then nothing I say is relevent because I am lying.

In post 172, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 130, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 127, Hopkirk wrote:So could you answer my question about why you didn't vote either of us if we were both suspicous?

Partially because the comment was an exasperated sarcastic comment and partially because I can't vote two people at once. While I didn't mean to be gone for two days, sitting back did reveal GM to be pretty dang town, so now I don't have to choose! :)

Quoting this purely to have his response here. No real comment except i don't buy it. Seems to reinforce what i was saying earlier too.

What seems to reinforce what here? It doesn't really relate to anything you said.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 175, Hopkirk wrote:This is the same (almost) as what i said i dislike about lucky

In post 174, Hopkirk wrote:As i brought up in my last post, lucky basically does the same thing.

These comments were made in relation to Scipten and Witness. I don't know what it means that you would make these side comments relating your reads on them to me, but I don't like it.
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by Zebulin »

I just realized:

The "universal townread" players; goodmorning, serrapaladin, and BBMolla.

The players who aren't posting much lately; goodmorning, serrapaladin, and BBmolla.

I'm going to go check to see if any of the 3 are posting in other games but not this one.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

I don't know if I would qualify them as universal town reads so much as "the ones not being pressured".
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

UNVOTE:

@Zeblin: Not like I said I think serra is scum or anything.
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by Zebulin »

Nope. They're all posting the same amount in other games as they are in this one.

P-Edit: "No one has their vote on them" is what I meant.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 178, Hopkirk wrote:
1.) So is it usually helpful and this game is just an outlier?
2.) They both said about themselves being in a townblock.
3.) How are you reading the third member of your block?

1) I can take or leave it. It usually only takes a minute or so. I just tab up what I can find of a player's games and cross reference behaviors.
2) I didn't see this. Can you link to that post?
3) Serra is null-town. He is quiet and sort of avoiding the limelight, but the way in which he's acted feels more like town than scum.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Post by goodmorning »

I was liking Hopkirk til 172, now I think maybe not so Town?

As for me not really being around: I'm taking six 3000-level classes. My professors are mostly ridiculous.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:52 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Here's my lynch preferences in each group at the moment:

Hopkirk > lucky > gm

BC > scrip > serra

PN > zeb = BB
Wandering but not lost
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:50 am

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

We Prefer Serra and Hopkirk to go fwiw

Zeb unless you cross vote Molla, We won't consider changing Our mind/vote
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:57 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 186, goodmorning wrote:I was liking Hopkirk til 172, now I think maybe not so Town?

As for me not really being around: I'm taking six 3000-level classes. My professors are mostly ridiculous.

Can you go into a bit of detail about what you don't like about 172? I have my own issues with the post, but I'm surprised it would make you do a 180.

Also, totally understand. Last semester of my senior year right now. All upper division classes.

In post 187, serrapaladin wrote:Here's my lynch preferences in each group at the moment:

Hopkirk > lucky > gm

BC > scrip > serra

PN > zeb = BB

Good idea.

Vote order

Hopkirk > lucky2u > goodmorning

Beastcharizard > serrapaladin > Scripten

Zebulin > Perpetual Nonsense > BBmolla
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:03 am

Post by Zebulin »

Are we using Serra's pseudovote system? Pseudovotes on Hopkirk and beastcharziard then. I have the exact same reads as Serra, but I've stated it before (post 148).

VOTE: Perpetual Nonsense Just realized I never actually voted.

goodmorning: Don't worry about it then. RL trumps online mafia in my mind.
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Zebulin »

P-Edit: Perpetual Nonsense: Why would you ONLY consider me town if I voted BBMolla instead of you?
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:09 am

There is no reason to make further considerations if you aren't going to vote Molla. A Molla lynch then becomes impossible. That leaves only two choices. You, and Me. Please don't twist my words.
A vote on Molla makes no sense and has no point given you townreading him, and you thinking We are more scummy than Molla.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:11 am

In post 148, Zebulin wrote:The problem for me is that I'm
not
scumreading you or BBMolla, and it's very frustrating. Either we're the townbloc, which is unlikely and shouldn't be discussed at this point in the game, or one of you two is a master scumplayer, which is terrible for town in general and means I'll probably die D1 (I'm not exactly the towniest-looking player in any of my games, and I was being hammered until 5 minutes ago). I'm trying to get Courage to post more, since it seems only Wisdom is posting real walls at all, but when scum is in a townread and a leaning-townread and I'm widely being scumread I'm not sure what I can say to not die.

