Open 581: Making Friends and Enemies! (Game over)

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by Heartless »

The Kaboose paper trail goes right back to Titus; the associative tells are emanations of events occurring from the fallout of and .

The reads evolution on Kaboose throughout the game makes less sense as a natural progression and more sense as putting up the Phalanx once the serious attacks loomed. The first thing Titus posts about Kaboose is found in when she notes how Kaboose wasn't voting even though he was scum reading elle. From then on, though, she grabbed onto and never let go even though the reaction wasn't particularly town. For funsies, we even get a little revisionist history in when we hear Kaboose's ISO is "dripping with town motivation to crack the game," doubling down on a read that had evidence of showing cracks in the foundation.

She then has the incredibly strained angle in in the wake of Swag's obviously fake claim. Even if you
didn't
think the claim was obviously fake, the argument about how the mason claim should be lynched before the claimed guilty is terrible and doesn't hold up to even the mildest application of logic. We've been getting pushback from Titus every step of the way on the Kaboose read. I can just rattle off posts: , , , , , and . There's also the last moment move to try to get us to rejoin the Green Crayons wagon in by taking this strained "GC is scum if Kaboose is scum... or not" angle.

It's also apparent from how she talks about Anti that she's playing to his apparent meta experience with her. Anti will listen to me, though, so she's out of luck there.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1774, Malakittens wrote:The only thing that pauses me on Titus-town atm is GC v Titus because I know Titus-scum and played with her a few games to know that she's a mastermind diabolica scum and this whole dance reminds me of a recent off-site game. So I wouldn't put it past titus to go after her partner in order to win off of a type of bus like this.~

There's no evidence to suggest Titus wasn't bussing. Titus only voted after elle and Grib switched. With Antihero in full strong arm mode at that point, Kaboose's grave was just waiting to be filled.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Yeah, but she usually buses way sooner than that after watching her play scum tbh
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Heartless »

Usually, schmusually.

Unless the player has
that
rigid of a play I don't put much stock into those kinds of arguments.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Okay fine w/e it doesn't matter.

I still will want to lynch GC regardless. To lynch GC; if I have to lynch titus I will, but not with out hesistation because i still feel like shes somewhat town.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Heartless »

When I ask Antihero to back up this meta, will he?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Depends on which games he's gonna meta. Her meta has changed recently. When you play scum with her and you watch how she evolved that game there's things that she does, but yes she'll bus early if she knows her partner is in trouble or sometimes she'll try and lynch someone who isn't a scum partner. It depends on the size of the team and how many are alive. It's about the cred, all about the cred~

Lone Ranger
Lone Ranger
Goon
Lone Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by Lone Ranger »

Mala's pride in defending Titus makes me think Mala is town if Titus is scum. I agree that Titus did go to extraordinary lengths to protect Kaboose.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by Jingle »

Fascinating. Now, Anti, tell me how you feel about the Titus case. And someone whisper sweet nothings into my ear about Grib.

Also, I should be entirely caught up tomorrow night. And if you feel like I'm ignoring you, then be aware that I probably am.
This is a Parachute.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1782, Lone Ranger wrote:Mala's pride in defending Titus makes me think Mala is town if Titus is scum. I agree that Titus did go to extraordinary lengths to protect Kaboose.

The fact Kaboose had such a strong negative reaction to you calling Mala town makes me think Mala is in fact town, though I don't know how valid that logic is.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Lone Ranger
Lone Ranger
Goon
Lone Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by Lone Ranger »

Possibly. It could be a "towncred" type reaction too though i.e. questioning a townread on a buddy made on a tenous basis so if Mala ever flips, he looks good and I look bad.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1783, Jingle wrote:And someone whisper sweet nothings into my ear about Grib.

The interactions between Kaboose and Grib are quite extensive for them to be scum together. Kaboose is pretty conciliatory in his dealings with Grib. That, coupled with Grib's key vote in securing the Kaboose lynch, leads me to the conclusion that he's town.

Now I'd like to hear some whispers from you. ^_^

Just in general, how good of a scum player would you say Malakittens is, Jingle?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

^^^ Pulling from memory, but I believe a lot of the Kaboose/Grib interactions were driven by Kaboose, further solidifying a one way street in terms of alignment.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1786, Heartless wrote:
In post 1783, Jingle wrote:And someone whisper sweet nothings into my ear about Grib.