At this point I'd say Hopkirk, Witness and Perpetual are the scum, but Witness is my only real scumread. Hopkirk is leaning-scum and Perpetual is leaning-town, but not as town as BBMolla. ( I'm starting to suspect BBMolla simply because my main townreads my last 2 games have been scum in lylo. :/ )

P-Edit: Keep in mind these are page 5 reads. There's not going to be that much behind them compared to page 20+ reads.

Also, explain why you referred to Us and Molla (if scum) as "master scumplayers." That can't be farther from the truth.

Then, why are you defending your play as not scummy because "you didnt look townie in your past games."

And remind Us what Molla has done lately/recently that suggests he is really town?

Also, what do you have to comment about regarding the gamestate?
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:19 am

In post 181, Zebulin wrote:I just realized:

The players who aren't posting much lately; goodmorning, serrapaladin, and BBmolla.

I'm going to go check to see if any of the 3 are posting in other games but not this one.

not universal. You're relying on Molla "not fluffing early like past games, and also asking lots of questions" as a reason for townreading him.

Right now, I see you're prodding people to talk more and checking on their activity. However, if you're town, your survival means the most right now to you, more than figuring our the other blocks seeing as you're the one most likely to die right now, being the only one player with a majority of two votes.

From my POV, your only chance is to vote me and make a push for me if you don't want to die, as you don't believe Molla is scum (far from that). But, that pushing isn't happening, and you're simply "townreading" both Molla and me, and not really appearing to try to pressure either of us. That is worrying.

So, now you finally voted me when I prodded you to vote Molla or die (LOL), but still haven't asked any constructive questions to me. Although, I will admit the one about asking why I won't consider changing my mind unless you vote Molla was pretty clear to me (but not you, I understand it was not phrased well) to mean that it's a waste of my time to even think about voting Molla if you have him as strong-town and would only vote me if forced to vote.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:24 am

I haven't been here often or nearly enough, but since I haven't been able to stay focused on the other blocks (or the majority of the players in this game, for that matter), I'm going to spend my time today (24 hours probably shoudl be enough) just working on my own Block, as I have at best a 50% chance (if scum is in my block) of getting scum out of my block.

Whereas, picking blindly out of the other two blocks has at best a 33% chance. And, I'm not relaly getting a good hold on what's going on in this game due to three separate blocks, three separate voting blocks, etc. Like I have procrastinated for a week now.

Just, wild. lol
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:29 am

In post 62, Zebulin wrote:
In post 56, goodmorning wrote:Trying too hard to be casual.

Isn't that what RVS is supposed to be, though? If scum feel relaxed instead of pressured they are much more likely to say something stupid early game imo. That allows you to scumhunt effectively and make the right call come in-game sundown. I get that appearing town is what scum would want to do, but it's also what town wants to do. I've been mislynched in lylo my last 2 games, and this is basically 3 lylos.

VOTE: Perpetual Nonsense BBMolla's answer to my question seems town (also just seems town in general), and I don't see at all how Scripten or Hopkirk are very scummy at this stage in the game.
Also, he rejects top hats. That is a grave disappointment.

Going to meta-dive Perp and BBMolla.

Not really relevant, but this isn't three LYLOs

Only tomorrow Day 2 has the chance of being a true 2v3 lylo

So your excuse for it being lylo and thus your being not sure what to do to avoid dying (and thus having problems finding the courage to post more)

Doesn't add up - it's 2 v 7 and with your logic (can't quote on phone) can play loosely in this situation
There is only Us
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:36 am

Post by Zebulin »

In post 192, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:There is no reason to make further considerations if you aren't going to vote Molla. A Molla lynch then becomes impossible. That leaves only two choices. You, and Me. Please don't twist my words.
A vote on Molla makes no sense and has no point given you townreading him, and you thinking We are more scummy than Molla.