The interactions between Kaboose and Grib are quite extensive for them to be scum together. Kaboose is pretty conciliatory in his dealings with Grib. That, coupled with Grib's key vote in securing the Kaboose lynch, leads me to the conclusion that he's town.

Now I'd like to hear some whispers from you. ^_^

Just in general, how good of a scum player would you say Malakittens is, Jingle?

I honestly can't remember playing with her as scum. Which means either I've never played with scum her, or she's pretty decent. Possibly even both!
This is a Parachute.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:39 pm

Post by Heartless »

You're bad at this whole "whisper sweet nothings" thing Jingle.
Such a turn off. V_V
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1786, Heartless wrote:The interactions between Kaboose and Grib are quite extensive for them to be scum together. Kaboose is pretty conciliatory in his dealings with Grib. That, coupled with Grib's key vote in securing the Kaboose lynch, leads me to the conclusion that he's town.

Fascinatingly, elle said that a Titus/Grib team seemed likely to her, and that she'd probably die if that was the case.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Post by Jingle »

If you want I can post some erotic friendfiction, but I'm the mason of this pair, I get to lord by conftown status over everyone and generally be useless so that scum consider not shooting me tonight.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by Jingle »

I lied, she said possible, not likely. My bad.
This is a Parachute.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:51 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1781, Malakittens wrote:Depends on which games he's gonna meta. Her meta has changed recently. When you play scum with her and you watch how she evolved that game there's things that she does, but yes she'll bus early if she knows her partner is in trouble or sometimes she'll try and lynch someone who isn't a scum partner. It depends on the size of the team and how many are alive. It's about the cred, all about the cred~

i agree w/ this

i also don't understand mala's argument or her titus read. mala, could you flesh it out a bit more w/r/t what's going on in this game w/ titus and kaboose?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:59 pm

Post by Titus »

There's a past game where Anti Jingle and I all played together. Jingle was the mislynch target. So I repeat the same manuever...hoping for a different result?

Http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=51356

If you want to know my meta ask me.

Nah, this is opportunistic scum. I regret not seeing that sooner but fake guilties piss me the fuck off.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1794, Titus wrote:So I repeat the same manuever...hoping for a different result?

yeah...

i mean.... scum protect their scumbuddies and lynch town. that's what they're supposed to do. just b/c it went badly that time in the execution doesn't mean that's not what scum should do.

also, the game is about 9 months old so...meh. past the expiration date of meta invoking.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1795, Heartless wrote:
In post 1794, Titus wrote:So I repeat the same manuever...hoping for a different result?

yeah...

i mean.... scum protect their scumbuddies and lynch town. that's what they're supposed to do. just b/c it went badly that time in the execution doesn't mean that's not what scum should do.

also, the game is about 9 months old so...meh. past the expiration date of meta invoking.

Just mislynch me now then.

Seriously if you are so dense to consider me that stupid as scum, nothing I say will convince you when it's 2 v 1. Three if you include the dumb townie that inevitably pushes.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:17 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1602, Kaboose wrote:
In post 1600, Heartless wrote:no my case is that, as scum, you make hair-rippingly shitty cases for scummy ppl to be town which is what you're doing w/ kaboose

How am I scummy?

In post 1603, Titus wrote:I don't see why Kaboose is scum?

I had Swag who is obvious scum to me...and he fakeclaims a guilty on his buddy...that is Titus level scumfuckery. Most do not do that.

In post 1604, Kaboose wrote:Wait you don't see how I'm scum, but Swag is scum and he fakeclaimed a guilty on his buddy, and in that case that buddy was me... So you do think I'm scum? or you don't? Because your 1603 is confusing.

i don't know tth, this doesn't look like a scum-scum-scum series of posts... :?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1796, Titus wrote:Just mislynch me now then.

Seriously if you are so dense to consider me that stupid as scum, nothing I say will convince you when it's 2 v 1. Three if you include the dumb townie that inevitably pushes.

/shrug

it wouldn't have been a bad move as scum. you would've just gotten unlucky that the flashwagon on kaboose actually went through. there really wasn't an indication that it was going to.

this is hard.... gc's pointedness doesn't really feel townish to me
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1796, Titus wrote:Just mislynch me now then.

Heh. Didn't waste any time going straight for Anti's soft spot did you? :lol:

Nice try, but I'm working on getting him inoculated to bullshit like this.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Return to “Completed Open Games”