Nonononono. Just because I'm townreading Molla doesn't eliminate the chance that Molla's scum, and I'm giving it a 60/40 chance that you're scum compared to BBMolla. Keep in mind I said you're leaning town. I'll vote Molla if he looks scummier than you or keeps lurking, because it's frustrating me.

In post 193, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:
In post 148, Zebulin wrote:The problem for me is that I'm
not
scumreading you or BBMolla, and it's very frustrating. Either we're the townbloc, which is unlikely and shouldn't be discussed at this point in the game, or one of you two is a master scumplayer, which is terrible for town in general and means I'll probably die D1 (I'm not exactly the towniest-looking player in any of my games, and I was being hammered until 5 minutes ago). I'm trying to get Courage to post more, since it seems only Wisdom is posting real walls at all, but when scum is in a townread and a leaning-townread and I'm widely being scumread I'm not sure what I can say to not die.

At this point I'd say Hopkirk, Witness and Perpetual are the scum, but Witness is my only real scumread. Hopkirk is leaning-scum and Perpetual is leaning-town, but not as town as BBMolla. ( I'm starting to suspect BBMolla simply because my main townreads my last 2 games have been scum in lylo. :/ )

P-Edit: Keep in mind these are page 5 reads. There's not going to be that much behind them compared to page 20+ reads.

Also, explain why you referred to Us and Molla (if scum) as "master scumplayers." That can't be farther from the truth.

Then, why are you defending your play as not scummy because "you didnt look townie in your past games."

And remind Us what Molla has done lately/recently that suggests he is really town?

Also, what do you have to comment about regarding the gamestate?

I didn't refer to you two as "master scumplayers", I referred to whoever the Courage scum is a "master scumplayer/s". THese posts are assuming I'm just not counting BBMolla, but he still has a good chance of being scum. He's just not posting so I can't intercat with him and make a more educated guess as to his alignment.

I was not intentionally defending my play using "I didn't look townie in my past games". I apologize if it looked that way.

Absolutely nothing. BBMolla: Talk more.

I'm not optimistic about the gamestate. I have a bad feeling the one or both of the scum are lurking their was to victory, I'm worried I"ll get lynched Day 1 (not the most pleasant Mafia experience), and I have too many townreads, but other than that it's going great!

In post 194, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:
In post 181, Zebulin wrote:I just realized:

not universal. You're relying on Molla "not fluffing early like past games, and also asking lots of questions" as a reason for townreading him.

Right now, I see you're prodding people to talk more and checking on their activity. However, if you're town, your survival means the most right now to you, more than figuring our the other blocks seeing as you're the one most likely to die right now, being the only one player with a majority of two votes.

From my POV, your only chance is to vote me and make a push for me if you don't want to die, as you don't believe Molla is scum (far from that). But, that pushing isn't happening, and you're simply "townreading" both Molla and me, and not really appearing to try to pressure either of us. That is worrying.

So, now you finally voted me when I prodded you to vote Molla or die (LOL), but still haven't asked any constructive questions to me. Although, I will admit the one about asking why I won't consider changing my mind unless you vote Molla was pretty clear to me (but not you, I understand it was not phrased well) to mean that it's a waste of my time to even think about voting Molla if you have him as strong-town and would only vote me if forced to vote.

The problem with this post is that I don't have Molla as strongtown, not anymore. He stopped contributing to the discussion a while back and is basically prod-dodging, and that's dropped him to a null read.

Need to go to school now, will address other stuff later.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Ok, since this is a thing now...

hopkirk -> Goodmorning (vietnam!!!)

scripten -> beast -> serra

PN -> zeb -> BB

I would like to see everyone let their preferences know because I am seeing a pattern so far that is making me a little uncomfortable.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 197, Zebulin wrote:Nonononono. Just because I'm townreading Molla doesn't eliminate the chance that Molla's scum, and I'm giving it a 60/40 chance that you're scum compared to BBMolla. Keep in mind I said you're leaning town. I'll vote Molla if he looks scummier than you or keeps lurking, because it's frustrating me.

This backpedaling makes me want to change my list...

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”